PDA

View Full Version : if you didn't root for willie gay, now you will

mwittman5
02-06-2011, 01:07 PM
http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/blog-n-gold/24998-pittsburgh-stuff

story of his mom's murder.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 01:50 PM
It's an inspiring story to see Will Gay make it this far overcoming so much! Here we Willie!!! Be great today!

DanRooney
02-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Big play Willie Gay!

DIESELMAN
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InVz1nB-zfk&feature=player_embedded#

Thats some crazy **** right there.......play your heart out Willie!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Willie Gay is crucified really to much.....Dude was a 5th round pick and is a solid nickel corner......What more do you want from a 5th round pick?........He also did fine a spot starter in 2008 when McFadden was injured some games......I think 2009 proved Gay isn't a 16 game starter but I like Willie Gay and think he has exceeded expectations since he was a 5th round pick......Sure its great to find future Hall of Famers that late in the draft but finding gems like that is hard to do.......You look for your late round picks to be solid contributors and to build depth when injury does occur and a starter does go down a couple games....I think Gay has proven to be just that.......

coach
02-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I have been a s critical of Gay as anybody this past year. But, this is like a typical Steeler story for me. I love it when an average player comes up big when it counts most, and even surpasses all expectations. Remember that catch Rocky made years ago, that should have gone over his head? Nobody knew or thought he could go up that high to catch a ball. Steeler QBs are never amongst the elite talent but just win Lombardi trophies. Teams can't win unless their O-line can protect their QB, but "who's laughing, now?" Ben asked.

What a good story.

SteelCityKid5
02-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Best blitzing nickel in the game.

Rampage
02-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I think I am one of the few, but I like Willie Gay. When playing the nickel or blitzing, I think he is hard to beat.

They don't call him Big Play Willie Gay for nothing!

steeldoc
02-06-2011, 04:21 PM
I like him..he seem a bit flakey, like when he wore a red Boston Red Sox shirt and hat to the last SB parade. The dude plays hard, that's all I care about.