PDA

View Full Version : QBs and the draft and how it might impact the Steelers

coach
01-30-2011, 07:26 PM
VY and Kolb are available, as probably would be Donovan.

Which of these guys could land somewhere and with which team(s)?

This could be interesting because some could result in higher draft picks than others.

What do you think the Eagles could get for Kolb?

The teams in front of us that need QBs might trade for picks instead of drafting a QB.

I saw a mock that had us picking Stanzi. I forget which round but I think we have 3 or 4 guys now, which should be fine for next year. I don't see the need, but I guess you never know who will be available when your pick comes.
I know Charlie is up ther but do we really need to draft a guy this year? I would wait, but I guess other think there is a need or a possibility.

Callax
01-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Pitt won't draft a QB because we have Leftwich and Dixon. Depends on what Batch does, (retire, going into QB coaching) Pitt has other things to work on, like CB, OL, DL

SteelerCountry58
01-30-2011, 10:44 PM
I could see the Steelers taking a QB in the fifth or sixth round.
Dixon will be back but Byron and Charlie are most likely not.
This is a deep draft for QB's but maybe it's better to sign another
back up instead of wasting a pick when we have other glaring needs.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2011, 10:51 PM
If the Steelers had extra picks then draft a young QB in the later rounds to groom as a backup.....But with only 7 picks that would be a waste of a pick.......

I the trenches on both sides must be addressed.......

SteelerDave74
01-30-2011, 11:03 PM
We may end up signing a backup vet for the minimum. I can't see us wasting a draft pick on a young'un.

Farrior Fan
02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Please do not draft a QB unless it is in the 7th round. With talent like Antonio Brown out there in the late rounds we need to focus on guys that might actually play in the next 3 years. I want to say get a "project" olineman but we've seen what that gets us. A middle round CB will not help either. We CANNOT miss with our first 2 picks this year. I really hope we go CB then Oline or Dline. While I like Worilds, unless we let Lamar go he will be a player that sees ST and maybe 5 plays per game. Just not worth a 2nd round pick IMHO.

Rampage
02-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I would not be surprised to see this team snag a quarterback in a later round. Batch is getting up there, Dixon is injury prone, and I'm not sure how the Leftwich situation will turn out.