PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Super Bowl

steelersgal86
01-31-2011, 10:15 AM
So what is everyone doing for the Super Bowl? What food are you having? What drinks are you having?

I know we are all getting together at my brother Glenns house...it will be all decked out in Black n Gold..from plates, balloons, cake, decorations etc...and my Uncle is coming in from PA which is very exciting for us to watch a game with him...We are having Roethlisburger's , Ribs, Wings, Pasta Salad, Potato Salad, finger foods and much much more...all the beer you can drink :greengrin: will be getting together early to start drinking and playing corn hole in the snow :lol: and we all have to sit in the same seats we sit in every week!!!

SteelerNC
01-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Sounds fun gal...I will be at Buffalo Wild Wings here in NC :tt02:

AZ_Steeler
01-31-2011, 11:07 AM
I will be in Dallas sitting in the stadium watching the game in person :)

:hehheh:

steelersgal86
01-31-2011, 11:13 AM
I will be in Dallas sitting in the stadium watching the game in person :)

:hehheh:

:moon: Just rub it in!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2011, 12:10 PM
We were debating on having a super bowl party, and we got offers to come to other people's parties. I just can't do it, I've been watching Steeler games the same way for so long now I am set in my ways. I have too much to do during the game with the site to actually go anywhere. Plus I can't break what's been working so far, especially in a game like this.

Between my phone and the net I'm more than in contact with everyone during the game and afterwards.

We'll get some special munchies and such to eat before but overall I gotta do what I've been doing.

steelersgal86
01-31-2011, 01:29 PM
We were debating on having a super bowl party, and we got offers to come to other people's parties. I just can't do it, I've been watching Steeler games the same way for so long now I am set in my ways. I have too much to do during the game with the site to actually go anywhere. Plus I can't break what's been working so far, especially in a game like this.

Between my phone and the net I'm more than in contact with everyone during the game and afterwards.

We'll get some special munchies and such to eat before but overall I gotta do what I've been doing.

exactly..besides my uncle coming...and a little more decorations and food it is all the same really...we go all out every game

mwittman5
01-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Just watching the game @ home with a couple family members. I hate going to parties bcz then I can't hear the game or concentrate on watching it. I also don't like ppl seeing me go crazy when the steelers score or do something stupid. :greengrin:

StlersGuy
01-31-2011, 01:31 PM
We will be watching it from the Local Steelers Fan club hang out..:cope:

Rampage
01-31-2011, 02:06 PM
1) Drink a bunch of beer. Looks like Dogfish Head will be my choice.

2) Eat a bunch of pizza and wings.

3) Rinse and repeat.

The method behind this is that I can either engorge myself in celebration, or in an effort to put myself into an alcohol and fat induced coma until the draft.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2011, 02:08 PM
1) Drink a bunch of beer. Looks like Dogfish Head will be my choice.

2) Eat a bunch of pizza and wings.

3) Rinse and repeat.

The method behind this is that I can either engorge myself in celebration, or in an effort to put myself into an alcohol and fat induced coma until the draft.

Couldn't have said it better myself man :yesnod: :beer2:

StlersGuy
01-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Wife is not going to let me drink...she does not want me to knock some poor steelers hater out at the bar...

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 02:50 PM
I'll be at the Fox & Hound in Center City Philly..my son hasn't let me forget that we are undefeated when watching games there. It's a great time with hundreds of Steelers fans. Makes you think you are in downtown Pgh. instead of Philly. It's also great to see the responses from people when you celebrate in the streets after the game.

1/2 piece of pizza please!

steelersbabex25
01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
If all goes well I'll be going up to Pittsburgh to watch the game in a bar or something like that. I've never experienced downtown Pittsburgh after a Superbowl win and I am DYING to.

SteelerDave74
01-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Wife and I are having a few friends over ordering a 3 foot sub, veggie tray, chips and dips, pop and bottled water. Simple and nice. I can't stand big gatherings cause of my hearing and need the captioning to understand what is going on. I am just praying and hoping my mother in law will be back home from the hospital by then.

franchise3
01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Just watching the game @ home with a couple family members. I hate going to parties bcz then I can't hear the game or concentrate on watching it. I also don't like ppl seeing me go crazy when the steelers score or do something stupid. :greengrin:

I'm exactly the same way. I will be eating wings with big ben sauce and drinking champagne. Two years ago we had 6 champagnes and drank one before the game, one after each quarter and then one more in the end to celebrate. Me, my wife and another couple. This year, it will be only me and my wife and we want to have 7 champagnes but since that would be way too much we will buy the small ones.

