PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the Steelers will respond to this loss?

Rampage
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Alright, the loss hurts but it's over. How do you think this team will respond pending a new CBA is put in place? We know what happened the last two times this team got to the Super Bowl. What will happen this time?

Steelers miss the playoffs
Steelers make it to the playoffs and get dumped before the Super Bowl
Steelers make it to the Super Bowl and lose
Steelers win the Super Bowl
Other

A Pac
02-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I think that the Steelers will make the playoffs and lose in them. I am just playing averages here. No team has been to back to back Super Bowls in 6 years. It is very rare to see it happen. I don't see either the Packers or Steelers making it back next year. I do however think that the Steelers will win at least one more Super Bowl with the players they have now. Just not next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I can't look ahead that far right now, there's too many variables that have to be decided this offseason yet. They have a lot of free agents to deal with and some areas to address especially in the secondary. I always expect the Steelers to make the playoffs but other than that I can't say right now.

I do know they won't just give up the ship and tank. They will come back!

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I was between get to the playoffs and lose and get to the superbowl and win, only because I can't see them missing the playoffs next year and I definitely can't see them losing in another superbowl. So the homer in me says that they get back to the big dance and bring home #7 for Pittsburgh next year.

NHStlrfan
02-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I can't look ahead that far right now, there's too many variables that have to be decided this offseason yet. They have a lot of free agents to deal with and some areas to address especially in the secondary. I always expect the Steelers to make the playoffs but other than that I can't say right now.

I do know they won't just give up the ship and tank. They will come back!

But you can look at history. Chances are higher they will be there next year than just about any other team with the possible exception of the Patriots. There are very few organizations that consistently make good decisions and player moves. The Steelers just happen to be one of them. They have reacted to adversity better than success as a whole. I expect this loss to be the catalyst to launch them into better fortune. Track record is, playing the numbers, if they make it to SB XLVI, they win it.

Steel Trap86
02-07-2011, 03:21 PM
They will make it back to the playoffs, but I have no idea what will happen when they get there. New England is going to be a tough team next season. Pretty sure they have 3 first round picks

A Pac
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
They will make it back to the playoffs, but I have no idea what will happen when they get there. New England is going to be a tough team next season. Pretty sure they have 3 first round picks

2 first rounders and 3 seconds. they are going to come back loaded though.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Well first of all there might not be a next season. If there is I think the Steelers will have something to prove. I think however the front office is going to have to address some of our weaknesses. Secondary, o-line etc. Things that they keep overlooking sense we just keep winning. Some of our players are getting older and may need replaced. Ben is still not 30 yet and I think he has alot left in him. This year hopefully will be put behind him and he can move forward.I still think we need to change our philosophy offensively, getting rid of Bruce Arians would be a great start.

bensshoes
02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I've never entered a year not believeing we wouldn't win the SB. As a matter of fact i enter every year believing that we will go undefeated, when we lose a game i accept it but i'll never call a loss untill it happens.

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Unless the Steelers address their secondary issues, they are vulnerable to a passing team in the playoffs.

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I'll go for it all. I have faith they will fill the holes this off season.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 07:21 PM
They better hella reload during the offseason and i mean in a serious way. They're going to have to make a huge statement to the entire nfl and the other 30 teams that the Steelers want to win it all.

The Packers want to repeat......I would love to see the Steelers get redemption against the team that beat them. At least the Steelers would know what to expect next time around.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 07:26 PM
It's always tough to make it to back to back Super Bowls but if any team can do it and has the resolve to do it it's the Steelers. As long as Ben is healthy,and the defense remains solid and they improve this secondary they have as good a chance as anybody in the AFC to get back next season. Speaking of next season there definitely will be a season and I dont see anyway that the owners and players allow this lockout to take place...

