PDA

View Full Version : Will Rodgers Finish this Game?

SteelDad
01-26-2011, 06:54 PM
While the last thing I mean to do is wish any ill-will on the guy, I have found it very interesting how quickly his game went into the tank Sunday following that hit by Peppers. His history of concussions this season has to be a major issue heading into a game where the League's most fined and vicious hitter will be waiting. (Among others)

I can't help but imagine that the Steelers have taken note of this as well. Thoughts?

jpele
01-26-2011, 07:01 PM
As the sports writer said the Peppers hit knocked Rogers off his game and it was a fine and penalty Peppers would gladly accept.

I think a couple hard but legal shots will have the same effect,no need to head hunt.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-26-2011, 07:39 PM
I want hard, legal shots on him. Can't afford any penalties

Scorp
01-26-2011, 10:12 PM
I want hard, legal shots on him. Can't afford any penalties

Steelers all day. That sounds great. We have just the right group of guys to lay him out or make him tap out early. Or throw in his green bay TT.

Real Deal Steel
01-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Problem is..he's the most elusive guy we've faced all season. You see that spin move he did on Abraham of the Falcons? On carpet?

We've got to catch him first.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-27-2011, 02:08 AM
I want him to finish the game so there is no excuses....I could hear the media say if he is knocked out and the Steelers won.....Well Rodgers did leave the game with injured and if he finished the Pack would have won.....

Dean Denton
01-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Yeah, he'll finish the game...With his head down thinking about what went wrong.

coldrolled
01-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I want him to finish the game so there is no excuses....I could hear the media say if he is knocked out and the Steelers won.....Well Rodgers did leave the game with injured and if he finished the Pack would have won.....

Sounds Good... Who cares how you win. The Bears played their 3rd stringer. I didnt here any media folk say the Bears would have one with Cutler in.. Just that Cutler is a wimp. Packers barely beat the Bears with the 3rd string QB...

We will rattle Rodgers... :cope::cope::cope:

SteelDad
01-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Yup. I'm with you guys. I want him to finish the game too and I want some good, legal hits which is exactly what scares me. All season long the illegal hits have been an issue and I pray that an official is not some over officious jerk that calls a legal hit 'illegal' in the biggest game of the year thereby affecting the outcome.

pimplydan
01-27-2011, 10:32 AM
The best thing would be having our defense confuse him , rush his passes and make him make mistakes . A good hard legal hit early to rattle his confidence would be the best.

Getting him off his game would be huge , allowing him to get into his rythm with his receivers can be dangerous .

The game vs the Falcons on turf is the best example of what this team is capable of when they get in a rythm , It becomes contagious the whole team word on full cylinders.

I cannot see that happening to the steelers though , we are too good to let that happen.

Real Deal Steel
01-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah, he'll finish the game...With his head down thinking about what went wrong.

hahahahaha. Good one.

But I too don't care how we get the 7th ring. As a matter of fact, knocking him out the game would only enhance our reputation around the league as THE tough guy team in the league.

I really wish it were Smith putting the knock out hit on him.

andyg1984
01-27-2011, 01:36 PM
i am perfectly fine with him leaving the game .. lol ..

the bears are a divisional opponent .. too many other things going on to say that one hit threw his game off ..

Scorp
01-27-2011, 01:38 PM
I want to see Rodgers get humped before he exits the game.

Real Deal Steel
01-27-2011, 01:52 PM
I want to see Rodgers get humped before he exits the game.

Hahahahaha. And I want to see Clay Matthews be the humper! hahahaha

Farrior Fan
01-27-2011, 02:00 PM
yeah, not sure how Mendy and Rodgers could get on the field at the same time.

I want to see Rodgers finish the game....with stat line like this 11/47 74 yards 0 TDs 4 Ints 3 fumbles sacked 11 times

ya'll just know that Silverback smells blood

TampaSteelGirl
01-27-2011, 02:01 PM

Exactly...you are not the Superbowl champions until you've beat the best....We should not have to worry about having to take out Rodgers to win the game....Lord have mercy...seriously!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt02:

Rampage
01-27-2011, 03:25 PM
He can finish the game and he can wrap his Championship belt around his waist a hundred times so long as it's Roethlisberger hoisting the Lombardi above his head at the end of the game.

coldrolled
01-27-2011, 03:41 PM
yeah, not sure how Mendy and Rodgers could get on the field at the same time.

I want to see Rodgers finish the game....with stat line like this 11/47 74 yards 0 TDs 4 Ints 3 fumbles sacked 11 times

ya'll just know that Silverback smells blood

They practice against their own 3-4 all year.... Our LB's have to be playing lights out and Dick needs to dial up some 3-4 blitzes that we have not yet seen.... then rodgers will be owned.. Lets make it a long day for Rodgers... Our defense needs to win this one.. Just like the Titans game without Ben.... One Rodgers body plant and were on our way .... :cope::cope::cope::cope:

NHStlrfan
01-27-2011, 03:56 PM
K Train quote from SB Matchups thread says it all.

"a matchup that will be fun to watch as well is woodley massacring bulaga "

Woodley gets to the QB in the post season period! If the Pack overloads to deal with him then Harrison is clear on the blind side.

Scorp
01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
All i have to say to the Steelers is...catch em and :postal: em. :cope:

coach
01-27-2011, 07:43 PM
If he finishes with less than 300 yards and on the bench, just like Sanchez, while our O grinds it out on their D, we win.

I want to see the Steelers come out and dominate in first half, just like Sunday. I swear that team was possessed in first half. I had visions of someone's head spinning around 360 degerees and spitting up old rusty nails. That was pretty extreme.

Did those Jets fans come back in here? I don't recall seeing them post.

Scorp
01-27-2011, 08:06 PM
If he finishes with less than 300 yards and on the bench, just like Sanchez, while our O grinds it out on their D, we win.

I want to see the Steelers come out and dominate in first half, just like Sunday. I swear that team was possessed in first half. I had visions of someone's head spinning around 360 degerees and spitting up old rusty nails. That was pretty extreme.

Did those Jets fans come back in here? I don't recall seeing them post.

:goodpost:

Real Deal Steel
01-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Where are those rogue Jet fans now? Hmmmm. :lol: