PDA

View Full Version : Did the Steelers "psych" themselves out?

jackhammer1
02-07-2011, 01:56 PM
When they showed the two teams before the game, Ben and the boys looked like their a-holes were puckered up like a tight fist, meanwhile the GBay boys were laughing and joking, looking forward to the game. It reminds me of the story of the Steelers first Super Bowl win, when they said in the tunnel leading to the field, the young upstart Steelers were actualy laughing at the veteran Minnasota Vikings, just before putting an *** wiping on them. Why the Steelers were uptight surprises me, during the week they seemed relaxed and ready, and Green Bay seemed uptight, not going out much in Dallas and staying in and watching film. The veteran leadership didn't pay off this time, with GBay having no one that had ever been to the big dance. Go figure.:thinking:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Redman and Hood both said the team came out flat. It would appear that they were so hell bent on staying focused and taking care of business that they psyched themselves out. They calmed down in the second half but the damage was done in the first half that put them behind the 8 ball for the rest of the game.

changed your thread title so I can use it on the homepage :)

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
You know it's bad when Anthony Madison is the one leading you out of the tunnel..

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Ward looked like he was going to puke just before the game started.....I looked at my brother and said Hines looks like he is playing in his first Super Bowl....I had a bad feeling right after that.......The team just didn't seem right......Don't know really since I'm not in their heads.......

Rampage
02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
The biggest thing I saw about the Packers leading up to this game is that you have to weather the storm during the first half. Unfortunately, the Steelers didn't get the memo and they gave away free points. They just about got the comeback, but it was too little too late.

I don't think that they were psyched out, I think they were out coached and out performed.

TampaSteelGirl
02-07-2011, 04:30 PM
The biggest thing I saw about the Packers leading up to this game is that you have to weather the storm during the first half. Unfortunately, the Steelers didn't get the memo and they gave away free points. They just about got the comeback, but it was too little too late.

I don't think that they were psyched out, I think they were out coached and out performed.

I agree here 100%...Packers deserved this win IMO.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Ben looked psyched out.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
When the Steelers went 3 and out to start this game with great field position after a decent return by Antonio Brown I knew that was a bad sign right there...The whole team just seemed completely out of sync early on in the game and by the time they found their game it was too little too late...

Rampage
02-07-2011, 08:35 PM
When the Steelers went 3 and out to start this game with great field position after a decent return by Antonio Brown I knew that was a bad sign right there...The whole team just seemed completely out of sync early on in the game and by the time they found their game it was too little too late...

Same exact feeling over here. Remember the Patriots game? The offense just went three and out until the defense broke and then they were out of the game in a flash. Same exact thing happened.

This team has some things to address if they don't want everyone and their mother spreading them out.

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Ben looked psyched out.

HIs passes were sailing on him. And he was forcing some passes when the reciever was double covered.

The intensity and focus was not there. Like we took them too lightly.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
It definitely didn't look like our STEELERS out there, they certainly seemed flat. After his performance in the post season I gotta wonder how much that foot is bothering him.... The D was missing their normal fire at the beginning of the game and never was able to come up with the "big "play. It just seemed like the whole team was outta "sync" more then "psyched" out

pimplydan
02-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Ward looked like he was going to puke just before the game started.....I looked at my brother and said Hines looks like he is playing in his first Super Bowl....I had a bad feeling right after that.......The team just didn't seem right......Don't know really since I'm not in their heads.......

Ya I noticed that too. I bet your right he probable did just puke like in his first superbowl . I was shocked because he is the one that should of calmed down the other young receivers .

igor0190
02-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Turnovers... end of story. Ben played like crap. Two bad interceptions(one for a TD), and the terrible miss to Mike Wallace when he was wide open for a TD.

Woodson_DownUnder
02-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Ya I noticed that too. I bet your right he probable did just puke like in his first superbowl . I was shocked because he is the one that should of calmed down the other young receivers .

Considering the first play went to Hines, he caught it and went straight to the next play/ huddle? No problem. I think nervousness can get the better of most people for a lil' while then the game starts and you just flick the auto pilot switch. Hines handled it ok I thought. Didn't mess up any targeted attempts IIRC.

Nolrog
02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
The game changed twice against them. First the INT for TD put them behind the 8-ball. But they were clawing their way out and marching towards a tie or lead when Mendenhall fumbled. I thought that was the back breaker rigth there.

jackhammer1
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I thought they might have Flozell lead them out, him returning to play in Dallas and all, but Madison? Or even "The Beard", now that would have fired up Steeler Nation!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2011, 02:01 PM
I look back at this game and going 3 and out after a nice return did give me a bad feeling too. However I figured that given the fact that the Steelers started off slow many times this year and had to rally, I wasn't overly concerned at first.

I tell ya though it just seem like that they had gotten themselves into such a "business as usual" mindset that they forgot how to play the game. They were trying to stay so low key and not get excited that they ended up not being able to match the intensity of the Packers early on.

steelersbabex25
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
I thought they might have Flozell lead them out, him returning to play in Dallas and all, but Madison? Or even "The Beard", now that would have fired up Steeler Nation!

Just SOMEONE that's of any relevance. I wonder what they were thinking..let's get the jackass who made us look like complete fools 4 years ago against the Patriots lead us out of the tunnel at the superbowl game. Whoever thought of that idea needs to be shot.

Rampage
02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Just SOMEONE that's of any relevance. I wonder what they were thinking..let's get the jackass who made us look like complete fools 4 years ago against the Patriots lead us out of the tunnel at the superbowl game. Whoever thought of that idea needs to be shot.

Anthony Madison or Anthony Smith?

--- Added 2/8/2011 at 01:40 PM ---

I look back at this game and going 3 and out after a nice return did give me a bad feeling too. However I figured that given the fact that the Steelers started off slow many times this year and had to rally, I wasn't overly concerned at first.

I tell ya though it just seem like that they had gotten themselves into such a "business as usual" mindset that they forgot how to play the game. They were trying to stay so low key and not get excited that they ended up not being able to match the intensity of the Packers early on.

I agree with the second paragraph. They seemed too relax. You don't want them coming out tight in the ***, but they also need to look hungry. They didn't and they missed dinner time.

steelersbabex25
02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Anthony Madison or Anthony Smith?

:rofl: Weird..I was thinking of Smith. Either way the rest of the argument remains the same.

parker39
02-08-2011, 07:20 PM

No they were not outperformed or played they hurt themselves throwing into double coverage is stupidty ,,The lions are smarter than that...
Gay lets the reciever catch the ball 2inches from him never jumps or trys to swat it away.. what a joke