PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations: Cowher Tribute Thread

Iron City South
12-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Sure, I've had my disagreements with some of the decisions he made over the years, but at the end of the day .... I'm proud to say that he was the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He epitomized what Steeler football was all about and wore the colors with pride.

Congratulations Coach

and

Thanks for the Memories! :tt02:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGV021~Bill-Cowher-Posters.jpg

:helmet: 1991-2006 :helmet:

House of Steel
12-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Congratulations, Bill. May your retirement bring you much happiness and time with your family more rewarding. In the 15 years you've coached our beloved Steelers, you have brought intensity, passion, fire, excitement, and a championship that has finally brought the ONE FOR THE THUMB!!! It is going to be a sad day in Pittsburgh when this becomes official. I will say this, COWHER POWER WILL FOREVER LIVE IN THE HEART OF THE STEELER NATION AND THE CITY OF PITTSBURGH!!!! God Bless you, Bill Cowher.

Steelerlyn
12-31-2006, 12:44 PM
he is staying, returning with a new attitude i hope

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2006, 12:47 PM
I think we should wait on this until he actually makes the annoucement...after that I'll be at the head of the line to toast his greatness :tt02:

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-31-2006, 01:05 PM
annoucement is just for show. The decision had been made for sometime. Thanks coach enjoy North Carolina.

Blitzburgh55
12-31-2006, 03:27 PM
I think he might stay

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Well I'm thankful for all that Bill Cowher has done for the Pittsburgh Steelers organization. He did bring the 5th Lombardi home. But I think a change has been long over due. Plus with Cowher coaching like a bitch this year I can't wait for change. Then I heard the leading factor in his retirement was money and not having a contract extension. Well Cowher take a year off and Daniel Synder will give you the money want.

Here is to a new day in Steelers history.

Iron City South
12-31-2006, 10:22 PM
If this IS really about money ....

I can't feel bad for Cowher if he's expecting BIG (top of the league) type money from a franchise that gave him 15 years of employment longevity. No other team in the league would have kept him on payroll that long and he knows it.

It was a fun ride, but we'll see ya Bill ...

Steelx
01-01-2007, 11:03 AM
If he does retire he will be back very soon. To me it will be more like a long vacation. The guy is to young to retire.

and TG you just want the points when you start the thread.

Steelersfan
01-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Well if BC retires I'll be happy for him. Like ICS said I've had my ups and downs with things he has done but he has been a good coach for us for a long time. Hopefully we get someone who can bring that fire that BC had over the years.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 12:46 PM
If he does retire he will be back very soon. To me it will be more like a long vacation. The guy is to young to retire.

and TG you just want the points when you start the thread.

STFU ! :banana:

If/when BC makes the annoucement I will post up a speech in here just like the rest of you to honor our man of steel. I just don't want to jinx it by telling him goodbye before he's really gone :lol:

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Someone is jealous around here. :whistle: You did a nice tribute sig, Matt. Very well done.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 12:53 PM
X is only messing around, maybe he is hungover :lol:

Halfway through this season I was ready for a change, a head coaching change; not because I thought Cowher was a bad coach, but whether or not the players were responding to him anymore and whether he really wanted to continue coaching because he just didn't seem like the same guy we're used to seeing. Then seeing us win 6 out of the last 8, my feelings have been turning back to Cowher and wondering if him leaving is the best thing. I'll be a fan through and through no matter what, always !

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 12:59 PM
That explains it, sheesh am I the only sober one around here today??? I know we was all calling for Cowher's head mid-season. I heard it all over the Steelers TV Market people calling for Cowher and wonder what the hell he was doing to the Steelers. You know he couldn't help it, the team was falling apart before his eyes, but finally straighten up to make a nice run at it going 6-2 in the last 8 games as you mentioned.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 01:23 PM
The Steelers wrap up shows last night after the game, joe bendell was talking about how it's not the players that are keeping BC away, but rather the money? He was adamant about it. I still have to think it's more about just needing a break from football and actually getting a whole year to spend with his daughters and wife. That being the case though, why not play out the last year of your contract and go out with no questions or media circus about what your decision will be. Then you can step back for your break and do your thing. This way if he does retire though, the Steelers still own him for the last year of his contract and any other team would have to buy that out from the Steelers before he could play anywhere.

However maybe it is more about money, and maybe Cowher just wanting to take a break and then come back is more about money than anything else. Hell I don't know, but I don't want to believe it's about money...

AZ_Steeler
01-01-2007, 02:03 PM
That's an awesome pic of Cowher in the snow!

I really hope he returns but if he doesn't thanks for everything it's been an awesome ride Coach!

House of Steel
01-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't understand why it would be money? Think about it, the guy has 15 years of coaching and a nice big nest egg in my opinion. How much more does a guy need to be happy in life? Money isn't everything. Hell I be happy with a Million a Year.

PITT23
01-01-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm trying to not let his disinterest this season overshadow every other year. Thanks coach.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't understand why it would be money? Think about it, the guy has 15 years of coaching and a nice big nest egg in my opinion. How much more does a guy need to be happy in life? Money isn't everything. Hell I be happy with a Million a Year.
'

Hey the guy is human, and stranger things have happened. If you think about it, you could possibly see how it could be atleast a fair amount of the decision based on money. It's not the players, he loves them. It's not the coaches or FO, he loves them too, it's not the city cuz everybody loves him ( well most do :lol: ) so I'd venture a guess that the majority of it is his family but rather large part of the rest could be money..

but I'd hope not too.

Friday133
01-01-2007, 11:18 PM
don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the way out.