PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLV Matchups

steelchamp204
01-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Pick two matchups that will be the key for the game.

Im going...

Ike Taylor vs. Jennings
Pouncey/Gursky vs. Raji

K Train
01-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Flozell vs Clay matthews

Sanders/Brown vs Sam Shields

NHStlrfan
01-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Heath vs. whomever draws him.

Troy vs. Rodgers. The mind games!

Steel Trap86
01-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Wallace vs. Woodson

Polamolu vs. Rodgers

Sanders/Brown vs. Shields

K Train
01-26-2011, 02:42 PM
it will be tramon williams vs wallace, woodson will almost certainly be on ward.....two very similar veteren players, it should be a hell of a physical matchup

steelchamp204
01-26-2011, 02:51 PM
You guys think we will be press coverage of backing off the receivers this game. I know the pack like there slants to Jennings and Driver. We cant give them a cushion or rodgers will pull a brady on us.

K Train
01-26-2011, 02:56 PM
You guys think we will be press coverage of backing off the receivers this game. I know the pack like there slants to Jennings and Driver. We cant give them a cushion or rodgers will pull a brady on us.

dont get carried away....this is not the patriots. jennings could have a 0 catch day or a 13 catch day like roddy white did, either way the patriots killed up with the gay vs gronk 3 TD matchup, finley is on IR otherwise id be worried, hes the player that would kill us. dont get those offenses confused just cause they want to "spread them out" jennings wont beat the steelers

NHStlrfan
01-26-2011, 03:00 PM
dont get carried away....this is not the patriots. jennings could have a 0 catch day or a 13 catch day like roddy white did, either way the patriots killed up with the gay vs gronk 3 TD matchup, finley is on IR otherwise id be worried, hes the player that would kill us. dont get those offenses confused just cause they want to "spread them out" jennings wont beat the steelers

EXACTLY! GB is more like New Orleans than NE. Some similarities to NE but just not the same number or quality to their targets. IMO GB will underestimate the impact of our tight ends and 3-4 recievers and that's where Pittsburgh holds the edge in the passing game.

Steel Trap86
01-26-2011, 04:18 PM

So do we put Ike on Jennings and Gay on Driver? It won't be long before Harrison destroys Starks and the Steelers can disrespect the Pack running game.

K Train
01-26-2011, 04:23 PM
i like mcfadden/gay on driver...driver is slow and physical, ike can keep the vertical threat in check with jennings.

not worried about starks/kuhn/jackson at all

a matchup that will be fun to watch as well is woodley massacring bulaga

Goodfrom55
01-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Its a west coast offense so they really don't stretch the field / coverage much. BUT, they are capable. PRessure Rodgers and keep hiim contained. He takes a lot of hits and their O-line might be worse than ours. He can't take a hit like Ben can. And, he has already had a concussion this season. . .Smell that blood?

Matchup wise, it's Ben Vs Capers.

NHStlrfan
01-26-2011, 04:31 PM
So do we put Ike on Jennings and Gay on Driver? It won't be long before Harrison destroys Starks and the Steelers can disrespect the Pack running game.

Don't forget about Woodley, Hampton, Timmons et al on the run stop. The sledding will be tough for Starks but they'll stick with it. Could go either way on the wide outs. If Jennings gets hot against Gay then swap. They still don't have the targets once you get these two off their games. Pittsburgh has the superior tight ends and potential for short passing game if BA will use it.

The wild card with the Pack is the same as the Steelers, the QB isn't stationary. Pass coverage needs to maintain longer and the rush needs to get him down when they get there. Also the rush needs to maintain discipline and not open up in the middle. That's also why I mentioned the matchup of Troy and Rodgers. If Troy gets in his head then it's lights out for the Pack. If not then the potential's there for a big play or two.

coldrolled
01-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Its a west coast offense so they really don't stretch the field / coverage much. BUT, they are capable. PRessure Rodgers and keep hiim contained. He takes a lot of hits and their O-line might be worse than ours. He can't take a hit like Ben can. And, he has already had a concussion this season. . .Smell that blood?

Matchup wise, it's Ben Vs Capers.

I think he had a concussion last week after the helmut to helmut. he threw like crap and scored zero points in almost three quarters... after that...

