PDA

View Full Version : Arians super bowl play calling; is he coming back in 2011

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 12:56 AM
I hate to be "that" girl, but we're all thinking it, and it must be said. Now that we've lost this game, does that mean that the slim to none chance that Bruce Arians will be on a plane back to wherever he came from has just gone up to a slim to possibly chance?

Scorp
02-07-2011, 01:00 AM
As much as we all want him out, he is not going anywhere. I don't know. We'll see how things pan out in the weeks and months ahead. But never be afraid to speak your mind.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 01:03 AM
As much as we all want him out, he is not going anywhere. I don't know. We'll see how things pan out in the weeks and months ahead. But never be afraid to speak your mind.

I realize. The fact that Ben is in love with him will probably play a huge factor in him staying in Pittsburgh. But, Ben isn't the one that makes the decisions, that's Tomlin. Unfortunately, Tomlin also doesn't have much of a spine.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Still think adding talent to the OL is the key for the offense.....Not blaming this loss on the OL at all since I think they did damn good considering all the injuries to the OL this year......But Ben must not take the beatings and yes some of this is on him during the season......But continue to add talents to the OL like Maurkice and Ben would have to be Houdini all the time....lol Give him a consistent clean pocket.....

HUNT4SEVEN
02-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Legursky sucks, Ben cost us the game also, and the game plan was wack,if the FO has any sense they will let BA walk his contract is up anyways...

steelerschick1220
02-07-2011, 01:32 AM
I doubt it. ben freakin adores him and seems to think he's an offensive guru or something. I think that motorcycle crash messed with him more then we know.

Phenomenal TJ
02-07-2011, 01:33 AM
I highly doubt he'll be fired, but that's just me.

What did you expect from Legursky? He fared way better than I thought he would, but it's not like he was the one overthrowing receivers, or getting burned deep.

Realistically, the game shouldn't have been this close. If you keep the Steelers turnovers and take away the Packers drops, they've got 14 more points on the board. Truth be told, the defense didn't play like they generally do.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Arians won't be fired, or atleast IMO he won't be. The Steeler offense did a lot of great things this year. We had our share of bonehead plays there is no doubt, and Arians will drive you nuts but he also put together some very good games.

Steelerdrive
02-07-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm a :tampa:and I have no clue what I'm talking about except for being :lloyd:

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 01:41 AM
PS. Did anyone else feel that the bubble screen came out in full effect tonight? I saw more of that than I saw run plays..

Silverback
02-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Hahaha this guy. Anyway no way Arian's isn't resigned, to be honest I wasn't totally against his play calls tonight, we just didn't show up. That 2 point call was great.

kgreen
02-07-2011, 02:41 AM
I will give Arians credit for one thing and one thing only: that was a hell of a call on the two-point conversion.

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
PS. Did anyone else feel that the bubble screen came out in full effect tonight? I saw more of that than I saw run plays..

i thought for sure the steelers would make mendenhall look like forte did in chicago...

lots of short passes.. forte tore them up, he was a one man show..

we didnt show anything. maybe were saving it for next year so the other teams dont know what we can really do?

Who cares if Ben golfs with BA... They both played like **** ... Fire BA.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I think the Steelers need to draft some guys in the secondary and offensive line. Our line didn't play all that bad yesterday, but it needs to be addressed. I think the Steelers will be hungry to get back here next year. Of course if there is a next year. Arians has got to go. Some of our guys are in the twilight of the careers and we must find replacements.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 11:57 AM
There were a ton of great things in this game! If you didn't see them, you are a negative Nancy or you drank too much beer.

