PDA

View Full Version : Parker finishes the year with 16 TD's

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Congrats to Willie Parker, on a helluva year ! 16 TD's ! Congrats on a record setting year and here's to continued success !

The man's upside is so huge and he has a lieftime ahead of him to continue to get better and better. As good as he was this year, there's still alot he can work on to improve even more but if he continues the trend he's been on, the sky is the limit.

House of Steel
12-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Oh Hell Yeah. Willie is da man and the future for the Burgh. We are alright at RB, just need a backup that is proven to take a little weight off of Parker. I am so glad we got this undrafted free agent. Time to buy me a Parker Jersey.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Willie had a great season and deserved that record. I just hope Willie learns to hold onto the pigskin alittle better.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah he does need to work on the fumble issue because it costs us and could have cost us other times, but overall the guy is a helluva competitor and Im glad he's on our side.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah he does need to work on the fumble issue because it costs us and could have cost us other times, but overall the guy is a helluva competitor and Im glad he's on our side.

Oh trust me Top Gun I love Willie Parker and he had an awesome year. The guy is a special player. Willie Parker improved greatly this year. All he needs to work on is that fumbling. But alot of great RB's fumbled at one time or another in their careers. I even remember a year that Jerome Bettis fumbled 7 times with the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 06:03 PM
The guy has just improved so much every year since he's gotten into the league. Im proud of him and what he's been able to do for us and how much he's helped us win.

He's got things to work on, like everyone else, but overall Im so excited for him and his future.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Oh I'm totally excited about Willie Parker in the future. Plus factor in a healthy Big Ben and Holmes gaining experience. The Steelers offense has the potential to be very explosive next year.

House of Steel
12-31-2006, 06:11 PM
If we plug in the holes in the Defense, LOOK OUT!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Our OL is the key, we have got to get more consistent play by the line. When they are on, the running game is on and so is the passing game. That's the way it always is. When they are off, everything is off.

Aunkster
12-31-2006, 06:13 PM
looking forward to next year

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 06:15 PM
If we plug in the holes in the Defense, LOOK OUT!!!!!!

I agree. But I think Anthony Smith and James Harrison could be those plugs. Look at the big hits they both had today. I don't know for the life of me why James Harrison doesn't get more playing time? I swear he has Greg Lloyd's attitude on how to play defense (nasty).

Aunkster
12-31-2006, 06:17 PM
I agree 100% and I need to get this out of my system,that tacle was a very clean tackle...ok I feel better now..

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 06:28 PM
I agree. Put I think Anthony Smith and James Harrison could be those plugs. Look at the big hits they both had today. I don't know for the life of me why James Harrison doesn't get more playing time? I swear he has Greg Lloyd's attitude on how to play defense (nasty).

He'll get that chance next year. Haggans didn't have a real good year overall, and Harrison could very well take over next year. Anthony Smith I think has nailed down his right to fight for the starting spot next camp. I look for him to really step up next year.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 06:34 PM
He'll get that chance next year. Haggans didn't have a real good year overall, and Harrison could very well take over next year. Anthony Smith I think has nailed down his right to fight for the starting spot next camp. I look for him to really step up next year.

I agree. I think Smith is a stud and would make a great combo at safety with Troy. I just love the way Harrison plays the game. I think both Smith and Harrison with their hitting style puts the fear back in the Steelers defenses. I think at times this year that offenses didn't fear the Steelers defense like they did in years past. The refs and enforcing the rules to much has alot to do with it. But as you seen the big hits today by Smith and Harrison puts the nasty back in the Big Nasty D.

Only if the Steelers can find a way to stop Chris Henry. That little punk burns us all the time. I think Smith and Harrison need to lay the smack on him next year and put some fear into him.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 06:40 PM
The team needs more players with attitudes like Porter, Harrison, Foote, Smith, etc. Sure we'll get some penalities called against us, but we're a physical tough team. Win or lose the opposing team is going to know they played us the next morning while they're crawling out of their beds in pain !

House of Steel
12-31-2006, 06:42 PM
That is what defines the Steelers. WE GIVE PAIN a NEW HELLISH NIGHTMARE REMINDER TO THE OPPONENTS!!!!

dick rasile
12-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Wouldn't you know that our CBS station had decided to show the Browns game. What a bunch of dumb asses.
WKBN in Youngstown, figure that out. Their viewing area has to be mostly Steelers. Drop them a line Gals and Guys, this is Steeler Nation besides the Browns still suck. Email them at dcoy@wkbn.com

House of Steel
12-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Dude, I tried to get WKBN here in Cleveland with Rabbit ears and the only way possible is a bright, clear day. I have WOIO 19 Cleveland. It won't do any good, Dick. Trust me, the decision lie within the NFL. You should be able to get WTRF 7 Steubenville/Wheeling WV from Youngstown, shouldn't you? I got that when I lived in East Liverpool back in the early 90s. KDKA might come in sometimes in Youngstown on a clear blue sky day.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 06:55 PM
The team needs more players with attitudes like Porter, Harrison, Foote, Smith, etc. Sure we'll get some penalities called against us, but we're a physical tough team. Win or lose the opposing team is going to know they played us the next morning while they're crawling out of their beds in pain !

