PDA

View Full Version : Still proud of my Steelers!

mwittman5
02-06-2011, 10:34 PM
ya it sux that we lost but there is still only one team with 6 superbowl wins and we are pretty spoiled. This team went through a lot this year and despite the way it ended I am proud of this team, fought through adversity the whole year.
:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
You're damn right man...we aren't going away and we aren't just fade off into the sunset. The Steelers are our team and we will never stop supporting them.

This one sucks hard core but the future of this team is bright on many levels.

Callax
02-06-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm also not happy about the result, but they have been and always will be my team.

Lunchbucket
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I am very proud of our team for all the adversity they came through this season.I am grateful to be part of steeler addicts too. God bless all .

jd1000
02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Damn straight....although Howie Long's comments about the pack being a budding "young dynasty" about made me puke. Green Bay was the better team...today. The Aaron Rodgers worship will begin....but it will end as quickly as it began.

JD from Utah

Black@Gold Forever32
02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Damn right......It stings but we have enjoyed some great times these last 6 seasons.....Three Super Bowl trips and two wins.......Hey I'm proud of the team to......

SnakeEyes43
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Yep, been with the black and gold since I was born and it sure as hell won't stop now. Hey we lost, but we lost in the Super Bowl! Some teams aren't blessed enough to even get there, and we have won two of the last five.

I bleed and gold, and I always will.

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
We got the Steelers. Everyone else has only has their quarterback as the headliner. So now all you is gonna here about is brady, manning(s) and now rodgers. bye bye breese and anyone else besides those annointed ones. Take BA with you.

steelerschick1220
02-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm proud of them cause they overcame a lot this year. but this loss sucks like none other. I want it to be september already......i miss them playing......

airbrake 1
02-06-2011, 11:08 PM
It was a great season, because it came up one short .I'm not going to make myself sick over it we still have 6 lombardi trophies to ease our pain...it would be tougher if we wouldn't have won a few recently...but for me the losses to new england in the AFC championship games stings worse...we are going to be a contender for years to come, bank on it...There were people on the radio blaming bruce arians for this loss, granted i'm not a big bruce fan but come on, he certainly didn't cost us this game

sanscritt
02-06-2011, 11:13 PM
I agree, it sux, but we are Steeler Nation and will continue. Been a Steeler fan my whole life, seen all the superbowls, this is not the worst.

What really sux is the fact there isn't any football for sooo long now (hopefully not longer due to contract issues). sucks to end the season this way, but we are truly blessed, alot of teams haven't even been to the big game and we have 6 Lombardi's. Keep that in focus as we look back on this one and have to deal with all the crap from the haters and bandwagon jumpers that will be coming our way.

Phenomenal TJ
02-06-2011, 11:13 PM
They did what 30 other teams couldn't do. No reason not to be proud of them.

steelersbabex25
02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
You simply can not win them all. You can't expect the Steelers to go undefeated every season and win the Superbowl 1000 times. They got there, something that 30 other teams can not say that they've done.

My boys are my boys. It'll never change. Bandwagoners can go ahead and hop off the back of the truck now.

SteelerCountry58
02-06-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm extremely proud of these guys. What a season. Everything that
this club overcame this year and to still have a chance to win this one under
two minutes left,hey man what the hell can you say....:clap:
Thanks for the run boys! We'll be back and we still have 6!:nahnah::lol:

Scorp
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Great sportsmanship by the greatest fans in all of sports. I'll still bleed black and gold win or lose. Sports wise, my heart will always belong to Pittsburgh.

dreeves321
02-06-2011, 11:44 PM
me too, i love them and always have and always will, i try to make at least one game a year, seeing as how i live in alabama, steelers nation is every where and i love it!!! Go Steelers!!!:tt02:

SteelerDave74
02-06-2011, 11:48 PM
It was a heck of a ride. I can't complain how the season ended. I am very very proud of the players, the staff, the coaches, and the front office. We was terribly spoiled this season and overcoming a lot of adversaries. I am so proud to be a Black n Gold Bleeder and always will be. STEELERS WILL BE BACK!!! GO STEELERS!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-06-2011, 11:53 PM
It was a heck of a ride. I can't complain how the season ended. I am very very proud of the players, the staff, the coaches, and the front office. We was terribly spoiled this season and overcoming a lot of adversaries. I am so proud to be a Black n Gold Bleeder and always will be. STEELERS WILL BE BACK!!! GO STEELERS!!!!

