PDA

View Full Version : The real reason Ben isnt seen as elite

mwittman5
01-30-2011, 10:35 PM
is bcz of fantasy football. Everybody is into that and worry more about stats then being clutch or coming through when it rly matters like playoffs. A guy can put up a line of 325 yds, 4 TD's, and 3 picks and get viewed as better than a QB who puts up a line of 225 yds, 1 or 2 TD's, and no picks. stats= everything for most fans

steelersbabex25
01-30-2011, 10:36 PM
No, it's because he's been accused of rape twice.

pimplydan
01-30-2011, 10:43 PM

It surely doesn't help. The nfl is not hot on Ben right now because they haven't had the time to put it aside yet. Really thought, if he wins the superbowl he will be regarded as elite.
He is a class by himself as an elite winner , thats good enough for me .

mwittman5
01-30-2011, 11:02 PM

I don't think its bcz of that. thats just the source of all the hate on him. If Brady or manning were accused of rape 10 X's they would still be called the best.

ucsteve667
01-30-2011, 11:04 PM
I actually had an argument with someone who told me Heath Miller is an avg TE cause hes ranked like 10th on his fantasy roster...
theres no saving some people.

Steel Trap86
01-30-2011, 11:17 PM
is bcz of fantasy football. Everybody is into that and worry more about stats then being clutch or coming through when it rly matters like playoffs. A guy can put up a line of 325 yds, 4 TD's, and 3 picks and get viewed as better than a QB who puts up a line of 225 yds, 1 or 2 TD's, and no picks. stats= everything for most fans

It's a valid point about fantasy football. Ben went undrafted in my league this season, until I took him with my final pick. Mostly because he wasn't playing for the first 4 games, but it was still surprising to see Reggie Bush (terrible fantasy player) go before a QB like Ben. Weird thing is I took Aaron Rodgers with my 1st pick lol

It has more to do with his passing yards though, I think he's only had one 4,000 yard season in his career. The NFL likes the Brady/Manning/Rivers kind of game.

Farrior Fan
01-30-2011, 11:25 PM
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/MED/15/1555/BL9DD00Z/posters/ben-roethlisberger-and-peyton-manning.jpg

Well Peyton, you will always be my bitch. You see I dont care about how many yards I passed for this season, I do however remember throwing quite a few game winning TD's. Hey not sure you heard, but I will be on TV this Sunday at 6:00 playing in the Super Bowl, again.

ucsteve667
01-30-2011, 11:28 PM
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/MED/15/1555/BL9DD00Z/posters/ben-roethlisberger-and-peyton-manning.jpg

Well Peyton, you will always be my bitch. You see I dont care about how many yards I passed for this season, I do however remember throwing quite a few game winning TD's. Hey not sure you heard, but I will be on TV this Sunday at 6:00 playing in the Super Bowl, again.

and I have a ring on BOTH hands already

Scorp
01-31-2011, 03:06 AM
Everyone is jealous of Ben and is hesitant about licking his nuts. Forget Brady and Manning already that BS talk is dead and broken. A new era is here and they better recognize it's coming from a great, elite qb donning the black and gold. I wipe a monkey's dead, stupid *** with stats and all that BS. Ben is the qb of today and the qb of now baby dolls.

Scorp
01-31-2011, 06:10 AM
What top 5 plays does your list consist of? It can be anything. As long as Ben made it happen. :cope:

steelchamp204
01-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Can we stop with this kinda stuff, we know this, but to go as of fantasy points, lmfao. Hes not elite because hes not a pretty pocket passer and has had a bike accidents, and other off the field issues.

Rampage
01-31-2011, 01:27 PM
He isn't a pretty, perfect, pocket passer like Manning or Brady. He doesn't put up the yards and touchdowns that every stat freak goes for these days. He has had off the field issues.

He will never get any love from the talking heads in the media, but that doesn't matter. He has won and he will keep on winning.

steelchamp204
01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Plus he doesnt date a supermodel and do commercials that are funny.

StlersGuy
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Who cares if he is elite...he is working on his 3rd super bowl ring and thats alli care about.

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

bensshoes
01-31-2011, 02:02 PM

simply not the case Ben's problem is he's a Steeler and the entire NFL expects us to win regardless of what they say so when we do its not seen as special because were always there Brady and Manning spearheaded their teams SB sucess but Ben's still following Bradshaw oh and buy the way they say he only wins because of the defense. well I'll not apoligise for our defense and neither should Ben, when he's won more than anyother QB in NFL history the critics will be forced to achnowledge his greatness. :cope:

steelersbabex25
01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Plus he doesnt date a supermodel and do commercials that are funny.

You mean commercials that aren't funny? :thinking:

simply not the case Ben's problem is he's a Steeler and the entire NFL expects us to win regardless of what they say so when we do its not seen as special because were always there Brady and Manning spearheaded their teams SB sucess but Ben's still following Bradshaw oh and buy the way they say he only wins because of the defense. well I'll not apoligise for our defense and neither should Ben, when he's won more than anyother QB in NFL history the critics will be forced to achnowledge his greatness. :cope:

Think what you want, but one of the reasons that no analyst will talk about Ben being elite is because the NFL doesn't want to reward someone who has been accused of sexual harassment. Plain and simple. They're trying to project a certain image, and Ben, quite frankly, doesn't fit that image.

steelerschick1220
01-31-2011, 10:15 PM
I know Ben is elite. And I know as long as he is in our huddle we are always gonna have a shot to win the game. Sucks he doesn't get his recognition but one day they are gonna have to give him his props.

bensshoes
02-01-2011, 04:13 PM
You mean commercials that aren't funny? :thinking:

Think what you want, but one of the reasons that no analyst will talk about Ben being elite is because the NFL doesn't want to reward someone who has been accused of sexual harassment. Plain and simple. They're trying to project a certain image, and Ben, quite frankly, doesn't fit that image.

The anylists wouldn't acknowledge Ben before the alligations its like it was said on NFL radio sometimes you must watch Ben play to appriciate what he brings too the game its not always stats. as for the alligations that never materilized only time will quell all that nonsence.

LarryNJ
02-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure what you all are talking about. Most shoes I've heard always had Ben in the top 5 or so. You can certainly make a case one way or another why you would choose one over another. Do Peyton and Brady get more headlines? Sure they do but that doesn't mean that Ben, or Drew Brees aren't elite. We wouldn't trade him for one of those 3, but I'm pretty sure that most of the Pats, Colts, and Saints wouldn't make the trade for Ben.Even as Terry Bradshaw was winning 4 Super Bowls he was never known as the best.