PDA

View Full Version : Steelers getting no love

Clevelandsux
02-04-2011, 07:04 PM
If you watched tv or listened to the radio you wouldn't know they were even playing the in SB. WTF!!!!

Haven't we won two sb's in the last 5 years? Is Green Bay really that good? They are making Aaron Rodgers the second coming of Joe Montana?????

These are the same Packers that lost to Detroit, Miami and Washington during the season. That finished 10-6 and a wildcard team and the 6th seed? This isn't Vince Lombardi's Packers. Nor is it the '96 Packers.

Do they really think the Steelers are just happy to be here? I quit watching all the talk shows. Tired of the naysayers.

Troyisabeast_43
02-04-2011, 07:14 PM
The Packers are the sexy pick in this game and the media wants them to win because they are so sick of the Steelers winning Super Bowls and proving everybody wrong. Plus, the Packers are a more flashy team with Aaron Rodgers and have that quick strike offense which people in the media love. The Steelers dont have that, but they just do one thing and the only thing at the end of the day that matters and that's win. And that's what they will do come Sunday night...

MattyVfromCT
02-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Honestly who cares? Championships aren't won on ESPN, nfl network, or any other form of media. They are won on the field. I could give 2 shits less about what the biased media has to say

Goodfrom55
02-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Wouldn't have it any other way. Let all the attention (AND EXPECTATIONS) fall on the shoulders of the Golden Child, Aaron Rodgers. Steelers will just come to play.

LarryNJ
02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Honestly who cares? Championships aren't won on ESPN, nfl network, or any other form of media. They are won on the field. I could give 2 shits less about what the biased media has to say

I agree I really could care less.

The entire we get no respect thing is actually getting old to me. Some are picking the Packers some are picking the Steelers, it's a huge exaggeration to say everyone is picking the Packers. It's a very even match up and could go either way. Come Sunday night if we win I'll be extremely happy for many different reasons. Not one of them will be because they proved someone in the media wrong.

I have no control over what they say, but I do have control over how out affects me.

Troyisabeast_43
02-04-2011, 07:35 PM
The Packers being the favorites in this game with a lot of people picking them and it being their first time here with most of their entire team I think it will put a lot more pressure on them in this game especially early on. The Steelers I have no doubt if they win the toss will defer and give the Packers the ball first and let the Packers hit the field right away and see what they can do. I have enough faith in the Steelers defense to defer the kickoff and stop the Packers on their opening drive, and get the ball to start the 2nd half. I think the Packers will be tight early on in this game and very vulnerable and that's where the Steelers can jump right in and take advantage of them early and often...

Rampage
02-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Steelers don't have a chance. Rodgers is the best quarterback to ever step on the field, he cannot be sacked, he has never missed a throw, he is incredibly clutch, and he doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he drinks Dos Equis.

The Packers also have the fastest WR corp in the world. Everyone runs a 3.0 40, but they run 4.4 40s just to make it fair for their opposition. James Starks is better than Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson combined. The Packers offensive line is essentially the Great Wall of Green Bay; an impregnable fortress of solid muscle.

Defensively, the Packers are a stone wall, except they have replaced stone with metal and grout with the blood of their opposition. Headed up by the winged god of nose tackling, B.J. Raji who weighs 350 pounds but runs like Usain Bolt and has the pass protection skills of Revis, they cannot be stopped. Clay Matthews wills quarterbacks to the ground, he does not even need to leave the line of scrimmage. When you throw on their secondary it is more like they are your receivers and your receivers are the defensive backs. Everyone in the secondary is incredibly fast, but Charles Woodson is the fastest. He can actually run 88 miles per hour which is why he is so good. He doesn't do it on the field, but he does it every off season so that he can travel back in time to prevent aging which is why he still plays at such a high level.

They used to call it teams, but now it is special teams because Green Bay has Masthay and Crosby. Jerry Jones will actually have to remove the score board and open the roof of the Jerry Jones Memorial Coliseum so that Masthay can punt. His record for lowest height on a punt was 400 feet. Mason Crosby can also kick so well that he oftentimes does it backwards. This is due to his ability to do deadlifts pulling 5000 pounds; his hamstrings are gunned out.

Okay, am I missing anything ESPN?

PeachStatesteeler
02-04-2011, 07:45 PM
The media thinks the Packers are world beaters because they torched the Falcons. What the forget is The Packers looked average against Philly and Chicago nearly beat them with a 3rd string QB. I really expect the Packers to be tight for this game.
:tt02:

Scorp
02-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Supposedly the Packers won 12 super bowls and Aaron Rodgers is 7 time MVP. He's the greatest of all time and is in a league all in his own. Gimmie a freakin break. You guys on espn and nfln really need to check where your head is at, seriously. I can't believe Rod Woodson picked the Pack. Freedom of choice i guess.

mos07
02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Rampage -Wow! Easy Big Boy! We got this. Screw ESPN. Watch Spike this weekend - a couple of Rambo movies or maybe Commando.

I am a big beleiver in GOOD KARMA - let the anger go. Again, screw ESPN - do something to relax - tune in SUN night............

Rampage
02-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Rampage -Wow! Easy Big Boy! We got this. Screw ESPN. Watch Spike this weekend - a couple of Rambo movies or maybe Commando.

I am a big beleiver in GOOD KARMA - let the anger go. Again, screw ESPN - do something to relax - tune in SUN night............

I actually watched Rambo last weekend...

Nevertheless, I was just poking fun at the idea of Green Bay being the perfect team like the talking heads on ESPN seem to preach. They are good and they earned their ticket, but far too many people are discounting the Steelers. Last I checked, both teams are pretty even and get paid to play football. With that said, they can play the damn game already!

:cope:

Scorp
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Also, everyone figures the Steelers have more Lombardi's than any other franchise and are in their recor tying 8 super bowl, why give them any love. Give it all to the Packers who are going to go down as the Steelers next victim.

steeldoc
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Who cares...the team who punishes the other team physically will win.

MattyVfromCT
02-04-2011, 08:21 PM
One thing that does annoy me however. That douche kurt warner. I am so sick of that douche. He made some stupid *** remark about how he needs to see ben carry a team on his back to consider him a hall of famer. That winning a 3rd ring isn't enough. HEY KURT. WERE U PAYING ATTENTION IN SUPER BOWL 43 WHEN BEN DROVE THE STEELERS 88 YARDS FOR A GAME WINNING TD AGAINST YOUR WORTHLESS CARDINALS? OR ARE YOU JUST A BITTER DOUCHEBAG? I have to go with the latter. Im sorry I hate that asshat. I don't care what anyone says I don't care if he went to 3 super bowls he is not a hall of famed to me. In between his great seasons with the rams and cardinals he had some very mediocre seasons, most notably with the giants when he sucked so bad he got benched for a rookie eli manning. Hall of famer my ***. Sorry for the rant I just hate that guy. He comes across as a total phony. Everyone talks about what a good guy he is but to me he comes across as disingenuous. Like he tries way too hard to be the good guy

Clevelandsux
02-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Heres what i say. Screw the Pack! Screw Curly Lambeau, Vince Lombardi (except the trophy that bears his name), Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Brett favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ray nitchske, Mike holmgren. f-um all! And those pathetic cheeseheads! This is wAR BABY!!!

I think they should change the lombardi trophy to the Art Rooney trophy!!!

Clay Matthews jr? Oh this is kin from a former Cleveland Brown so screw him too! Mike McCarthy? Who is the fat bastard?

Go steelers!

Scorp
02-04-2011, 08:29 PM
One thing that does annoy me however. That douche kurt warner. I am so sick of that douche. He made some stupid *** remark about how he needs to see ben carry a team on his back to consider him a hall of famer. That winning a 3rd ring isn't enough. HEY KURT. WERE U PAYING ATTENTION IN SUPER BOWL 43 WHEN BEN DROVE THE STEELERS 88 YARDS FOR A GAME WINNING TD AGAINST YOUR WORTHLESS CARDINALS? OR ARE YOU JUST A BITTER DOUCHEBAG? I have to go with the latter. Im sorry I hate that asshat. I don't care what anyone says I don't care if he went to 3 super bowls he is not a hall of famed to me. In between his great seasons with the rams and cardinals he had some very mediocre seasons, most notably with the giants when he sucked so bad he got benched for a rookie eli manning. Hall of famer my ***. Sorry for the rant I just hate that guy. He comes across as a total phony. Everyone talks about what a good guy he is but to me he comes across as disingenuous. Like he tries way too hard to be the good guy

Beautifully said. :yellowthumb:....:lol:

steeldoc
02-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Matty, that tribute video was just perfect! Choked me up a bit, :crying::crying::crying:Thanks. Go Steelers.

SteelDad
02-04-2011, 10:41 PM
"Hi I'm Kurt Warner. Better known to some of you as the second coming of Jesus Christ. I'm not perfect ya know, I used to fumble the ball quite a bit, but other than that, I'm God's gift to the world!!

ARGH!!!! STFU already Warner! We get the schtick man! We know the story and until you actually know what comes out of your mouth then shut the hell up!

As for the Pack getting all the love, the conspiracy theorist in me tells me that the League of Extraordinary Suits would love nothing better than to see GB win the title. Having us win another is bad for business. Screw'em I say. Let Silverback crush the Pack!

memphissteelergirl
02-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Matty, that tribute video was just perfect! Choked me up a bit, :crying::crying::crying:Thanks. Go Steelers.

Agreed...added to my "Steelers" video playlist.

Great job, Matty! :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
02-04-2011, 11:09 PM
AR leaves farts that smell like roses.

Really, who the F cares!

I'm in down town Pittsburgh this weekend and I can assure you NOT 1 person here believes or cares what the worthless media thinks!!

coach
02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Great vid.

I hope everybody picks against us.

It makes it all the better.

2 more sleeps and nothin but the results count.

Real Deal Steel
02-04-2011, 11:37 PM

Kurt Warner is a bitter man. He's still upset because we whipped his *** and he gives Ben no Credit for that drive. It's okay. He's shown me and everybody how small of a man he really is.

Also, Warner was on NFL Network a few years talking about how QB's shouldn't be allowed to be hit. All because of his concussion issues he had. You see what type of man he is?? But what do you expect from a man who wears the panties in his house while his wife wears the fruit of the looms. :yellowthumb:

bensshoes
02-05-2011, 12:10 AM
If you watched tv or listened to the radio you wouldn't know they were even playing the in SB. WTF!!!!

Haven't we won two sb's in the last 5 years? Is Green Bay really that good? They are making Aaron Rodgers the second coming of Joe Montana?????

These are the same Packers that lost to Detroit, Miami and Washington during the season. That finished 10-6 and a wildcard team and the 6th seed? This isn't Vince Lombardi's Packers. Nor is it the '96 Packers.

Do they really think the Steelers are just happy to be here? I quit watching all the talk shows. Tired of the naysayers.

there were many whom said we couldn't defend the Cardinals pass attack and we had no real chance against the percision of Kurt Warner either, the profesional talkers love to hate the Steelers then after we win again they'll suck up for a month or so and then try-n act loke it didn't happen, they all just suck a s s!

steelersbabex25
02-05-2011, 12:19 AM
I almost laughed out loud when either on Sports Center or NFL Live they were talking about which quarterback they would rather have to lead their team, and each and every one of them said Aaron Rodgers. I was like :wtf: Now that Aaron Rodgers makes it to Superbowl everyone is talking about him like he's the second coming of jesus. You would rather have Aaron Rodgers leading your team when you're down over Mr. Clutch himself, Ben Roethlisberger? Makes sense...NOT.

SteelerCountry58
02-05-2011, 12:44 AM
I can't take watching any of these talking bags of dog crap.
It's all b.s. and over analysis of EVERYTHING. I say shut the f@#K up,
we'll see who's standing at the end holding the trophy once again!!:cope:

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-05-2011, 12:58 AM
thank god this bullshit talk is almost over. i want to see this game real bad.

MattyVfromCT
02-05-2011, 02:23 AM
there were many whom said we couldn't defend the Cardinals pass attack and we had no real chance against the percision of Kurt Warner either, the profesional talkers love to hate the Steelers then after we win again they'll suck up for a month or so and then try-n act loke it didn't happen, they all just suck a s s!

EXACTLY! That's all we heard 2 years ago. "Fitzgerald is unstoppable", "warner has super bowl experience", "there's no way the steelers stop Fitz, boldin AND breaston", and of course the biggest factor of all that scared me and I think most Steeler fans most of all, "ken whisenhunt knows the steelers very well and has a huge advantage because of it". I feared the cardinals offense much more than I fear these packers. Warner had the experience, fitzgerald was putting up record numbers in the postseasons and nobody had stopped him, plus factor in boldin and breaston, warner's numbers against the blitz, and coach wiz's familiarity with us. The only real difference is that the packers have a much better d than Arizona but I still feel like we will have a good game on both sides of the ball. We have a huge edge experience wise. They only have 2 players with previous super bowl experience and they will at some point get the super bowl jitters. Everybody does. We all know about the 05 steelers with Hines puking out of nervousness before the game and ben never losing the jitters during the game. But I've also heard some of the 95 steelers saying how it took them at least the entire first quarter to lose the jitters and seeing how we played against dallas early in Sb Xxx its understandable. Lloyd was quoted as saying he felt like he was playing on roller skates and moving backwards. I really want us to hit Rodgers early and often. Throw him off his game. After the hit peppers put on him in the NFC title game he was never the same

