PDA

View Full Version : This game was just one huge blur

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Did anyone else feel that way? From start to finish, this game just felt different. There was just something about it. Honestly, besides the interceptions, I can't really remember any one play from this game. Take superbowl XLIII, for example. There are plays that you just have in your mind and will have in your mind forever. This game, I don't know. I can't really put my finger on it. Something was just off. Something was different.

A Pac
02-07-2011, 12:44 AM
The Steelers came out flat and looked unprepared. It was a complete role reversal. The Packers looked like they had been there before and the Steelers looked like the Super Bowl Rookies. Ben lobbed passes early and it cost them. The Packers had a better game plan and executed it. Kudos to their staff.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
I felt a crazy feeling all week. Like the Packers were going to win but didn't want to believe it cause i bleed black and gold. Everything just seemed crazy. All the talk i heard all week just sucked out all the hope right out of me.

kgreen
02-07-2011, 12:55 AM
This one hurts. Ben played like Neil O'Donnell in this one. He missed SO many throws and I knew those turnovers would hurt us in the end. :cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::c ursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:

I'm goin to hit something REALLY hard right now.........:banging:

JollyRob68
02-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Contracts are up and its Keith Butlers turn and Randy Fetchner time to coordinate. We need CB DB DLINE & OLINE in the draft.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 01:00 AM
When they went 3 and out to start the game with such great field position,and then Johnson had the false start penalty on 2nd and 1 on the 2nd possession at midfield and then throwing on 3rd and 2 to Miller incomplete...The playcalling early in the game was terrible...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 01:01 AM
The Steelers were flat in this game, they came out that way and it took them till late in the 1st half to start playing. Hood and Redman said as much in the post game interviews; they felt the entire team was flat.

It's one thing to hear that in the regular season, but in the playoffs, you better not be flat! Perhaps they carried the attitude of been there, done that, and even tempered mentality alittle too far this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2011, 01:02 AM
I agree with babe....To me Big Ben didn't seem like himself the entire post-season....He just didn't seem like Ben.....I just think the off field crap and the injuries finally took a toll on him.........Hey I want to see Ben respond after losing a Super Bowl....I know this stings him hard......

Scorp
02-07-2011, 01:05 AM
What happened to the guy who wanted to be the leader the Steelers deserved? Goodell better not have had a part in the Steelers losing. Black and gold till i die.

Farrior Fan
02-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Babe- I feel exactly the same way. No memorable drives, a few good stops but zero turnovers. The things I will remember are their pick 6, our missed FG, the Mendy fumble. Kinda glad I don't remember it.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Babe- I feel exactly the same way. No memorable drives, a few good stops but zero turnovers. The things I will remember are their pick 6, our missed FG, the Mendy fumble. Kinda glad I don't remember it.

Ah yes, the missed FG, something else I'll remember. That might have been the worst miss that I've ever seen. Had to have been wide left by atleast 20 yards.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-07-2011, 01:27 AM
I hate to say this but I told my Steeler brother yesterday that I thought we would lose, especially after finding out that Pouncey wad out, and when u spot any team 21 points It's hard to beat them

Farrior Fan
02-07-2011, 01:48 AM
At least we made it a game. We were just one turnover away from winning. We were the better team that just couldn't make any splash plays.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2011, 01:49 AM
At least we made it a game. We were just one turnover away from winning. We were the better team that just couldn't make any splash plays.

well said and really this is the game in a nut shell......

scott0326
02-07-2011, 02:29 AM
This whole game just like stings..

DIESELMAN
02-07-2011, 06:40 AM
After those 2 INT's and being down 21-10 at half, any ordinary team would have given up and been blown out. The Steelers despite their mistakes and sloppy play got back in it and still had a chance to win it at the end. This loss will stick to their tongues until we play football again, we will be back with a vengeance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Big Z
02-07-2011, 07:37 AM
With all the media coverage on Ben this week I think he was mentally distracted and never got his focus back. He was not himself.