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Well I never expected the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl this year. I was just thinking playoffs after last years debacle. Then all the issues with Ben and Holmes.I never thought we would beat New England, but the chips fell in our favor. I never thought we'd lose to Green bay either. Not in a million years. That's why this one hurt.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Well I never expected the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl this year. I was just thinking playoffs after last years debacle. Then all the issues with Ben and Holmes.I never thought we would beat New England, but the chips fell in our favor. I never thought we'd lose to Green bay either. Not in a million years. That's why this one hurt.

I agree the Steelers got a few breaks in their favor this year in the playoffs. They got to have 2 games at home and didnot have to play a Patriots team who has gotten the best of them time after time. The chips definitely did fall their fall and you definitely have to have a little bit of luck sometimes to get to the Super Bowl. The Steelers had it right in the palm of their hands and just simply fell a little bit short.

Farrior Fan
02-07-2011, 08:09 PM
The Pats quite simply have to keep their O line in tact to remain great. If they do then they are the favorites. If not we go to the SB and should win it.

Of course that is assuming:
1. Troy is healthy
2. We make a major upgrade at CB
3. We don't have musical chairs at every Oline position
4. Ben is healthy
5. No big retirement surprises
6. A draft that yields at least 2 big contributors

North Steel
02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Unless the Steelers address their secondary issues, they are vulnerable to a passing team in the playoffs.

:plus1:

A Pac
02-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Just curious, but what the hell else constitutes "other"? Lockout?

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 09:24 PM
They better hella reload during the offseason and i mean in a serious way. They're going to have to make a huge statement to the entire nfl and the other 30 teams that the Steelers want to win it all.

The Packers want to repeat......I would love to see the Steelers get redemption against the team that beat them. At least the Steelers would know what to expect next time around.

Im with you as much respect as I have for the Packers team and their fans I would absolutely love to see the Steelers and Packers have a rematch in the Super Bowl and for the Steelers to get some payback...The Packers definitely have a good young team that will have a chance to repeat but they will soon find out next season that being the hunted instead of the hunter with a target on your back is not an easy thing to do. The Packers will get a lot of key guys back next season on offense and defense and be a pretty good team but they definitely cannot afford to suffer the same kinds of injuries they had this season and expect to repeat it simply will not happen. You will not be that fortunate 2 years in a row...

Rampage
02-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Just curious, but what the hell else constitutes "other"? Lockout?

Its an option for all the wafflers.

:banana:

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2011, 09:54 PM
To early to say.

William Gay is garbage. We need to bring back Taylor and jettison Gay.

We need to keep upgrading the O-line because we need for the running game to be dominate to take pressure off of Ben.

steelerschick1220
02-08-2011, 10:57 PM
I think this will motivate them and they come out swinging next year. So I definetly think we make the playoffs next year and from there, who knows. And there better be football next year or heads will roll. I love NASCAR and like basketball, but if there isn't grown men hitting each other come september I'm gonna hit someone.

SteelDad
02-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Way too soon and way too many changes to be made before I can make an educated guess. We know what history says about SB losers making it back, but I think Tomlin is the right guy for this particular issue.

franchise3
02-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Way too soon and way too many changes to be made before I can make an educated guess. We know what history says about SB losers making it back, but I think Tomlin is the right guy for this particular issue.

Except there won't be many changes. I hope I'm wrong.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2011, 09:12 PM
If there is a team that I'd bet on to have a good chance to make it back, it would be the Steelers. Their never say die resolve has served them well over the Tomlin years. Assuming we don't get killed with tons of injuries and depending on how the offseason works out with the players we have and get...who knows. There's a 101 factors to figure in between now and September though so we shall see...

Rampage
02-10-2011, 09:17 PM
If there is a team that I'd bet on to have a good chance to make it back, it would be the Steelers. Their never say die resolve has served them well over the Tomlin years. Assuming we don't get killed with tons of injuries and depending on how the offseason works out with the players we have and get...who knows. There's a 101 factors to figure in between now and September though so we shall see...

The standard is the standard and we're going to unleash hell!