Phenomenal TJ
02-05-2011, 05:39 AM
But...Aaron Rodgers is so good that he's in the Hall Of Fame. Already. Yeah. Without retiring. That good. We're toast. Screw it, just hand them the Lombardi. We'll just pack up and leave Dallas.

pimplydan
02-05-2011, 07:43 AM
The Packers are the sexy pick in this game and the media wants them to win because they are so sick of the Steelers winning Super Bowls and proving everybody wrong. Plus, the Packers are a more flashy team with Aaron Rodgers and have that quick strike offense which people in the media love. The Steelers dont have that, but they just do one thing and the only thing at the end of the day that matters and that's win. And that's what they will do come Sunday night...

You 're right on the money here , nobody could have sayed it better:yellowthumb:

steeldoc
02-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Any perceived slight just drives Ben to do more....He is Marino competitive, he wants there to be no doubt that he's one of the best ever. As frustrating as this may seem, it's a great tool for the team. They always play better from behind. What the Steelers shold do is just shellack the **** out of these newbies, have Ben throw some bullets as well as high arcing memorable bombs and go home winners...again. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Steelers don't have a chance. Rodgers is the best quarterback to ever step on the field, he cannot be sacked, he has never missed a throw, he is incredibly clutch, and he doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he drinks Dos Equis.

The Packers also have the fastest WR corp in the world. Everyone runs a 3.0 40, but they run 4.4 40s just to make it fair for their opposition. James Starks is better than Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson combined. The Packers offensive line is essentially the Great Wall of Green Bay; an impregnable fortress of solid muscle.

Defensively, the Packers are a stone wall, except they have replaced stone with metal and grout with the blood of their opposition. Headed up by the winged god of nose tackling, B.J. Raji who weighs 350 pounds but runs like Usain Bolt and has the pass protection skills of Revis, they cannot be stopped. Clay Matthews wills quarterbacks to the ground, he does not even need to leave the line of scrimmage. When you throw on their secondary it is more like they are your receivers and your receivers are the defensive backs. Everyone in the secondary is incredibly fast, but Charles Woodson is the fastest. He can actually run 88 miles per hour which is why he is so good. He doesn't do it on the field, but he does it every off season so that he can travel back in time to prevent aging which is why he still plays at such a high level.

They used to call it teams, but now it is special teams because Green Bay has Masthay and Crosby. Jerry Jones will actually have to remove the score board and open the roof of the Jerry Jones Memorial Coliseum so that Masthay can punt. His record for lowest height on a punt was 400 feet. Mason Crosby can also kick so well that he oftentimes does it backwards. This is due to his ability to do deadlifts pulling 5000 pounds; his hamstrings are gunned out.

No that pretty much sums it up, you'll see alittle something extra in your paycheck this week.

I stopped watching media coverage after the first day it started last week. Other than media day (I did watch a lot of that), I literally can count on one hand the amount of super bowl coverage I have watched so far. All I've heard and seen are Packers highlights, Packers fans saying how great they are, how awesome Aaron Rodgers is, how great their WR's are, how Clay Matthews will get 5 sacks.

So yeah, I don't plan on watching any today but you can bet your last dollar I will watch the post game show to watch them all eat crow!

Nolrog
02-05-2011, 12:10 PM
he doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he drinks Dos Equis.

He may drink Dos Equis, but Ben drinks Tres Rinques :helmet:

memphissteelergirl
02-05-2011, 05:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Kh20Jwi1w

steelfury455
02-05-2011, 06:43 PM

Oh that's just rich man. Rich I say! LOL. And nope, you hit it all...

hit 'n run
02-05-2011, 07:13 PM

Ditto...

Ibleedblk&gld
02-05-2011, 07:18 PM
it was disgusting to watch the hatred pour out of marshall faulk's mouth throughout the playoffs...he didn't say one good thing about the steelers in leading up to their matchups against the ravens or jets...and the steelers threw his comments back in his face

hit 'n run
02-05-2011, 07:29 PM

...wish I'd said that.

Scorp
02-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Steelers get all the love. There are Steelers fans in Greenbay.