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
This year, it will be only me and my wife and we want to have 7 champagnes but since that would be way too much we will buy the small ones.

just start earlier! :)

Have fun!

lloydfan4life
01-31-2011, 07:18 PM
All of our kids and their other halves will be coming over to watch the game in our Steeler room. Sunday can't get here soon enough! :thud:

Rampage
01-31-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm exactly the same way. I will be eating wings with big ben sauce and drinking champagne. Two years ago we had 6 champagnes and drank one before the game, one after each quarter and then one more in the end to celebrate. Me, my wife and another couple. This year, it will be only me and my wife and we want to have 7 champagnes but since that would be way too much we will buy the small ones.

Buy seven cases of Miller: The Shampagin of Beers.

Scorp
01-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Will have balloons, enough beer, ribs, crabby patties, steaks and hot dogs, and my jersey and terrible towels.

SteelerDave74
01-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Will have balloons, enough beer, ribs, crabby patties, steaks and hot dogs, and my jersey and terrible towels.

Now that is a delicious menu. :yellowthumb:

bobbybelliv
02-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Totally agree blitzburgh. ALL my people assumed I would throw a party, no damn way. First off I like to actually watch the game, 2nd there aint no way in hell I am mixing it up now. Hell I am so stuck 9n my ways I cant even wear one of my many jerseys since I started the season w/ out one!

Go 'Lers
02-01-2011, 12:04 PM
SOUTH SIDE

Mario's Saloon is the best place to watch a game in Pittsburgh...apart from Heinz Field :greengrin:

steelersgal86
02-03-2011, 07:45 AM
:woot: it is getting closer...I think I will be to nervous to eat and will be drinking more than eating...Monday will be a long day at work...

pimplydan
02-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I am going to my cousins Franks place ,the falcon fan. He has one helluva nice cinema den .
Just like in 2008 I will decorate the place with all my steeler banners pictures ,portraits and my newly made display of the steelers road to the superbowl .

We both have pizza joints but are places are too busy on superbowl sunday we will have chilli ,wings and sandwichs .Plus we eat eat pizza all the time .

We won in 2008 so I want to do everything the same . Hopefully I'll be finishing the bottle of chivas after the game like last time . I slept in that den by myself last time . Woke up with a happy hangover .

steelersgal86
02-03-2011, 09:26 AM
I am going to my cousins Franks place ,the falcon fan. He has one helluva nice cinema den .
Just like in 2008 I will decorate the place with all my steeler banners pictures ,portraits and my newly made display of the steelers road to the superbowl .

We both have pizza joints but are places are too busy on superbowl sunday we will have chilli ,wings and sandwichs .Plus we eat eat pizza all the time .

We won in 2008 so I want to do everything the same . Hopefully I'll be finishing the bottle of chivas after the game like last time . I slept in that den by myself last time . Woke up with a happy hangover .

Happy Hangover...I like that!!!!

greennick
02-03-2011, 10:56 AM
As the game is on at 7:30 am here, I'll be waking up a few hours before and heading to a pub for bacon and egg sandwiches and morning beers. Have around 10 mates coming along. Only me and one other Steeler fan though, no doubt there will be more at the pub though, there always is.

SteelDad
02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
As the game is on at 7:30 am here, I'll be waking up a few hours before and heading to a pub for bacon and egg sandwiches and morning beers. Have around 10 mates coming along. Only me and one other Steeler fan though, no doubt there will be more at the pub though, there always is.

If I had to do it any other way, the way you're rolling sounds pretty darn good!

As for myself, I will be isolated in the 'Ben Den' with nothing but my TV and computer getting my attention.

NHStlrfan
02-03-2011, 11:50 AM
At another Steelers fan's home. The more there's around at once the better! Does it get any better than seeing the Steelers play in the Super Bowl with a bunch of other Steelers fans!? Just wish it could be at the game but TV will have to do!!!!

cmerrifield
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I am going to our Pastor's house for a SuperBowl party, but they are from the Pittsburgh area and they are HUGE Steelers fans as well. So we will be in the living room watching the game and eating normal SB food and the people who dont care about the game will be in other rooms talking or playing games or whatever they want as long as they dont bug me.

Rampage
02-03-2011, 12:13 PM
I am going to our Pastor's house for a SuperBowl party, but they are from the Pittsburgh area and they are HUGE Steelers fans as well. So we will be in the living room watching the game and eating normal SB food and the people who dont care about the game will be in other rooms talking or playing games or whatever they want as long as they dont bug me.

If I were to watch the game with a pastor, I would be a little bit afraid.

roosterray
02-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I'll be at a friends party and be amongst anti steeler crowd swinging my terrible towel and eating pirogies that I make. :)

NHStlrfan
02-03-2011, 12:40 PM

You know, you put me to shame. The friend I will be with is our assistant pastor. Keep the faith!!!

