PDA

View Full Version : Why do you really want 7?

steelchamp204
02-02-2011, 12:28 PM
I think after these past couple weeks, Hearing all this talk about Ben still not elite, all this talk about rodgers, Bens qb rating blah blah blah, I think this superbowl win would make me happy as hell so

All the haters can stfu about Ben once and for all. You cant knock a guy with 3 sb's

you guys?

MattyVfromCT
02-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I think after these past couple weeks, Hearing all this talk about Ben still not elite, all this talk about rodgers, Bens qb rating blah blah blah, I think this superbowl win would make me happy as hell so

All the haters can stfu about Ben once and for all. You cant knock a guy with 3 sb's

you guys?

For all the reasons you stated plus the fact I want to further distance ourselves from the cowboys, 49ers, patriots, etc. I've taken a lot of **** since I was a kid about being a Steeler fan. Been a fan since 94 when I was 9 and I've dealt with a lot of bigmouthed cowboys and 49ers fans for years about them having 1 more super bowl than us (til 05 that is lol). All id hear is playoff chokers this and were better that, you guys suck this and were the best that. Of course these same clowns stopped caring about their teams when they started to suck. I have 2 friends who are cryboy fans for friends who didn't even know that Emmit smith was a cardinal for christ sake. Then of course there are the arrogant sack of **** new england fans I deal with on a daily basis who didn't know what pro football was before 2001 and I've lived in Connecticut my whole life. Believe me in my region, patriot fans were very scarce despite this being new england. Idiots who showed absolutely no respect for any other dynasty in nfl history. Making stupid statements like "the 2000s pats would kill the 90s cowboys, 80s 49ers, and 70s steelers", "we are the best team ever cuz there's a salary cap", "belichick is the best coach ever", "the Lombardi should be renamed after belichick", "brady is the best qb ever", "the steelers aren't half the franchise new england is", etc. Us winning number 7 would be a nice exclamation point on the fact that we are THE best franchise, PERIOD! And to win it in dallas and have that crybaby roger staubach hand us that trophy would be the ultimate **** you to jerry jones and anyone to ever have anything to do with the cowgirls past or present, fans, players, coaches, executives, etc. Especially after staubach picking Arizona to beat us 2 years ago because we quote "don't deserve to have more titles than Americas team". Arrogant douche. He had his chances and choked twice. I just really want us to win to stick it to everyone who hates us, doubts us, etc. Fans, media, etc who bashed us and wrote us off after last year and the offseason drama, goodell for being the biggest douchebag to ever work for the nfl, ray Andersen, and all the haters. Winning #7 would be the ultimate **** you, spit in the face, kick in the balls to everyone who hates us

SteelDad
02-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Good post MattyV.:plus1:

I think that your comments regarding distance over Cowboys, Niners, Skins etc is well taken and I believe one of the forgotten aspects of this game is that GB would pull within 2 of us with a victory. Win or lose, I don't think this will be Rodgers last Super Bowl rodeo. They are one of the younger teams in the league.

NHStlrfan
02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
The shear desire to rule the NFL world now and forever more! Ask me why do I want 8 or 9 or 10. How about back to back to back!? Same reason every time! There's always room for at least one more title and as long as the NFL plays I want the Steelers to win the Super Bowl that year! As soon as this one's in the books and on it's way to the Burgh, I'll start looking for the next one again!

cmerrifield
02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I want to win this one because I want my 6-month old daughter's first SB to be a Steelers win. I was born on SB Sunday and thats how I became a Steelers fan. Turns out I was off by one year and should be a Dallas fan, but by the time I realized it, it was too late. So, the main reason is my daughter's 1st.

SteelCityKid5
02-02-2011, 01:54 PM
For the organization, the fans, the city, Ben, Hines, Flozell, all the guys who dont have one on our team... Im basically greedy

stratocaster68
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
For the same reason to want 8, 9, 10, .... I want them all.
BD

SteelerDave74
02-02-2011, 02:17 PM
For the same reason to want 8, 9, 10, .... I want them all.
BD

:yellowthumb::yellowthumb: Exactly my point.

K Train
02-02-2011, 02:18 PM
1 Cause i get to watch it with eagles fans
2 Flozell Adams
3 Ben, Harrison, and Goodell
4 Mendenhall didnt get to play in the last one
5 The rookies and 2nd year players....especially the receivers and pouncey, but hood too after the way hes been playing the last few weeks
6 Cause its in Dallas (or arlington)
7 Cause getting 6 for superbowl supremacy was so sweet....widening the gap HAS to be amazing
8 Cause this is the best team the steelers have played in the superbowl and i kinda like the packers and its a brilliant matchup really

steelersbabex25
02-02-2011, 02:48 PM
This is kind of off topic, but I liked Tomlin's comment yesterday at Media Day. He was asked how it felt to be in his 2nd Superbowl in 4 years, and he replied that he wasn't sure why it wasn't his 4th Superbowl in 4 years. As a member of the team and as a member of the fanbase, you're always going to be hungry for another Superbowl.

Oh, and I want to see Roger Goodell gravel at his knees.

Callax
02-02-2011, 02:59 PM
For all the reasons you stated plus the fact I want to further distance ourselves from the cowboys, 49ers, patriots, etc. I've taken a lot of **** since I was a kid about being a Steeler fan. Been a fan since 94 when I was 9 and I've dealt with a lot of bigmouthed cowboys and 49ers fans for years about them having 1 more super bowl than us (til 05 that is lol). All id hear is playoff chokers this and were better that, you guys suck this and were the best that. Of course these same clowns stopped caring about their teams when they started to suck. I have 2 friends who are cryboy fans for friends who didn't even know that Emmit smith was a cardinal for christ sake. Then of course there are the arrogant sack of **** new england fans I deal with on a daily basis who didn't know what pro football was before 2001 and I've lived in Connecticut my whole life. Believe me in my region, patriot fans were very scarce despite this being new england. Idiots who showed absolutely no respect for any other dynasty in nfl history. Making stupid statements like "the 2000s pats would kill the 90s cowboys, 80s 49ers, and 70s steelers", "we are the best team ever cuz there's a salary cap", "belichick is the best coach ever", "the Lombardi should be renamed after belichick", "brady is the best qb ever", "the steelers aren't half the franchise new england is", etc. Us winning number 7 would be a nice exclamation point on the fact that we are THE best franchise, PERIOD! And to win it in dallas and have that crybaby roger staubach hand us that trophy would be the ultimate **** you to jerry jones and anyone to ever have anything to do with the cowgirls past or present, fans, players, coaches, executives, etc. Especially after staubach picking Arizona to beat us 2 years ago because we quote "don't deserve to have more titles than Americas team". Arrogant douche. He had his chances and choked twice. I just really want us to win to stick it to everyone who hates us, doubts us, etc. Fans, media, etc who bashed us and wrote us off after last year and the offseason drama, goodell for being the biggest douchebag to ever work for the nfl, ray Andersen, and all the haters. Winning #7 would be the ultimate **** you, spit in the face, kick in the balls to everyone who hates us

We don't deserve to have more titles than America's Team???? My Dear SIR,

WE ARE AMERICA'S TEAM

bensshoes
02-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Good post MattyV.:plus1:

I think that your comments regarding distance over Cowboys, Niners, Skins etc is well taken and I believe one of the forgotten aspects of this game is that GB would pull within 2 of us with a victory. Win or lose, I don't think this will be Rodgers last Super Bowl rodeo. They are one of the younger teams in the league.

so well beat them Sunday and in the future as well:bunny:

mwittman5
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
1. for Ben, nothing like redemption
2. Flozell, nothing like going out on top
3. after all the crap the steelers had to go thru, bens suspension, fines, injuries, this would be the most satisfying of the 2 superbowls I've seen.
4. to lighten up the Ben isn't elite talk

SteelDad
02-02-2011, 04:25 PM
I also think 7 Lombardi's would look cooler than 6.