1) Antonio Brown. This kid played hard. I would have figured that he would have been nervous, but he did no less than kick total *** on kick and punt returns. I think this kid is going to be a huge asset for this team.
2) Mike Wallace. Lost in most of the crap that was this game, Wallace looked pretty good. The guy's got solid hands and great speed; it wasn't his fault that the passing game was off all night. He used to survive on just burning corners, but now he is running routes like a seasoned professional. I would have loved to see him get a ring this year, but I have a good feeling that he will be the reason why this team has chances to get more rings in the future.
3) Flozell Adams. Adams was abused so much by Clay Matthews last year that he probably could have filed rape charges. What did he do in this match up? He completely held his own. He could have played better, but he also could have played, much, much worse. I wanted him to get his ring, but the cards didn't fall that way. I can say that I am looking forward to seeing him at RT again next season because I hold him in much higher regard than Willie Colon.
4) Doug Legursky. This kid deserves to keep a roster spot. His first career start comes in the biggest game possible replacing a studly rookie center. He lost a couple battles, but he did much better than I figured he could have. Everyone said B.J. Raji was going to win every battle, but this team ran on Green Bay. Legursky isn't a starting center, but with his ability to play as a backup at a higher level than guys like Mahan or Hartwig and his versatility to play guard and fullback, I think he is a total asset.
5) Rashard Mendenhall. Yeah, he fumbled and I was pissed, but look at this guy. If the Steelers won this game yesterday, chances are that it was his doing. He pretty much won the Jets game himself as well. I am very confident that Mendenhall will be a great running back for this team for years to come. He ran on tough defenses this year and maybe that experience will give him the confidence he needs to get to a higher level next year.
6) Isaac Redman. For the opportunities this kid gets, he does not disappoint. He sees the field well and runs hard. He will have some competition this off season from Moore, Dwyer, and potentially another candidate, but I think his past success and his new experience will keep him on the team.
7) Shaun Suisham and Jeremy Kapinos. Okay, Suisham missed a 52-yard field goal, but I blame that on coaching. He had been a little flighty on his PATs and the coaching staff should have realized that giving Green Bay the ball at midfield was stupid (Tomlin makes me pull my hair out on decisions like this), but the guy had some nice kickoffs. Kapinos played a career game and led this team to a win in the battle of field position. I can honestly say that I want to see both of these guys back in Pittsburgh next year.
8) The Steelers made the Super Bowl. Hindsight being 20/20, yeah, I would have rather seen this team get dumped by the Ravens in order to get a better draft pick and to avoid an entire off season of hearing how perfect the Packers are, but the fact is, this team was better than 30 other teams in the league. They just didn't play a complete game and the team that did walked away victorious. This should be a really good learning experience for the team, especially the young guys, and maybe they will play next year with a violent fervor that makes them unstoppable.

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 12:07 PM
We played... 126 yards to 50 rushing.... 33 minutes to 26 ish in possesion time....

but way to much passing.... mendy had 63 and ben had 31 yards rushing....

mendy 14 atts ben 40 pass atts .. against a team with a great pass D and a shaky run D...

GB attacked our weakness... we didnt... end of game. end of season... hopefully end of BA.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Now i can get a hold of that bitch Goodell and take him behind the bleachers and kick the **** out of him for just looking stupid and annoying me.

He wants his pay to down to a dollar? ****, i never gave that little kid that much for his allowance. I want to slap the back of his head and make him look stupid. Then maybe i'll fire his pathetic *** for just dressing stupid.

I'm going to :greenbounce2: all over your *** Goodell and Steeler Nation is going to :lol: and :banana: while i do this :banging: to you and make your face look pretty. You better :crossfingers: i don't ever stop. Love Scorp. :yellowthumb:

NHStlrfan
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Arians won't be fired, or atleast IMO he won't be. The Steeler offense did a lot of great things this year. We had our share of bonehead plays there is no doubt, and Arians will drive you nuts but he also put together some very good games.

Please advise as to what games these were. Granted there were instances of the offense being effective however not for more than a drive or two scattered throughout much of the season.

Here's a list of his talents. Please let us all know which were not evident this season.

Lack of effective or even intelligent use of Play Action.
Lack of use of any backs in the screen game.
Lack of use of the slant pass at the mid level.
Addiction to the big play only approach.
Play calling based on scheme not on talent at hand both Steelers O and Opponent D.
Complete lack of understanding of the blocking back in the running game.
Innability to adjust in game.

SteelCityKid5
02-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Your OC is not the problem, your scumbag overrated rapist QB is.

Hmmm. Thats a stretch.

andyg1984
02-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I think this could have been BA's last game .. rmbr how close we were last year based on all the rumors ..

the WR screen was over-utilized to say the least last night .. BA was probably calling them in his sleep

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 03:47 PM
There were a ton of great things in this game! If you didn't see them, you are a negative Nancy or you drank too much beer.

