PDA

View Full Version : If Super Bowl 45...

Rampage
02-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Is the biggest thing you are worrying about today, you are in a great spot. Think about it guys and gals of Steeler Nation. I don't know about you all, but today I am preoccupied on a few things: Will the Steelers win? Do I have enough beer to get me through the game and either celebrate or drown my sorrows after the game? How will my wings, pizza, and calzone taste during snackage? If I eat too much, will I have to poop during the game?

Unfortunately, these aren't the only worries of a lot of people out there. If you are blessed enough to be able to be surrounded by family, friends, food and beverages during the game and that is the biggest thing on your plate right now, then be happy. Win or lose, our Steelers have afforded us a great opportunity to kick back and have a great time. Cherish and savor the moment my friends. If the Steelers win today, it will only be sweeter. Oh, and lest I forget:

GO STEELERS!

Alright, off to start drinking and eating.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 03:03 PM
My mind is going in a hundred different directions, I'm just trying to find ways to occupy my time this afternoon yet. I have my usual setup for gameday all ready to go, I've done all I can to make sure everything is in order, it's now or never!

Lunchbucket
02-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Is the biggest thing you are worrying about today, you are in a great spot. Think about it guys and gals of Steeler Nation. I don't know about you all, but today I am preoccupied on a few things: Will the Steelers win? Do I have enough beer to get me through the game and either celebrate or drown my sorrows after the game? How will my wings, pizza, and calzone taste during snackage? If I eat too much, will I have to poop during the game?

Unfortunately, these aren't the only worries of a lot of people out there. If you are blessed enough to be able to be surrounded by family, friends, food and beverages during the game and that is the biggest thing on your plate right now, then be happy. Win or lose, our Steelers have afforded us a great opportunity to kick back and have a great time. Cherish and savor the moment my friends. If the Steelers win today, it will only be sweeter. Oh, and lest I forget:

GO STEELERS!

Thank you for reminding me how lucky and blessed I am...................NoooooW GO STEELERS:cope::tt02::greenbounce2::tt02::helmet:

LarryNJ
02-06-2011, 03:12 PM
You're spot on Rampage!

From the Why do you want #7 thread:
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29286

1. For my kids. It's becoming a tradition for us to watch the Steelers playoff and SB games at a Steelers bar in Philly. We are now 5-0 when we're there. We are even bringing some of their Philly fans friends this week. It's a great time and something that I'm sure they will not only remember but talk about for the rest of their lives. In 30 years from now I can see them watching the Steelers with their kids telling them about how they used to go into to Philly for the playoff games with hundreds of Steelers fans. And their Dad who was always anti rap would actually sing a rap song. It's my small part in planting the seeds to grow the Steeler nation.

We are blessed and I'm very grateful for everyone of the experiences that the Steelers have given me.

SteelDad
02-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Very well-timed thread indeed! Just received an email this morning from a former intern of mine who is now an XO for the US Army in Afghanistan. He's about 20 miles from the Pakistan border and is in command of more vehicles, weapons, logistics, optics etc. than you can shake a stick at. They'll get the game over there, but it ain't like being home.

Farrior Fan
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I am blessed and thankful for all i have. And to top it all off I am a fan of the greatest most intense team in all of sports.

SteelerDave74
02-06-2011, 04:18 PM
is very thankful and blessed to be experiencing my third Super Bowl in my lifetime as a fan of the BURGH. I am nervous and butterflies in my stomach. THREE IS A CHARM!!!

steeldoc
02-06-2011, 04:45 PM
It never gets old. Watching them in the 70's while in Pittsburgh during college, the 21 years between Bradshaw and Ben, driving around like a mad man trying to find a sports bar to see the black and gold, smoking a cigar by myself in my garage in the middle of the night after O'Donnell's pics, the frustration of the 4 lost afc championship games under Cowher, and the joy of this group of guys brings to the Steeler Nation. I'm thankful for the Rooneys who seem to always do the right thing in all matters, even when it does not seem so at the time. The Steeler Nation is blessed. Just one more guys!!:cope::cope:

Moondog
02-06-2011, 06:06 PM

GO STEELERS!

Thanks for pointing this out ....I have a lot to be thankful for and we have a lot to be thankful for....the Steelers have been good to us.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Well, we know how the game turned out, but at least I had some good beer, pizza and such.

Scorp
02-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Well, we know how the game turned out, but at least I had some good beer, pizza and such.

Same here. Still got a case of beer left. How will i spend my day? :grin1: