PDA

View Full Version : Butterflies??

chisteeler
02-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Hey gang,
Sorry if I seem like a "Nervous Nelly" but I am really worried about this game. I have done nothing this week but watch and read all things Super Bowl. I just pray we win this game!

Go Steelers! :tt02:

Speeed
02-06-2011, 01:01 AM
I have been on and off the forum 12 million times today. I am arguing with myself whether or not to keep coming back and getting all worked up before the game. I just might stay away until after the game! I visit the Packers forum too, and the Ravens forum (I live a few miles outside of Baltimore) to keep up with news and opinions. I can't friggin' stand it - but yet I come back (I don't post in the other forums though).

I have never been this worked up. I think it is due the nature of this season for the Steelers. With suspensions, fines, injuries, officiating, etc. I am sooooo pulling for the team to win. I think I will feel much worse for them than they will for themselves!

Even if they lose, I think they had a great season and I look forward to watching them next year with renewed vigor!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm just the opposite, I haven't watched much of any TV about it at all. I'm tired of the analysis, I'm tired of hearing how great the Packers are. We all know the breakdowns and keys to the game. I will admit I won't sleep well tonight and tomorrow I'll be a trainwreck, but I'm ready to find out the outcome of this game!

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Hey gang,
Sorry if I seem like a "Nervous Nelly" but I am really worried about this game. I have done nothing this week but watch and read all things Super Bowl. I just pray we win this game!

Go Steelers! :tt02:

Which team has played the better compitition to be better prepared for this game?

The Steelers are the best team the Packers have played, by far all season.

The Packers are not the best team the Steelers have faced this season.

mwittman5
02-06-2011, 01:22 AM
not nervous at all, real calm, almost too calm. hopefully the steelers feel the way I do. Will probably change come game time

Scorp
02-06-2011, 01:27 AM
I probably watched too much espn and nfl total access. I couldn't believe all the garbage i heard about how good the Packers are. I really got tired of it and started thinking myself. But, i reminded myself about how i say you can't beat experience and the Steelers defense looked great this season and they were going to the Super Bowl. Don't lose faith cause the world seems against our beloved Steelers.

pimplydan
02-06-2011, 01:45 AM
I have had mood swings all week , you hear the strong points about the steelers your confidence goes up . Then you hear about Rodgers and how hot he has been lately and your confidence takes a shot .
But today is today , superbowl day . It's our time to shine , we own superbowls , I feel confident today we have been here before ,this is commun ground for the steelers . we have seen these lights shining before . So let just go out and do what we do . We are the best , we will out play ya , out smart ya , and pound ya , lets go get the job done .
It won't be all perfect but stay focus for the next 4 quarters and THE LOMBARDI WILL COME BACK HOME WITH US .......

I am fealing it today , It just cannot be any other way .

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-06-2011, 02:01 AM
not nervous at all, real calm, almost too calm. hopefully the steelers feel the way I do. Will probably change come game time

Same here dude

LarryNJ
02-06-2011, 03:45 AM
I'm very nervous as hell. I haven't watched much TV the last 2 weeks but have been on here all the time, no other forums, read some articles and listened to a lot of talk radio. National, Philly & NYC. I haven't heard the overwhelming love for the Packers and Rodgers. More of a respect for what they have done and what Rodgers has done the last 6 weeks. Rightfully so he has played very well. Most feel it is one of the most evenly matched SB's and a majority of the callers in NY were taking the Steelers, especially since we are the underdogs. Although most people who aren't Steelers fans would prefer the Packers to win that is simply human nature rooting against the team that wins more often. Less than 15 hours to go, I hope I get some rest before game time.

pontiacbubba
02-06-2011, 04:02 AM
Started off nervous but, the more I read the more I calmed down. I think its going to be a good game and the loosr will have nothing to be ashamed about. Most sports media seem to be split on the winner. I hope the D comes out fired up and takes control early. I think we can run on GB and that will be key.
Either way I hope we get the early lead like we did against the Jets and not the late win like we did against Baltimore.
Here we go Steelers!

scott0326
02-06-2011, 04:47 AM
I'm really nervous and to make it even worse i have a basketball game before the Steelers game and will probably be nervous for that too, lol.

twag
02-06-2011, 07:51 AM
i realy dont think there is all that much to be worried about. you all know we are the best and definitely the most PHYSICAL team they have seen all year.we are from the AFC NORTH the most physical division in fooball! i realy dont think they can deal with that for 4 quarters. once we hit,push and pound them play after play and the green babies will say chit these guys are kickin our azzes. then we got em!!! PHYSICAL PLAY!! thats what we do and they cant practice it. smash mouth football=#7!!:cope::tt02::banana:

PeachStatesteeler
02-06-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm fired up! sick of the media hype about GB. I feel good about this game.

:tt02:

Farrior Fan
02-06-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree with the toughness of the AFC North, no NFC team could hang with either us or the Ravens for 4 quarters. I attribute most of our 4th qtr comebacks to the fact that we literally pound our will into the other team.

I really wish it was warm outside and my grass needed to be cut, at least that would give me something to do. 7+ hours to go. Maybe I'll go over to my neighbors house that is a big packers fan and ring his doorbell, when he comes to the door I'll tackle him. Maybe I should go to wal-mart with all my Steelers stuff on and wait for someone to say anything bad and wreck their day with a NFL approved sack. Wow I really need a hobby other than the Steelers.

Rampage
02-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm finally starting to get anxious, kind of like a young child on Christmas Eve. I'm not really nervous, I think this team can beat the Packers, but I am ready for them to play the game.

I think beer will help.

LarryNJ
02-06-2011, 11:42 AM
I think beer will help.
:yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthum b:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm finally starting to get anxious, kind of like a young child on Christmas Eve. I'm not really nervous, I think this team can beat the Packers, but I am ready for them to play the game.

I think beer will help.

Beer sounds like a great idea!!

nuclearchihuahuas
02-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm just the opposite, I haven't watched much of any TV about it at all. I'm tired of the analysis, I'm tired of hearing how great the Packers are. We all know the breakdowns and keys to the game. I will admit I won't sleep well tonight and tomorrow I'll be a trainwreck, but I'm ready to find out the outcome of this game!

:yellowthumb:

coach
02-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I think the thing that uspet me the most this week emotionally was all the packer love the media was sending out. It's like they were the team that had a chance to win their third tropy in 7 years.
Otherwise, we win, or we win big. This is our 8th trip. Could be our 7th Lombardi. We made it depsite the crappy calls, the fines, the injuries to our line, in particular, and given that our starting QB missed 4 games.

What did teams like GB do without their starting QB this year? Enough said.

Let's get this game going.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Im doing some cleaning to try and keep my mind occupied :lol: :thud:

SteelDad
02-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Just got a tweet from @lawrencetimmons saying they are on the bus on the way to the stadium... If that doesn't get you butterflies nothing will!

--- Added 2/6/2011 at 02:26 PM ---

Personally I've had pterodactyls flying in my gut for 3 days now.

BR7
02-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Not nervous.. more anxious than anything. Bored out of my mind. I stopped watching NLFN after yesterday. They had the Round Table of 'experts' on.. Deion, Marshall, Michael and Brian Billick... err, well Billicks ring. Every time that blowhard talked, they did a super zoom in on that ugly *** ring. It was almost comical how they would pan in, slow mo zoom on the ring, then show his mug. Like he's a frickin hand model lol.

Cracking open the beer now, should pass the tme.

steeldoc
02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
This team is an interesting bunch...I keep waiting for them to lose a big game and they just seem to do enough to win. Nothing fancy, usually pretty ugly....but they win. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfi ngers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

SteelerCountry58
02-06-2011, 04:38 PM
More anxious pent up violence then anything else.:lol:
I just wanna start hittin people out on the football field,
our boys have to be chomping at the bit to start drilling Packers!
Hit em' hard,hit em' fast and never look back! Here We Go!!!!:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Butterflies don't even cover it now..i'm fit to be tied sitting here waiting!

SteelCityKid5
02-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Two words: scared shitless

86WARD
02-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm not feeling confident right now...

hit 'n run
02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm not feeling confident right now...

Hey you guys!

It's not about feelings.....DESIRE, WILL, and WHATEVER IT TAKES.

WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Our Steelers WILL DO IT!

Stairwayto7
02-06-2011, 05:58 PM
LETS GET IT ON! CANT TAKE IT ANY LONGER