PDA

View Full Version : Lamarr Woodley

JollyRob68
01-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Is this the last Game we will see Lamarr Woodley as a Steelers? I ask this question because if we have a CBA he will be an Unrestricted free agent and heavily targeted. I would use the Franhise tag on Woodley. However, I believe some teams will give up its first round pick for him. Would you? What teams do you think will go after him?

I think Although the Pats are cheap they have the picks to do so or negotiate with the Steelers. Green Bay has either the 31st or 32nd pick so Hell yes they'd go for him, Dallas is a 34d team and Jerry Jones is Jerry Jones.

Some mocks have Dallas taking Von Miller, so would you want Woodley or Miller?
Some Mocks have The Jags taking an OLB at 16 would they go for Woodley?

cmerrifield
01-30-2011, 04:08 PM
If they franchise him its two first round picks

Callax
01-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I wonder if they drafted Jason Woriilds to supplant Woodley if he leaves (insurance policy) I'd like to see him stay. I guess it all depends on the CBA and the new rules it will incorporate.

JollyRob68
01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
If they franchise him its two first round picks

As far as 2 first rounders its not really 2. Its just one. I was wondering If & what teams would go for him? I say Packers because its a late first rounder for a Pro bowler. I hope he wants to stay.

coach
01-30-2011, 09:41 PM
What would the 32nd player in first round earn under the new CBA, as compared to a stud with proven NFL experience? The owners want to negotiate something different and the difference might be staggering.

There will always be a team that wants a player so badly they will do something crazy (GB or Dallas could do something crazy), but I think the CBA is going to keep things muddy for a bit. I also don't expect that the CBA will be signed so soon. It seems like both sides are digging in.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are replacement players signed before this thing gets done.

I am not sure Jax can afford him, though. Aren't they strapped for $ with having attendance issues?

Doesn't Belicheat have a financial matrix where all the players have to fit into his scheme or he'll trade them away (e.g. Seymour) for picks and bring in young unproven players. I don't know where Woodly falls into that confusing mess but I think he would likely be an outlier on that financial matrix.

There are so many variables here I wouldn't know where to start or end.

JollyRob68
01-31-2011, 03:19 AM
One of the things about the cba is the owners can declare an impass and that sets into motion the last offer. Then the players need to decide to play under it,sit an negotiate or strike. I think they'll call an impass on March 4th.

Scorp
01-31-2011, 03:47 AM
Should be interesting.

cmerrifield
01-31-2011, 08:25 AM
As far as 2 first rounders its not really 2. Its just one. I was wondering If & what teams would go for him? I say Packers because its a late first rounder for a Pro bowler. I hope he wants to stay.

Where do you get that its not 2? its always been 2.

JollyRob68
01-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Where do you get that its not 2? its always been 2.

Its said that its 2 but its really one. I'll find it again and post it.

JensK
01-31-2011, 02:58 PM
There are two types of franchise tag designations: the exclusive rights franchise tag, and non-exclusive rights franchise tag:
An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams.
A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position in the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

TY wikipedia.

Disclaimer: I don't claim wiki to be a reliable source by any means but I cba to search all over the webz

Rampage
01-31-2011, 06:32 PM
This is going to be a very interesting off season for this team. Hopefully they can keep Woodley.

cmerrifield
01-31-2011, 09:30 PM
The Steelers will start to try and resign him before March 1 and no one else can make offers until a new CBA. So he will only be getting offers from the Steelers and no one else, then if those offers dont progress nicely, then they'll tag him

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 09:41 PM
The Eagles haven't hired a D-Coordinator yet. Rumor has it that Darren Perry is a front runner. Would he implement a 3-4? If so they are in DESPERATE need of a LB. Although LB's have never been a top priority of Andy Reid things may very well change.

JollyRob68
02-01-2011, 02:27 PM
The Steelers will start to try and resign him before March 1 and no one else can make offers until a new CBA. So he will only be getting offers from the Steelers and no one else, then if those offers dont progress nicely, then they'll tag him

I'd tag him ASAP. We need to keep him. I just think if he's tagged its an interesting conversation for the 34D teams about giving up a first round pick for him.