PDA

View Full Version : The stay in Pittsburgh Whiz thread!!

LatrobePA
01-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Just heard ATL canned Mora, now they are looking to pull Whiz from the burg, I hope we can keep him!!! Either head coach or same position if BC stays...

Iron City South
01-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Whiz needs to go. His game planning and play selection were terrible this year. His inability to make adjustments that play to the weakness of the opposing Defense is frustrating to watch.

Time for some new life to be pumped into this team. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 03:10 PM
No way, keep Whiz in Pittsburgh !! The guy was a great play caller for us last year, he didn't suddenly lose his skills and knowledge just because we had a bad year. Everybody on the team stunk up the joint all year long at some point. When the team is playing well, Whiz's play calling looks like great..when the team plays bad, then everybody wants to call for his head.

I want him to stay in Pittsburgh ! Arthur Blank is a assjack for a boss, Whiz shouldnt even consider it !

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I still have doubts about Whiz. Yes he did very well in 2005 but the Steelers offense was to predictable this year. I think Whiz has to much Bill Cowher in him from an offensive stand point. I love the power running game also. But the Steelers need to not waste the talent of their young franchise QB. So I think trying to find a great offensive minded coach would be smart.

I like the Chargers OC alot.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 03:28 PM
If the whole team wouldnt have struggled this year, then I'd be more apt to point the finger at Whiz, but you can't blame him for the Fumbles, Turnovers, Missed Fieldgoals, missed tackles, bad blocking, and general bad play of the team.

Sure there were times when we all questioned his play calling, but I wonder how much of that was because the team in general stunk, or because BC was too much involved..

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 03:34 PM
If the whole team wouldnt have struggled this year, then I'd be more apt to point the finger at Whiz, but you can't blame him for the Fumbles, Turnovers, Missed Fieldgoals, missed tackles, bad blocking, and general bad play of the team.

Sure there were times when we all questioned his play calling, but I wonder how much of that was because the team in general stunk, or because BC was too much involved..

I don't blame Whiz at all for the turn overs. But at times this year his gameplans were predictable. Look at the two Raven games this year. The Ravens looked like they new what plays were coming and were not fooled at all by the Steelers offense.

True the players have to execute the gameplan. But the offense seemed to predictable. I think missing El and the trick plays for the most part did have some effect.

Now don't get me wrong if Whiz is named head coach I won't jump off a building or anything. I just prefer others over Whiz.

BlitzburghNation
01-01-2007, 03:36 PM
:dunno: Kinda want Whiz to stay,,,,,,,,
heard another post from cbs message board that we are looking at Mike Singletary :dunno:
Whatever the rooney's decide I'll back them either way,,,,,,,:tt02:
Deep down i believe they're gonna hire Russ Grim,,,,,:dunno:
Whoever we get needs to get Heath Miller more involved in the offense and mix up the play calling a little more,we run to much on 1st downs,when our running game is going well i think we should do more play action on 1st downs
Don't get me wrong,I love our running game,but i think it shouldn't be so obvious all the time,,,,,,,,Miller is just not involved enough for me !
Steelers for life :tt02:

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I am pretty obvious they are going to interview Ron Rivera. Michael Singletary is another name, yes. I want Whiz in the BURGH!!! I wouldn't expect anyone else to run that offense like he did. I will give him a break for this season cause mainly 70% of the plays were not his fault. Granted the point being, we was a bit too predictable on many formations. Russ Grimm, I believe, has a very high shot of getting the job. We'll see.

K Train
01-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I have mixed feeling about the whole situation and just wanna win again, at this point im gonna stop analyzing it and just wait

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 03:59 PM
That is very good advice, K. I might just lay back and let the drama pan out.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Well I'm going to talk about it and offer opinions since that is the purpose of a message board. Plus we all have a long wait until the next Steelers game. We have to kill some time.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-01-2007, 04:14 PM
My :2cents: , IF there is a new HC it will be from outside of the organization. Whiz will take a HC position, Grimm will probably be back in some capacity. That's my story and I'm sticking to it !!

LatrobePA
01-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Turnovers killed us not the play calling. Simple as that! But it's looking like he'll be gone!!

AZ_Steeler
01-01-2007, 05:21 PM
I would hate to see Whiz leave, especially if Cowher does retire because we can pretty much count on a "rebuilding" year next season! I personally don't blame him for any of the play calling this year because when it comes down to it he can be easily overturned...

PITT23
01-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I'd bet he really wants to stay here if the HC job opens up but if it doesn't in the next week or two then he might pack his bags for somewhere else.

Blitzburgh55
01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Whiz will stay if cowher retires he will be the HC or else he is gone

LatrobePA
01-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Whiz will stay if cowher retires he will be the HC or else he is gone

Agreed!!:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 08:57 PM
That's probably going to be the case, so don't look for him to go signing with the Falcons right away until he hears what BC is going to do, and what his chances will be of landing the Steelers HC job.