I'm not gonna quote the entire thing because it was long and I don't like to take up too much space and make people scroll. BUT yes, of course there were individuals who played well, most of which were players that nobody expected. HOWEVER as a team, it was an absolutely terrible game all around. That's not really my opinion, it's pretty much facts.

PS. Suisham had nice kickoffs because he was kicking a dome. I wouldn't expect the same once he gets back to Heinz Field.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm not gonna quote the entire thing because it was long and I don't like to take up too much space and make people scroll. BUT yes, of course there were individuals who played well, most of which were players that nobody expected. HOWEVER as a team, it was an absolutely terrible game all around. That's not really my opinion, it's pretty much facts.

PS. Suisham had nice kickoffs because he was kicking a dome. I wouldn't expect the same once he gets back to Heinz Field.

True, but at least he did get them into the endzone. Reed couldn't do that no matter what. Yeah, the team had a poor performance, but you have to take the good with the bad, otherwise the game is a complete waste of time.

dreeves321
02-07-2011, 04:53 PM
it was a little suspect for me, kinda predictable. I also think that we should have went to the no back spread formation earlier like i thought we were going to. we didnt excecute like we should have but i didnt understand the playcalling at times.

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
skipped record dude, there are already 4,365 thread topics out here about this same thing...

WindyCityShaker
02-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I realize. The fact that Ben is in love with him will probably play a huge factor in him staying in Pittsburgh. But, Ben isn't the one that makes the decisions, that's Tomlin. Unfortunately, Tomlin also doesn't have much of a spine.

Perhaps I misheard the exact question during Ben's post gave presser but I remembered hearing something to this effect...

Press: "With the success you had at times running the ball why didn't you try to take advantage of that?"

Ben: "You'll have to ask Coach Arians that"

On the question I know it's not an exact quote but definitely sounded something to that effect and all I can remember when Ben gave his answer I thought "OH SNAP" because it kind of seemed at the time like Ben was thinking the same thing.

Anyone know more precisely what the question and answer actually was?

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Perhaps I misheard the exact question during Ben's post gave presser but I remembered hearing something to this effect...

Press: "With the success you had at times running the ball why didn't you try to take advantage of that?"

On the question I know it's not an exact quote but definitely sounded something to that effect and all I can remember when Ben gave his answer I thought "OH SNAP" because it kind of seemed at the time like Ben was thinking the same thing.

This is the post superbowl presser? I'll have to watch that and let you know..

bensshoes
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM

theywere in my opinion running rather well untill the fumble!

andyg1984
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM
kudos man, i turned it off right after the last snap and have not watched ESPN or NFL network all day for the first time since .. i have no clue .. i can't face it yet

WindyCityShaker
02-07-2011, 07:26 PM
This is the post superbowl presser? I'll have to watch that and let you know..

Yes was in the presser, I just really thought it was odd the way he said it. Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion but definitely caught my attention.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/02/ben-roethlisberger-super-bowl-xlv-post-game-press-conference/

(On why the Steelers didn't run more based on their success) "That's probably a question for Coach Arians, sorry."

:thinking: Sounds definitely like he's kinda putting the bad play calling on him. Could be wrong, just from reading that though it looks like he was subconciously throwing him under the bus.

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Playing and calling a game when losing by 2 or more scores put a real damper on play calling. It takes you from a chess match of calling X to set up Y to a situation of calling plays to keep the Steelers in the game. The run was there all day, but the Steelers were down 2 scores almost instantly.

Unless there is an offensive genuis out there who is available, Arians stays.

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 10:09 PM
I say we follow the lead of the Eagles. They made their O line coach the D coordinator so lets give BA's job to John Mitchell

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 10:22 PM
I'd like to get rid of this guy. Seriously. That would be my first move.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Had the Steelers played their A game and not turned the ball over so many times and beaten themselves in this game they definitely would have won. Despite 3 turnovers to 0 for the Packers the Steelers still had numerous chances to take the lead in this game and take control of the game in the 4th quarter. You gotta give the Packers credit when they got the ball back when it was 28-25 and Rodgers making the big throw to Jennings on 3rd and 10 for 37 yards. Rodgers was as cool and composed as you want your QB to be and he was absolute money when he had to be in this game at the most critical times. I thought the Steelers final drive there especially after the completion to Heath Miller and Hines near the 35 yard line was a complete and total disaster. Ben if you watch the tape again on both 3rd and 4th down had both Moore and Miller wide open in the flat and over the middle for check downs that would have easily picked up 5-10 yards and moved the chains and got the ball near midfield where who knows what could have happened.

The Steelers simply panicked big time on their final drive and had Ben settled down and stayed composed I really believed the Steelers would have had a chance to win this game like they did against the Cardinals 2 years ago. Even though none of us will fully admit this but some of You just had to know and feel in your heart and head that the way Ben had played the entire game despite how tough he is and how good he has been in his career on game winning drives that he just was not going to have the magic this time like he has had so many times in the past to win the game and the Super Bowl...

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
**** Arians. And him calling passes from the end zone. Why were they passing when Mendenhall was effective????? There was no reason to call a pass play from the 7 yard line.

Arains may be back, but I hate him more then ever.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Despite of his play calling we just finished our season in the SB...Arians ain't going anywhere. I don't like it, but that's the way it will be. Ben had a terrible game ,his throws were off most of the night, definitely not the Ben we know and love, but ya gotta take the good and the bad.

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Despite of his play calling we just finished our season in the SB...Arians ain't going anywhere. I don't like it, but that's the way it will be. Ben had a terrible game ,his throws were off most of the night, definitely not the Ben we know and love, but ya gotta take the good and the bad.

True dat. We'll be back. Because that's what we do. Let the haters celebrate........... for now.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 11:35 PM
True dat. We'll be back. Because that's what we do. Let the haters celebrate........... for now.

The Ratbirds fans if you go to their message boards are acting like they won the Super Bowl that's how happy they are that the Steelers lost this game. It's quite pathetic if you ask me. The Ravens fans can laugh and celebrate all they want now but the bottom line is the Steelers still own their asses and as long as Flacco and Harbaugh are running that ship they will never find a way to get by the Steelers in this division I truly believe that...Both of those guys are losers and will never win ****. My message to the Turds fans is Enjoy the Steelers misery now Ratbirds fans because nothing is going to change next year. The Steelers will still beat you and you will be in 2nd place once again in this division, and if you do make it to the playoffs you will be on the road and get bounced early like you always do...

franchise3
02-07-2011, 11:39 PM
The Ratbirds fans if you go to their message boards are acting like they won the Super Bowl that's how happy they are that the Steelers lost this game. It's quite pathetic if you ask me. The Ravens fans can laugh and celebrate all they want now but the bottom line is the Steelers still own their asses and as long as Flacco and Harbaugh are running that ship they will never find a way to get by the Steelers in this division I truly believe that...Both of those guys are losers and will never win ****. My message to the Turds fans is Enjoy the Steelers misery now Ratbirds fans because nothing is going to change next year. The Steelers will still beat you and you will be in 2nd place once again in this division, and if you do make it to the playoffs you will be on the road and get bounced early like you always do...

Pathetic indeed. I saw them on Packers forums celebrating it. It makes me laugh even on this sad day it is so pathetic.

Goodfrom55
02-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Amazing - getting your rocks off by bandwagoning another team because your own team sucks. That's the "Gavens" for you.

coldrolled
02-08-2011, 11:20 AM
if it were the Browns, Bengals, or Ravens in the SB i would be celebrating their victory. An AFCN win makes all the AFCN teams look that much better. But thats just me..

--- Added 2/8/2011 at 09:20 AM ---

Is Arians on his way out?

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 08:45 AM Written by Bob Smizik

It's possible the fervent wish of many Steelers fans is closer to realization than they believe. Bruce Arians job as Steelers offensive coordinator could be in jeopardy

The two writers who cover the Steelers for the Post-Gazette and who know a lot about what’s going on with the team have suggested as much.

After discussing the unlikely possibility of defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau leaving, Gerry Dulac wrote today:

``But, the situation with Arians, the offensive coordinator since '07, is a bit more tenuous.

