PDA

View Full Version : NFL Refs are a JOKE !!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Yes we won today, but damn the officials in the NFL overall are just flat out pathetic. They miss calls, they make bad calls, they hose teams every week countless times.

The Farrior penalty was BS
The Harrison penalty was BS
The noncall on the fumble that Faneca forced after the pick was BS
The push off on the Bengal first TD was a non call BS
Just flat out terrible !!

The NFL needs full time officials, plain and simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 05:18 PM
I agree totally especially the one on Farrrior. I guess since Carson had his knee blown up you can't touch him now. As for the Harrison power bomb. I can see why it was called. But I still loved it and thats the way to play defense.

But you're right the refs are horrible.

SteelerDan43
12-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Its kind of ridiculous that such a high profile sport with so much money being made that there are not full time refs, hell I think that the toll booth guy makes more a year than they do...

House of Steel
12-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Maybe it is time to level them stripes out on the field.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Maybe the NFL figured if they gave the officials new uniforms they'd call the games better :nonod:

House of Steel
12-31-2006, 05:28 PM
You call that fashion improvement? They really look gayish out on that field with them stripes. THEY SUCK!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Well if they won't make full time officials, I guess they think fashion is the next best thing to do :banging:

Captcoolhand
12-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Its kind of ridiculous that such a high profile sport with so much money being made that there are not full time refs, hell I think that the toll booth guy makes more a year than they do...
Believe it or not but they make 4-6 thousand a game and I'm sure that some make more:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Most of the NFL officials are Lawyers, Company owners, Presidents, Vice presidents of company's, etc..and yes they do make alot of money, but they need to hire full time guys that do nothing but officiate games. It's just logical !

dick rasile
12-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Did anyone see the time out called. I watched Cincy's coach and he was standing around like he expected Palmer to call it.
The Steelers always have to beat the rag tosser.
That timeout was never called.

House of Steel
12-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Hire me!!!! I could do it. Lay a personal Foul on the HoochieMama and the Johnsons.

rainman
12-31-2006, 05:48 PM
today's game really showed how terrible refing is in the nfl and how they show favoritism to the point of all their bad calls and no calls to give their "team" an edge over the teams they want to lose. bottom line - they suck!

Captcoolhand
12-31-2006, 05:51 PM
Did anyone see the time out called. I watched Cincy's coach and he was standing around like he expected Palmer to call it.
The Steelers always have to beat the rag tosser.
That timeout was never called.
:clap: I was looking for the same thing. The TO was never called and the Refs were just trying to play favorites today, but that good,we came up winning:tt02:

SteelerFan87
12-31-2006, 06:01 PM
I couldn't agree more. The refs gave the Bengals that TD after Parker's fumble. The call on Farrior's hit was bullshit (what, you can't touch QBs, unless their name is Roethlisberger in which case you can kill them?), the incomplete pass to douchemanzadeh that should have been a fumble was bullshit, the pass interference on Deshea was bullshit, and the fact that they didn't call blatant holding on the bungles lineman who had his arms wrapped around Joey on the TD pass was also bullshit.

As for Harrison's body slam, yeah, I guess it might have been excesive, but still, I loved that. Slamming down Chad just like he did to that dumb Browns fan. And then right after it, Anthony Smith crushing douchemanzadeh was quite satisfying as well.

Hawk Believer
12-31-2006, 06:11 PM
What a difference a year makes.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 06:16 PM

I guess to 'hawk fans, the quote should read. "the nfl refs STILL suck" ;)

DIESELMAN
12-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Yup the tools need to be retooled. Its a wonder the Bungals don't wear the same colors as the refs....BLACK AND WHITTE STRIPES!!!!! LMFAO

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 07:34 PM

Sorry I still don't think the calls in Super Bowl XL were as bad as they were made out to be. Call me a homer all you want. Todays calls in the Bengals were ****** to say the least. It doesn't matter the Steelers still won.

Hawk Believer
12-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Sorry I still don't think the calls in Super Bowl XL were as bad as they were made out to be. Call me a homer all you want. Todays calls in the Bengals were ****** to say the least. It doesn't matter the Steelers still won.

Honestly I am not one of those conspiracy ref types re: the SB. I was just being a smart ***. :stirpot:

I honestly don't know if the refs are any worse than they were decades ago. I would bet that they are better trained now and have better quality control with the ability to review more tapes and teleconference, etc.

I think its more likely that refs' performance has not decreased but our ability to critique them has. If there was a tough call 40 years ago, it was easier to defer to the ref's judgement when you were watching a game with only 3 camera's recording it with limited replay production through a black and white small tube tv with poor resolution. Now the refs have way more cameras and a million tivo's to second guess them. And way more rules to keep track of.

Anyway, thats just some food for thought.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-31-2006, 08:53 PM
The refs are not gonna be changed by being full time, at least I don't see how that will make them any better ?? :dunno:

Iron City South
12-31-2006, 09:16 PM
I haven't felt the NFL wanted to influence the outcome of the game since, ohhhhh .... let's see ....does the playoff game with the Colts last year ring a bell with anybody?

Freaking disgusting how political this leauge is .... Honest to Christ, I won't be able to watch this sport in a few years its getting so bad.

Hawk Believer
12-31-2006, 09:48 PM
The refs are not gonna be changed by being full time, at least I don't see how that will make them any better ?? :dunno:

I think the thought is that if they spend 40 hours a week training in the off season they would be better. It would be interesting to hear the opinion of an official to see if extra book and video training would translate into improved gameday performance. It seems like it might help with some instances but....If all it took was reading and watching videos to be good at something like that then there would probably be a few people from this site who could be starting players in the NFL.:greengrin:

Forged in Steel
12-31-2006, 10:09 PM
That game was fixed for the Bungles to win. There's no doubt the NFL wants the Bungles to win the Super Bowl. They need to stop their sh*t and get these calls right!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 02:57 AM
NFL officials do go through training camps and film sessions and class room training every year...but I just think if they are full time employees, ones that can spend all year long focusing on the rules and the games, they would inevitably be more consistent.

BBG7
01-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Ok yes, there were bad calls in the game...anyone that watched it could definately see that however, we still win with the bad calls. Examples: this game, Indy playoffs last year. We don't need to blame a horrible season on the refs and we finished strong with the bad calls. Did Cincy get some calls in their favor...YES no doubt, but the losers still couldn't win. THey have nothing to blame but themselves for choking 2 weeks in a row.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 09:28 PM
If anybody ever has a right to gripe about officials, it's us. We get hosed so many times that the league takes has our fax number on speed dial to issue out those apology letters.

BBG7
01-02-2007, 10:21 AM
If anybody ever has a right to gripe about officials, it's us. We get hosed so many times that the league takes has our fax number on speed dial to issue out those apology letters.

This is true....