PDA

View Full Version : Steelers donning Flozell jerseys as they land in North Texas

Steel Trap86
01-31-2011, 02:35 PM
The Steelers O-line boarded and got off the plane wearing Flozell Adams Michigan St. jerseys. Kind of similar to when they all wore Bettis jerseys in 05. Looks like he's a key player in this game. With Mendenhall playing as well as he is, I'm sure he gets 25-30 carries giving Flo the opportunity to do some damage while opening up the running lanes.

Pouncey

Looks like a Colon sighting on the far right

The Peoples Champ

Rampage
01-31-2011, 02:40 PM
I have a feeling that Adams is going to play the hardest game of his career.

Plays at a mediocre level for the Cowboys for the last couple years and gets released when they feel they are done with him. The Steelers pick up the hotel to play RT and he does not disappoint. After years of playoff impotence in Dallas, Flozell finally makes it to the big dance with the black and gold, and where is Cinderella going to the ball? Dallas. Talk about the perfect opportunity for Adams to grab a ring in the new home of his former team, The Jerry Dome.

steelersbabex25
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
For me, it doesn't really have the same effect as when they did it for Bettis. Obviously it means a lot to Adams, but he's only been on the team for a year. Superbowl XL they won for Bettis. I'm not sure if it feels like they're trying to win this one for Flozell. Either way, it would be great for him to get his first superbowl with the Steelers.

Steel Trap86
01-31-2011, 02:57 PM
For me, it doesn't really have the same effect as when they did it for Bettis. Obviously it means a lot to Adams, but he's only been on the team for a year. Superbowl XL they won for Bettis. I'm not sure if it feels like they're trying to win this one for Flozell. Either way, it would be great for him to get his first superbowl with the Steelers.

Ya no doubt Bettis was bigger, but I don't remember them doing anything like this in 08 so it's the only other tribute we can compare it to.

He used to play in Dallas too.....probably a big part of it lol

cmerrifield
01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Flo is going to play his best game for sure, I feel kinda bad for Clay Matthews, he is going to be hurting after Flo is done with him

LatrobePA
01-31-2011, 03:09 PM
F THEM UP BOYS!!!

K Train
01-31-2011, 03:27 PM

im pretty sure not one player on the steelers had a ring besides russ grimm back then...now 90% have a ring and 80% have 2 rings...i want this for flo pretty bad, hes been a great last second addition for us and has been playing out of his mind

LatrobePA
01-31-2011, 03:30 PM
im pretty sure not one player on the steelers had a ring besides russ grimm back then...now 90% have a ring and 80% have 2 rings...i want this for flo pretty bad, hes been a great last second addition for us and has been playing out of his mind

:yellowthumb: as always, spot on man!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2011, 03:30 PM
I think this is great, I love the solidarity that the teams show for their teammates. This is why Flozell came here, remember he turned down offers from other teams before the Steelers landed him. It's always about the team but any type of rallying attitude never hurts.

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
As a fan it doesn't come close to comparing to Bettis. Didn't the entire team wear his? It does go to show that the team respects and likes him and that's a good thing.

K Train
01-31-2011, 03:34 PM
i think its just offensive linemen wearing them but damn can you imagine flos reaction when he saw that ****.

in dallas, playing in jerrys house at the very very end of his career....its a hell of a story. i like flo alot, i wish he was a steeler during his prime, he just hates everyone....thats awesome

DBR96A
01-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Honestly, I used to make fun of Flozell Adams when he was with Dallas. I remember he used to false-start a lot. During one game a few years ago, he false-started twice in a row, and I told somebody that "Flozell" must be French for "flinch." I wasn't too thrilled when the Steelers signed him, but I understood why, and hoped that maybe being on a more focused and disciplined team could help him become more focused and disciplined. He had a rocky start to the season, and he pissed me off with his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against the Jets (part one), but overall he's been solid at RT, and from his interviews it seems as though he's genuinely happy and thankful to be in Pittsburgh. In short, I've developed a soft spot for Hotel Flozell that I never thought I would. Now let's get him a ring before he retires!

SteelerDave74
01-31-2011, 03:44 PM

Super Post! :tt02:

Steel Trap86
01-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Ya it is the o-line wearing them, Train you're right about the rings too. Most Steelers have a ring right now except the rookies...and Flo. He's hungry as **** for this one, especially that it's in Cowboys stadium lol

Speaking of rookies, Antonio Brown got off the plane looking like a kid at the playground, holding his video camera just taking everything in. Man I can't wait to see what these guys do on Sunday.

SteelCityKid5
01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
I hope they win it for Flo. I've always appreciated Flo for his services.

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Honestly, I used to make fun of Flozell Adams when he was with Dallas. I remember he used to false-start a lot. During one game a few years ago, he false-started twice in a row, and I told somebody that "Flozell" must be French for "flinch." I wasn't too thrilled when the Steelers signed him, but I understood why, and hoped that maybe being on a more focused and disciplined team could help him become more focused and disciplined. He had a rocky start to the season, and he pissed me off with his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against the Jets (part one), but overall he's been solid at RT, and from his interviews it seems as though he's genuinely happy and thankful to be in Pittsburgh. In short, I've developed a soft spot for Hotel Flozell that I never thought I would. Now let's get him a ring before he retires!

That's me exactly. I watched a lot of the NFC east the last 10 years.

K Train
01-31-2011, 04:45 PM

flo hates NY teams and thats why there was unsportsman like conducts against the jets and hes tripped every giant player hes ever come across....i respect it lol

hes a proto type RT and always has been, and hes deaf in his right ear so playing on the left never helped his false starts, going to the right has pretty much eliminated that. the 2 people i want this for the most besides my self are ben and flo...seriously two of the biggest "**** you (goodell)" or "**** you (dallas") stories you could ever make up

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 04:54 PM
flo hates NY teams and thats why there was unsportsman like conducts against the jets and hes tripped every giant player hes ever come across....i respect it lol

hes a proto type RT and always has been, and hes deaf in his right ear so playing on the left never helped his false starts, going to the right has pretty much eliminated that. the 2 people i want this for the most besides my self are ben and flo...seriously two of the biggest "**** you (goodell)" or "**** you (dallas") stories you could ever make up

I never realized that..thanks! :yellowthumb:

I'd replace Flo with Silverback as my number 3.

SteelDad
01-31-2011, 05:00 PM
If Hotel plays with half the intensity he did against the Jets then he could possibly dominate this game. Love seeing the classic old Sparty uni's too. Very cool.

airbrake 1
01-31-2011, 05:22 PM

I'm right on base with you all...i would love to see flozell get a championship in jerry jones' temple... i really hope when we win and they call a few players up on the podium that one of them is flozell it would be really sweet to see him hoisting the lombardi trophy high in the air for jerry jones to see..big ben and silverback too for all they have been through this year...i think veteran leadership and new guys hunger for that first ring will put us over the top come sunday...a lot of people are comparing the packers to our super bowl 40 run the big difference i see is that neither the seahawks or steelers had any super bowl experience back in 2005... the packers will be playing a team loaded with grizzled super bowl vets and hungry young guys looking to join the super bowl ring club in the locker room:tt02: