PDA

View Full Version : Steelers fansí loyalty goes beyond Super Bowls

StlersGuy
01-31-2011, 03:52 PM
PITTSBURGH, Pa. - Proud, tough and resilient. The same adjectives that could describe the Pittsburgh Steelers could also apply to their large and fiercely loyal fan base.

Now the team has rewarded its black-and-gold faithful with a shot at another Super Bowl. Only the Green Bay Packers stand between the Steelers from a seventh title when the tradition-rich teams play in Super Bowl XLV on Feb. 6 in Dallas.

Shuttling between stores for the latest Steelers gear, fans Monday in Pittsburgh's commercial Strip District were still giddy over the 24-19 victory over the New York Jets to win the AFC title.

Read the rest of the Story Here (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=capress-fbn_steelers_super_fans-5748718)

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
I fall into the category of people who left the area in the early 80's. (although I did return n the 90's for 9 years) It is true the sense of Pittsburgh pride that we have passed onto our kids. My only hope is that it doesn't get lost, that they too pass it onto their kids. I'm not so sure that will happen.

StlersGuy
01-31-2011, 04:48 PM
I was born in Pitt in 1976 and we moved to Columbus in 1984 to be closer to my grandma and grandpa. I still to this day live in Columbus only hoping to return to Pitt someday. However just cause I left Pitt in person my heart still lives there and I'm proud to be from Pittsburgh.

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Scorp
01-31-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm not from Pittsburgh, but i am sure damn glad to be a loyal fan. I will always have your back.

SteelerDave74
01-31-2011, 06:59 PM
I used to live in East Liverpool, OH, 45 miles to the W of Pittsburgh, and for 6 years, this was one hotbed for Steelers Fan. I loved it there. Pittsburgh is my heart.

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 07:00 PM
I've never seen her show but this video is priceless. Way to go Ellen and congrats to this lucky fan. Is she excited or what?

http://www.wpxi.com/video/26678367/index.html

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Once a true Steeler fan, always a true Steeler fan. That's what's so great about it, those that lived in Pittsburgh and have moved away just strengthen the Steeler nation wherever they go.

coach
01-31-2011, 08:06 PM
I grew up in NY but the first game I ever saw was a Steelers game. I became an instant Steelers fan, and I've been one ever since, no matter where I lived. A few of my childhood friends were cowgirl fans. Man, did we ever get into it back then. That's why I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
happy this week that we get to go to Dallas and watch JJ cry. Looks good on him, too.

Living in Torornto I have given up my childhood hockey, basketball and baseball teams and follow the local maket.

That will never happen with the Steelers, even though I never lived there.

Longshanks
02-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Amen! My mom's family moved to Ohio from Pittsburgh in the mid-70's. With the environment I was raised in, I might as well have been born there. My mom and grandma get so hyped about the Steelers, they can put any man to shame! To see an 87 year old woman decked out in Steelers gear jump up and start yelling cheers or obscenities (depending on the play!) is a sight to behold. Once a Steeler, always a Steeler!

steelersbabex25
02-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm not from Pittsburgh either. My parents left after they got married and moved here to DC. I always get the, "if you were born here, why aren't you a Steeler fan?" My only response is, "because if I wasn't, my parents would probably disown me."

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Me,old Steelers fan, Son, not so old Steelers fan, Grandsons, new Steelers fans. Resident, Central PA, Pittsburgh early 60s, The World, Australia, USA and Virginia. Span many years and the tradition will live on here through my son and his sons. Not to worry. Oh yeah we live in Redkins country or some NFL team with a injun on their helmet. Occasionally you might see a purple death adder from Bladdamore crawlin thru here. I have proudly carried the Steelers colors every where I have been. Never wavered, never cowered, took the abuse and praise as it came. What an unbelievable ride.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO. YINZ just will never understand it.