Clevelandsux
02-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Because of all the haters, I want this one for bigben and because i friggin hate roger goodell and all these loser clowns fans here in Ohio!

Are we supposed to be greedy because we want to win? Hell no!!! I want to win for all the reasons people don't want us too.

hit 'n run
02-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes - Yes - YES -->> Everyone of you - Your reasons and comments for SEVEN - You are ALL right on target...

STEELERS RULE FOREVER!

P.S.
Goodell spits in the shower... Can't wait to see his face all RED, and steam coming out of his JEALOUS ears. Boo Hoo,,,

Rampage
02-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Because this is going to be a damn good game with two damn good teams and I want to see the Steelers walking away the first and best damn team to reach seven and repeat for eight.

MDSteel15
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
How about to just shut up all the disbelievers!!! :bunny: :banana: :greenbounce2: :bunny:

Scorp
02-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Damn, i guess you guys have it worse than i do. Nobody out here really tells me anything. Californians know what franchise matters most, and it sure as hell ain't the Raiders, 49ers, or Chargers. Fans of other teams will always be jealous cause they were raised that way or it is genetics. Either way, they don't know better, cause their team is not better.

I disliked Ben after his second allegation. He sure made a believer out of me. When he said he wants to be the leader this team deserves i watched with close eyes. As a faithful fan of the Steelers, i'm so proud our team and what they have accomplished this season. Every season. But you love it more when they get to the big game. I wouldn't trade Ben for a young, prime Bradshaw, Staubach, Montana, Dawson, Stabler, Favre, Unitas etc. etc. Our qb is going to do great things for Pittsburgh and the entire Steeler Nation. He's the guy i would always pick if there were 2 mins. left in the 4th and we're down 6. I would pick him to lead a sweet 4th qtr comeback and to start any game. I want 7 on my team above all else. You can kick my nuts over and over. You can throw me off a bridge and i would still pick 7.

steelersbabex25
02-02-2011, 07:10 PM
I also think 7 Lombardi's would look cooler than 6.

I also like the phrase "number 7 in 2011."

coach
02-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Because we can.

Farrior Fan
02-02-2011, 07:32 PM
because anytime we lose I am bummed until we win again. I don't want to be bummed until September...at the earliest.

And I can tell all my Redskin cheering friends "oh look we have 2x as many Lombardis as you, and oh look heres another one."

jnes1216
02-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I thought the players and coaches fought their hearts out this year and they deserve it. And I love them for it :tt02::tt02:

mos07
02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Because I am still not over the SBXXX loss to the Cowboys.......I am getting too old to have another SB on my conscience for another 15 years, plus how nice would it be to exercise those demons in Big D?!!?

steelerschick1220
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Because 7 is more then 6.

Because this team has earned and deserves it.

Because I want to see Goodell's look of discomfort as he stands next to Harrison and Ben on the podium.

And just because I want to able to brag about my team having seven trophies.....lol.

chisteeler
02-03-2011, 12:34 AM
I want number 7 because I grew up watching the Steelers. My grandfather and father raised me to be a Pittsburgh fan, even though I grew up in Southeast Ohio. Their argument was that it was quicker to go to Pittsburgh rather than go 3 hours to Cleveland or 4 hours to Cincinnati. But they always enforced the tradition of winning and being part of a "blue collar" work ethic, which is why they pulled for the Steelers. My father was a coal miner and my grandfather was a bar owner, so my fate was sealed! Anyway, I am 40 years old and have witnessed, or have at least lived for all of the Steelers super bowl appearances and wins and have loved every minute of it.
My basement is dedicated to all Steelers decor. But what pleases me most is that my only son was born 4 years ago in Chicago and I brought him home in a Steelers outfit and immediately took a picture for the basement (8x10). I have since keep that tradition of taking a picture together on opening day and a picture of us together when they go to the super bowl. My basement is the room that I've always wanted, not only because I'm a Steelers fan, but because I get to pass on a wonderful tradition to my son. Plus he can say that he was alive when the Steelers won several super bowls. He always says to me when he sees the game on TV, that "We like the Steelers and the other guys are the bad guys, right Poppie." And I of course say, "Yes, we love the Steelers!"
My hope is that my son will carry on this tradition and love for the Steelers as I have since I was a child...that's why I want them to win #7.

Phenomenal TJ
02-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Because the team deserves it. After all the crap they've gone through in the off-season and season in general. All the off field stuff, they still found a way to come together and put together one hell of a run.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-03-2011, 02:47 AM
With all the BS this team has encountered this year by suspensions, fines, the injuries they had to over come are the main reasons since I think this team deserves it so much....

Plus would love to see Fuhrer Goodell hand the Lombardi to The Rapist Big Ben and James Harrison The Evil QB Killer since we all know Fuhrer would hate it so much.....I'm willing to bet Goodell is thinking about fining the Packers if they don't win the Super Bowl.......

Flozell Adams since he deserves a ring and has been a solid addition to the OL all year.......

Seeing the Steelers win the Super Bowl is just awesome....I hope to see the Pirates win the World Series before I die but I'm not counting on it.....lol

LarryNJ
02-03-2011, 05:08 AM
My top ten list!

10: It's in Dallas.

9: Past to Present: Bradshaw presenting the trophy.

8. Flozell getting one after all his years in Dallas

7. It should seal the deal for Hines ticket to the HOF

6. I'll be happy for Harrison after all he's been through this year.

7. It will motivate the Pens to get the key player or 2 they need to win it all again.

6. The people of Baltimore, Cleveland and Cincinnati will be proud to be in the same division as the SB Champs. :yesnod:

5. The young guys who have been such a big part of this team. Hood, Legursky, Pouncey, Reedman, Mendanhall, Sanders, Wallace, Brown..They are a great bunch and our future.

4. Da beard will get some commercial deals.

3. For Ben, I believe it's obvious that he's a different person, a better person and one of the biggest reasons we made it here.

2. Mike Tomlin, I loved the hire since day one 4 years ago. I wouldn't have to hear the he had Cowher's team BS ever again.

1. For my kids. It's becoming a tradition for us to watch the Steelers playoff and SB games at a Steelers bar in Philly. We are now 5-0 when we're there. We are even bringing some of their Philly fans friends this week. It's a great time and something that I'm sure they will not only remember but talk about for the rest of their lives. In 30 years from now I can see them watching the Steelers with their kids telling them about how they used to go into to Philly for the playoff games with hundreds of Steelers fans. And their Dad who was always anti rap would actually sing a rap song. :yellowthumb: It's my small part in planting the seeds to grow the Steeler nation.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2011, 12:36 PM
The shear desire to rule the NFL world now and forever more! Ask me why do I want 8 or 9 or 10. How about back to back to back!? Same reason every time! There's always room for at least one more title and as long as the NFL plays I want the Steelers to win the Super Bowl that year! As soon as this one's in the books and on it's way to the Burgh, I'll start looking for the next one again!

That's about the long and short of it right there. We want #7 for the same reason we wanted number 6,5,4,3,2 and the 1st one. As long as the Rooney's own this team they'll make smart decisions to keep the team competitive. As long as they hire smart coaches like Tomlin and they keep a smart front office to bring in good draftees then every year our goal should be and will be the same.

You don't win it every year, it's impossible but if we win this one then you start to look ahead to the possibilities of another.

This one though would be alittle extra special just to stick it to Goodell and the NFL front offices that have done their best to try and break the will of this team in 2010.

Scorp
02-03-2011, 01:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6080534

Even if Ben Roethlisberger wins a third Super Bowl, the Hall of Fame isn't a lock

ARLINGTON, Texas -- When it comes to the Hall of Fame, three or more championships is the magic number for NFL quarterbacks.

It paved the road to Canton for Dallas Cowboys great Troy Aikman, whose three Super Bowl wins in the 1990s marked one of the NFL's most recent dynasties.

Joe Montana of the San Francisco 49ers and Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw became legends with four titles. In today's group, quarterback Tom Brady of the New England Patriots is a lock for the Hall of Fame after winning three championships.

Could three rings do the same for Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger?

Just seven seasons in, it's officially time to open the Hall of Fame discussion for Pittsburgh's franchise quarterback. At 28, Roethlisberger has a chance to go 3-0 in Super Bowls on Sunday when the Steelers play the Green Bay Packers at Cowboys Stadium.

With the exception of Brady, who is still playing, every starting quarterback who's won at least three Super Bowls has been inducted into the Hall of Fame. Although not as conventional a player as Brady, Roethlisberger has a chance to put his name in that elite category Sunday.

ESPN.com's AFC North blog surveyed Hall of Fame voters during Super Bowl week to get a feel for Roethlisberger's candidacy and where it would stand if he leads Pittsburgh to a third championship.

"If you ask me if Roethlisberger deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, I would say without a doubt," said veteran NFL writer John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. "To me, Ben doesn't have to win a third ring. But if Ben wins [Sunday], that's all that matters for a quarterback. I can't imagine there would be any hesitation."

Opinions varied from those who will eventually make the final decision.

"There's too much of a rush to judgment, not only with the Hall of Fame but with the whole world where everything that's the latest becomes the greatest," explained longtime Hall of Fame voter Ira Miller. "But the first question I always ask is, 'Can you write the history of the game without this player?' Then the second thing is, let's put him in perspective among the quarterbacks of his era.

"Is Ben the best quarterback of his era? No. Is he the second best? No. Is he the third? Maybe. He's had a nice career so far. Maybe he will win two more Super Bowls, but we don't know that."

There's no question Roethlisberger will present an interesting case for the Hall of Fame committee when he becomes eligible five years after he retires. He's a quarterback who's put up less-than-gaudy numbers in the high-flying age of fantasy football.

Roethlisberger has never led the NFL in passing yards or touchdowns. He admits he probably will never win an MVP award. But Roethlisberger also has never had a losing season and has been to four AFC title games and three Super Bowls.

Roethlisberger's playoff record is 10-2, which is a higher winning percentage than both Brady (14-5) and Peyton Manning (9-10), who are considered Hall of Fame locks from today's group of quarterbacks.

In fact, the trio's dominance has been astounding. In the past eight Super Bowls, the AFC has been represented by either Brady, Manning or Roethlisberger. No one else has had a chance to even compete in the big game. In contrast, the NFC has been represented by eight teams and eight different quarterbacks over the same span (Brad Johnson, Jake Delhomme, Donovan McNabb, Matt Hasselbeck, Rex Grossman, Eli Manning, Kurt Warner and Drew Brees).

"It drives [Steelers] Coach [Mike] Tomlin crazy, because he wants me to put myself in that category," Roethlisberger said of joining Brady and Peyton Manning. "But, I don't know, I guess I like being the hunter, not the hunted."

The biggest case against Roethlisberger's Hall of Fame candidacy appears to be longevity. Seven seasons present an unfinished résumé.

"When I'm looking at Hall of Fame guys, I'm looking at whether he's one of the best at his position over an extended period of time and does he have longevity," said former receiver James Lofton, who played 16 seasons and was inducted in the Hall of Fame in 2003. "It's obviously a great start, but Ben has a lot of football left to play. I think he could play a minimum of 12 years."

Although there are exceptions -- such as Gale Sayers, Dwight Stephenson and Doak Walker -- most enshrinees have had long careers that spanned at least a decade. But Roethlisberger is winning big right away, which has prompted this early discussion.

"If Roethlisberger gets his third ring, he's on pace, just like in the case of Troy Aikman," Hall of Fame voter and ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton said. "He's obviously a difference-maker. At the same time, he's not there yet. He's still 28 and longevity is very important."

Roethlisberger's recent off-the-field issues bring up another interesting debate. He has been accused of sexual assault twice in the past two years, and although never convicted of a crime, Roethlisberger was suspended four games this season for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Several voters brought up the case of former Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor, who has repeatedly run into legal issues but was a first-ballot Hall of Famer as one of the greatest linebackers of all time.

"Remember, our bylaws say only what happens on the field counts," McClain said.

But voters on the committee are human, after all, and it may weigh in the back of some people's minds.

"The Roethlisberger situation is a bit tricky," said Hall of Fame voter Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer. "Yes, he could have three rings, but he wasn't great in Super Bowl XL. (Roethlisberger was 9-for-21 for 123 yards and threw two picks.) And even though the off-field stuff is not supposed to enter into the conversation, it definitely is going to be the white elephant in the room."

Roethlisberger chose to wear jersey No. 7 because one of his favorite players growing up was Denver Broncos Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway. It's fitting because Elway, in many ways, was Roethlisberger before Roethlisberger.

Elway never had the prettiest or most conventional style of quarterbacking. In terms of numbers, his career passer rating was a modest 79.9. But Elway was one of the most clutch players ever and managed to win two Super Bowls and five AFC title games.

Although his book is unfinished, Roethlisberger is building a similar case for the Hall of Fame and can add another storied chapter Sunday against Green Bay.

"I think Ben Roethlisberger is well on his way to having a Hall of Fame career. If he plays a leading role in winning this Super Bowl, he's that much closer," said Hall of Fame voter and ESPN.com NFC West blogger Mike Sando. "But I think the legacy is still pending and there's a reason we wait. There's a reason we don’t vote players in right after they retire, let alone while they're still playing. I think this will be best judged when he's finished playing and we've had five years to figure it out.

"So far, though, so good."

NHStlrfan
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
This one though would be alittle extra special just to stick it to Goodell and the NFL front offices that have done their best to try and break the will of this team in 2010.

Just like the Nazi's bombing London, don't they know the more they attack the greater the resolve! Keep the attacks up Roger!!!!!

Speeed
02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
I want to win this one because I want my 6-month old daughter's first SB to be a Steelers win. I was born on SB Sunday and thats how I became a Steelers fan. Turns out I was off by one year and should be a Dallas fan, but by the time I realized it, it was too late. So, the main reason is my daughter's 1st.

My youngest daughter's first Super Bowl was a Steelers win! She was about a month old and just turned 5 last month!

Woodson_DownUnder
02-03-2011, 07:39 PM

Unfortunately your daughter can't have any re-collections of this SB. It's just yours to celebrate. Make no mistake. I've been a bona fide Steelers fan since the 1989 and can only dare to claim 2 NFL titles since. I was oblivious to the 70's dynasty so no point claiming something I haven't lived thru. That's my take. Nothing wrong with being knowledgable about the past but 'celebrating the actual victory at the time' is what makes following the team worthwhile.

--- Added 2/3/2011 at 06:39 PM ---

My youngest daughter's first Super Bowl was a Steelers win! She was about a month old and just turned 5 last month!

I'm sure she has a impeccable memory to recall the big plays from XL. :thinking: :nahnah:

Speeed
02-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm sure she has a impeccable memory to recall the big plays from XL. :thinking: :nahnah:

She does not, but we have some great pictures of that day that we can share as she grows up. She is now 5 and a Steelers fan. Maybe by environment, but not by force. She is free to make her own choices.

We will continue to enjoy the pictures and talk about that day. I would do it all over again. That made the win even more special for me. She will remember this one, that is for sure!