PDA

View Full Version : Great Statistic

SteelDad
02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
In all of the playoff games this season, the team that has rushed more times and for more yards than the opponent has won every game. Hello Mendy!

One thing I have to give credit to Merrill Hoge for is this: "Look for the Steelers in 2nd and even some 3rd and long situations to run the ball because GB always substitutes one of those 3 big uglies for a DB in those spots."

It's a vaild point, but obviously the game will dictate that.

LarryNJ
02-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Go Mendy!

2 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!

Rampage
02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
That is a nice stat to see. I can definitely see the Steelers winning the ground battle, but my concern is about the margin. If the Steelers hold Green Bay to 43 yards rushing and no TDs, but only get 80 yards and no TDs, it doesn't really mean a whole lot, at least in my eyes.

Troyisabeast_43
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM
That is a nice stat to see. I can definitely see the Steelers winning the ground battle, but my concern is about the margin. If the Steelers hold Green Bay to 43 yards rushing and no TDs, but only get 80 yards and no TDs, it doesn't really mean a whole lot, at least in my eyes.

If a number of those 80 yards rushing are a result of a few 20-25 yard runs by Mendenhall that put the Steelers in scoring position I will take that. He busted a few of those big runs against the Jets and I look for him to have a few more on Sunday. Mendenhall is definitely going to find the end zone in this game at least 1 or 2 times I believe...

Goodfrom55
02-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Keep in mind that successful running of the football does slow down the pass rush, so patience and execution will pay off.

mos07
02-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Run....Run.......Run......

Only three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad. - Bear Bryant

coach
02-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Own the clock.

Rodgers on sideline = Steeler victory.

If we can dominate their D, their O can't spread and pick on our secondary.

Heinzie
02-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Own the clock.

Rodgers on sideline = Steeler victory.

If we can dominate their D, their O can't spread and pick on our secondary.

You nailed that on the head. If our offense chews up the clock by running, it keeps the packers offense on the sideline that much longer.

Scorp
02-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Great posts by all of the above