I disagree with Porter. He is just more talk then anything now. I like Joey but when your mouth is writing checks that your *** can't cash then its time to shut it and play. I just expect so much from Joey that I'm extra hard on him and its safe to say he had a down year from his standards.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 07:14 PM
I like his attitude and his leadership, but yes his play has been down this year from previous years. This year he's faced more double teams than ever and wasn't able to be consistently beat them like we hoped. The whole defense struggled this year so I can't lay the majority of blame on Porter though...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 07:54 PM
I like his attitude and his leadership, but yes his play has been down this year from previous years. This year he's faced more double teams than ever and wasn't able to be consistently beat them like we hoped. The whole defense struggled this year so I can't lay the majority of blame on Porter though...

I don't blame Porter for all the defenses struggles this year. I just think if you run your mouth like Joey does then you better back it up with your play. Joey for the most part hasn't backed up his talk.

DIESELMAN
12-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Way to go Willie!!!!! Wait till they get a load of us next year....look out NFL!!!!!

Steelx
01-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Man its funny how a month ago a lot of you were asking for him to be replaced? I am not sure who it was exactly but there was a thread on how someone didnt want him in there every down.

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 11:12 AM
I remember this squarely. I never called for Willie to be replaced. I knew this guy was going to turn it on in the latter part of the season and boy did he ever. Willie is our star and will be our starter for a long time. He just flat out dominant with speed and brillance. He brought back the term speedy rusher to Pittsburgh. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: Way to go, Willie!!!

Steelersfan
01-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Man its funny how a month ago a lot of you were asking for him to be replaced? I am not sure who it was exactly but there was a thread on how someone didnt want him in there every down.

That was me Steel-x. And to be honest I'm still not a fan of Willie being the everydown back. He had a great year and I'm not trying to take anything away from him. He was the team MVP and deserved it.
My biggest things is I guess I'm still not use to this type of running game. We've had Bettis, Morris and Foster type backs for so long.....lol

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey, Dan, you can't blame yourself for trying to adjust to speed running from Power running. I can understand your point clearly since we've had Bettis for a quite awhile. We all been accustomed to Cowher's system of pounding the ball right down the defense's throats. Do I miss it? The heck I do. I am pretty sure the Rooneys are missing that type of back also. They know and the coaches know that power running has made the Steelers the winning team they've grown accustomed too. I hope to someday see us get back to the winning forumla. Willie is a heck of a talent and a blessing for our offense, don't get me wrong, I want a power back, but I am very satisified with Willie's abilities to burst open and turn on that fifth gear. This is a very exciting time to be a Steelers Fan. I believe we are in for one hell of a ride in the next few seasons ahead, cause I smell another Super Bowl Title or two coming.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 12:39 PM
That was me Steel-x. And to be honest I'm still not a fan of Willie being the everydown back. He had a great year and I'm not trying to take anything away from him. He was the team MVP and deserved it.
My biggest things is I guess I'm still not use to this type of running game. We've had Bettis, Morris and Foster type backs for so long.....lol

It's some that every one of us needs to adjust too, myself included. Im a huge fan of big tough running backs, that's all we've ever known. It is an adjustment because players like Willie, Amos, Erric Peagram, that we've had have always been complimentary backs to a Bettis, Morris, Foster, etc.

I still feel we need to have Najeh or somebody else step up and be more proactive and get more touches, but the difficult thing to adjust too is using the power back as the complimentary back, instead of the speed guy like it used to be. Im a huge Willie fan, everyone knows that, but there were times this year when I questioned if he could carry the load, but overall I think he'll be fine; it's the offensive line that we need to sure up.

AZ_Steeler
01-01-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm all for Najeh sticking around but Willie proved he can carry the load this year and be an every down feature back. I had my doubts about him comiing into this year but he has proved me wrong and has been awesome this year! He had an awesome year and could easily break the 2000 yard mark if he oculd get things going on the road! :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm more then happy with Willie Parker as the starter. I would like the Steelers to still look to draft a power back to spell Willie from time to time. I know Dookie is a big back but he is alittle to soft and I would be worried if Willie went down for any length of time and Dookie was the main backup.

The Steelers still should try to resign Dookie for depth purposes but a need is still their for a power back. I'm one of those that thinks speed kills in the NFL today so I have no problem with a speed back being the starter. Plus with Willie's 337 carries and 13 rushing TD's he proved he can be a tough runner as well. He just can't run against the Ravens and thats why maybe a power back could help against the Ravens next year.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm all for Najeh sticking around but Willie proved he can carry the load this year and be an every down feature back. I had my doubts about him comiing into this year but he has proved me wrong and has been awesome this year! He had an awesome year and could easily break the 2000 yard mark if he oculd get things going on the road! :cope:

:iagree:

No doubt AZ, plus if defenses start respecting the Steelers passing game more then Willie will have a great shot to run for 2,000 yards.

