PDA

View Full Version : Draft Pick = #15

PITT23
01-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Looking towards April, the Stillers have the #15 pick in the draft:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2715578

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Yep that's about where we all figured.. between 13 and 17 or so. We should be able to get a real solid player with that pick. That's about where we picked up Troy Polamalu if I remember it right after we traded up to get him.

Blitzburgh55
01-01-2007, 09:46 PM
What Postion do you think the steelers will go after

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Linebacker or Offensive line

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 10:07 PM
We need an Offensive Lineman for sure, but what would happen if a good Power Back would come and fall into place? We got a nice little problem drafting at 15. There is going to a good crop of players available at that point.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 10:11 PM
No way the Steelers go RB in the first round, I'd bet money on it. I'd look for LB or OL as Philly mentioned.

DIESELMAN
01-01-2007, 10:13 PM
OL or OLB......good spot lots of choices.....FO better do their homework especially when Cowher leaves.

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, I know, TG, they will get a OLB or a DB in the first round.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 10:19 PM
:lol: , guess again, I wouldnt look for them to go DB in the first round either. They still feel Ike can rebound, McFadden is the future, Troy and Anthony Smith will be a great tandem. Ryan Clark is as solid as they come at safety, and Tyrone Carter has potential. I do think they may go DB on the first day though, since Deshea had a down year this year, maybe in the 3rd round?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Hey you imrove the pass rush that improves the secondary. I do think the Steelers will address the corner spot in this draft. There isn't alot of corners on the depth chart. Especially if Colclough isn't back.

But I would think OLB and Oline would be the first spots looked at and they should be. But with Dwayne Jarrett's big Rose Bowl game today I wouldn't if Dwayne Jarrett was the Steelers first round pick. This kid is awesome and a WR core of Ward, Holmes and Jarrett the next few years would be scary for defenses. I only suggest Jarret if he is the best player available. I sitll think LB or Oline would be the way to go.

I also wouldn't mind if the Steelers could draft a Richard Seymour type DE. But its tough finding players like that.

K Train
01-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Victor Abirmiri - OLB Notre Dame
Quentin Moses - OLB Georgia
Michael Bush - RB Lousiville
Justin Blalock - OT/OG Texas
Leon Hall - CB Michigan
Ryan Kalil- Center USC
Paul Pozulunsy - MLB PSU

^all people k-train wouldnt mind seeing in black and gold

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 11:53 PM
That's a list all Steeler fans wouldnt mind seeing on the team !

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Oh Hell Yeah!!! I think we might have a good chance of landing one of them prize possessions!!! :greengrin:

AZ_Steeler
01-02-2007, 12:37 PM
This years draft will definitely be interesting especially if the Steelers have a new coaching staff!

Blitzburgh55
01-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE Paul Pozulunsy - MLB PSU
ON THE TEAM

SteelerFan87
01-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't think we need to make CB a high priority right now. Same with the O-line, as bad as it was, these were the same guys that took us to the Super Bowl. I think we can probably get a power back in the 3rd round, and a LB in either the 1st or 2nd. If Jarrett is available in the 1st round, I wouldn't mind picking him, because there are plenty of good LBs, including Pozlusny and HB Blades, who could still be available a little later in the draft. I really don't think we need to go after the top RBs, because most of them aren't the big physical guys we need. We don't need another feature back. Parker is fine in that role. But we need a big guy who can come in and beat up the defense, get the tough yards, and be dependable at the goal line. I think Brian Leonard is a perfect fit, plus, he's very good at catching passes, giving us more versatility even in a running formation. I also liked what I saw from Ian Johnson from Boise State. I don't know how big he is, but he seemed to be very good at breaking tackles.

Koopa
01-02-2007, 08:42 PM
i definitely do not want jarrett, this game is gonna overrate the hell out of him, can you say mike williams??? i rather go oline or olb.....i would love to see blalock in a steelers uniform lol

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I am sorry, but I am with Koopa on this one. We don't need another damn WR. We need OL or Defensive Line help.

K Train
01-02-2007, 09:51 PM
the only way we get a WR is mabey some stud no one knows ablut in the 5-7 rounds.

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Why do we need a Receiver? We got a good corp intact for goodness sakes, how many do you need?

Koopa
01-02-2007, 10:56 PM
well, we might need to look for one down the line in the draft, we don't know if we are gonna get washington back, also, we don't know how reid will rebound from his injury, someone here said it was the same thing that killed duce's career so you never know......also we don't know if we are gonna get wilson back, i hope we don't cause he's been worthless, so maybe in the second day looking at a wr would benefit us pretty good.......also i wouldn't mind seeing walter young play more next year lol

i just don't want a usc wr, cause they haven't done **** in the nfl lol.....even keyshawn, he's pretty damn overrated

DIESELMAN
01-02-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm with you on that Koop.....Maybe the Lions will draft Jarrett..LMFAO!!

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Jarrett is a dick. a TO wannabe in my opinion. If I wanted a WR, I wish we could get TED GINN JR. that kid is a monster on the returns and an amazing catching WR. He is devilish fast. Texas got a nice crop of guys going into the draft.

K Train
01-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Jarrett is amazing, but no....how bout this, what do the lions need....defense, we trade joey to them, along with our 15th pick and we get Johnson....arguably the best WR in years

wishful thinking, but cool to think about

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Calvin Johnson would be a hellish nightmare for any defense to try and contain. LOL.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Washington will be back, he should come fairly cheap so I'd imagine we'll be able to resign him without too much problems. That gives us Ward, Holmes, WAshington, and Reid at this point. If Reid is healing properly then we may take a WR in the draft in a later round for insurance, but don't forget Morey too, he's a WR and our ST demon along with Chidi.

Bears watching though for sure..

Koopa
01-02-2007, 11:39 PM
what do you mean bears watching though for sure???

House of Steel
01-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah really, what Koopa just said!! What are you talking about dude?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Ok spelling police, it meant that the situation "bares or bares" watching.. you know, it wil be interesting to watch. so :nahnah:

Koopa
01-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Ok spelling police, it meant that the situation "bares or bares" watching.. you know, it wil be interesting to watch. so :nahnah:

oh, i wasn't doing it to be a teacher lol.....i thought you were implying something about the chicago bears will being watching what we do lol

House of Steel
01-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Clears Throat, that is exactly what I thought, Koopa. Hey two can play this game, Matt, your next move please? CHECK!

Koopa
01-03-2007, 12:16 AM
anyway, i'll attempt to get this thread back to topic lol

for the first 2 rounds i think we need to get defensive players, maybe a stud olb in the first, and a olb or db in the second, i don't think we really need a db but depth will be nice

in the third probably a lineman for depth.....i didn't get to see the last few games of the season, so i don't know how colon did, the keamutu or wtfever seemed pretty good when he played though, so i really don't think we are hurting at the oline, i think they just need to get their heads out of their asses and play to their potential and play like it was 2005

the fourth round, i read earlier today when i did a search of the forum, i read someone we should get a punter, i agree with that, it's only a 4th rounder, it's not like they ever pan out, at least with a punter, it's a actual need and he'll actually get to play lol

5th round, we should probably get a speedy corner or wr that has a lot of expercince playing special teams just in case willie doesn't heal right

6th and 7th i could care less, they'll just get cut anyway, so it's whatever there, maybe some defensive players that could earn a living being good special team players lol

House of Steel
01-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Nice Plan, Koopa, want to tell the Steelers this one?

SteelerFan87
01-03-2007, 04:18 PM
If we get a CB, he better be tall. I'm sick of watching tall WRs just reach up and catch passes our CBs can't reach.