Steel Trap86
01-26-2011, 04:50 PM
They have Nelson and Jones as 3rd and 4th options. Rodgers has been hitting Nelson lately, but Polamolu could stick on him without breaking a sweat. Jones already has drop problems, probably related to concentration, so Clark should just lay him out early so he doesn't even want to catch it.

Don't know if Rodgers had a concussion last week, but he's had 2 this season, One he played through, but the other made him miss the Patriots game. That's another thing the Steelers have to keep an eye on, is Rodgers taking off on foot because I'm pretty sure he leads the Pack in rushing lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-27-2011, 01:05 AM

Finley tore the Steelers a new butt hole last year....I agree him being on IR is a huge plus........

As for the person that brought up the Pack and Rodgers going all Brady on us.....Rodgers doesn't compare to Tom Brady in style.....Rodgers compares to Big Ben really.......

Any QB can kill a defense if he is given sufficient time in the pocket.....Thing is Rodgers is dangerous with his legs unlike Tom Brady........Plus Rodgers takes his share of sacks to and likes to wing it down field......

Ktrain mentioned Woodley abusing Bulaga......I agree but I also think James Harrison is going to abuse the walking injury Chad Clifton.....

If the Packers OT's handle Harrison and Woodley then the Pack will have an advantage....I don't see it happening......Really I like the Steelers front 7 period to destroy the Packers OL........I love this matchup for the Steelers D.......:yellowthumb:

steelchamp204
01-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Finley tore the Steelers a new butt hole last year....I agree him being on IR is a huge plus........

As for the person that brought up the Pack and Rodgers going all Brady on us.....Rodgers doesn't compare to Tom Brady in style.....Rodgers compares to Big Ben really.......

Any QB can kill a defense if he is given sufficient time in the pocket.....Thing is Rodgers is dangerous with his legs unlike Tom Brady........Plus Rodgers takes his share of sacks to and likes to wing it down field......

Ktrain mentioned Woodley abusing Bulaga......I agree but I also think James Harrison is going to abuse the walking injury Chad Clifton.....

If the Packers OT's handle Harrison and Woodley then the Pack will have an advantage....I don't see it happening......Really I like the Steelers front 7 period to destroy the Packers OL........I love this matchup for the Steelers D.......:yellowthumb:

I think our front 5 can handle there front seven alot better than what there front 5 can handle ours. Your right on point with that. I think woodley is going to have a big game. Just have to keep rodgers contained is all. I know Driver is old and stuff, but it doesnt mean he cant have a big game. I mean Hines is old as well and he can have a good game as anyone out on the field. Plus I think there run game will be a non factor as of our will be pretty good but I dont know about as good as we ran against the jets. It could happen

Dean Denton
01-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Wallace vs. Woodson

Polamolu vs. Rodgers

Sanders/Brown vs. Shields Yeah, i got to go with this. Its all key. The Steelers didn't do well against the Patriots and the Packers run the same kind of offense. so its really going to be up to Troy to guess right this time...The good news, Rodgers has never seen Troy before. That should help...

Real Deal Steel
01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
William Gay will be on Driver. And that is a match up Rodgers is gong to exploit.

Mcfadden HAS TO guard James Jones. Jones is the best YAC WR they have and he's very, very physical.

So Gay is going to be on Driver/Jordy Nelson...and that worries me big time.

steelchamp204
01-27-2011, 11:12 AM
William Gay will be on Driver. And that is a match up Rodgers is gong to exploit.

Mcfadden HAS TO guard James Jones. Jones is the best YAC WR they have and he's very, very physical.

So Gay is going to be on Driver/Jordy Nelson...and that worries me big time.

If Gay is on driver Im not to worried, I think he will step up. I think he will be able to keep up with the speed of driver since he is up there in age. Just the physicality goes to driver hands down.

Scorp
01-27-2011, 12:57 PM
There is so much talent on both sides. I think we're all in for a treat. Steelers v Packers is the complete match i want to see.

steelchamp204
01-27-2011, 01:10 PM
There is so much talent on both sides. I think we're all in for a treat. Steelers v Packers is the complete match i want to see.

The thing is if Pouncey is out it HAS to be Lagursky vs. Raji. I think Gursk has alot of confidence in himself after how well he played against the jets for 3 quarters.