PDA

View Full Version : If Ben Roethlisberger gets Super Bowl MVP Honors

Scorp
01-28-2011, 06:02 PM
What will it add to his stature?

Does he really need the MVP to be a greater quarterback?

What will it do or won't it do for Ben long after he is retired.

Will he still be a first ballot hofamer without it?

Let's talk about this and leave no stone unturned. Can't wait to read your comments. :yellowthumb:

MDSteel15
01-28-2011, 06:10 PM
When we win next Sunday, if he is MVP, he is automatic 1st ballot H.O.F., instantly moves to 1b as in he and Brady are 2 best QBs in NFL, and people will start saying he is the best QB in Steeler history.... :banana: :bunny:

NHStlrfan
01-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Can't help but enhance his stature. We're hearing it already. A number of talking heads have noted he's still in his 20's and likley has as many years left as he's played if not more. He plays for the best franchise in history and is likely to be back at least 2 more times to the SB. Being one of only 5 QBs with 3 or more wins and the HOF will be his home. If he ends up with 4, then the debate is over.

cmerrifield
01-28-2011, 06:50 PM
We will see if he gets it. The Packers D was 18th against the run. I could see Mendy getting it because of Ben's "off field issues." Either way, I dont think Ben cares much, he just wants to be in the running because he won the game. I think he should have been the MVP of the last SB. I dont think it will affect him in Elite QB talks or even his HOF status. I just dont think that stuff matters much, and unless you can throw for a million yards and never win more than one SB you wont be elite.

UKSTEELER
01-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Brady threw his *** to the floor rather than escape and find a reciever, NE lost to the Jets.

Ben avoided the rush, made time and found 'Young Money' for the game clinching first down, Steelers beat the Jets . . .

Great QBing isnt just about a tight spiral, perfect mechanics and pretty stats, its about making the plays when it matters . . .

Ben is already top of my QB list.:helmet:

steelersbabex25
01-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Ben needs all the help he can get. The whole rapist thing will work its magic keeping him out of the HOF.

SteelerDave74
01-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Ben is already a legend in my book, a Hall of Famer, and I am going on the money call here, he will become the first FIVE TIME Super Bowl Champion in NFL History.

Rampage
01-28-2011, 08:01 PM
If he gets MVP, it means he did something that many feel he didn't in the prior two Super Bowls and that is completely win a game himself. If he pulls that off, I feel that it will add to the potency of potentially having three rings. He'll never get the passing title or league MVP honors, but a Super Bowl MVP may help him get into that elite passer realm that so many try to hold him out of.

airbrake 1
01-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I think all ben has to do now is put up respectable numbers for the the remainder of his career to get in the hall of fame...a super bowl MVP and a few more championships would just be gravy...i really think he should have got the MVP for super bowl 43, but it appears that he will have more chances to earn those accolades...go big ben:tt02:

Scorp
01-29-2011, 12:06 AM
I think all ben has to do now is put up respectable numbers for the the remainder of his career to get in the hall of fame...a super bowl MVP and a few more championships would just be gravy...i really think he should have got the MVP for super bowl 43, but it appears that he will have more chances to earn those accolades...go big ben:tt02:

I voted for Ben, Holmes, and Harrison in SB XLIII.

tburg68
01-29-2011, 11:24 AM
After his last off season, Ben will need to have stats so far and above what any other player has to win the MVP. IMO, he won it last year. Ben is already a HOF, and will only add to his record the next ten years.

Whether or not he is voted into the HOF, depends upon the bias of voters and whether they are swayed by the media reports of his off field activity. On field will leave no doubts.

Nolrog
01-29-2011, 04:05 PM

Let's talk about this and leave no stone unturned. Can't wait to read your comments. :yellowthumb:

To be a greater quarterback than who?

Do people remember that Terry Bradshaw won 2 SB MVPs or do they remember he won 4 Super Bowls?

If he gets his 3rd ring, he punches his ticket for the HoF. MVP or not. There are only 4 QBs in the history of the SB that have won 3 or more. Aikman, Brady, Bradshaw and Montana, and that's it. And keep in mind that he's still really young, so it's possible he could add more.

andyg1984
01-29-2011, 04:10 PM
if he wins mvp i hope they are watching in milledgeville, GA ..

Callax
01-29-2011, 04:55 PM

He has won 2 SB's, when he wins a third, MVP or not, this puts him in some ELITE company!!
He should be considered one of the best QB's in the league, but isn't...
At 28, he could not be on the winning team this year (don't believe this). He is young enough to return and win a few more (I hope)
When Pitt wins, this will make Ben a 1st ballot HOFer. He does not need to win the MVP to be HOFer.

DanRooney
01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Ben is coming off of a relatively bad game. He usually doesn't have 2 in a row. Vice versa for Mendenhall.