``Despite running an offense that became more balanced with the production of Rashard Mendenhall and saw the quick development of young receivers Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, it is possible Arians won't be with the team next season -- a move that will dramatically affect quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

``Roethlisberger has been given almost total command of the offense under Arians and has developed a close personal relationship with him and his family.''

Little more than two weeks ago, hours before the AFC title game on Jan. 23, Ed Bouchette wrote:

``--- If they lose, this could be Bruce Arians’ last as the Steelers offensive coordinator.’’

It’s entirely possible coach Mike Tomlin is unhappy with Arians. It might be he’s satisfied with Arians' work but believes he can hire someone who he feels can do a better job.

At any rate, stay tuned. Where there’s smoke, there could be fire.

Blazedby92
02-08-2011, 11:28 AM
The Arians thing I've been thinking you can't let him go if it's going to make your big money man mad (Ben), unless they can bring in a OC that let's him have free reign but to an extent other wise let him play his game but still encourages him to get rid of the ball and do his check downs.

steelchamp204
02-08-2011, 11:49 AM
It would be nice to stop seeing six wide receiver screens a game, and stop wasting. Very good catch and run tighyt end in heath. Aia think heathy only had one freakin reception. And we need mnore salant plays with our fast guys. Abaut abaen did cost ius this one

LatrobePA
02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
We need a true FB and a power running game...Play action, play action, roll Ben out..

Rampage
02-08-2011, 12:00 PM
We need a true FB and a power running game...Play action, play action, roll Ben out..

Frank "The Tank" Summers.

:lol:

LatrobePA
02-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Frank "The Tank" Summers.

:lol:

You will be stoned for that comment son! lol

coldrolled
02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
We have to pass pass pass..... read what GB came up with for a plan.....

Green Bay Packers Mike McCarthy, Aaron Rodgers agreed on aggressive air game before the Super Bowl

By Kareem Copeland • kcopeland@greenbaypressgazette.com • February 7, 2011

The first clue came about two hours before kickoff when the inactive list was released for Super Bowl XLV. Packers fullback Quinn Johnson was not on the active 45-man roster for the final game of the 2010 season.

Apparently, bruising blocking backs would not be needed Sunday afternoon. The Packers tied an NFL record held by the Rams with the fewest rush attempts (13) by the winning team.

Coach Mike McCarthy wanted to be aggressive through the air with Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers.

“The play-caller and the quarterback are on the same page,” McCarthy said Monday. “Just the conversation we had in the locker room before the game. It was simply, ‘Let me be aggressive as the play-caller; you have to be the disciplined one and keep us in favorable plays and throw it away if you have a bad look.’ And he did a great job with that. I think he has the best set of skills in the league as far as his pinpoint accuracy, his athletic ability, and all of his best football is in front of him

“He let the play-caller be aggressive and he managed the football game.”

The run was an absolute afterthought in the second half. The team had six rushes and two were scrambles by Rodgers. Only four handoffs were called after the break.

Rodgers took over on both second-half scoring drives. He and Jordy Nelson connected for a 38-yard slant on third-and-10, one play after Nelson had a drop. Rodgers found Greg Jennings for an 8-yard touchdown two plays later to go up 28-17.

The quarterback responded again late in the fourth quarter when the Steelers cut the lead to 28-25. Only one run was called as the Packers tried to work the clock down. He completed passes to Nelson, Jennings, James Jones and Tom Crabtree en route to a 23-yard Mason Crosby field goal.

The entire gameplan was to live or die on Rodgers’ performance.

“I felt good about the plan, felt good about the way I practiced, the way I prepared, the way I studied and just knew I was getting a lot of opportunities and expecting to make those plays that were going to be there,” Rodgers said.

DIESELMAN
02-08-2011, 01:27 PM
It would be nice to stop seeing six wide receiver screens a game, and stop wasting. Very good catch and run tighyt end in heath. Aia think heathy only had one freakin reception. And we need mnore salant plays with our fast guys. Abaut abaen did cost ius this one

Sloooooow the **** down with your typing!! :greengrin:

GB came up with a game plan that attacked our weakness, our secondary. They implemented it, understood it and executed it. The Steelers used their same game plan they use almost every game. Get the ground game going, abandon it, call WR screens that are ineffective, get behind on the scoreboard and hope and pray Ben can pull another rabbit out of his ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelDad
02-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I honestly don't understand why we can't have a nice mix of both the pass and run. Hate to bring up the '95 team for obvious reasons this week, but we could smash-mouth with anyone and then be in the 5-wide set with receivers who were IMO nowhere near as good as what we have now. If we decide we're going to go the GB/NO/NE route then we need a coordinator who will do that and if we're going to go back to a power running game/PA Pass then we need a guy versed in that. BA is neither and I think that is a big part of the problem.

UKSTEELER
02-08-2011, 03:50 PM
I wanted him gone after our last superbowl victory, instead we kept him and the offense has underperformed for two seasons!

Only Arians can have a gameplan that leans on deep passing routes, with a QB who's weakness is deep passing!! Genius!!

We had one pass completion to a running back all game! It's either the gameplan or Ben needs to get a refresher course in checking down, which is it?

Arians sucks, he needs to go, I'm sick of him!!:evilshake:

On the 3rd down, before the missed field goal, I said to my Fiance, "We'll pass here, Ben will hold the ball trying to find someone about 15 yards away, will keep holding onto it then get sacked, taking us out of field goal range" . . . .

Low and behold, look what happens!!!! . . . it also happened about 3 or 4 times during the regular season, I knew exactly what was going to happen, and Im thousand of miles away and have been brought up on Soccer and fish and chips!!

LatrobePA
02-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Titans fire OC, could he be a fit:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6101875&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

UKSTEELER
02-08-2011, 05:09 PM
We don't attack people . . . . :duh:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/02/07/arians-didnt-get-off-to-the-start-we-wanted/

coldrolled
02-08-2011, 07:37 PM
They need arians.... see other people fire their OC's.... Even when its the players fault...

Titans Fire OC Mike Heimerdinger
The Tennessee Titans have fired offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger, Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean reports.

Tennessee's offensive coordinator the last three seasons, Heimerdinger interviewed lat week for the team's head coaching position, which went to offensive line coach Mike Munchak.

Despite losing out to Munchak for the head coaching position, and having no inclination as to whether he'd be retained, the veteran coordinator had no plans to leave an organization he continued to coach for, despite undergoing cancer treatments during the 2010 season.

"No, not unless they make me," Heimderdinger said according to John Glennon.

Overall, Heimerdinger spent eight seasons with the Titans, including a five-year stint from 2000-04. The Titans offense ranked 27th in 2010 after ranking 12th the year before.

One possible candidate to replace Heimerdinger is Seattle Seahawks running backs coach Sherman Smith, who coached the team's running backs from 1995-2007 before leaving to become the Washington Redskins offensive coordinator in 2008.

jpele
02-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Despite running an offense that became more balanced with the production of Rashard Mendenhall and saw the quick development of young receivers Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, it is possible Arians won't be with the team next season -- a move that will dramatically affect quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11039/1123799-13.stm#ixzz1DSum3naq

I know we all want BA gone but the big question is "who do we replace him with"?

Who's out there,that's a problem when you go to the big game anyone worth hiring is already gone.

SteelerDave74
02-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Arians definitely needs to be thrown under the bus. I am sick of the guy.

LatrobePA
02-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Packers, Steelers set record for fewest rushing attempts..

I can understand the Packs, but us??? Here's the problem!!

coldrolled
02-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Packers, Steelers set record for fewest rushing attempts..

I can understand the Packs, but us??? Here's the problem!!

Mendy with 14 atts.... Ben seeing open yards in front of him all night starts running, so no play calls for short passes in those open areas to mendy or moore. so ben runs 30+ yards... oh wait, run moore up the middle into raji, thats good...

Great game plan and adjustments to the GB Defense....

oh then Woodson goes down.. Can we count the pass atts at the new replacement probably their 5th string CB backup at this time... Nope....

LatrobePA
02-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Mendy with 14 atts.... Ben seeing open yards in front of him all night starts running, so no play calls for short passes in those open areas to mendy or moore. so ben runs 30+ yards... oh wait, run moore up the middle into raji, thats good...

Great game plan and adjustments to the GB Defense....

oh then Woodson goes down.. Can we count the pass atts at the new replacement probably their 5th string CB backup at this time... Nope....

**** poor...:cursin: