PDA

View Full Version : Last 2 minute drive for the Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Normally, the Steelers are money with the game on the line. They stay focused, on the same page, and they work together. That last drive they were totally out of sync. Wallace had no idea what the route was on 2 of those plays, or atleast 1. Ben was taking a lot of time trying to communicate and get everyone squared away. That 4th down play the offense was running around and just seem to have no idea what was happening.

LatrobePA
02-06-2011, 11:37 PM
One time out left you take it. That was a mess, Wallace was clueless...

franchise3
02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Well they panicked because to waste two timeouts early on when you are behind is stupid. And then there is your ST captain....

--- Added 2/6/2011 at 09:41 PM ---

I have to believe that it was really really loud in there too...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I really thought they did almost go into panic mode. They weren't composed and calm. They were hurrying trying to save time, which is fine but you have to do what you did all year long and today you couldn't.

steelerschick1220
02-06-2011, 11:58 PM
it was almost like they lost their composure which is wierd cause its not like they haven't been here before. they were just sloppy in many aspects of the game tonight.

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Normally, the Steelers are money with the game on the line. They stay focused, on the same page, and they work together. That last drive they were totally out of sync. Wallace had no idea what the route was on 2 of those plays, or atleast 1. Ben was taking a lot of time trying to communicate and get everyone squared away. That 4th down play the offense was running around and just seem to have no idea what was happening.

He's a second year guy. I really can't blame him too much. He'll be great. And then we'll release him for spitting in public or making a indecent tweet.

We can't always get rid of great players (ex. Burress and Holmes) after going through the time and trouble of bringing them up and nurturing them to be great players, and then simply release them to show how "classy" of an organization we are. Meanwhile other teams have their players suit up the day after they were arrested for a DUI. We are the only team that constantly puts supposed class ahead of making and maintaining a good team.

I still maintain that if Roethlisberger was on the Jets, Giants, Cowboys, etc. he would've never been suspended. The only reason he got suspended was because the classy Rooney's went along with it.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Ben wasn't himself. I had a feeling going into that drive that it wouldn't happen, especially after Fox took that penalty. They just didn't have good mojo.

SteelerCountry58
02-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Bad clock management and confusion no doubt. The penalty took the
wind out of the sails too on that kickoff. #57,don't know who the hell it was
but after that they were out of synch that whole last drive.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah Fox made a stupid mistake. But oh well the game is over and none of that can't be changed now. I guess i sort of new it by how everyone was talking about the Packers all freakin week. Where was Harrison and Polamalu? Where was the Immaculate Drive II?

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Where was the Immaculate Drive II?

You can only force a miracle so many times.

Troyisabeast_43
02-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Fox should be released for taking another dumb personal foul penalty on that final drive there. He has done that way too many times this year at key points during the game and it's just inexcusable...Fox is a complete dumbass and costs his team 15 yards of field position from the 28 to the 13 yard line....

SteelerDave74
02-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Didn't Kemoteau pull a 15 yard personal foul also? That guy is a pure cancerous *** at times also.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 01:20 AM
They probably got paid on the side for that crap. BS.

Dee Mca
02-07-2011, 03:12 AM
I don't think anyone should be cut. I feel we just waited to long. Yeah Ben threw 2 picks and Mendy coughed up the ball. As usual thou we ran the same stupid plays.

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't think anyone should be cut. I feel we just waited to long. Yeah Ben threw 2 picks and Mendy coughed up the ball. As usual thou we ran the same stupid plays.

we had a 0 to 0 score.... mendy ran 26 yards in two plays and we went for a 20 yard pass on 3rd and 2.... punt... the game changed right there... Arians sucks....... zero game plan.... some lame *** screens all night..... no redman and mendy.. Ktrain can you OC?

SteelDad
02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
we had a 0 to 0 score.... mendy ran 26 yards in two plays and we went for a 20 yard pass on 3rd and 2.... punt... the game changed right there... Arians sucks....... zero game plan.... some lame *** screens all night..... no redman and mendy.. Ktrain can you OC?

I think the Arians decision is going to be interesting. Firing him means that IMO, Tomlin is sending a message to Ben. We all know that BR has this close relationship with Arians and I for one believe change is good in this case. Ben needs a guy to come in and show him there are other ways to run an offense and maybe someone that will get on him a little bit. Not sure who the answer is, but a change is needed.

LatrobePA
02-07-2011, 11:24 AM
I think the Arians decision is going to be interesting. Firing him means that IMO, Tomlin is sending a message to Ben. We all know that BR has this close relationship with Arians and I for one believe change is good in this case. Ben needs a guy to come in and show him there are other ways to run an offense and maybe someone that will get on him a little bit. Not sure who the answer is, but a change is needed.

Tough love, Ben doesn't run the show, you know what I mean? It's time for change, Ben will not be pleased, but that's part of the biz...

Rampage
02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Fox should be released for taking another dumb personal foul penalty on that final drive there. He has done that way too many times this year at key points during the game and it's just inexcusable...Fox is a complete dumbass and costs his team 15 yards of field position from the 28 to the 13 yard line....