K Train
01-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Najeh isnt soft, he runs hard but hes a bigger back that runs more like a smaller back, hes 250 but runs like hes 220, he has great speed and skills, you guys are just comparing him to the bus which isnt fair. If you guys want a big back lets hope for a move for bush this year although i doubt that will happen.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 02:48 PM
When was Dookie ever compared to the Bus? I don't think anyone compared Davenport to the Bus. I would like Michael Bush to the Steelers power back but I still want Willie Parker as the starter. Plus Bush would be insurance just incase Parker went down with serious injury. I wouldn't want Dookie as the main backup. I don't know why people like this guy so much? He is a solid player but nothing special. Sorry if your 250 pounds and you run like 220 you're soft. He runs screen passes well and is a good kick returner and some think he is all that.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I'd like to give Najeh another year to see what he can do with a full Steelers training camp and offseason work out under his belt. He showed flashes at times this year so I think he can be good for us, and he sure ran hard yesterday.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I'd like to give Najeh another year to see what he can do with a full Steelers training camp and offseason work out under his belt. He showed flashes at times this year so I think he can be good for us, and he sure ran hard yesterday.

Matt, I think Dookie is a solid player and he does some things very well. But I wouldn't want him as the backup plan if Wille went down with a serious injury. He should be resigned for depth purposes though. You can never have enough RB's.

BlitzburghNation
01-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Love Willie P,,,,,,,But he does need to hang on to the pig skin a little better !
I think he'll correct that in the off-season,can't wait to watch him next year and hopefully our steelers can bring home #6 !
I still believe we'll be the 1st team to win 6 superbowls,,,,,,,,GO STEELERS !

K Train
01-01-2007, 05:03 PM
he wasnt compared to the bus but you guys are trying to make him out like hes supposed to be that kind of runner. When i said hes 250 and runs like 220, i meant he is fast and has nice feet and can make people miss, its not like hes normally a bulldozer runner and is doing bad at it like duce was for a while, he was this kind of runner at miami and green bay so hes running how he always had. He just not a typical 250 pound running back and has special skills.

I dont know why he couldnt be a capable backup :dunno: hes done alright so far. and he did great in green bay, a full training amp and being in game shape right from the get go might be all it takes.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Your right Dookie has quick feet for a big man. I think he is a solid player but nothing special. I wouldn't call he did in Green Bay great. He had some decent years.

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I think we will resign Dookie for depth purposes and draft a good power back in the first three rounds of the draft. I would absolutely be thrilled to have Bush in Black and Gold, but that is dreaming. I am not sure how strong the depth chart is for the draft as far as RB go. We need to address the Offensive Line first.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 05:35 PM
I think we will resign Dookie for depth purposes and draft a good power back in the first three rounds of the draft. I would absolutely be thrilled to have Bush in Black and Gold, but that is dreaming. I am not sure how strong the depth chart is for the draft as far as RB go. We need to address the Offensive Line first.

I agree with everything you said in this post House. Dookie is great for depth but another back is needed for just incase. So I would want a power back. Yea Bush would be nice but I also like Brian Leonard from Rutgers.

I think Oline always needs to be looked at. You can never have enough Olineman. But I think injecting some youth into the LB core would be smart.

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I am sure the Rooneys and Colbert will address to that in the draft. I wouldn't mind Leonard too, he proven his worth this season at Rutgers. Things are going to get exciting in Pittsburgh regardless of what the situation is with BC.

K Train
01-01-2007, 05:39 PM
well he had limited playing time but he did pick up the slack and had over 1000 yards in his few years there backing up green, but a solid player would be a good way to describe him....what more can you want for a backup, how many teams have a buckup RB that would be considered something special?

LatrobePA
01-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Love you Willie, I just wish he could of held onto the ball the last couple weeks in the redzone. But he is still a STUD!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 10:24 PM
I agree with everything you said in this post House. Dookie is great for depth but another back is needed for just incase. So I would want a power back. Yea Bush would be nice but I also like Brian Leonard from Rutgers.

I think Oline always needs to be looked at. You can never have enough Olineman. But I think injecting some youth into the LB core would be smart.

I'd like to see him come back, and I think he'd come fairly cheap against the cap. He had alot of potential in Green Bay but had some injuries. He managed to stay healthy in limited playing time this year which is more than we can say for Duce :nonod: You're right we can't have enough good backs in our offense so I'd think we'll draft one and or look for one in FA. If for no other reason than to push Dookie for that backup role.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I'd like to see him come back, and I think he'd come fairly cheap against the cap. He had alot of potential in Green Bay but had some injuries. He managed to stay healthy in limited playing time this year which is more than we can say for Duce :nonod: You're right we can't have enough good backs in our offense so I'd think we'll draft one and or look for one in FA. If for no other reason than to push Dookie for that backup role.

**** a bum on the street had more value then Duce.lol Yea I wouldn't mind Dookie being resigned. I just don't know if I would be comfortable if he was the man if Willie went down with a serious injury. I think Dookie is solid/role player but I don't think he would ever be starter material.

Brian Leonard is really an interesting prospect. He can play FB to.