PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have with the game on the line??? Rodgers v BB

greennick
02-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Surprisingly, I think the media actually got one right in BB's favour. The fans still voted Rodgers though....

DALLAS -- Two minutes to go, down by 6 ... who you got: Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers? With the Super Bowl XLV matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers so evenly matched, it might just come down to such a scenario.

We put the question to our analysts and writers. Here's what they had to say:

Gil Brandt: Rodgers
I'm going to take Aaron Rodgers. Give me the quarterback who is most likely to escape and make a play when one is needed. Ben Roethlisberger can escape but is not quick. Next to Michael Vick, there's no quicker quarterback with escape skills than Rodgers.

Vic Carucci: Roethlisberger
Ben Roethlisberger already has delivered in the clutch in a Super Bowl. Also, his game is more conducive to what you want from a quarterback under such circumstances. By nature, he is constantly looking to buy extra time, move around and make the sort of plays that must be made when the pressure -- of the situation and from the opposing defense -- is at its greatest. His mindset is to constantly fight and find a way to win, which is exactly what is needed to be successful in this scenario.

Charles Davis: Roethlisberger
Big Ben for the simple fact that hes done it already, and on the NFLs biggest stage. Who will ever forget how he took Pittsburgh on the game-winning drive against Arizona after struggling to move the ball most of the second half? It was a drive, and a throw, for the ages. Aaron Rodgers is more than capable, but Roethlisberger has the hardware to prove that hes been there, done that.

Elliot Harrison: Roethlisberger
Roethlisberger has shown time and again that he can be a clutch player. I also trust Pittsburgh's defense more, which would make it harder on Rodgers. Both guys are excellent out of the pocket, but Roethlisberger reminds me a little of a young John Elway -- when the play breaks down, he plays his best. A lot of times two-minute situations come down to who can play streetball better, and Roethlisberger is probably the best in the league at that.

Pat Kirwan: Roethlisberger
This season, Roethlisberger has more experience playing from behind in the fourth quarter, completing 102 of 165 passes with seven touchdowns and three interceptions. Rodgers completed 64 of 103 passes with four TDs and three picks. Rodgers has been impressive in his limited postseason experience, never throwing an interception when losing or in the fourth quarter. Roethlisberger has much more postseason experience and has thrown 10 touchdowns with his team trailing. Roethlisberger's drive to beat the Cardinals in his last Super Bowl appearance gives him a slight edge.

Jason La Canfora: Roethlisberger
Roethlisberger is one of the greatest playmakers in NFL history. Period. Regardless of position. Third-and-19 against one of the top defenses in the league with the game on the line? No problem. He'll get it done. He has loads of Super Bowl experience and you just can't knock him down when the game is on the line. Rodgers has been one of the best red-zone quarterbacks eve

Michael Lombardi: Roethlisberger
Some players shy from pressure, some relish it. Ben Roethlisberger embraces the pressure, doing his best work when the game is in the balance. The two-minute drill is never predictable; when the scripted play breaks down, Roethlisberger is the best, more times than not making something out of nothing. The Steelers believe in their quarterback and they want the ball in his hands when the game is on the line. Just ask the Jets.

Solomon Wilcots: Roethlisberger
Ill take Roethlisberger, simply because hes been there before. Not only did he do it against the Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII, but he did it last year in a Week 15 win over the Packers, with a touchdown pass on the final play of the game.

Steve Wyche: Roethlisberger
With two minutes to go and down by a score, it's Ben Roethlisberger all day. I would take Roethlisberger over just about any other quarterback in the NFL, let alone Aaron Rodgers. Roethlisberger's clutch play is why I consider him to be among the best players in the NFL. He might not put up fantasy stats, but he puts up big play after big play for his team in the final seconds. There are a lot of quarterbacks who can throw for 400 yards and three touchdowns a game. Only three -- Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Roethlisberger -- can go 6-of-7 and drive a team 80 yards for a touchdown in the final two minutes without breaking a sweat.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e0dadb/article/which-qb-would-you-rather-have-with-game-on-the-line?campaign=Ext_email_NL0203

:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2011, 10:33 PM
No question about it, you want Ben. He's got the experience in every situation to come back. He knows what to do, how to do it, and how to say poised as the precious seconds tick off the clock with the game on the line.

Goodfrom55
02-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Ben without question - been there done that.

Call it a conspiracy theory, but I do not believe Rodgers is 100%. After Julius Peppers cleaned his clock 2 weeks ago, he was not the same QB. Already having 2 concussions this season, once you get one concussion, they occur more frequently. One or Two good hits from Woody or Harrison, and his day might be done. Ben can take the hit, Rodgers can't . . Ben in the clutch all the way.

acero
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
this is a no brainer for me

BIG BEN

:tt02:

steelerschick1220
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Ben! All day and every day! I'm getting tired of all the Rodgers love. He's good yeah, but what has he done exactly?????

SteelDad
02-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Rodgers' is everyone's 'all-day sucker' right now and they can't stop licking him. Make no mistake, he's an excellent quarterback, but this is an article that should not even have been written. In his 3 playoff victories, AR has not had to lead a comeback once. As for BR, c'mon, really?

JensK
02-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Big Ben, but not by a stretch tho. Rodgers is amazing when it comes to pressure too, and their WRs are awesome at getting open in those situations too.

LatrobePA
02-04-2011, 10:06 AM
AR will be one of the best if he can stay healthy. The dude is 1 or 2 good shots away from an early retirement..

Ben has nothing to prove, he's been there, done that!

Steel Trap86
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Rodgers is going to win multiple Superbowls imo, but no question I would rather have Big Ben with the game on the line, he's proved it too many times and all he's done since he was drafted is WIN

Rampage
02-04-2011, 12:20 PM
For now, it is definitely Roethlisberger due to his track record of success in the final moments of big games.

I could see Rodgers being looked at like that as well. He has the mechanics of Brady with the escapability of Vick. The only problem I see on Rodgers' horizon is the likelihood of receiving a concussion; it just screams Young to me.

Scorp
02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Big Ben Baby. He's got tons of experience and has been through it all. He's made every spectaular play imaginable. What has buckrodgers done? Nothing. Ben is simply the best and knows what to expect and handles his business like a championship qb only can.

SteelCityKid5
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Gil Brandt: Rodgers
I'm going to take Aaron Rodgers. Give me the quarterback who is most likely to escape and make a play when one is needed. Ben Roethlisberger can escape but is not quick. Next to Michael Vick, there's no quicker quarterback with escape skills than Rodgers.

Did he not just define who Ben is as a player? Gil Brandt is high.

steelersbabex25
02-04-2011, 04:33 PM
I think this board is probably a little biased.

Scorp
02-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I think this board is probably a little biased.

Maybe you all need a :banana: to relax. :yellowthumb:

Phenomenal TJ
02-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Game on the line? Roethlisberger and it's not even close.

No, really it's not close, here's the stats:

Fourth Quarter Comebacks
Roethlisberger: 19
Rodgers: 3

Game Winning Drives:
Roethlisberger: 25
Rodgers: 5

Not. Even. Comparable.

pimplydan
02-05-2011, 07:24 AM
No question about it, you want Ben. He's got the experience in every situation to come back. He knows what to do, how to do it, and how to say poised as the precious seconds tick off the clock with the game on the line.

You are right on the money!!!!

LarryNJ
02-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Game on the line? Roethlisberger and it's not even close.

No, really it's not close, here's the stats:

Fourth Quarter Comebacks
Roethlisberger: 19
Rodgers: 3

Game Winning Drives:
Roethlisberger: 25
Rodgers: 5

Not. Even. Comparable.

That tells it all.

No doubt Rodgers is a talented player and much better than than last 2 qb's we played in the playoffs. You can certainly make an argument that he is in the top 5 in the league, and probably has a bright future. But with the game on the line in 2011 there's no comparison. Ben all the way.

steelersbabex25
02-05-2011, 03:37 PM
On ESPN yesterday they have a stat that was something like the Steelers are 6-2 in games decided by 6 or less points this year and the Packers are 3-6. I think we all know who we can attribute those 6 wins for the Steelers to..

86WARD
02-05-2011, 06:52 PM
All favoritisms aside. I'd take Ben over everyone in the league except for maybe Brady.

Scorp
02-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Big Ben is the peolpe's choice and our champion. He's everything other qb's are not.

Phenomenal TJ
02-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Not to mention Ben's got the Packers number in the final two minutes. 500+ yards and a killer throw to Wallace to seal it, lol.

Farrior Fan
02-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I think Vic Carruso nailed it "His mindset is to constantly fight and find a way to win, which is exactly what is needed to be successful in this scenario."

Here is another good story about Ben and how he reacts to clutch situations http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface091009

Black@Gold Forever32
02-05-2011, 11:05 PM
People don't you know that Aaron Rodgers is the greatest NFL player ever......Not just the greatest QB but the greatest player ever....he can beat the Steelers all by himself tomorrow......lol

Rodgers is damn good and I won't deny that.....But I'll take Big Ben all day every day over any other QB....Somebody pointed out the 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives which proves Ben is the QB you want when the game is on the line...

Games decided by four points or less the great Aaron Rodgers is 2-13.....Wow so impressive....lol Stop Rodgers on first and 2nd down is key....His numbers are off the charts on those downs....He isn't as good as Ben on third downs......Were Ben's numbers are though the roof on third down.....

steelerschick1220
02-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Ben is just amazing when the game is on the line. At this point, I wouldn't take any other QB in the league over Ben. I am so glad he's our guy.

Phenomenal TJ
02-05-2011, 11:59 PM
I hear Rodgers is 10 feet tall and shoots lightning bolts from his ***.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-06-2011, 12:03 AM
I hear Rodgers is 10 feet tall and shoots lightning bolts from his ***.

:lol:......funny **** man

Scorp
02-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Give me Ben.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Ben will shine today, the culmination of this entire season and the support of his teammates will help pull out the big plays he has to.

Rampage
02-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Ben will shine today, the culmination of this entire season and the support of his teammates will help pull out the big plays he has to.

My bold prediction: Third time's the charm. Third time's the charm for Ben to earn the Super Bowl MVP award. Third time's the charm for Polamalu to make a huge play.

Time for these two to show the country how well they can play on the big stage.

SteelerDave74
02-06-2011, 05:12 PM
BB without a doubt. No questions needed. CASE CLOSED!!!