PDA

View Full Version : Everybody and there brother is picking the Packers

TheButt
01-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Is picking the Packers.... Rodgers is gonna spread us out and throw for 890 yards and 13 touchdowns dont ya know ? Rodgers cant be stopped he can run the 40 in 2.1 seconds backwards. He can throw the ball 345 yards from his knees.

Recievers!! foget about it... the 4 best ever to put on a green jersey. Starks the RB ?? he is 6 feet 10 inches tall weighs in a solid 375 pounds , he runs over everything.

Dont believe me ?? watch anyone from ESPN or the NFL Network they'll tell ya.

Oh yeah and Ben can shake tackles.... thats all the Stillers can do.

mwittman5
01-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Is picking the Packers.... Rodgers is gonna spread us out and throw for 890 yards and 13 touchdowns dont ya know ? Rodgers cant be stopped he can run the 40 in 2.1 seconds backwards. He can throw the ball 345 yards from his knees.

Recievers!! foget about it... the 4 best ever to put on a green jersey. Starks the RB ?? he is 6 feet 10 inches tall weighs in a solid 375 pounds , he runs over everything.

their just tired of the steelers winning. If it was the Jets in the superbowl or the Pats theyd favor the NY or boston team.

Farrior Fan
01-29-2011, 08:41 PM
they keep on forgetting that D wins championships and we have the best D PERIOD. Clay Matthews is really good and all - but 1 man never wins the big game. Not to say we cannot be beaten, I felt really confident in 05 and 08....not so much for this one. We have been so vulnerable to short passes this year and I will give the Packers credit, they have a great passing game. But we will shut down their run game from the first snap and make them throw it a ton of times. If 56 and 92 get to Rodgers early and often there is no way they hang with us. And oh yeah, Ben is pretty good at scrambling, extending plays and we do have some lightning quick WR's that have been excellent this year. Throw in a good performance by Rashard and this will be the year for #7.

StlersGuy
01-29-2011, 08:55 PM
We play better when the world is wanting us to lose

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

steelchamp204
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Its always us against them, havent you ever noticed this? very year were in the playoffs, who picks us?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Haters will be haters..the Packers have always been the greatest franchise ever don't ya know?! I mean they're from Green Bay for God sakes, and that Brett Favre guy was the greatest QB ever.

That's fine with us, they can keep picking the Pack...we were picked to lose in both playoff games. I think we're doing ok so far.

steelersbabex25
01-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Nobody likes the Steelers. The Steelers always win and they always beat your favorite team. Who would favor a team that wins so often?

pimplydan
01-29-2011, 10:08 PM
It's all good ,It,s all good , IT'S ALL GOOD !!!

We love to be the underdog it gives us the extra chip on our shoulders that we don't even need .

Steel Trap86
01-29-2011, 10:13 PM
lol @ starks

I honestly think the Steelers have a better receiving core then the Packers. Rodgers averages 257 yards passing per game, Steelers averaged 225 and Ben didn't even play the first 4 games. I think he threw for something like 3200 yards in 12 games this season, add another 4 games and he probably would have had a 4,000 yard season behind a very below average o-line.

haters gonna hate, players gonna play

jnes1216
01-30-2011, 06:15 AM
it really doesn't matter what the analysts think.

I really want to hear Tomlins speech, Ward's dialogue and Bens rhetoric. Can anyone on the packers top Farriors and Wards speech? You don't think Casey Hampton has anything to say? Good luck. You don't think Flozell has some words. Again the leader has become the follower and again the leader is in a pittsburgh uniform. I'm angry=put me against some other fan. I will not lose.

Dean Denton
01-30-2011, 06:18 AM
They can pick the Packers all day but the best they can do is 50/50. this game is a toss up. I still give it to the Steelers because of Ben, and that D.

coldrolled
01-30-2011, 09:33 AM
We won 6... Most NFL fans would go for the Packers...

Ben needs three... Ben and the D win it.

The Bears almost beat Rodgers with a third stringer. he seemed to pass the ball fine..
Except for the INT's which were dumb$$$ throws..

Forte the one man show was spot on the short dumps and short passes along with his running and was really hurting the packers.. too.

Lets use Mendenhall to his full potential he has great hands also.

We win this one... 28-17

Of course our secondary has to be solid or we will be in for a long evening of football 34-31 either way.....

MattyVfromCT
01-30-2011, 09:37 AM

Good. I wouldnt want it any other way. It was the same in 05 and 08

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-30-2011, 12:15 PM
I got a feeling the real geniuses really know what is going to happen in this game. I am not going predict a win for us. voodoo vibes could go the wrong way. But, this might just be a beat down bad for one of these teams and I don't think the beat down team is going to be from the Pittsburgh area.

LatrobePA
01-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Flying under the radar 100%....No pressure on the Steelers, in everyones eyes (except theirs) they already lost.

AZ_Steeler
01-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Flying under the radar 100%....No pressure on the Steelers, in everyones eyes (except theirs) they already lost.

That's the key right there... if everyone is picking the packers to win it's putting a lot of pressure on guys who have never even played in the Super Bowl. I know we talked about this is another thread and I said experience don't mean much, but when the world is picking you to win the big one and you never been there, that can really mess with your head!

SteelDad
01-30-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm also picking the Packers.......

TO LOSE!!

SteelCityKid5
01-30-2011, 05:16 PM
I think this is the most nervous Ive been of the past 3 SBs (the only ones Ive seen... 95 I was 5 years old). The Packers are better than the Seahawks and Cardinals and they are a hot hot team. I dont blame people for picking the Packers. They have an O that can light up the scoreboard, they have the no. 2 best defense (stats wise), Steelers dont have their Pro Bowl center and besides Polamalu the secondary is considered weak which plays into the Packers strength. On paper, they are the favorites. But I truly believe the Stees will show up and show why this game isnt played on paper. I trust our D, Ben and Coach Tomlin.

skyking
01-30-2011, 07:18 PM

You forgot a couple...

When Rodgers does pushups, he doesn't push his body up, he pushes the earth down....

Jesus walked on water, Rodgers swims through land...

There will never be a street named for Aaron Rodgers, because no one crosses Aaron Rodgers and lives....

Rodgers and Superman once had a fight. The loser had to wear his underwear on the outside....

and finally...Aaron Rodgers actually died during a pre-season game. Death just has not gotten up the guts to tell him yet.....:lol::lol::lol:

Clevelandsux
01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Its ok, who has more super bowl wins than anyone? Hmmmm. Screw thew haters.

Real Deal Steel
01-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey, the fans and everyone are doing us a favor by not respecting us. It will keep the edge on the team as they hear for 2 whole weeks how the Packers are going to beat them.

Who played the tougher compitition all year? Us.
Who had the harder road to go with the league targeting our players? Us.

Everything is just as it should be for a Steelers victory.

SteelerCountry58
01-30-2011, 10:31 PM
I really don't listen to the talking heads in the media and what anyone has to say.:stirpot: I don't think our boys do either,they will just go about business and shut
everyone up the old fashioned way.:cope:

stevekjr
01-30-2011, 11:37 PM
me and my brother are picking the STEELERS!!!!!!!

Farrior Fan
01-31-2011, 12:40 AM
me and my brother are picking the STEELERS!!!!!!!

Jack Lambert and Joe Greene are picking the Steelers, who is gonna tell them they are wrong?

ucsteve667
01-31-2011, 12:51 AM
on the Sports Reporters this morning they said if Rodgers wins, he'll belong in the Pantheon of great QBS like Brady & Manning...
maybe someday Ben will make it huh
heh keep talking fools

DIESELMAN
01-31-2011, 07:05 AM
Jack Lambert and Joe Greene are picking the Steelers, who is gonna tell them they are wrong?

:lol: no doubt!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucsfan4ever
01-31-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm not picking the pickled packers!!

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 10:00 AM
A good case can be made for either team to win. Neither are clear favorites and from what I've been hearing the picks have been close to 50-50. I think that many fans tend to get pissed when they hear something negative about their team that they don't hear the positives. As far as other team fans go, if I had no interest in both teams I'd be pulling for the Packers simply because the Steelers have won more. I'm sure that is the case with many people.

No of it matters to the Steelers. They understand the task at hand, they know what is going to happen this week, and most of all they know that the only thing that matters is having 1 more point than the Packers around 10:30 on Sunday night.