PDA

View Full Version : Any news about Aaron Smith?

NHStlrfan
01-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Aaron Smith's status for the Super Bowl? I haven't seen anything about him since just before the AFCCG.

Farrior Fan
01-29-2011, 10:16 PM
nothing official, but I've seen a few quick blurbs that say he is doubtful

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Unless the Steelers are playing mind games, Smith is more than likely not going to play.

jd1000
01-29-2011, 11:25 PM
I just pulled this off of Steelers.com:

Name Position Injury Wed. Thu. Fri. Game Status
Allen, Will S Knee DNP DNP DNP questionable
McFadden, Bryant CB Abdomen DNP DNP FP probable
Polamalu, Troy SS Achilles DNP DNP FP probable
Pouncey, Maurkice C/G Ankle DNP DNP DNP questionable
Sanders, Emmanuel WR Foot DNP DNP FP probable
Scott, Jonathan T Ribs DNP DNP DNP probable
Smith, Aaron DE Triceps LP LP LP questionable

There is hope. But I think he wont play or will be platooned with Legurskyat best.

JD from Utah

Clevelandsux
01-30-2011, 03:03 AM
I love Smith, but he hasn't earned the right to play. Ziggy has been playing very well. I think Smith was a great player, but I think this is it for him.

jnes1216
01-30-2011, 03:18 AM
I love Smith, but he hasn't earned the right to play. Ziggy has been playing very well. I think Smith was a great player, but I think this is it for him.

I disagree, I think he's earned the right. According to Tomlin, the backups must come in and meet the standard. Aaron Smith sat down and drew up the *&%kin' standard for 3-4 DE's.

steelersbabex25
01-30-2011, 01:01 PM

Hasn't earned the right? Aaron Smith has been one of, if not the most important player on the Steelers defense for 10 years.

stratocaster68
01-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Don't even expect him to dress.
BD

SteelCityKid5
01-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Ive heard questionable and doubtful. Im sure as the week resumes we'll find out more.

coach
01-30-2011, 05:38 PM

The team refrained from putting him on IR because he is extremely valuable to them, even if only for 1 or 2 games. They knew he was done for the regular season when he hurt it. It's not like he was gonna come in and take all the snaps anyway. They were/are both gonna play. That was the plan that had been talked about, but I heard some talkin head say it was "highly" doubtful he'll play, now.

But, this issue won't turn into a Packers thread where whiny man-bit@hes on the same team are cat-fighting about who desreves to be in the SB picture. Let them be distracted. I think the Steelers are not going to be distracted by this, whether he plays or not.