PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite superbowl snack?

Jayman
02-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Eating during the superbowl is almost as important as watching the game. What is your all time favorite superbowl snack that you absolutely can't live without?

For me it's nachos.

Scorp
02-06-2011, 02:28 AM
I really don't snack, but if you want to count beer as a snack then beer it is.

Jayman
02-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Well, of course you can't do without beer. But - NO SNACK? Come on!

pimplydan
02-06-2011, 02:47 AM
BEER BEER BEER AND BEER . the snacks are just to keep the other hand busy.

Jayman
02-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Maybe I should have asked what kind of beer will you be drinking???

pimplydan
02-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Coors light first , whatever beer is left after , 25 year old cognac or scotch at the end of the game

Dean Denton
02-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Cheese Heads, with a few shots of JD...

scott0326
02-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Pizza

PeachStatesteeler
02-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Beer... Shot... Beer... Shot... You get the Idea.:cope:

Farrior Fan
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Lots of nachos - I want to crap out a whole lot of cheese tomorrow

steelerjames
02-06-2011, 10:16 AM
WINGS

Rampage
02-06-2011, 11:20 AM
1) Beer
2) Wings
3) Pizza

It's like they were made for the Super Bowl.

Lunchbucket
02-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Party at my brothers with 20 some people.Puled pork sandwiches,sloppy joes,ribs,wings,cheesehead meatloaf,superbowl cake,beer,homemade perogies,wine,chili,pizza,cheese dip and chips cold cuts and cheese platter.........should get us to half time.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2011, 11:51 AM
CHEESE HEADS !!

Bring on the cheddar shredder !!

acero
02-06-2011, 12:29 PM
this might be a little awkward for you guys but im mexican and here we go...

we celebrate steelers super bowl with a meal that we snack too (ha ha ha ) in a large outdoors pot we cook MANTA RAY.

its a spice stew the we let dry slow cooked, first we cook the manta ray and pull the meat, then it goes to the large huge outdoors pot and kind of fry in butter and oil and spice it and add vegetables, tomato paste, spicy tomato sauce olives and some other ingredients and you can serve it on a dish and when is dryer you can have awesome corn tacos.

off course is kind of elaborate but it becomes like a good entertainment while waiting for the game.

:tt02: :tt02:

jpele
02-06-2011, 12:49 PM
We'll have, Bacon Cheeseburger stuffed Mushrooms, BBQ, hot wings, shrimp and crayfish casserole to wash it all down LaBatt Ice & Miller Lite

LarryNJ
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I really don't snack, but if you want to count beer as a snack then beer it is.
:yellowthumb:

BEER BEER BEER AND BEER . the snacks are just to keep the other hand busy.
:yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

A much better question! Leffe Blonde

I'll probably munch on some pretzels or something that's it. During the AFC championship game I ate only a half of blacken fish sandwich, I'm going to try and eat something around 3:00.

we celebrate steelers super bowl with a meal that we snack too (ha ha ha ) in a large outdoors pot we cook MANTA RAY.

its a spice stew the we let dry slow cooked, first we cook the manta ray and pull the meat, then it goes to the large huge outdoors pot and kind of fry in butter and oil and spice it and add vegetables, tomato paste, spicy tomato sauce olives and some other ingredients and you can serve it on a dish and when is dryer you can have awesome corn tacos.

off course is kind of elaborate but it becomes like a good entertainment while waiting for the game.

That sounds awesome...invite me over some time!

coach
02-06-2011, 03:40 PM

Never had it, but if the Steelers win, don't stop eating it. I'll even try some next year.

I told you guys already that we don't get Iron City beer here in Canada, so I drink STEELER beer before the game. It's brewed by Lakeport.

Pimply, not sure if you get that in Quebec? I don't buy it for the taste, but I take one for the team and drink it because of the black and gold can, and the name, of course.

jpele
02-06-2011, 03:42 PM
first we cook the manta ray and pull the meat, then it goes to the large huge outdoors pot and kind of fry in butter and oil and spice it and add vegetables, tomato paste, spicy tomato sauce olives and some other ingredients and you can serve it on a dish and when is dryer you can have awesome corn tacos.

I've tried most everything that comes out of the sea but never tasted Manta Ray ,what does it taste like ?

SteelCityKid5
02-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Booze

TheFizzman
02-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I Will be drinking blue moon with an orange slice of course...occasional Coors Light

Chips with the velvetta and rotel dip...and velveeta and chili dip....Salsa....Guacamole.
White Castle Burgers, Jack in The box Tacos, Pizza from Papa Johns....

and my victory beer (last two weeks has been a winner)
-Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout ( 9 dollar 22 oz oatmeal chocolate beer over 10% ALC by vol.)

Rampage
02-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I just pigged out on pizza, wings, and calzone. I can hear myself getting fatter.

Callax
02-06-2011, 04:29 PM
EASY!

Daughter in law's 7 layer bean dip!!
can eat it 24/7!!!
I would weigh 300 lbs if I could only eat that!!!

SteelDad
02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Steak goes on grill @ 445pm and first Samuel Adams Noble Pils goes down at 446pm. From there, it's anyones guess.

Rampage
02-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Steak goes on grill @ 445pm and first Samuel Adams Noble Pils goes down at 446pm. From there, it's anyones guess.

How is the Noble Pils? I haven't tried that. I've been on a huge Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale kick over the last several weeks myself.

StillerLady1029
02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Coors Light, buffalow chicken dip, also I made a new dip white pizza dip. Ribs are on the grill with some chicken breast. Oh and more Coors Light. :cope:

SteelDad
02-06-2011, 05:13 PM
How is the Noble Pils? I haven't tried that. I've been on a huge Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale kick over the last several weeks myself.

I will be taking the maiden voyage tonight. I'll let you know.

Rampage
02-06-2011, 05:18 PM
I will be taking the maiden voyage tonight. I'll let you know.

Drink a lot so that you can give me a good review! :lol:

coach
02-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Just had a nach platter for appetizer. Ribs in oven and wings going in soon.

Someoen asked what Manta Ray tastes like: I hope it's not chicken. Everything tastes like chicken. Makes me wonder what chicken actually tastes like.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Wife getting our Pizza..but Im so nervous Im not sure I can eat it! LOL

coach
02-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Wife getting our Pizza..but Im so nervous Im not sure I can eat it! LOL

Blitz, let the Packer fans be that nervous. You`ve been here before. Enjoy your pizza, and the game.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 07:00 PM
LOL I had some food, Im good now..just chillin till the game starts :towelwave:

SteelDad
02-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Excellent flavor, very smooth and light. Finish leaves a little to be desired, but still an excellent brew!

Scorp
02-07-2011, 12:37 AM

Lots of Bud Light Lime. :yellowthumb:

TEEMONT
02-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Someoen asked what Manta Ray tastes like: I hope it's not chicken. Everything tastes like chicken. Makes me wonder what chicken actually tastes like.

Ribs in the oven?!!!

Do yourself a favor and hit up Lowes and buy a smoker. They have electric ones for only $70. You'll thank me next time you make ribs.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Excellent flavor, very smooth and light. Finish leaves a little to be desired, but still an excellent brew!

I think I'll grab a sixer next time I'm out. Typically, I'll drink an ale or stout and follow it up by an IPA but that is typically a little heavy on the alcohol content. Perhaps I'll go for something like a Ska Breweries Buster Nut Brown Ale and the Sam Adams Noble Pils for my springtime lineup. :lol:

acero
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM

Well manta ray has a strong fish taste with a pulled meat texture, and when you mix in the tomato paste and spices is very peculiar

very good