I am completely for Keyaron Fox being released. I was very impressed with him last year, but he has done nothing but hold and commit personal fouls on special teams this season. There are too many young guys that could get a hat for this dude to just continue being rewarded for bad play. I'm not just trying to be harsh on him for one penalty in one game; this has been a season long issue and I think it's time for him to hit the old dusty trail.

Three Four
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
The steelers mounted a frantic comeback that would have gone done as the greatest in the ages. No team is superbowl history has comeback from point deficit of 14 points or higher. The steelers were down 18 against a pass happy team that crushed the Falcons, 14-2 in a similar situation and they clawed their way back.

In fact, the steelers overcame the 18 point deficit by scoring a total of 25 and outscoring the vaunted packers 15-10 in the second half. This comeback was despite 3 turnovers and the pivotal Mendenhall fumble in the 4th qtr. Had he not fumbled the steelers could have a taken the lead or cut the deficit to one with a fg.

Much has been made of the Packers. Some are already claiming that they are the next dynasty. Some sportcasters say the Packer could win the next 3 to 5 superbowls. Not with the performance last night. Like the Steelers in the AFC Championship game, the Packers hung on to win. Had the Packers been down by 18 would they have the tenacity to come back in the Steelers fashion? Doubtful. But we will never really know. The Packers were never behind. Rodgers only had to manage the game, not win it, in the second half.

Big Ben had a chance to win the game a la Superbowl 43, except there was no Santonio Holmes. For as great as Wallace has been, he truly is a one trick pony. He failed to get separation for most of the game and when crunch time came he could not come up with the catches. Then there is some blame on Ben. He is passing the ball and his passes were not crisp.

Finally, Tomlin is a great coach, but he is stubborn as a mule. Sometimes it takes him awhile to see things. He should have noticed that the steelers came out flat against the Ravens and flat against the packers. What was the one factor in common? Two weeks off. McCarthy had his packers in pads hitting last week. Tomlin did not. McCarthy knew this would be a physical game. He prepared his team well for that. Tomlin was too laid back and the Steelers were not focused.

I have hope for this Steelers team. They need to plug some holes in the secondary and OL. But I would not surprised to see the Steelers Packers again in the superbowl.

kgreen
02-07-2011, 03:20 PM
We need an OC who has an imagination. I believe Arians was quote saying "we don't like to attack people." So Charles Woodson goes down with a game-ending injury and you don't throw at his replacement? He is a clueless tool bag that needs to go back to Cleveland where he belongs.

coldrolled
02-07-2011, 04:15 PM
We need an OC who has an imagination. I believe Arians was quote saying "we don't like to attack people." So Charles Woodson goes down with a game-ending injury and you don't throw at his replacement? He is a clueless tool bag that needs to go back to Cleveland where he belongs.

I think we started running more at that point...:cursin:

Cleveland Yes :crossfingers:

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Big Ben had a chance to win the game a la Superbowl 43, except there was no Santonio Holmes. For as great as Wallace has been, he truly is a one trick pony. He failed to get separation for most of the game and when crunch time came he could not come up with the catches. Then there is some blame on Ben. He is passing the ball and his passes were not crisp.

Finally, Tomlin is a great coach, but he is stubborn as a mule. Sometimes it takes him awhile to see things. He should have noticed that the steelers came out flat against the Ravens and flat against the packers. What was the one factor in common? Two weeks off. McCarthy had his packers in pads hitting last week. Tomlin did not. McCarthy knew this would be a physical game. He prepared his team well for that. Tomlin was too laid back and the Steelers were not focused.

I have hope for this Steelers team. They need to plug some holes in the secondary and OL. But I would not surprised to see the Steelers Packers again in the superbowl.

Great post overall. I agree with the above points the most. Not having a sure-handed #2 receiver really hurt us all season, but we won because the defense was great and the rest of the offense picked up the slack. That was not the case last night. Releasing Holmes was utter stupidity and in my opinion it cost us another Superbowl. I just hope Wallace continues to improve and is able to become a great #2 receiver.

I think we started running more at that point...:cursin:

After that first touchdown, I thought here we go, throw out the rushing plays and start attacking this secondary that is as shaky as ours with the pass. Of course we starting rushing again.

Clevelandsux
02-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Well you know, the Steelers need to change their philosophy. They expect bigben to bail them out every game. How about lets not get behind 18 points? How about our defense not let other teams get back into the game! 60 minute men.

steelersbabex25
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Well you know, the Steelers need to change their philosophy. They expect bigben to bail them out every game. How about lets not get behind 18 points? How about our defense not let other teams get back into the game! 60 minute men.

How about we play for more than 1 half..

NYCsteelersfan
02-07-2011, 04:57 PM

You can't blame the defense when the offense coughs up the ball 3 times. Could they have made a stop on one of those 3 turnovers? Sure. Would they have kept the Packers to only 2 touchdowns or less had it not been for the 3 offensive turnovers? Yes, I definitelty think so.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 09:25 PM
What i said stands true. Steelers put themselves in a position to make a 4th qtr comeback when they shouldn't have. Team loss right there.

franchise3
02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned but I heard today that they asked Ben if Arians made changes once Woodson was out and Ben was quoted saying: "No, we stuck to our original plan and scheme". What a toolbag this BA.