PDA

View Full Version : Last time these 2 teams met...

pimplydan
01-28-2011, 04:48 PM
I tape all steeler games on dvd , I 've taped every televised game since early 90's .

Started on vhs cassettes but got ever game on dvd since Ben started his first game .

Anyway , I rewatch the last game Steelers vs Packers . What a shootout .Ben broke his passing record he threw for over 500 yds , no int's .

Steelers were on a 5 game lossing streak Polamalu didn't play . For the Packers Finley TE was there and he had a huge game some 10 catchs including a TD .
Not much running in this game for either team ,Rodgers broke a couple of long runs one for a TD. We got pressure on Rodgers a couple of sacks , but when he went into shootgun empty backfield we only rushed 4 and we were not very effective .Ben got sacked at least 3 times , but man was he ever amazing , moved around alot but made plays after plays .He seemed to be very comfortable and confident.

Scorp
01-28-2011, 04:52 PM
That was a great game Bro. and too close at that. Especially with the Steelers final play in the endzone. I do hope we get something similar to this in the Super Bowl but with the Packers falling a bit more behind, trailing by at least 8.

NHStlrfan
01-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Looking for more from both defenses in this game. Both are playing better this year and both are much better in turnovers. Ben's major advantage is after he's hit. He gets better. Rodgers, as was the case last week does not. QB pressure likely to play a major. If I recall there wasn't much of that in this game either.

Sir Blitzelot
01-28-2011, 04:59 PM
I tape all steeler games on dvd , I 've taped every televised game since early 90's .

Started on vhs cassettes but got ever game on dvd since Ben started his first game .

Anyway , I rewatch the last game Steelers vs Packers . What a shootout .Ben broke his passing record he threw for over 500 yds , no int's .

Steelers were on a 5 game lossing streak Polamalu didn't play . For the Packers Finley TE was there and he had a huge game some 10 catchs including a TD .
Not much running in this game for either team ,Rodgers broke a couple of long runs one for a TD. We got pressure on Rodgers a couple of sacks , but when he went into shootgun empty backfield we only rushed 4 and we were not very effective .Ben got sacked at least 3 times , but man was he ever amazing , moved around alot but made plays after plays .He seemed to be very comfortable and confident.

I don't think you can look at a game from last year and draw any conclusions on an outcome for the Super Bowl. There is so much turnover within a team from year to year, and coaches develop new play calls and schemes, that past games really become irrelevant. :2cents:

Clevelandsux
01-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Our defense sucked last year. What I remember from that game is we had to keep our defense off of the field. It may have been our biggest highlight of the 2009 season.

coldrolled
01-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't think you can look at a game from last year and draw any conclusions on an outcome for the Super Bowl. There is so much turnover within a team from year to year, and coaches develop new play calls and schemes, that past games really become irrelevant. :2cents:

The packers have something like 15 players on IR this year.

steelersbabex25
01-28-2011, 05:50 PM
I was watching that game today, it was on NFL Network. All I have to say is our secondary consisted of: Carter, Gay, Burnett (for most of the game), and Clark. Are you kidding me?! That's gotta be the worst secondary that the Steelers have had in a long time. Have Polamalu out there and NOT Carter will make a huge difference.

That being said, if Ben and Miller both play the way they did in the game last year, it's a Steeler win, no questions asked.

SteelerDave74
01-28-2011, 05:51 PM
The Packers are the most penalized team this season. That could spell disaster for em.

steelersbabex25
01-28-2011, 05:52 PM
The Packers are the most penalized team this season. That could spell disaster for em.

The Steelers have definitely had their fair share too, whether it's legitimate or not.

Clevelandsux
01-28-2011, 09:51 PM
I just watched it. Rodgers took a few hard shots in that game. Like much of the 2009 season, our defense blew another lead. We had the game in hand until the 4th qtr. Funny, our punter kapinas was with the Pack last year. There kicker crosby was having problems too.

Dan
01-28-2011, 09:56 PM
It was on NFL network today, I didn't see it, but I recorded it. He's one of only 3 QB's to have a 500 yard, 3 TD, 0 INT game along with YA Tittle and Warren Moon, not bad company

pimplydan
01-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Ben knows how to attack the Gren Bay defense.Yes on that night everything went too good to be true , but he will have his sleeve rolled up and ready to dominate them again.
The beauty of it IS , our defense is playing a hell of alot better than during that time , and Polamalu is playing .
I can see alot of things going in our favor.

acero
01-28-2011, 11:19 PM
polamalu was not in that game, we had lewis as a cb, they had finley, and off course we have a much much better coaching staff then the packers , yes although they have capers, greene and perry i still think tomlin lebeau and company are at another level

steelers 31 green bay 24

:tt02:

DBR96A
01-29-2011, 02:30 PM

So that makes two built-in excuses if the Packers lose. If they get flagged a bunch, then clearly it's because the referees favor the Steelers. And if they would have had any of those players on IR back, then they would have won, no question. Even if we win, we can't win. :banging:

Dan
01-29-2011, 05:23 PM
So that makes two built-in excuses if the Packers lose. If they get flagged a bunch, then clearly it's because the referees favor the Steelers. And if they would have had any of those players on IR back, then they would have won, no question. Even if we win, we can't win. :banging:

The Packers don't have much right to complain about the refs, but you know if they lose, a lot of people will make excuses for them.

Heinzie
01-29-2011, 05:30 PM
I like us winning as well but I think it will be by 3 pts.

DBR96A
01-29-2011, 05:38 PM
The Packers don't have much right to complain about the refs, but you know if they lose, a lot of people will make excuses for them.

A lot of people make excuses for the losing team if the Steelers happen to be the winning team. It's the standard operating procedure of many: when the Steelers lose a big game, the other team was "better," but when the Steelers win a big game, they were "lucky."

NHStlrfan
01-29-2011, 08:11 PM
A lot of people make excuses for the losing team if the Steelers happen to be the winning team. It's the standard operating procedure of many: when the Steelers lose a big game, the other team was "better," but when the Steelers win a big game, they were "lucky."

Get used to it. You're going to hear more excuses from the boys at ESPN and the rest of the national media a week from Monday. Look at the match ups and look at the players and coaches. The Steelers have the edge. An early sack or two with big hits to Rodgers and the excuse will be handed over on a silver platter. If only the GB O-Line were better. I can almost hear it already. :tt02: :2cents:

SteelerDave74
01-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Let em all talk bad about us, in the end, we all know who will be raising up that Vince Lombardi. I am banking on that, Steelers 35 Packers 17

Packerfan_NoTroll
01-31-2011, 02:03 AM

Hey guys (and ladies). Packer fan here to talk about the upcoming big game.

I'm not quite sure where you got this stat from, but the Packers actually were penalized the 4th fewest in the NFL this year, at 4.8 penalties per game. This figure includes an 18 penalty outing in week 3 at Chicago.

Here's to a hard fought, injury-free football game. Good luck!

Scorp
01-31-2011, 03:59 AM
great posts by all of the above. :yellowthumb:

DIESELMAN
01-31-2011, 05:38 AM
No one should be comparing last years matchup to this one. Two totally different teams this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pimplydan
01-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Let em all talk bad about us, in the end, we all know who will be raising up that Vince Lombardi. I am banking on that, Steelers 35 Packers 17

SteelerDave74 I love this type of optimizium . If your score is close to right I am going to have one helluva good day .

Scorp
01-31-2011, 06:47 AM
No one should be comparing last years matchup to this one. Two totally different teams this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said it Bro. Can't wait to see what we get come Sunday. Should be a sweet surprise nonetheless. :yellowthumb:

SteelCurtainYinzer
01-31-2011, 07:23 PM

And with that, when the Steelers win, will be Monday morning's reason why the Steelers were given the game. At least that will be the big complaint by those who hate the Steelers.
They will say the ref's had it in for Green Bay and that is why we won!

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
:thinking::thinking:

I'm not quite sure where you got this stat from, but the Packers actually were penalized the 4th fewest in the NFL this year, at 4.8 penalties per game. This figure includes an 18 penalty outing in week 3 at Chicago.

Yes they are a very disciplined team. I wouldn't count on a stupid penalty on their part.

Dan
01-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Maybe they would have been the most penalized if all of the penalties they committed in week 17 against the Bears had been called lol

LarryNJ
01-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Maybe they would have been the most penalized if all of the penalties they committed in week 17 against the Bears had been called lol

:lol::lol:

xxxsteelernation
02-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I keep on hearing references to last years green bay game and how they almost beat us and were racking up yards on our d. but if memory serves me well wasn't troy and smitty out for that game as well? people seem to forget that when troy is playing we are able to do more disquising and take more chances then when we don't have him in there. and pretty much shut down passing game when he is within ten yards of the line of scrimmage before the snap. this is proved because opponets average like 20+ points against us without troy, and average around 14 points with him. and average around 9 points when we have both troy and smitty on the field. so if math serves me right and smitty don't play it think 14 points should be more than enough to beat the packers. barring any special team miscues.