PDA

View Full Version : The blame game

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Who or what do you blame this loss on?

Me, BigBen played horribly. He was inaccurate and his ints hurt us. Poor clock management by Tomlin. Trying to kick a 52 yard field goal hurt us in field position.

Where were Polamalu and Harrison all game? I hardly heard there names. Our secondary gave up some big third down plays.

Rashard Mendenhall. He ran well. But, once a fumbler always a fumbler. Matthews did make a great play, but you must protect the ball! The difference in greatness, you don't fumble the ball in the sb when you are about to take the lead. I'm about done with Mendenhall.

The problem with the Steelers all season was they were never able to put together a complete game. Just look at the playoff games. We played great in the first half vs the Jets, and great in the second half vs the Ravens. Remember 60 minute men? The Steelers were 30 minute men.

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Ben played like a rookie! Our O-line did a solid job, Mendy was on pace for MVP if we won but he fumbled that away.

Troy might as well just sat on the bench he was the #1 turd on defense last night.

Willie Gay, B-Mac were picked on all damn game, if I were them I'd be disgusted.

But it really comes down to the turn overs, this is a completely diffrent game w/out them.

But lets not forget the Packs played their asses off so a BIG CONGRATS TO THOSE GUYS!!

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Wallace, although he did have a td, was nonexistent. Our defense didn't create any turnovers at all.

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Can we Fire Arians now... Or do we need another 10 screen plays to an unprotected WR to **** you off.. is that all you got BA? This team deserves better than this.. That offensive game plan was a joke. lets run 26 yards in two plays then on 3rd and 2 try to pass to miller for 20 yards.... a little note. green bay had miller covered tight all night. please dont blame mendenhall..... he got slammed... arians needs to get slammed.... fire his ***

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Can we Fire Arians now... Or do we need another 10 screen plays to an unprotected WR to **** you off.. is that all you got BA? This team deserves better than this.. That offensive game plan was a joke. lets run 26 yards in two plays then on 3rd and 2 try to pass to miller for 20 yards.... a little note. green bay had miller covered tight all night. please dont blame mendenhall..... he got slammed... arians needs to get slammed.... fire his ***

I agree, I gave him a "PASS" for a couple games, but 1st and 20 and you're calling a 3 yard screen, you deserve a canning!!

Even being down I would of still ran the ball, they were playing deep D giving us the short field, quick draws etc etc....

We went too pass happy IMO!

hit 'n run
02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
I checked out the forum on still being proud of our team and of course, that's a given. A SA is loyal.

But what hurts me so much about this Super Bowl # 45 is that they gave the game away. That's what it looked like to me. And it hurts.

-> I'm not mad at them - I love our team no matter what, now and forever.

I grew up in western PA and being a Steeler fan is an emotional investment. It takes every little piece of my heart.

If I was born in another state, or eastern PA, etc., I wouldn't be interested in professional football at all. That's just me (a woman, after all), I know...

Having said that, I think it's wonderful that our team has fans and ADDICTS from everywhere - it's great.

Did anyone else see the game last night in this way? That they gave the Packers this game?

So wow, I have the Forty-Five Blues today. And I have it bad.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I agree. Props to Green bay, the deserve to be champs. I still don't feel the Packers are a better team than us. But they were yesterday. I remember when we lost sb XX vs Dallas, I wasn't as upset. Dallas had a great team and we were huge underdogs. We were a qb away from beating them. But this one hurt alot.

StlersGuy
02-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I blame no one they wanted it more, they where the better team and we gave it our all... That about sums it up.

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

TEEMONT
02-07-2011, 10:14 AM
3 very specific things lost this game:
1. Penalties. Champions play with discipline.
2. The mendy fumble.
3. Bens pick 6

If 2 or 3 dont happen, they win the game, no doubt in my mind. And both of them were very preventable. The penalties goes right on Tomlin's head though, he's obviously not holding the players accountable for their actions. I'd like to see where the Steelers ranked league-wide on personal fouls this year, it has to be very close to the top.

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 10:15 AM
First and foremost, congrats to the Packers. They were mistake-free and took advantage of every mistake we made. That is championship football.

Ben was not Ben. Who will ever really know just how banged up he was, but if you're playing then it's expected that you play well and he didn't. First INT I will not put all on him, 2nd one I will. He was high and wide all night long and the 2-minute drill looked worse than a JV football drill.

Defensive lapses we all knew would be there. When there isn't adequate pressure, we don't have DB's that can cover. Troy? What a disappointing performance.

Lots of blame to go around, but unfortunately, Mendy's fumble was probably the biggest error of them all.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 10:22 AM
I agree. Cowher would have been right up in these guys faces for some of the stupid **** theyve been doing. Keyaron fox, our special teams captain? How many personal fouls has this guy had this year? Keomatu has done some stupid crap too. Undisciplined! You gotta put that on Tomlin.

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 10:22 AM
, Mendy's fumble was probably the biggest error of them all.

Maybe Mendy could use some blocking? Please dont blame the players... Its BA all the way .. he may coach good. but his game plan sucks...

broncoland
02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
big ben, CARMA!!!

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
big ben, CARMA!!!

You spelled "karma" wrong stupid ***!

TEEMONT
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
big ben, CARMA!!!

if you're gonna talk **** at least spell it correctly you tool

StlersGuy
02-07-2011, 10:32 AM
big ben, CARMA!!!

:troll:

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Keyaron Fox's personal foul was just a killer. Granted we had to go all the way for the TD anyways so perhaps those 15 yds wouldn't have mattered anyways, but you never know. It was just plain stupid and it's not the first time he's done it. He's a special teams capt, but I have a feeling he won't be one next year. I'm quite sure Tomlin gave these guys more than a good *** chewing at halftime, the reporters said as much when the 2nd half started. Let's just make sure we don't mistake Tomlni's lack of "cowherness" on the sidelines for anything other than that's just how he coaches. The players like him and they love his motivational style. Some of the blame does go on him of course being the head coach, but these guys have rode the Tomlin philosophy all year long and it's worked out pretty well until yesterday.

bensshoes
02-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Its amazing too me that all the posts here are looking for blame? The Steelers started out rather flat, that some times happens. They were still the team we all love and did a hell of a job surging back. You people need too slap yourselves in the face and remember that we live in Steeler Nation and maybe thank this awesome team for giving us the oppertunity to get another championship. Wkae up and stop crying we owe our team more gratitude than that and if you're a fair weather fan then the hell with ya, but when were winning next season you'll be back, so think about that!

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Our offense never attacks the other teams weakness and sticks with it... GB sure attacked our weakness... and we didnt counter that... so we lost by 6 points and gave the ball away three times. and an easy 7 points, to boot.

FIRE BA... Hire an offensive power house of a coach... Screw this BA crap...

The more i think about it the more pissed i get...

TEEMONT
02-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Its amazing too me that all the posts here are looking for blame? The Steelers started out rather flat, that some times happens. They were still the team we all love and did a hell of a job surging back. You people need too slap yourselves in the face and remember that we live in Steeler Nation and maybe thank this awesome team for giving us the oppertunity to get another championship. Wkae up and stop crying we owe our team more gratitude than that and if you're a fair weather fan then the hell with ya, but when were winning next season you'll be back, so think about that!

Shut up clown. No one here is abandoning the Steelers, we're talkign about the game and they lost. If you can't bring yourself to criticize a team that obviously played like *** last night, then you're the worst kind of fan.

Fans take the good with the bad, and believe me, I'm more than happy we were able to watch them play last night, but I can still call a spade a spade. Ben played like ***, Mendy blew it on a HUGE fumble, and the team has no ****in dicsipline. Take your Black and Gold glasses off for a minute.

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Shut up clown. No one here is abandoning the Steelers, we're talkign about the game and they lost. If you can't bring yourself to criticize a team that obviously played like *** last night, then you're the worst kind of fan.

Fans take the good with the bad, and believe me, I'm more than happy we were able to watch them play last night, but I can still call a spade a spade. Ben played like ***, Mendy blew it on a HUGE fumble, and the team has no ****in dicsipline. Take your Black and Gold glasses off for a minute.

:yellowthumb:

Rampage
02-07-2011, 11:30 AM
You win as a team and you lose as a team and this was a losing effort. The only part of this team that put a solid game together was special teams and they even pulled a few boners. The team that played better together and made fewer mistakes won and you can't take anything away from them.

bensshoes
02-07-2011, 11:39 AM

why don't you point your circus sized finger up your own rectum you are an assclown you should implement the 48 hour rule before you start using your hipowered perseption in hindsight to tell others that are obviously better than you what they should have done!

Scorp
02-07-2011, 11:40 AM
The last thing we need is for Steelers fans telling eachother off. We all bleed the same colors, wear the same colors, and wave the same towel. We should never be down eachother's throats or on another's ***.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 11:43 AM
The last thing we need is for Steelers fans telling eachother off. We all bleed the same colors, wear the same colors, and wave the same towel. We should never be down eachother's throats or on another's ***.

This.

This is the time when you can show everyone that you are a true fan of this team. Wear your Steelers garb with pride and when the others try to get you down just reply: The Steelers were the first to six and will be the first to seven and I'll always be with them with my Terrible Towel in hand, win or lose.

:cope::tt02::helmet:

bensshoes
02-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree and apologize if my thoughts have offended anyone as we are one and all STEELER NATION!

:tt02:
:cope::cope::tt02::cope::tt02::plus1:

roosterray
02-07-2011, 11:57 AM

When I stepped away from what we do on offense right now. I think the plays are designed to help the young WR, slow WR, and Ben's strength of reading coverage after the snap. Create open space then decide. BA does it because Ben has always been bad at presnap reads.

However; that's on Coaching for not making players smarter. Nothing is easy in our Passing game and I think we have what 2-3 running plays. Totally vanilla on offense.

We need someone who can make this game easier. WE NEED a healthy Oline.

--- Added 2/7/2011 at 10:57 AM ---

First and foremost, congrats to the Packers. They were mistake-free and took advantage of every mistake we made. That is championship football.

Ben was not Ben. Who will ever really know just how banged up he was, but if you're playing then it's expected that you play well and he didn't. First INT I will not put all on him, 2nd one I will. He was high and wide all night long and the 2-minute drill looked worse than a JV football drill.

Defensive lapses we all knew would be there. When there isn't adequate pressure, we don't have DB's that can cover. Troy? What a disappointing performance.

Lots of blame to go around, but unfortunately, Mendy's fumble was probably the biggest error of them all.

Would you rather have Ben at 80% or Cutler sitting on the bench in crunchtime? I choose Ben. But the OC is responsible for making sure the WR know what to do on the field.

SteelerDave74
02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
You can't really pinpoint the actual blame on an actual person. It takes a team to win a game, takes a team to lose a game. The whole staff from the coordinators, to the coaches, to the players, and etc. They are all to blame for this terrible game plan.

Despite us losing, I am still extremely proud of our Steelers. We had one hell of a ride this season and I feel we was spoiled as fans. Nobody expected us to be this far after Ben's suspension. All the injuries to the key players from the season to the playoffs came back to haunt us in the end. I know we all should be bellyaching, swearing, carrying on a fit and all, but, There is no way I can. THANK YOU STEELERS FOR THE AWESOME SEASON. IT WAS FUN!!! BLACK N GOLD BLEEDER TIL THE DAY I DIE. GO STEELERS!!! :tt2: :tt2:

NHStlrfan
02-07-2011, 12:15 PM

There are just too many reasons to get rid of BA and right NOW! The fumble was a missed block by the backup center on an intricate blocking assignment with a play called for a pulling center!! Can you call a play that's tougher for a center than that, I think not!! This was an unprepared offense without a plan! That's the BA trademark!

Pick 2 was the result of a call that was made on a time out!!!! Is that the play you just had to get in so bad that you had to waste a time out for?! Seriously, that was just about as bad as you can get. If that were the first time he'd done it, I'd give him a break but he's done it many times!

It's just too much to watch any more. I shudder to think where this team woudl be if they'd gone after Charlie Weiss or for that matter used a bingo machine to call the plays!

FIRE ARIANS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEEMONT
02-07-2011, 12:24 PM
why don't you point your circus sized finger up your own rectum you are an assclown you should implement the 48 hour rule before you start using your hipowered perseption in hindsight to tell others that are obviously better than you what they should have done!

what?

SteelrFan
02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Mission accomplished for what seemed like everyone in the world against the Steelers. Jerry Jones must love getting a payday thanks to Steelers and GB fans expense.

The game momentum changed when Mendy lost the ball and nobody knew it.
I never thought the secondary was very good for the Steelers this year and hope they can fix it. The big plays never happened for the D.
Glad I was able to see them on tv because of them winning and getting this far.
Astro Turf should be banned.

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Maybe Mendy could use some blocking? Please dont blame the players... Its BA all the way .. he may coach good. but his game plan sucks...

I understand what you're saying re: each issue. I don't like blaming players at all, but you cannot fumble there and on what was seemingly an average hit. The ball wasn't even stripped. Be that as it may, Mendy ran very hard for us and I applaud his effort. The blocking on the play was horrible with Legursky and Johnson getting shoved 5 yards into the backfield. Either way, hang onto the ball! In terms of BA, I don't even know if he coaches well I just know his gameplans suck 75% of the time.

--- Added 2/7/2011 at 11:34 AM ---

When I stepped away from what we do on offense right now. I think the plays are designed to help the young WR, slow WR, and Ben's strength of reading coverage after the snap. Create open space then decide. BA does it because Ben has always been bad at presnap reads.

However; that's on Coaching for not making players smarter. Nothing is easy in our Passing game and I think we have what 2-3 running plays. Totally vanilla on offense.

We need someone who can make this game easier. WE NEED a healthy Oline.

--- Added 2/7/2011 at 10:57 AM ---

Would you rather have Ben at 80% or Cutler sitting on the bench in crunchtime? I choose Ben. But the OC is responsible for making sure the WR know what to do on the field.

What does Cutler have to with anything????:thinking:

Sure the OC has to make sure everyone knows where they are supposed to be but so does the QB. I have been one of the few who has stood by BR throughout everything so when I see him play a less than subpar game I feel I'm entitled to say so.

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 01:17 PM
I understand what you're saying re: each issue. I don't like blaming players at all, but you cannot fumble there and on what was seemingly an average hit. The ball wasn't even stripped. Be that as it may, Mendy ran very hard for us and I applaud his effort. The blocking on the play was horrible with Legursky and Johnson getting shoved 5 yards into the backfield. Either way, hang onto the ball! In terms of BA, I don't even know if he coaches well I just know his gameplans suck 75% of the time..

We dont have a fullback on our team thanks BA.. we have 85 and pouncey was out and our other fullback 64 was playing center... Then Mendy got wacked.... See pic.. Good Luck Mendy.

http://www.fmb360.com/1.jpg

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
We dont have a fullback on our team thanks BA.. we have 85 and pouncey was out and our other fullback 64 was playing center... Then Mendy got wacked.... See pic.. Good Luck Mendy.

http://www.fmb360.com/1.jpg

Believe me Bro, I hear ya, but you have to hang onto the football. Do I blame 85 and 64 just as much? Yup.

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Believe me Bro, I hear ya, but you have to hang onto the football. Do I blame 85 and 64 just as much? Yup.

Matthews hit him perfect... Mendy didnt lose the game....

He only had the ball 14 times.. BA lost this game.

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 03:22 PM

I love you man but if Mendy is carrying the ball it his ball to lose.

I do agree 1000000% about the lack of carries, I prsonally would be running the ball even down two TD's.

Ambridge
02-07-2011, 03:24 PM
There are enough candidates for the "Super Bowl Goat" but I think the problem is a common theme that seems to Rear its ugly head on a fairly regular occurence which is the Steelers coming out and playing like they're out to lunch. (Turnovers, Costly Penalties, and poor execution).
This includes Questionable Coaching Decisions and the coaching staff appearing to be unprepared and out-coached.

Spare me the players Love Tomlin and he a classy guy stuff. His teams have the tendency to come out and play like they forgot there was a game..and yesterday it finally showed and bit them in the Butt in the biggest game.

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Who gets the most credit in when we win? Tomlin, Ben, LeBeau.

The blame falls the same way: Tomlin, Ben (add BA) & LeBeau

Ultimately the responsibility is Tomlin's so blame him. It was a total team effort they all get some blame.

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I know he played like ****, but I feel I need to defend Roethlisberger:

1. Arian's is an idiot with an inept offensive passing scheme.
2. Arian's is an idiot who does not comprehend when and how to use the rush
3. This offensive line has sucked for a long time and Roethlisberger continues to receive physical punishment, leaving him nearly useless come playoffs.
4. Hines Ward wasn't this year, and hasn't been for the last few seasons, a real #1 receiver.
5. Wallace was not a replacement for Holmes.
6. The first interception was a result of the offensive line.
7. The second interception was the result of a team down by 2 touchdowns in the Superbowl. It was a great pass, just thrown into an idiotic location.
8. He's become the poster-boy for immorality and has received a villainous image due to the classy Rooneys helping the league and media villanize him instead of forming a public relations machine to have lessened the damage done to Roethlisberger's reputation.

How a guy who murdered dogs with his own hands, and ran an organization that led to the murdering of dogs by others, was arrested, charged, indicted, convicted, sentenced, and served jail time ends up having a better reputation than a guy who was never even charged with anything is a direct product of the Rooneys.

He wouldn’t have been suspended if he had been on any other team in the league. The Rooneys happily went along with the whole thing to show how "classy" they are and that's why he ended up suspended 4 games and completely villanized. If I was Roethlisberger I would've asked to be released. He would've been picked up faster than you can misspell Roethlisberger.

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 04:38 PM

I'm not saying in any way that MENDY lost the game for us. There is plenty of blame to go around. I'm simply making the argument that I don't care how hard you get hit or where you get hit, you just can't cough it up. He got hit harder by the cameraman on the sidelines last night then what Clay did.

If I sound like a BA apologist, I'm sorry because I want him shown the door immediately for numerous reasons. My point earlier in this thread was that Mendy's fumble was, IMO, the turning point of the game. I do not blame him for the loss.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 06:28 PM
The Mendenhall fumble there the first play of the 4th quarter was absolutely devistating and the key point in the game. The Steelers had great field position to start that drive at the Packers 41 yard line and all the momentum and just completely pissed it away after Mendy fumbled there. What made it 1000 times worse was Green Bay went right down the field and scored right after that and made it 28-17 when it should have been 24-21 Steelers.