PDA

View Full Version : your DARK HORSE player

pimplydan
01-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Who would you choose on the steelers lineup to be the X-Factor for a Steelers superbowl victory ?

It's easy to say Ben because he has to have a solid game for sure.

You could choose one of the two blitzing LB , Woodley or Harrison.

Polamalu because he can change the outcome by himself.

I am going with Mendenhall . If he can plowdown the Green Bay defense like he did to the Jets . secondly I have seen alot of outlet passes going his way on critical downs . This will take time off the clock and will keep the Packers D honest . This can make everything else like playaction work and may create holes downfield for our receivers.

StlersGuy
01-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Brown he will be the key in the passing game. I look for him to have the game of his life and be the go to guy in the closing min's like the last two games. He is our Holmes now

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

coach
01-28-2011, 10:24 PM
D-Leg v Raji.

Lunchbucket
01-28-2011, 10:47 PM
D-Leg v Raji.

:cope: Yea show #64 some love ! Good pick:yellowthumb:

Scorp
01-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Brown or Wallace or Mendenhall......I'll always have faith in Troy finally doing something great and memorable.

Clevelandsux
01-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Watch out for bigben! He's a man with an agenda.

UKSTEELER
01-29-2011, 02:53 AM
We've been keeping Redman fresh all season.

Dude is money, get him involved more and he could be the difference?:yellowthumb:

steelchamp204
01-29-2011, 03:58 AM
D-Leg v Raji.

exact my pick in the key matchup thread

Prosdo
01-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Manny Sanders

TheButt
01-29-2011, 10:26 AM
We'll live or die with the play of Willie couldnt cover a rowboat with a 100 foot tarp Gay, He is the darkhorse... time for him to come up big. They gonna pass pass pass all day long. Rodgers will throw the ball at least 45 to 50 times in this game.

Clevelandsux
01-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Timmons

igor0190
01-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Timmons

:plus1:

I can't believe he hasn't blown up a game all by himself yet ALREADY

Rampage
01-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Jonathan Scott is my choice on offense. I had some serious doubts about this guy and was less than impressed with his play during his first several starts; however, I must give credit where credit is due: He is playing better than I would have expected. How is he going to fare against the Packers linebacking corps?

Defensively, I am taking big play Willie Gay. He had a poor year last year, but I have always liked him in the nickel and in spot duty. It looks like he is going to be lining up as the starting corner come next Sunday, so he'll have to play the best game he possibly can in order to prevent the Packers from just tearing this secondary apart.

On special teams it has to be ARE and AB on punt returns. Masthay has looked great during the playoffs and the Steelers must do all in their power to reduce the impact that he has on the game.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Im going with Isaac Redman. As good as he is in short yardage, I'd like to see him maybe get some screens or catch a pass out of the backfield. He'll definitely play a roll in this game, perhaps more than we think.

cmerrifield
01-29-2011, 12:33 PM
I think its Gay. He will have to play well as our nickel guy all game.

SteelCityKid5
01-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Sanders & Gay

scott0326
01-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Ryan Clark

SteelDad
01-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Ryan Clark

Same here. If he plays within himself and keeps EVERYTHING in front of him, he can make game-changing plays.

Offensively, Mendy. If he runs with similar success as he did last week it keeps Rodgers off the field.

SteelerDave74
01-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Clark, Polamalu, and Ike Taylor. Those three combine are going to shut down that receiving corp and give Rodgers hell.

NHStlrfan
01-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Suisham. After all he's going to get 10 of the 34 the Steelers score. 34-17.
For all you math majors that's 4 extra points and 2 field goals. ;)

Farrior Fan
01-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Ike, ol Stone Hands pulls off a pick 6 to seal the deal

steelers4life66
01-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Mendenhall.... The fudge packers are 18th against the run. He could very well have another successful game like did against the jets.:crossfingers:

SteelerCountry58
01-29-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm gonna go with Heath Miller. He'll be crucial on getting the
tough first downs to keep drives alive and bail Ben out on occasion.

jnes1216
01-30-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm going to go with Lamar Woodley on defense--I hope he eats Bulaga alive. And Redman on offense, he has been running with purpose all year imo.

Clevelandsux
01-30-2011, 02:00 AM
Jonathan Scott is my choice on offense. I had some serious doubts about this guy and was less than impressed with his play during his first several starts; however, I must give credit where credit is due: He is playing better than I would have expected. How is he going to fare against the Packers linebacking corps?

Defensively, I am taking big play Willie Gay. He had a poor year last year, but I have always liked him in the nickel and in spot duty. It looks like he is going to be lining up as the starting corner come next Sunday, so he'll have to play the best game he possibly can in order to prevent the Packers from just tearing this secondary apart.

On special teams it has to be ARE and AB on punt returns. Masthay has looked great during the playoffs and the Steelers must do all in their power to reduce the impact that he has on the game.

Scott? Hmmm he sucks. Worst player on this team.

jnes1216
01-30-2011, 02:13 AM
Scott? Hmmm he sucks. Worst player on this team.

But it is the darkhorse player= the player you least expect.

Still not buying it, ok me neither. But I'll settle for "plays his butt off and becomes average".

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2011, 02:35 AM
I'm going with Brett Keisel.....I think he nets at least 1 sack and bats a ball in the air that leads to a pick........

DBR96A
01-30-2011, 02:51 AM
Dark horse: Heath Miller.

I've heard some Packer fans complain about their defense's ability to cover TEs, so that could work to our advantage if we incorporate him more in the game plan.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2011, 03:05 AM
Dark horse: Heath Miller.

I've heard some Packer fans complain about their defense's ability to cover TEs, so that could work to our advantage if we incorporate him more in the game plan.

Its true the Packers D can be exploited in the middle.....Miller had 7 catches for 118 yards in last years meeting.......I would even use Mendenhall and the other RB's over the middle against them....

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Miller had over 100 yards receiving and two TD's........

jnes1216
01-30-2011, 03:10 AM
I went on denver talk radio two years ago lamenting the importance of Heath Miller and they poo-pooed me. Then I laughed as we collected number six.
Damn it made that afc championship in 05 that much sweeter.

All stufff aside, I think Miller is wide open over the middle for this year's game, with all the focus on our wideouts, #83 comes through as only he can.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2011, 03:20 AM
I went on denver talk radio two years ago lamenting the importance of Heath Miller and they poo-pooed me. Then I laughed as we collected number six.
Damn it made that afc championship in 05 that much sweeter.

All stufff aside, I think Miller is wide open over the middle for this year's game, with all the focus on our wideouts, #83 comes through as only he can.

Green Bay's D struggled with play-action in last years meaning as well....I would pound Mendenhall early to set up play-action........

Sir Blitzelot
01-30-2011, 02:22 PM
William Gay

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2011, 12:18 PM
I expect Rodgers to go after Gay in this game so him getting a big play is definitely a possibility. He'll be coming on some blitzes too and he's very effective in that regard.

pimplydan
01-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Green Bay's D struggled with play-action in last years meaning as well....I would pound Mendenhall early to set up play-action........

That's exactly what I'm thinking . Like I mentioned at the start of this thread .

coldrolled
01-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Bulaga dealing with Woodley.. allowing Farrior to have a banner game blitzing with multiple sacks... setting up his retirement speech after the big win.....

Farrior... The Dark Horse.

MDSteel15
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Suisham hitting a 45 yarder to win it!!!

Phdboy2020
02-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I think the matchup everyone is going to be talking about is legursky vs. raji. Should be a good matchup, but doesnt concern me as much b/c ben likes to roll out of the pocket anyway which means either the packer's LB's or CB's are goin to be in ben's face all night. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, b/c that means the middle/outside should be open most of the night, depending on the play. Also, we could use Moore's catching ability in this game if we use him on screen plays, which could slow down GB's blitz game.

Phenomenal TJ
02-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Taylor/McFadden/Gay Vs. Driver & co.