PDA

View Full Version : Denver Bronco killed in drive by

Stairwayto7
01-01-2007, 08:38 AM
DENVER - Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver early Monday morning, police said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. from the scene of the shooting and told him three people had been shot and that Williams had been killed.

Saccomano said he spoke with coach Mike Shanahan and others in the organization.

"Complete shock. We're speechless. It takes words away. A terrible tragedy," Saccomano said.

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said that a little after 2 a.m., the white Hummer limousine that Williams and two others were traveling in was sprayed with bullets from a vehicle that came up along its side. All three people in the limousine were hit. They were taken to area hospitals, where Williams was pronounced dead. The other victims, a male and a female, were not identified. Hours before the shooting, the Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime, eliminating them from the playoff race.

Williams, a second-round pick in the 2005 draft out of Oklahoma State, started nine games as a rookie due to injuries. This season, he took over as the starter for Lenny Walls alongside Champ Bailey, and was second on the team with four interceptions and tied for third with 86 tackles.

On Sunday against the 49ers, he had a sack, a forced fumble, and led the team with seven sacks.

Jackson said police were searching for the suspects and interviewing witnesses.

RIP

DIESELMAN
01-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Wow....senseless.....'RIP'

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 11:21 AM
I was speechless and very shocked when I see this become one of the top stories on AOL this morning. How can someone be so darn evil and vicious to pull a gun on an incident life? This kind of events make me very sick in my stomach to see how violent society has become in the last 10 years. This stuff never existed too much when we was in school. It is a very sad day in the NFL. I extend my heart and condolences to his family and the Denver Broncos Organization.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 11:24 AM
OMG ! I just can't believe it ! This guy was an up and coming player and had his whole life and career ahead of him. Im just speechless right now, what a terrible trajedy :(

Steelersfan
01-01-2007, 11:31 AM
This sucks! What the hell is wrong with people these days? They get bored and just drive up to some vehicle and start shooting! I hope they catch whoever did this and they hang them!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
This is terrible and R.I.P. Darrent Williams. I'm truely shocked and wish the Williams family the best through their time of need.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Man, he played one heck of a game when I saw him against the Steelers in Pittsburgh. may he RIP.

AZ_Steeler
01-01-2007, 01:05 PM
what a senseless act :smh:... Thoughts and prayers to his family :( :pray:

Blitzburgh55
01-01-2007, 02:04 PM
GOD DAMN BENGALS

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM
GOD DAMN BENGALS

:scratch:

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I have a question of concern. What does the NFL do when a player dies for replacement? I am telling you Williams was going to be a dominant corner for the Broncos Secondary and had one heck of a game against us. He is going to be sorely missed around the league. I hate to see another team suffer a tragedy. Believe me, I have a lot of sympathy for the Broncos Organization at this time. I would like to reach out to their fans and know that a Steeler Fan cares about what they are dealing with and all. God Bless the Broncos and the Fans of Denver.

rainman
01-01-2007, 06:26 PM
senseless and sickening. my condolences to the Williams family.
r.i.p. Darrent

PITT23
01-01-2007, 06:43 PM
He was a good player who I actually noticed seemed to be everywhere against the Steelers. This is really sad, RIP.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I have a question of concern. What does the NFL do when a player dies for replacement? I am telling you Williams was going to be a dominant corner for the Broncos Secondary and had one heck of a game against us. He is going to be sorely missed around the league. I hate to see another team suffer a tragedy. Believe me, I have a lot of sympathy for the Broncos Organization at this time. I would like to reach out to their fans and know that a Steeler Fan cares about what they are dealing with and all. God Bless the Broncos and the Fans of Denver.

His contract becomes null and void as far as I know, so they are able to sign someone else in their place.

It's such a terrible thing, to be killed in the prime of your life for no good reason. His family must just be in shock right now, it's just horrible to think about.

PITT23
01-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah and it wasn't like some of these NBA players who go out looking for trouble. He wasn't in the confrontation, he just ended up being hit.

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 09:58 PM
You know these kind of events really rip my heart out. I can't understand how sick some people's minds are to do such a disheartening and evil thing as shooting someone incident. This world is very sick.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah and it wasn't like some of these NBA players who go out looking for trouble. He wasn't in the confrontation, he just ended up being hit.

That's the case so often, just in the wrong place at the wrong time..but damn you hate to see it happen even though it's happening every day all across the country it just never gets any easier.