This.........:yellowthumb: I'm still going to fly my Steelers flag proudly.......

Phenomenal TJ
02-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Anyone else feel like crap seeing the players apologize to us?

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Anyone else feel like crap seeing the players apologize to us?

:yesnod: LaMarr Woodley: "Hurts bad to not b able 2 bring back that trophy 4 yall.. all i can say is that we truly gave it our all out there but i gotta tip my cap 2 GB.. thx 2 each n every 1 of u 4 all the love n support u show me on here.. steeler nation is the best and rest assured we WILL b back nxt yr to get that 7th trophy"

Everything (most of them) do, they do it for the fans. They want to get Steeler Nation the Lombardi probably just as much as they want to get themselves that ring.

DanRooney
02-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Proud? You've got to be kidding.

Who looked like the team who's never been to a Super Bowl before? That start was absolutely wretched. 3 and out. Giving up a TD soon-after. Then a pick 6. Absolutely unacceptable.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I responded to Woodley on facebook and told him hey you win some and lose some....or something of that nature.....really can't remember what I typed now....head is just still spinning and I'm still stunned the Steelers lost.......I'm proud of this team regardless and I'm not calling for any coaches head or screaming this guy has to go which is an accomplishment for me.....Trying to remain positive and put things in the proper perspective......I also won't bag on any fan for letting frustration out......

We have a great team and a great fan base....Its been a fun and wild ride....I just hope a CBA is extended and lock out is avoided so I can enjoy another season with all of you again.....

DIESELMAN
02-07-2011, 04:54 AM
Win or lose, I will always say it loud and proud. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheExiled
02-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Thanks for a terrific season. Steeler Nation is proud of the of the season our team gave us this year. You fell one big play short of the trophy this year & you played your heart out for us on every play. Congratulations on a championship season!! Go Steelers!! Congrats to the Packers & their fans!! A great team with a great team base. :tt02:

StlersGuy
02-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Yes I'm pissed that we lost however no matter what I bleed black and gold and always will.

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Proud? You've got to be kidding.

Who looked like the team who's never been to a Super Bowl before? That start was absolutely wretched. 3 and out. Giving up a TD soon-after. Then a pick 6. Absolutely unacceptable.

Not proud of the game by any means, more proud of the circumstances. Injury prone all year, your $100 mil quarterback out for a quarter of the season, losing your most important defensive players in the first few games of the season. I'm proud that they didn't just roll over and die, no matter how much they were down. They will always try to stage a come back, they never give up. That's what I'm proud of.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I agree. As upset as I am that we lost, the only thing I can ask for is a competitive team that is contending and in the playoffs every year. This team had alot of injuries and adversity during the season. It was a great run.

JensK
02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
No reason not to be proud... They lost to a really really good team in Packers who, the way the play-offs emerged, was the rightful winner of SB. They just had that same poise Steelers had in 05 and 08.

ejsteeler
02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Ditto!!! For a team that wasn't even supposed to make the play offs, they did good. Still love my Steelers!!!:cope:

Scorp
02-07-2011, 11:45 AM
NO OTHER FRANCHISE MATTERS BUT THE STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B LACK AND GOLD TILL THIS BAD GUY DIES.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 11:49 AM
If you aren't proud of what this team accomplished this season, you are taking a game too seriously.

This team got to the Super Bowl despite a huge suspension, flag happy officials, and injuries. Go back to September: Did you think the Steelers could make it to the Super Bowl? Many of us figured this team would be lucky to go 9-7 and look where they ended up. Sure, they lost in the Super Bowl, but at least they kept the Ravens and the Jets from making it.

acero
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Yep, been with the black and gold since I was born and it sure as hell won't stop now. Hey we lost, but we lost in the Super Bowl! Some teams aren't blessed enough to even get there, and we have won two of the last five.

I bleed and gold, and I always will.

same here ive been a steeler fan since 1977 agonized through the 80s and part of the 90s im still proud of this team.

im not devastated i know we will get back !!!

Rampage
02-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Hey, we could be Bills fans. It could be worse!

LarryNJ
02-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm extremely proud of the players, the coaches the entire organization. I'll continue to wear my black and gold with a big smile and sense of pride. Did they blow a huge opportunity? Absolutely! Will they be back? I'm confident they will.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Hey, we could be Bills fans. It could be worse!

That's a bright side if I ever heard it. 3 super bowl appearances since 2005 and we won 2 of them. This loss blows but we can be proud that we have a team that has a chance every year.

pimplydan
02-08-2011, 11:46 AM
It was a very exciting run for all the marbles at least we made it to the big dance .Gee is it ever exciting when the steelers make it to the superbowl , at least we came on top in the AFC .
I know the steelers will be back and probably sooner than later .

I just came on to SA late this season , you guys are very interesting and enjoyable , thank for making my superbowls dreams become more exciting .

Was on the steelers.com message board in 2006 when the steelers won it for Bettis .That year this guy came on the board and made just one post and was never to be seen later .His name was pimplydan .his post was something like
........the steelers most whines all the games they can no lose no more........the funny thing about it was that's what happened and he became immortal . I came here as pimplydan to bring a good omen this year . Too bad it didn't work .

xBlitzBurghx
02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Lets get ready for next season!

steelersgal86
02-08-2011, 12:01 PM
That's a bright side if I ever heard it. 3 super bowl appearances since 2005 and we won 2 of them. This loss blows but we can be proud that we have a team that has a chance every year.

:ditto:

Scorp
02-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Look past the Super Bowl loss; nobody ever believed the team would advance as far as it did

Tuesday, February 08, 2011
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

ARLINGTON, Texas -- As the NFL season progressed and big offensive tackle Flozell Adams continued to show up for the Steelers despite a new and different part of his 35-year-old body aching every week, his teammates made it their goal to win Super Bowl XLV for him and get him the championship that had eluded him for 12 long years as a pro.

When they came up a little short in the 31-25 loss to the Green Bay Packers Sunday night, the devastation in their locker room was evident in every corner. "It was pretty bad," wide receiver Hines Ward said.

But it was Adams who found the strength to set aside the pain from a loss that cost these Steelers a chance to take on dynastic proportions with a third Super Bowl title in six years, not to mention a bum right shoulder that was badly damaged early in the game. He put things in just the right perspective.

"Even though we lost, it was still a great season."

A fabulous season, actually.

I hope you can see that through your tears.

I know it will take a lot of shocked Steelers fans a long time to get over the Green Bay loss, a lot longer than the players. When the team plane from Dallas landed Monday at Pittsburgh International Airport, the players climbed in their big, expensive cars, went home to their plush houses and resumed their nice lives. Heck, by the end of the week, many will be on a beach in Costa Rica or Maui or some such wonderful locale.

But a lot of the fans?

They long will curse the two interceptions thrown by quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, the first returned 37 yards for a touchdown by Green Bay safety Nick Collins. I know what some already are saying: That the Steelers would have won if Roethlisberger hadn't gone to that Fort Worth piano bar with his teammates Tuesday night. Honest to goodness, I have a hard time understanding how some people think.