And Rampage, some pastors can put some fans to shame. Just cleaner language and no alcohol. ;) :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

DIESELMAN
02-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Just cleaner language and no alcohol. ;) :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

So much for that Super Bowl party :greengrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelDad
02-03-2011, 02:02 PM
At another Steelers fan's home. The more there's around at once the better! Does it get any better than seeing the Steelers play in the Super Bowl with a bunch of other Steelers fans!? Just wish it could be at the game but TV will have to do!!!!

See I'm just the opposite. I have to be completely alone because... well, I'm an *** I suppose when the Steelers are on and I hate nothing more than "Did you see that guy?" who has to give me the entire freaking analysis of every play as if I were NOT in the room and was listening on a radio from the fricking moon! I do enjoy the banter on the 'gameday' thread because it's nice to revel in other's enjoyment and misery from a distance. No offense, I just have football autism as I like to call it.:lol:

Raleigh Steel
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
i'll be watching the game at my buddy's house. there were 5 games this year that i wasn't able to go to his house and the steelers were 1-4 in those games. undefeated at his house.

i'm as superstitious as anyone, so i make everyone sit in the same seats, gotta eat the same food (turkey burgers with swiss cheese....don't ask why it just is) bbq potato chips, and diet dr. pepper (i don't drink).

also have to wear the same thing...white lambert 58 jersey with a black joe greene 75 t-shirt underneath...same jeans, socks, and underwear....and i haven't washed them since the jets game....i know, it's gross and my wife hates me!

steelersbabex25
02-03-2011, 03:40 PM
See I'm just the opposite. I have to be completely alone because... well, I'm an *** I suppose when the Steelers are on and I hate nothing more than "Did you see that guy?" who has to give me the entire freaking analysis of every play as if I were NOT in the room and was listening on a radio from the fricking moon! I do enjoy the banter on the 'gameday' thread because it's nice to revel in other's enjoyment and misery from a distance. No offense, I just have football autism as I like to call it.:lol:

I like people who repeat funny quotes in movies 2 seconds after you saw it. Like, yes, I was sitting right there. I was the whole thing.

SteelDad
02-03-2011, 04:52 PM
I like people who repeat funny quotes in movies 2 seconds after you saw it. Like, yes, I was sitting right there. I was the whole thing.

Exactly!!! Did I mention I love the smell of napalm in the morning?

xBlitzBurghx
02-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Watching the game with all my hater friends! Then after we win have smeone drive me around in my truck while I'm in th bed waving my towel and throwing up the middle finger at whoever doesn't like it!

steelers4life66
02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I started the season at the house and I'll end it here.

Food
Beer
wings
chips
beer
pizza
I make a kick *** dip
meat balls
meat platter
O yea, and beer:cope:

Phenomenal TJ
02-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Food. Booze. Couch. Computer.

steelers4life66
02-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Food. Booze. Couch. Computer.
:yellowthumb:

heknowsyouknow
02-03-2011, 06:53 PM
well its a superbowl party at the home of the founder of the UK steelers suporters club he started the club it 82 i think and we came over on lots of club trips ..so its down to portsmouth on the south coast of england to watch the game ..have a load of the UK STEELER NATION comeing down and will be takeing pic and some vid of us ..my mates been in touch with some TV stations over here showing the game and could be shown at a stage also hes been in touch with the raido station over there in pitt and thay want to see our pics so thay can put them on there web site ....so the beers and in and cold and foods on the go ...roll on sunday night can not wait .....HERE WE GO STEELERS ....HERE WE GO !!!!

steelers4life66
02-03-2011, 07:04 PM
well its a superbowl party at the home of the founder of the UK steelers suporters club he started the club it 82 i think and we came over on lots of club trips ..so its down to portsmouth on the south coast of england to watch the game ..have a load of the UK STEELER NATION comeing down and will be takeing pic and some vid of us ..my mates been in touch with some TV stations over here showing the game and could be shown at a stage also hes been in touch with the raido station over there in pitt and thay want to see our pics so thay can put them on there web site ....so the beers and in and cold and foods on the go ...roll on sunday night can not wait .....HERE WE GO STEELERS ....HERE WE GO !!!!

Post a link so we can see the pics. If you have a youtube account give us a link so we can see the vids too.

heknowsyouknow
02-03-2011, 07:11 PM
will all be posted ...in the comeing week ..dont want to tempt fate and say after we .......

coach
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I already told you we don't get Iron City beer up here so I started drinking Steeler Beer (which is just ok-not the best) before the games recently. I obviously got it for the black and yellow can. When I realized they haven't lost since I started doing it, I kept it up. Definitely gonna have a Steeler Beer this Sunday...............................Maybe two.

Enjoy.