Don't know why we tried the 52 yd field goal (gave them good field position), we should have pinned them deep. (Normally Ben would run up to the line and try to get an offsides - worst case is take the 5 yd penatly and punt)

StlersGuy
02-07-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm not going to say much about this game. It still hurts to bad to do so, but I am proud of how they did not give up. Most everyone wrote them off at halftime.

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-07-2011, 07:53 AM
I can't believe Ben missed that TD to Wallace

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 07:55 AM

"It's almost impossible to overthrow Wallace"

Well, :clap: Ben, you did the impossible.

DIESELMAN
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
I don't think Ben over threw it, he threw it to the wrong spot. Wallace had to twist and turn just to find the ball. That sums up the whole passing game.....out of sync.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pimplydan
02-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Yes , this game had no memoriable moments .

Never once said that's my Pittsburgh Steelers , never saw the Polamalu hair flying around on the screen , no big sack , no big nothing .

At half time I was still confident even though they we leading 21 to 10 . It was worse against the Ravens .
What really hurt was the Mendy fumble , we were already in field goal range .

We could have made it 21 ...... 20 or with a TD take the lead 24 .... 21

Then they go score and it's 28.......17 They bursted our balloon right there !!!!!!!!!! .

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 09:31 AM
The Steelers were flat in this game, they came out that way and it took them till late in the 1st half to start playing. Hood and Redman said as much in the post game interviews; they felt the entire team was flat.

It's one thing to hear that in the regular season, but in the playoffs, you better not be flat! Perhaps they carried the attitude of been there, done that, and even tempered mentality alittle too far this year.

I think you're last comment is the most accurate BRC. GB looked hungry and excited to be there while we just seemed to be going through the motions. How this can happen on the biggest stage in the world is beyond me...

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 09:59 AM
The Difference in the game was the turnovers and penalties. Throughout the whole game, I still felt we were going to win. Poor clock management. Just seemed like Ben couldn't get the plays off. Stupid penalties. I felt the Steelers looked flat coming out of the tunnel. The defense played well in the second half, but didn't stop green bay when it counted. I think our offensive line played pretty well. We ran the ball well, but mendenhalls fumble put the icing on the cake.Props to the Packers they deserve to be champions, but I still don't feel like the better team won. This one is going to hurt for a longtime.

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 10:10 AM

You nailed it!

Coaching was hit or miss, the 52 yard FG attempt was stupid, you have a chance to pin them you do it and hope the D makes a play..

North Steel
02-07-2011, 10:11 AM
They built up so much hype about this SB it turnout to be the ****,not just bc we lost.okay maybe bc we lost .LOL.It was a good ride.:tt02::cope::clap:let's hope there's football next year.:crossfingers:

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 10:38 AM
When they went 3 and out to start the game with such great field position,and then Johnson had the false start penalty on 2nd and 1 on the 2nd possession at midfield and then throwing on 3rd and 2 to Miller incomplete...The playcalling early in the game was terrible...

FIRE ARIANS NOW :plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1:

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Ya ive got post Super Bowl depression. I took off work monday and tuesday thinking I would be going to a super bowl parade tomorrow. Think i'll go into work tomorrow. I can't read the newspapers or turn on espn,facebook nothing. This one hurt. But on the bright side, we still have 6 sb's, two in recent years. The Yankees won 27 world series. Nobody remembers how many they lost. Same with the Celtics and Lakers in basketball. So you must be in positions to compete for a title to win a bunch of them. I'm confident this team can address some of its issues and comeback even stronger.

stow creek nj
02-07-2011, 02:28 PM
All week I didn't have a good feeling, I didn't voice it because of jinxing or something. Once a SA always a SA. Revenge is sweet:reddevil:

sew091472
02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Don't know why we tried the 52 yd field goal (gave them good field position), we should have pinned them deep. (Normally Ben would run up to the line and try to get an offsides - worst case is take the 5 yd penatly and punt)

I didn't think going for the field goal at that point made sense considering Suisham barely made his only field goal that he made and almost missed one the extra-point attempts. I would've either gone for it or punted in that situation.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 09:35 PM
We'll get ovet it guys. It doesn't last forever.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 09:44 PM

You know what helps with that? If they go win the Super Bowl next year.

STEELER 4 LIFE
02-07-2011, 10:26 PM
With all the media coverage on Ben this week I think he was mentally distracted and never got his focus back. He was not himself.

That decision was a terrible mistake by tomlin..:evilshake:..the defense was playing somewhat better by that point.I wanted to pin them deep to start their drive.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 10:35 PM
The coaching the entire 2nd half was not very good. You simply cannot afford to burn 2 of your 3 timeouts in the Super Bowl in the 3rd quarter when you are trailing and know you are going to need them late in the game. And when Tomlin did have a chance to use his final timeout with about 2:50 left after a completion to James Jones he simply kept the clock running. Rodgers was going to throw into the end zone there on 3rd down to try and ice the game so it was either going to be 35-25 and game over or incomplete like it was to Nelson and there would have been about 240 left instead of 2:10 or 2:15 which is a big big difference. If there is that much time to set-up a final drive only down 6 with no timeouts and the 2 minute warning maybe the Steelers come out and are more calm and poised and not in complete panic mode like they were after the Fox penalty...

dreeves321
02-07-2011, 10:36 PM
i agree, something was missing and when we went 3 and out that just made it worse. we did look flat on both sides of the ball.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 10:38 PM

Time heels all wounds guys as the old saying goes. This one should hurt and it's suppose to hurt. We wont get up tomorrow morning or even the next couple weeks without still feeling the sting and pain of this loss. But at some point here within the next month or so we gotta let it go and put it to bed because no matter how much you analyze this game and talk about what could of or should have happened you cant get it back and you cant change it...

STEELER 4 LIFE
02-07-2011, 10:38 PM

Theres a couple of plays that just keep playing in my head...ugggghhh...missed chances

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Theres a couple of plays that just keep playing in my head...ugggghhh...missed chances

Ben had Wallace wide open there in the corner of the end zone. He had his man beat and if he puts that ball on the money there is no doubt that is 6 points and the Steelers take the lead 24-21. Instead the Steelers got 3 plays of nothing there that ended in a sack and a complete shank by Suisham there that resulted in no points. The Steelers had all the mometum I believe in this game midway through the 3rd quarter and going into the 4th quarter. You could see the Packers sideline was getting more nervous and the Steelers definitely had them on the ropes. The Steelers simply let the Packers off the hook big time especially after Mendy fumbled the first play of the 4th quarter. That was absolutely devistating and even though the Steelers still came back after that I truly believe if they get that TD there and take the lead 24-21 with about 12 mins or so left in the 4th quarter they would have found a way to win this game. But it just didnt work out that way...

STEELER 4 LIFE
02-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Yes , this game had no memoriable moments .

Never once said that's my Pittsburgh Steelers , never saw the Polamalu hair flying around on the screen , no big sack , no big nothing .

At half time I was still confident even though they we leading 21 to 10 . It was worse against the Ravens .
What really hurt was the Mendy fumble , we were already in field goal range .

We could have made it 21 ...... 20 or with a TD take the lead 24 .... 21

Then they go score and it's 28.......17 They bursted our balloon right there !!!!!!!!!! .

Yeah the mendy fumble couldnt have come at a worst time, we clearly had turned the tide of the game..I cant help but feel so bad for him, he really is a big reason we were even in the super bowl.

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
As Much as Ben stunk, if Mendy doesn't fumble, we take the lead in that game. So all things considered, I"m proud of the way they came back and made a game of it.

Scorp
02-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Does any Addict need their wounds licked?

StlersGuy
02-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Does any Addict need their wounds licked?

:hide: scorp is on the lose...

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

parker39
02-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I agree with babe....To me Big Ben didn't seem like himself the entire post-season....He just didn't seem like Ben.....I just think the off field crap and the injuries finally took a toll on him.........Hey I want to see Ben respond after losing a Super Bowl....I know this stings him hard......

I say put bryon leftwich in there,,, let troy go....The steeler faith is gone,,, what do we have to lose right ...