PDA

View Full Version : Haters alive and well over Ben and the Steelers

mwittman5
01-29-2011, 07:30 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ann_killion/01/28/ben.roethlisberger/index.html

says ppl should not forget Bens off field issues and it says the girl was bruised, and bloody like making it sound like he beat her up. She obviously didn't read the actual details of the report instead of the medias.

steelers4life66
01-29-2011, 08:15 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ann_killion/01/28/ben.roethlisberger/index.html

says ppl should not forget Bens off field issues and it says the girl was bruised, and bloody like making it sound like he beat her up. She obviously didn't read the actual details of the report instead of the medias.

Mindless blind attention whore. Not even going to bother reading it.

SteelerDave74
01-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Mindless blind attention whore. Not even going to bother reading it.

:goodpost: I am so damn sick and tired of hearing about Ben's past. People need to get over that crap.

steelersbabex25
01-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Come on, you guys. A WOMAN wrote this article. An obviously over feminist woman, who clearly doesn't understand that, wow, some people may lie to get money or fame, or may sleep with someone because they're a famous football player. Gee, all women must be completely right every time they claim they've been raped or assaulted.

Yes, I can say that. I am a women.

cmerrifield
01-29-2011, 09:03 PM
You know, I am not proud of what Ben did. He was not completely innocent in the situation. I dont think he was guilty of rape, but not completely innocent. Anyway, You dont hear people chanting "murderer" to Stallworth or "Dog Killer" to Vick, or anything else to anyone else. Everyone else has been forgiven by the media and given a second chance. I just want Ben to get his, he is clearly a different person.

steelchamp204
01-29-2011, 10:37 PM
This is written by a woman, enough said about that. And you know what I think, If they had anything on Ben they could arrest him and have him guilty for, they would have done it. They took down the best lb the league has ever seen in LT, or one of the best. You know, if Ben wasnt winning this much this season, there wouldnt be so many articles on him and what happened lastyear. Its called JEALOUSY

Clevelandsux
01-30-2011, 01:57 AM
You know, I am not proud of what Ben did. He was not completely innocent in the situation. I dont think he was guilty of rape, but not completely innocent. Anyway, You dont hear people chanting "murderer" to Stallworth or "Dog Killer" to Vick, or anything else to anyone else. Everyone else has been forgiven by the media and given a second chance. I just want Ben to get his, he is clearly a different person.

What did he do? He wasn't proven guilty of anything? And why would someone post this negartive crap on our site?

cmerrifield
01-30-2011, 08:28 AM
What did he do? He wasn't proven guilty of anything? And why would someone post this negartive crap on our site?

There is a difference between being proven guilty and completely innocent. He was partying on his 28th birthday at a college bar. That is what we know for sure, so everything else would be speculation, but I am sure that at the very minimum he is guilty of poor judgment. Listen, I am over it and have given Ben a second chance, which is what I want the rest of the world to do. I think you missed my point.

airbrake 1
01-30-2011, 08:53 AM
gotta love femi-nazis...i hope this self righteous uptight broad runs into a genuine rapist and then he can instruct her on what rape really is...but we have no one to fault for this drivel but the 60% of the so-called steelers fans who wanted to run ben out of town earlier this year (and this number come from a poll done earlier this year)......where are all you pricks now....i hope ben strides up to the podium after we win like the **** of the walk and grabs the lombardi trophy off of goodell and say gimme that motherf**ker and then says where's my mvp trophy rog...go steelers

Ironman
01-30-2011, 12:23 PM
gotta love femi-nazis...i hope this self righteous uptight broad runs into a genuine rapist and then he can instruct her on what rape really is..

malicious comments like this make me sick... damn near embarrassed to be a Steelers fan...

steelersbabex25
01-30-2011, 12:31 PM
malicious comments like this make me sick... damn near embarrassed to be a Steelers fan...

:plus1::yesnod:

TheButt
01-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Well I just read over the police reports for the first time... I didnt see anything about blood or bruises.

Also the alleged victim was wearing a sticker on her chest all night... withthe letters DTF on them ....she giggled when Ben asked her what it meant... Down To F*** .... All parties said she was drunk out of her mind.

Its all BS, Ben may be stupid but not a rapist. His rep is done for the rest of his life becasue some underage tramp running around with a tag on that says Down To F***.

Her parents must be so proud of her.

--- Added 1/30/2011 at 12:02 PM ---

I know all this has been hashed over and over again , but I never really commented on it before but I emailed this lady.. it reads as follows..

You yourself said "The young woman is painted in terms of being a gold-digger or a drunken slut"

Well all parties involved said she was drunk out of her mind... and she wore a sticker on her chest with DTF on it....thats pretty much the definition of a "drunken slut" don't ya think ? No painting involved. She did her own self portrait.