A lot of fans long will moan about a killer fumble by running back Rashard Mendenhall at the Packers 33 on the first play of the fourth quarter when it appeared the Steelers were headed for a go-ahead touchdown. Or they will complain about the defense being unable to prevent Super Bowl MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers from throwing for 304 yards and three touchdowns and having a superb 111.5 passer rating.

I've got just three words for those people: Get over it.

And, while I'm at it, three more words: Get a life.

OK, that might be a little harsh. But, please, take a deep breath and answer these next few questions honestly.

What were you thinking March 5 when Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault in Milledgeville, Ga.? I remember saying, "Bye-bye, season."

What were you thinking after Super Bowl XVIII MVP Santonio Holmes was given away in a trade to the New York Jets in April and offensive tackle Willie Colon was lost for the season with an Achilles injury in June? I remember predicting a 7-9 record.

What were you thinking when stud defensive end Aaron Smith went down with a torn triceps muscle in October? I remember writing the team would have an almost impossible time winning without the man who's every bit as important to its defense as safety Troy Polamalu.

And the Steelers made it to the Super Bowl?

I repeat: It has been a fabulous season.

There will be plenty of time to analyze what the Steelers need to do before next season, if there is a next season, what with the ugly labor situation between the owners and players. They must address their weak secondary, especially the cornerback position. They also must get better on the offensive line even though Adams and his pals gave everything they had every day of the season.

But, for now, I prefer to take a look back and remember the joy the Steelers brought us the past six months.

The many unforgettable moments ...

Mendenhall's 50-yard touchdown run in overtime to beat Atlanta. Rookie Antonio Brown's 89-yard kickoff return against Tennessee. Fourth-string quarterback Charlie Batch's three first-half touchdown passes and defensive end Brett Keisel's 79-yard interception return for a touchdown against Tampa Bay. Polamalu's game-saving interception in Buffalo. Polamalu's sack of Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco and forced fumble. Polamalu's 45-yard interception return for a touchdown against Cincinnati. Roethlisberger's 56-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Mike Wallace on the Steelers' first play in Cleveland. The late 58-yard pass from Roethlisberger to Brown against Baltimore in the playoffs. Cornerback Ike Taylor's sack of New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez and forced fumble, which was recovered and returned for a 19-yard touchdown by cornerback William Gay in the AFC championship game.

And how about remembering the Steelers' characters, who made Super Bowl week fun right up until the game ...

There was Keisel talking about his extraordinary beard. "It has magical powers." There was safety Ryan Clark talking about playing with Polamalu. "It's like having a front row seat to the circus every week." And there was nose tackle Casey Hampton talking about his ridiculous girth. "I've never been ashamed of my size. I'm a big dude. But I'm a smooth big guy. I'm not like a big fat guy. I got some swag to myself."

You should have seen Hampton's enormous belly jiggle.

The big man knows the truth.

Laughing is good.

Laughing beats crying.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11039/1123796-87.stm#ixzz1DVzRstto

steeldoc
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Great work, well written.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I believed i said they would go 12-4 lol, i really hope if it's a season next year that they play with a chip on there shoulder all year...

SteelersWoman
02-10-2011, 04:43 AM
I was disappointed, shocked, and saddened that we lost for all of about...2 minutes--literally.

While most people would think I was crazy, after it sank in? I was actually feeling kinda happy for the Pack fans--in fact, I even smiled at their victory and watched them all touch the Lombardi and hoist it in the air because I know JUST how AWEsome that feels, after all--I've felt it twice since 05.

So while it would've been nice to win, EVeryone wants to feel that sometimes. And their team EARNED it. So enjoy your glow Green Bay, it'll be an unforgetable memory--we Steeler fans understand :) And I'll even remember that it was a year we made it when we didn't think we had a snowball's chance in you know where :D

steeldoc
02-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Ditto here...56 thousand fans paid money to sit in the bleachers for essentially a pep rally over the victory in 15 below wind chill conditions. Here in Baltimore 5 people would show up as the state would be in a state of emergency. Good for the Packers and their fans. And Ravens fans, one more thought....does your boy Flacco have the moxie to make the throws Rodgers did on Sunday night in that pressure packed situation? no way. :evilshake::evilshake::evilshake::evilshake:

Clevelandsux
02-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Actually they exceded my expectations this year. I thought 10-6 and a playoff berth. But nothing stings more than a loss in the Super Bowl. Ya it sucks, but I will always love my Steelers. I think we upgrade on somethings and as long as we have Big Ben, we'll be competing for more titles very shortly.

--- Added 2/10/2011 at 04:18 PM ---

I was disappointed, shocked, and saddened that we lost for all of about...2 minutes--literally.

While most people would think I was crazy, after it sank in? I was actually feeling kinda happy for the Pack fans--in fact, I even smiled at their victory and watched them all touch the Lombardi and hoist it in the air because I know JUST how AWEsome that feels, after all--I've felt it twice since 05.

So while it would've been nice to win, EVeryone wants to feel that sometimes. And their team EARNED it. So enjoy your glow Green Bay, it'll be an unforgetable memory--we Steeler fans understand :) And I'll even remember that it was a year we made it when we didn't think we had a snowball's chance in you know where :D

I'll never pay homage to the Packers. They won, but I'm a Steelers fan!

coach
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
It is sobering to lose when you feel like your team is going to do it because they always do. They always come up with a play like the immaculate reception or the catch on offense; Or, the d rises to the occasion and gets a late interception or A strip sack.

But, when you can say that the team overcame all the things they overcame this year and still made it, and then you realize that even though they lost, they have 8 SB appearances, including 6 wins, you know you are cheering for a great team. There are 30 other teams that would have loved to be the Steelers this year after Sunday.

Let's draft a top cover corner this year and do it again next year.

BRING ON THE DRAFT.

Scorp
02-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I knew they would go the Super Bowl. I just was not expecting them to go down at the hands of the Packers. I'm cool with it. We still get to brag about having 6 and still being ahead of the Pack. Hopefully we get things done during the offseason.

KSSteelerfan
02-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Still a Steelers fan thru thick and thin...Go Steelers!!!!!:cope::cope::cope:

SteelersWoman
02-11-2011, 02:09 AM

I'll never pay homage to the Packers. They won, but I'm a Steelers fan!

Cleve, I've been a member on here long enough for you and everyone else to know just how much I love our Steelers, so don't EVen try to imply that I'm some kind of traitor for stating truth :club: :lol:

Heck, I don't ever root for another team--even if we need someone to win so we can advance in the playoffs. But stating simple truth doesn't change my allegiance. They weren't the ones who turned it over, and our guys didn't become Indian Givers when they gave it away...so we didn't deserve to win that game, and they did--whether you admit it or not ;)

LarryNJ
02-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Cleve, I've been a member on here long enough for you and everyone else to know just how much I love our Steelers, so don't EVen try to imply that I'm some kind of traitor for stating truth :club: :lol:

Maybe I'm wrong but when I read his post I didn't take it that he was implying that at all. I took it simply as him saying he doesn't care about the Packers.

SteelersWoman
02-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but when I read his post I didn't take it that he was implying that at all. I took it simply as him saying he doesn't care about the Packers.

I took it the way I took it because it wasn't a post of his own, he'd pulled out a particular part of my post to comment to--and it sounded as though if you "pay homage" to another team, then you're not a Steelers fan. But I'm ok with Cleve either way because he wasn't mean about it. My response wasn't done in a mean way either...just wanted there to be no doubt about how I feel about our Steelers :yellowthumb:

Speeed
02-13-2011, 04:21 PM
I am glad for the Packers too, they seemed to be right-respectable fans and their team earned the win that day. However, I am convinced the Steelers would win 9 out of 10 games against the Packers, and would win the next 9 games straight.

Go Steelers!