PDA

View Full Version : A tail of 2 seasons; 2-6 & 6-2

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Yes we finished the year at 8-8...BUT...

First half of the season we were only 2 wins and 6 losses
Second half of the season we finished with 6 wins and 2 losses.

So yes there is cause for optimism considering everything that went south this year and all the opportunities to win games that we squandered away with turnovers.

DIESELMAN
12-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Think of how many teams DON'T get to finish on a positive note. Considering everything that went on this year thats pretty damn good and shows what the Steelers are really made of.....:helmet:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Think of how many teams DON'T get to finish on a positive note. Considering everything that went on this year thats pretty damn good and shows what the Steelers are really made of.....:helmet:

:iagree:

After the 2-6 start I didn't think this team would at least finish the season on a positive note. But they didn't quit and kept fighting and finishing 8-8 just shows if the Steelers cut the turn overs at least in half next year this team will be one of the best in the NFL next year.

First though Cowher has to make his mind up quick so if he does retire the Rooney's can move quick to hire another coach.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 08:59 PM
It is truely a testament to our team and our philosphy, and the pride of our players. You don't quit, never give up,and fight to the finish..and today we did that once again.

House of Steel
12-31-2006, 09:36 PM
To think of it in a more positive way. We finished SECOND in the AFC North based on the head to head matchups. Of course, we know the obvious so I am not going there, We split with Cincy and knocked them out of the playoffs, and finally, We swept Cleveland like always. Finished 8-8 in Second while Cincy is 3rd at 8-8 and Cleveland well 4-12 or whatever the damn record is belong in the cellar as usual. 6-2 in the last 8 games is something to be very proud of and to build upon in the offseason.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 03:55 AM
No matter what we are surely dissapointed in the outcome of this season, but we are no less of fans because of it ! Thank you Bill Cowher and thank you Steelers, you are the best in our book !

AZ_Steeler
01-01-2007, 02:15 PM
If only they had had one more win... like the Raider game for example :smh:

The season definitely had two sides to it and they ended on a positive note once that hangover finally wore off. Next year will be a different story!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 03:00 PM
when we were 2-6 I had high hopes that we could rebound, but it was hard. We were just playing so badly and with no emotion, it was nice to see us finally turn it on, allbeit alittle too late...

BBG7
01-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I am so proud of the Steelers for finishing out the season strong...esp. the Cincy game. We had no playoff hope, but they didn't lay down...they played Steeler football and ended Cincy's season once again in Hienz Field West!!!!