I guess in your mind its ok for underage girls to be in a drunken stupor in a bar with the letters DTF --Down To F*** on their chest.

Ben even left the bar where she was ... and just happened to show up to the next bar he went too.. funny I didn't read anywhere that he drug her out of that bar and on to the next one.

Ben was stupid thats for sure, but not a rapist. And for the record as a fan I wanted Ben released from the Steelers for his actions. And I will always look at him in a different light.... But I also want him to do well in life and football. Hopefully he will be a better person AND football player.

Go Steelers.

airbrake 1
01-30-2011, 01:20 PM
I wonder if that POS dyke that was protesting ben at the cleveland game outside heinz field will be making the trip to the super bowl to continue to show her displeasure with ben...her group will look right at home with the terrible towels tied over their faces, texas is renowned for outlaws...some conviction ,those pathetic fools wouldn't even show their faces...looks like some of the self-righteous folks are starting to crawl out of the woodwork perfect timing pricks...GO STEELERS...GO BIG BEN

SteelCityKid5
01-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Is Vick getting a pass because he went to jail?

jnes1216
01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
gotta love femi-nazis...i hope this self righteous uptight broad runs into a genuine rapist and then he can instruct her on what rape really is...but we have no one to fault for this drivel but the 60% of the so-called steelers fans who wanted to run ben out of town earlier this year (and this number come from a poll done earlier this year)......where are all you pricks now....i hope ben strides up to the podium after we win like the **** of the walk and grabs the lombardi trophy off of goodell and say gimme that motherf**ker and then says where's my mvp trophy rog...go steelers

damn I'm a Steelers fan too, and I don't think I need the graphic details of a rape, thats serious **** man. no woman needs that tutorial. Sorry dude love your posts but damn thats harsh.

airbrake 1
01-30-2011, 04:45 PM
damn I'm a Steelers fan too, and I don't think I need the graphic details of a rape, thats serious **** man. no woman needs that tutorial. Sorry dude love your posts but damn thats harsh.

I would never wish rape on anyone..i believe it is one of the most heinous crimes in the world right up there with homocide...but these people like this woman can write the most slanderous stuff without any repercussion...I'm just pointing out a totally absurd column by a woman (ahem) with an obvious agenda by being equally as absurd...really ben should start consulting his attorneys about filing a libel suit against these cowardly types of bomb throwers...sorry if there was any misunderstanding i was just being sarcastic...go steelers
p.s. the woman that wrote the column was the one who really gave graphic details

Heinzie
01-30-2011, 09:03 PM

Second that.

airbrake 1
01-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Second that.

second this ***-munch... if you people that find my sarcasm so disturbing, would be half as offended at the people who get paid to throw unsubstantiated bombs like this woman who wrote this slanderous article this story about ben would have died a long time ago...but you pinheads probably didn't even read the aforementioned article...sit there and wallow in your self-rightousness ,you uptight jackwagons...if you find rooting for ben so appaling go lend your weak kneed support to another team...for me i will be watching the super bowl and cheering on ben 100%...go steelers... GO BIG BEN:tt02:

greennick
01-30-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm not too concerned about any of this TBH. I really wish I didn't click on the link though. I wish she had somewhere to put comments.

It is times like this we should cut and paste the entire article in to our thread. Try and keep their view count as low as possible. :evilshake:

jd1000
01-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Agree with that last post. Look folks, the media was referred to as the "nattering nabobs of negativity" by a politician (Agnew I believe) for a reason. This is to be expected.

If anything, I see Killion's article as the last gasp of the media and win or lose, this issue will be put to rest. If its mentioned again it will be briefly in passing....time will dilute this.

But, Ben HAS to keep his nose clean. I believe (by looking at his face the other night) that there is a reflectiveness there we haven't seen before. He's humbled but the football fire that burns within is even hotter.

If he screws up again he will be and should be gone. But I don't believe he will.I believe he has changed. And one other thing, while he is guilty of bad judgment by placing himself in that bar in GA, he is certainly was not proven guilty of anything else. Vick deserves a second chance because he did his time and paid his fine. Ben has too.

'Nuff said...lets play some football and kick some ***.

JD from Utah

steelersbabex25
01-30-2011, 10:39 PM
second this ***-munch... if you people that find my sarcasm so disturbing, would be half as offended at the people who get paid to throw unsubstantiated bombs like this woman who wrote this slanderous article this story about ben would have died a long time ago...but you pinheads probably didn't even read the aforementioned article...sit there and wallow in your self-rightousness ,you uptight jackwagons...if you find rooting for ben so appaling go lend your weak kneed support to another team...for me i will be watching the super bowl and cheering on ben 100%...go steelers... GO BIG BEN:tt02:

:thinking: Correct me if I'm wrong people above, but I don't think it's the "rooting for Ben" part that they find appalling. It's probably more of the, "I hope this self righteous uptight broad runs into a genuine rapist and then he can instruct her on what rape really is," part.

Angina
01-31-2011, 01:11 AM
I know I'm new here so hope y'all don't mind me commenting.

Yeah. She sounds like some opportunistic, stiffened up career type who forgot to stop and have "fun" along the way.

She talks about what "prism" people view things through. I'm guessing her "prism" has been pistoning where the sun don't shine and is a might sticky and opaque at this point since she probably doesn't clean it when she's done. (That's sounds harsh, doesn't it? I'm sorry, it's late, I'm on cold medicine.......and the best reason not to ban me?.......I didn't use any bad words! :banana: )

My feminist mother be rolling in her Pittsburgh grave right now, sorry mom.

I'm certainly not saying that forced sexual interaction and harassment should go unpunished or ignored. I think the best outcome of all this is that two people became more reflective about themselves and their roles in what happened that night in Milledgeville (I may have spelled that wrong, it's the Benadryl typing, sorry). I hope they BOTH can emerge better people for it. In this case, I think we can all see that Ben has firmly started down that path, and I hope the other person involved has, or can eventually, as well.

Now, as jd1000 said.............let's play some *** and kick some football!!!! (something like that)

Ironman
01-31-2011, 01:16 AM
:thinking: Correct me if I'm wrong people above, but I don't think it's the "rooting for Ben" part that they find appalling. It's probably more of the, "I hope this self righteous uptight broad runs into a genuine rapist and then he can instruct her on what rape really is," part.

Exactly.

Can't believe you're even suggesting that you were sarcastic Airbrake, maybe at the end of your comment but even then I doubt it.

I read the article, and I read the police reports. Her article isn't too far off but it certainly has a negative agenda against Ben- which in-all-fairness she has a right. Winning football games or even a Superbowl doesn't mean he's "changed", he's been doing that since day 1. Not trying to turn this thread into a Big Ben hatefest, just simply reiterating what she mentioned in her article.

Scorp
01-31-2011, 02:44 AM
We'll see what the haters have to say after the Super Bowl.

airbrake 1
01-31-2011, 06:16 AM
This broad's mission is acclomplished...we are discussing a subject that should have been duly put out of its misery a long time ago (when the DA didn't file any charges)...but for those who didn't understand my play on words here it is...am i really sugguesting that i would like to see this woman raped...ABSOLUTELY NOT...what i was trying to point out is that this woman obviously doesn't understand the definition of rape or sexual assualt...anyone who has read ALL the police reports and statements given to police, i don't really see how one could come to any other conclusion, that this whole thing was nothing more that two drunk fools having sex in the bathroom...and i've probably researched this more than anyone short of ben's attorneys...so what better way of learning what rape really is than her going to sing sing, greaterford or western penintentary and talking to some real rapists to get a better understanding of what the said crime REALLY is and IS NOT

Scorp
01-31-2011, 06:18 AM
You said. Case close. Court is adjourned. I don't want to see you in my court again.

steelersgal86
01-31-2011, 07:53 AM
This broad's mission is acclomplished...we are discussing a subject that should have been duly put out of its misery a long time ago (when the DA didn't file any charges)...but for those who didn't understand my play on words here it is...am i really sugguesting that i would like to see this woman raped...ABSOLUTELY NOT...what i was trying to point out is that this woman obviously doesn't understand the definition of rape or sexual assualt...anyone who has read ALL the police reports and statements given to police, i don't really see how one could come to any other conclusion, that this whole thing was nothing more that two drunk fools having sex in the bathroom...and i've probably researched this more than anyone short of ben's attorneys...so what better way of learning what rape really is than her going to sing sing, greaterford or western penintentary and talking to some real rapists to get a better understanding of what the said crime REALLY is and IS NOT

I agree...but I think she was also hoping to have a "relationship" with Ben that she clearly was not going to get...so instead she tried hurting him...

she should be the one that got sued!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2011, 09:21 AM
this is why I hate all the hype leading up to the super bowl. All the media wants to talk about is Ben's suspension and his off the field problems earlier this year. Nobody cares about the game. I swear I am so glad I am not watching all this **** this week. I see enough of on it tweets during the day. I haven't watched coverage of the playoffs hardly at all since they started, and I'm not about to begin now. I'll watch the pregame this sunday but that's it. I get all the Steelers info I need online.

TampaSteelGirl
01-31-2011, 11:02 AM
All the bad media is going to come out to try and knock Ben off his game....

I dont' give a crap who picks the Packers, im not reading any media crap and i'm just getting for the game and Goodell can SUCK IT!!!! :tt02::tt02:

xxxsteelernation
01-31-2011, 02:38 PM
this is just some of the comments on the espn north blog today. all they can do is sit and accuse someone of something that was unproven. you know it's time to move on. the only sad thing is that even with this super bowl win that it will be forever overshadowed because of the ben accusations. or the harrison fines. and not the hard work or overcoming the odds againt to win the super bowl.

MadDog10306 (1/31/2011 at 11:22 AM) Report Violation
Peter Kings column today: "Regarding Roethlisberger, Goodell said when he was investigating what to do with the quarterback, he talked to "I bet two dozen [Steeler] players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense. It wasn't personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, 'He won't sign my jersey.' ''

Nice QB the Steelers got there. His own teammates cant stand him. That's because they've seen him in action and know the he is a RAPIST.

sabbie5533 (1/31/2011 at 11:20 AM) Report Violation Judging by the rabbit ears that popped up from that comment, it seems like the Steeler fans are pressing already
=================================================
And we all know that when fans press it alters the outcome of games.....lmaojoebloe1219 (1/31/2011 at 11:20 AM) Report Violation ben is innocent just like o.j. was innocent loldeemsj (1/31/2011 at 11:17 AM) Report Violation MadDog10306 (1/31/2011 at 2:08 PM) Report Violation LOL. The rapist has arrived in Dallas looking like the unibomber. Hope the Pack cripple his rapist ####.

============

only thing ben is raping is the GB defense, just like last year
SAVINGRYAN09 (1/31/2011 at 11:17 AM) Report Violation Fathers of Dallas hide your daughters, Big Ben is in town!steelgal1 (1/31/2011 at 11:12 AM) Report Violation "Now, GB has the edge because the Steelers aren't hungry and will be out all night partying. OK got it."
____.
I didn't say Pittsburgh wasn't hungry. I just think a guy that has been there before is more apt to take in more of the whole experience
----------
It didn't seem to bother the Steelers when going for their second SB win... why would the third be any different??Josh24_15 (1/31/2011 at 11:12 AM) Report Violation Love how everyone wants to call a man who WASN'T EVEN CHARGED a rapist. Not only did they not have enough evidence to convict or go to trial, they didn't even have enough to charge him. You people couldn't be more stupid if you tired. I hope you enjoy watching Ben win his 3rd ring in 6 yrs. Maybe GB might have a chance if it was too busy crying over whose face is in a picture. steelgal1 (1/31/2011 at 11:11 AM) Report Violation "Flacco is a keeper"
--------------------

LOL Steeler fans sure hope so!!!!
TDbuddah (1/31/2011 at 11:10 AM) Report Violation steelblitz...
"Now, GB has the edge because the Steelers aren't hungry and will be out all night partying. OK got it."
____.
I didn't say Pittsburgh wasn't hungry. I just think a guy that has been there before is more apt to take in more of the whole experience.
Judging by the rabbit ears that popped up from that comment, it seems like the Steeler fans are pressing already.MadDog10306 (1/31/2011 at 11:08 AM) Report Violation LOL. The rapist has arrived in Dallas looking like the unibomber. Hope the Pack cripple his rapist ####.joebloe1219 (1/31/2011 at 11:05 AM) Report Violation i love the picture of ben on the front page with his phone out...looks like hes already scoping out his next victim...hide a kids, hide ya wife

Rampage
01-31-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm starting to love comments like that; they are a sign of the Steelers being successful. If the Steelers were a bottom dweller like the Browns or Bengals, nobody would care because there would be no spotlight on the team. Let them talk all the **** they want and hopefully they come out with even more fervor when Peter Kings writes about the triumphant Steelers of Super Bowl 45 next week.

steelerschick1220
01-31-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm a female and I found this article to be a piece of garbage and totally offensive.

In fact I wish I'd never clicked on it.

Its like she wants Ben to be guilty and wants people to share this opinion so much she did a very biased reporting job. IMO, she took the facts that would point to Ben being guilty and didn't even bother with the other side of the coin. SI should be ashamed for even giving this woman a job.

Farrior Fan
01-31-2011, 11:07 PM
Got a couple of paragraphs into the article and quit reading.

I hope Ben is doing as well as he appears, glad this *event* has made him realize how blessed he is to be THE best QB in the NFL. Go get that ring so you can look like a 6'6" Pimp with all that bling.

Real Deal Steel
02-01-2011, 12:27 AM
I"m tired of gold digging women who try and use their womanly charms to secure their financial future and when it doesn't work, they play the rape game.

When are woman going to be held accountable for THEIR actions?? This girl got a fake ID to even be in that bar. Does anyone mention that?? She was looking for action..if you know what I mean. Where is this girls parents?? These are the other questions that need to be ask.

I"m not excusing Ben but it takes two to tango and this girl was dancing weather she wants to admit it or not.

"HELL HATH NO FURRY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED"