PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Free Agents Thread

Blitzburgh55
01-01-2007, 08:43 PM
:dunno: Who is a FA this year and do you think we will be going after anyone

K Train
01-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Starks is one of our big ones this year, i think he will resign pretty cheap to stay with us, but someone might give him a big offer.....personally i think hes to inconsistant for big money

Blitzburgh55
01-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Starks is one of our big ones this year, i think he will resign pretty cheap to stay with us, but someone might give him a big offer.....personally i think hes to inconsistant for big money

I hate Starks he sucks i could care less if he leaves:2cents:

AZ_Steeler
01-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Here is a pretty good site with all the FA info you could possibly dream of: http://www.steelersalarycap.com/default.aspx

Plus here is how the Steelers look for 2007: http://www.steelersalarycap.com/articles/2007Steelers.htm

Troyisabeast_43
01-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Id love to seem them go after Michael Turner the backup running back to LT in San Diego but he is going to command big bucks and probably want to go somewhere and start. He would be a perfect fit for the big back substitution role for Willie Parker, and the plus the guy is a helluva good special teams player and can return kickoffs very consistently. Id also look at bringing in maybe a cornerback possibly a guy like Samuel from the Pats or Clements from the Bills. Im sure both will costs some money but the Steelers need to address some of these areas either in free agency or the draft if there going to get back to the Super Bowl. Offensive line and pass rushing linebacker is another two areas they can sure up as well. As far as Im concerned James Harrison stamped Joey Porter's ticket out of here on Sunday with that performance he has on Sunday starting for Haggans in Cincy. Just like it was time to finally get Brett Kiesel on the field in a starting role, its time to do the same thing with James Harrison. He has paid his dues and its just time for him to be starting on this defense, and say goodbye to Joey Porter.

K Train
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
i think porter stays, we keep harrison, he gets more playing time. I think we draft OLB or MLB to get someone to groom for farriors replacement. (Harrsion was a vicious MLB when he started for farrior last year, hes just a good all around LB). Ive said before Turner would be a amazing addition, but its doubtful, but he would get touches in games. Samuel....eh, im not a big fan of patriot scum in pittsburgh....

SteelerFan87
01-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't think we need to get a FA CB. If we're going to get a FA short yardage back, Mike Alstot could be a good choice. I'd like to get a FA LB, maybe Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas, and we definitely need to draft a LB or 2, and I'd like to draft a good power RB, like Brian Leonard or perhaps Ian Johnson who looked very good in the Fiesta Bowl.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Last I heard Alstot was thinking retirement

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Alstot is an old washup has-been. No thank you. Duckett? NO THANK YOU, CUT THE RUMOR MILL. We are going in the draft to find another Back. FA wise, I think some of these guys are going to command way too much to the Steelers price. I don't know what names the Steelers are interested in on the Market.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I agree HOS, Allstott's best years are behind him, he's too old and banged up to consider. I like Ktrains way of thinking with our LB's. We need most of our help in the middle, so hopefully between some draft picks and Rian Wallace stepping up we can get some more push out of them. Haggans seems to be the odd man out right now if you ask me. Harrison and Porter could be a beastly combo for us.

Starks needs to stay. He'll be fine, but we do need more depth at OL with potential players like Okobi and Chris K getting more playing time.

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 07:53 PM
You know something Matt, You should be considered as one of the candidate for the Head Coaching job in Pittsburgh, have me as your assistant Head Coach. You are right on the money with the strategy. Chris K, Starks, Okobi, Essex, and the others need more playing time to fit themselves into this system and become the future of the Steelers. You took the words right out of my mouth.

K Train
01-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Whos the best center in the draft this year...Kalil? I wish Mangold slipped to the second last year

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Mangold was it last year, damn, how did he do in New York? I don't know much about the Center crop in this year's draft.

K Train
01-02-2007, 08:53 PM
BTW if Harrsion took Hagans job and porter stayed, Haggans is what we would call a great backup because hes still productive.

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Yes you are right, TRAIN. Haggans is a good backup to the corp.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2007, 09:00 PM
You know something Matt, You should be considered as one of the candidate for the Head Coaching job in Pittsburgh, have me as your assistant Head Coach. You are right on the money with the strategy. Chris K, Starks, Okobi, Essex, and the others need more playing time to fit themselves into this system and become the future of the Steelers. You took the words right out of my mouth.

You're hired ! :bigthumb:

I'd love to have Haggans as a backup, if nothing else it would really help the competition in training camp to have everyone fighting for their job.

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 09:56 PM
You realize also, it would light a fire in everyone to get that competitive 110% Kick *** mode in gear for Training Camp. Everybody would be on full Cylinders fighting for their spot on the roster. I would start every season with the slate wiped clean.

DIESELMAN
01-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Whos the best center in the draft this year...Kalil? I wish Mangold slipped to the second last year

Kalil is better off with the Broncos and their small, quick OL. Theres not to much to choose from for C's.

Chris K, Starks, Okobi, Essex, and the others need more playing time to fit themselves into this system and become the future of the Steelers.

Don't forget Colon, hes looking like hes coming into his own on the line.