PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Towel ?

pontiacbubba
01-26-2011, 03:56 PM
I hope I am posting in the right spot if not I appologise in advance but, after starting to read this I was seeing red. Just so there is no confusion I am a Steelers fan and have been since '73 and have 4 Terrible towels.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/25/the-terrible-towel-is-terribly-stupid/

I read some of the comments following that article, and have discovered that most, if not all of the Green Bay fans also took offense to it as well.

Some of the comments were about the writer and if he is from Tennesse he must be jealous! You'd think they'd learn after wiping their feet with the towel about the "curse".

Hburg
01-26-2011, 04:32 PM
That wasn't an article. It was a bitter, uninformed rant. Leave the ignorant to wallow by themselves. Their world would crumble if they were told the truth.

BuFu

pontiacbubba
01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
You are 100% correct! Still it got me fired up and that takes a lot.

airbrake 1
01-26-2011, 05:33 PM
that's the most idiotic article i've ever read...and i'm sure those stupid giant blocks of yellow foam on peoples heads block more peoples view in the stadium than the towels that usually get twirled between plays...i could only imagine that that would be like going to the movies and abraham lincoln was sitting in front of you with his stovepipe hat on...completely idiotic...go steelers:tt02:

steeldoc
01-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Just another rant from a jealous short fuzzy haired mutant. The TT is sacred, like the American eagle.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-26-2011, 06:04 PM
I hope I am posting in the right spot if not I appologise in advance but, after starting to read this I was seeing red. Just so there is no confusion I am a Steelers fan and have been since '73 and have 4 Terrible towels.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/25/the-terrible-towel-is-terribly-stupid/

I read some of the comments following that article, and have discovered that most, if not all of the Green Bay fans also took offense to it as well.

Some of the comments were about the writer and if he is from Tennesse he must be jealous! You'd think they'd learn after wiping their feet with the towel about the "curse".

A real waste of electrons.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Stupid people writing stupid articles about stupid opinions that only stupid people care about. Nuff said, he and his article can shove it!

7 is legend
01-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Well, I just wasted 3 minutes of my life reading that garbage. The writer comes off as such a jealous cry baby.

LarryNJ
01-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I didn't read it..but look at this. :)

Jan. 26, 2011 5:46 p.m. - The Terrible Towel is the No. 2 best seller in the bath/bedding/home and garden item on Amazon.com:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:
:tt02::tt02::cope::cope::cope:

Clevelandsux
01-26-2011, 09:06 PM
This guy is a douche.

Dan
01-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Maybe this is the Bears fan in me, but I can't possibly see how the terrible towel is worse than the cheesehead.

lloydfan4life
01-26-2011, 09:45 PM
This moron is simply looking for hits on his site... and knows if he stirs up Steeler Nation he'll get the most traffic. Reminds me of a certain Tim Lumber idiot.

Hey Clay.... :bigfinger:

DIESELMAN
01-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Myron did invent the Terrible Towel, granted he didn't invent the towel but I bet you couldn't walk into a store pre Terrible Towel and buy one. There are so many inventions out there that have been made better by people, to the point where they can say they invented it. This guy is a ****ing moron and definitely hates the Steelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelDad
01-27-2011, 08:22 AM
I didn't read it..but look at this. :)

Jan. 26, 2011 5:46 p.m. - The Terrible Towel is the No. 2 best seller in the bath/bedding/home and garden item on Amazon.com:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:
:tt02::tt02::cope::cope::cope:

Thanks for the info Larry and I need to apologize to everyone. The reason that the TT is not #1 is that I've been buying up shower curtain rings to sell to my students as earrings what with the '80's making a comeback and all.

Signed,
Del Griffith
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB392YZtogHxtLzS3dwAfTo4YiLeOq-w3iy6MOnFJ6AutxAJgZfX-S6HU9

Steelerlyn
01-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Those "journalists" just write this crap to get emails so their boss will know their articles are read. The best thing to do is to NOT respond.
We all know the truth and that all proceeds to Allegany School where Myron's son was/is. That is an assinine article and the idiot obviously did no research on our flag. Or he is doubly the idiot and enjoys making fun of retarded children and schools who are there to help them, either way he is an idiot and I would not think to respond.

LarryNJ
01-27-2011, 09:30 AM
The reason that the TT is not #1 is that I've been buying up shower curtain rings to sell to my students as earrings what with the '80's making a comeback and all.

Signed,
Del Griffith

No problem! We all need to make a little extra cash. :lol:

He was one funny dude!

SteelDad
01-27-2011, 10:31 AM
No problem! We all need to make a little extra cash. :lol:

He was one funny dude!

Amen to that Larry, Amen.

TampaSteelGirl
01-27-2011, 10:44 AM
SOUNDS LIKE A REAL WINDOW LICKER WHO CAN'T EVEN DO THAT CORRECTLY!!!!

steelchamp204
01-27-2011, 11:20 AM
That is the most jealous article I have ever read. I think he must be a browns fan. Also to come at the city Pittsburgh itself, was a cheap and low shot to try and **** people off. The city is one of the best cities in the country economic wise. How can a guy like that even have a job if he can write an article that a high schooler could have written.

StlersGuy
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Maybe this is the Bears fan in me, but I can't possibly see how the terrible towel is worse than the cheesehead.

:popcorn: How did the playoff's work out for you :lol:

Dan
01-27-2011, 02:17 PM

That's not nice when I'm supporting you guys lol

greennick
01-27-2011, 10:56 PM

I would rather be playing the Bears in the playoffs. Troy and Cutler would get along just fine I would think....

SteelerDave74
01-27-2011, 11:09 PM
What I don't understand is why is a Wisconsin company making the Terrible Towel and not a Pittsburgh company? I mean the owner is a Packers fan. They are out to mimic THE TERRIBLE TOWEL. Just mindboggling.

igor0190
01-27-2011, 11:22 PM
The titletown towel...
http://www.packertime.com/prodsphp/ptfs59.php

Are there actually any Packer fans out there stupid enough to wave a yellow "title town" towel at the game??? It will blend right in with all the Terrible Towels and make it look like there are more Steeler fans there. :lol:

Farrior Fan
01-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Just a thought, if you have a TT that you were going to retire because it got too dirty or got a rip or hole when you swung it so fast because Silverback just maimed another QB, we should send it to this writer. A nice slow steady stream of retired TT;s would remind him of why his team will be drafting well ahead of the Steelers....again.