PDA

View Full Version : Official Sound off on the Super Bowl Thread

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Apologies to Rivers of Steel for somewhat hijacking his thread. Since we are getting a lot of great fan reaction to the super bowl in multiple threads, we'll make this one the official Sound off about the Super Bowl Thread. General thoughts, Rah Rah type of posts, What the Super Bowl means to you, etc. :tt02: - BRC

This one feels like a business meeting. I never realized it, but, I been tryin real hard to hate the cheese heads and I can't find the hatred that I have for the rest of the entire NFL cept them. I hope I ain't losin it. Just sayin.

So, what are your feelings SA's?

pimplydan
01-25-2011, 05:32 PM
how do I feel

1. Proud to be a steeler fan ,seeing our team going to the big dance for the 3rd time in 6 years.

2. That feeling is short lived because now that we're their , all I want to see is the steelers winning the superbowl .

3. For me , this is the best of all superbowls , the 2 NFL dynasties going head to head in Dallas , home of the newest and most fabulous stadiums of all , It just doesn't get any better than this.

4. The storyline has to end with that Lombardi trophy coming back to Pittsburgh

NHStlrfan
01-25-2011, 06:01 PM
It's one thing to respect a team. It's like a boxing match. You can respect the opponent all you want but when the bell rings, you have to beat him senseless!!

You're just feeling the experience of having been there before. It's not a business meeting, it's ALL BUSINESS. Just get on with the game so we can win and bring that trophy back to the real Title Town! The hype is for the newbies.

coach
01-25-2011, 06:04 PM
how do I feel

1. Proud to be a steeler fan ,seeing our team going to the big dance for the 3rd time in 6 years.

2. That feeling is short lived because now that we're their , all I want to see is the steelers winning the superbowl .

3. For me , this is the best of all superbowls , the 2 NFL dynasties going head to head in Dallas , home of the newest and most fabulous stadiums of all , It just doesn't get any better than this.

4. The storyline has to end with that Lombardi trophy coming back to Pittsburgh

I realize there is a game to play and I don't want to sound as if a Steeler win is a foregone conclusion; that would make me a Jets fan.

But, Flo picking up a Lombardi with Steelers, inside the house that Jerry built, is the story line for me. I hate everything about Dallas. I would love it if after the win he could hoist it and ask Jerry, "how you like me now?"

:nahnah:

K Train
01-25-2011, 06:05 PM
i kinda like the packers for a NFC team....i dont hate them at all, im really looking forward to this game....

for this one i feel extremely spoiled though. first one i was nervous, second one i thought they were clearly the better team....this time around i feel so spoiled and feel like this is routine. tying the pats is important to me though lol

i want it for flo, i want it for mendenhall since he didnt play in the last one, i want it for wallace, and i want it for ben just because he rapes everyone and everything no matter what

Steel Trap86
01-25-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't mind the Packers either, I like Aaron Rodgers and Clay Mathews. Plus I like how Rodgers got snubbed from the pro-bowl and made it to the Superbowl anyway

But I'm sure I'll find something to hate about them as the game gets closer

steelersbabex25
01-25-2011, 06:28 PM
I like the Packers as well. Remind me a lot of the 05 Steelers.

steeldoc
01-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Just so proud to be a member of the Steeler Nation. A fan since the 70's it has provided me so much happiness along with my friends from the Burgh whom I met while in college. I have so many great memories of trying to find a sports bar during post graduate and residency years in the cities I had to live in to see the Steelers. I think they can and will win but the Packers, their coach, and their qb are a great team.:cope:

SteelDad
01-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I realize there is a game to play and I don't want to sound as if a Steeler win is a foregone conclusion; that would make me a Jets fan.

But, Flo picking up a Lombardi with Steelers, inside the house that Jerry built, is the story line for me. I hate everything about Dallas. I would love it if after the win he could hoist it and ask Jerry, "how you like me now?"

I don't care what anyone says Coach, you Canadians are smart!:) Excellent point about The Hotel getting his ring in Dallas, errrrrrrrrr, Arlington.

In regards to feel, there is an overall feeling that is always the same, but because the opponents vary, it can create some different feelings. My wife's family is mainly in Cheeseland and are Packers' fans so that has been a cool addition to this feeling and no hatred like against the Cowboys, but right now, I'm just enjoying this week because I know next week will be 'high anxiety' for me.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-25-2011, 07:03 PM
for this one i feel extremely spoiled though. first one i was nervous, second one i thought they were clearly the better team....this time around i feel so spoiled and feel like this is routine. tying the pats is important to me though lol

i want it for flo, i want it for mendenhall since he didnt play in the last one, i want it for wallace, and i want it for ben just because he rapes everyone and everything no matter what[/QUOTE]

lmao i feel u and agree 100%:tt02: I just hope we win it's gonna be classic, and i hope the ref's doesn't influence the out com...:tt02:

Ambridge
01-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah!! I'm finding it hard to find something to Hate about Green Bay.
I mean in SB XL it was easy to dislike the "Fat Walrus" Mike Holmgren, "Loud Mouth" Jeremy Stevens and the rest of the Latte Sippin'-Whiney Seahawk fanbase.

In SB XLIII who didn't want to see the Steelers stick-it to Whisenhunt and "Goody-Goody" Kurt Warner??

I'm guessing it will take another week of media hype and I'll start hating to listen about how Great "Goggle Eyed" Aaron Rodgers is....or I'll start getting agitated looking at AJ Hawk and his spagetti string Haircut or that nasty looking Hairy Goiter growing on the side of Clay Matthews neck.
:greengrin:

coach
01-25-2011, 08:36 PM
The thing about the Pack is that this week started out like the lead up to the Jets game last week. Remember how cool everyone was? We even had some level headed visitors in here and everything was kind of swell.
Then Cromatie opened his big mouth and things blew up in here.

Speaking of visitors, did our friends buzz back in? I haven't seen them.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-25-2011, 08:45 PM
The thing about the Pack is that this week started out like the lead up to the Jets game last week. Remember how cool everyone was? We even had some level headed visitors in here and everything was kind of swell.
Then Cromatie opened his big mouth and things blew up in here.

Speaking of visitors, did our friends buzz back in? I haven't seen them.

Notice how the haters have crawled back into their caves. I know the vermin are still out there. Waitin for the Mayor of Greenbay or more likely Madison to wash a cheese producing goat with Myron's finest as a friendly gesture. Go ahead make our day. Course they may not be interested in this game as GB and the Steelers put em all away till next year.

DanRooney
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm more worried about this game than I was for the last two Super Bowls.

In '05, we were just had so much momentum on that run and no team was going to stop us. In '08, our D was so dominant that I felt more comfortable when we didn't even have the ball. The Cardinals were also way overmatched.

This year, I feel neither of those. While good, our D obviously isn't as unreal as they were 2 years ago and the Packers are a far better team having a great defense and a spectacular QB. I can't say I'm very confident about winning this one...

MNSteelerfan
01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I think that its interesting that you guys are having a hard time hating the Packers. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but being form Minnesota, I grew up hating the Packers. I grew up about 15 minutes away from Wisconsin so I'm used to their fans and to be honest, they are some of the most annoying, obnoxious people I have ever met. I feel much more excited about this Super Bowl. Also, about 95% of Minnesota will now be Steelers fans, I know its just because they hate the Packers but now I won't feel so alone lol

Dan
01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
All I know is it'll feel good if the Packers lose. I'm trying to see about getting a terrible towel for the game. My dad knows a Steelers fan, so I don't think that'll be too tough

StlersGuy
01-25-2011, 09:16 PM
It feels damn good but it will feel even better after we win. Number 7 how sweet that sounds.

*Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

steel4me2
01-25-2011, 09:21 PM
I trully hope The Men of Steel go into Texas and reign down terror on those GB Cheeseheads and they whip them so bad that they look like Velveeta.
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2128/image1zx.jpg

Raleigh Steel
01-25-2011, 09:32 PM
for me, my feeling about this super bowl is that it may be the sweetest one yet! of course we have to win it first. but what this team (and by an extension, us fans) went through at the beginning of the year with ben....what we went through during the year with all the bogus fines and penalties...it's just been a special, SPECIAL season.

at the beginning of the year i said that this team could go to the super bowl or go 5-11, or anywhere in between! while there were some ups and downs during the season...some close calls...some doubts creeping in (i'll admit to it)...this team really turned it on in the 2nd half of the season. again, coaches and players deserve so much credit and appreciation from us for what they did this year. we do get spoiled, and there is nothing wrong with that, but i think THIS year, and THIS team may have been the most fun to watch. at the very least, THIS team was the most satisfying team to watch get to the super bowl. plus, it's gotta really sting cowboys fans that not only the steelers but the packers are going to be playing in their stadium.

steelersbabex25
01-25-2011, 09:48 PM

In '05, we were just had so much momentum on that run and no team was going to stop us. In '08, our D was so dominant that I felt more comfortable when we didn't even have the ball. The Cardinals were also way overmatched.

This year, I feel neither of those. While good, our D obviously isn't as unreal as they were 2 years ago and the Packers are a far better team having a great defense and a spectacular QB. I can't say I'm very confident about winning this one...

Agreed. The Seahawks in 05 really weren't that good, the Cardinals had this magical offense but they weren't all that great either. The Packers are like a mini version of the Steelers, and my mini I mean they're pretty much the same just with younger players. Their defense will play up to ours, their QB is ultimately the same as ours, they have good coaching just like our team. It's hard to pick a definite winner for this game. I think it'll really come down to who is better prepared. The stars from both teams definitely need to shine if either team expect to win.

Dan
01-25-2011, 09:48 PM
At church this Sunday the pastor was talking about the "Bears prayer" lol. The church I go to is mostly Bears fans, but a few Packers fans. That makes me think of my joke about how the best cheese graters are made of steel

Clevelandsux
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
I think its funny that we are not favored? WTF? We had a better record than green bay, they were a 6th seeded wildcard team, but yet they are favored? Plus we are more experienced and won 2 sb's in the last 5 years. Talk about no respect. Nobody wants us to win. I think its going to be funny seeing Goodell pass that seventh Lombardi trophy to bigben, Harrison and company.

Clevelandsux
01-25-2011, 10:06 PM
I hate the Packers now! Don't like anyone standing in our way to get our 7th.

7 is legend
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
I give the Steelers the slight edge because they have the experience . But, these two teams are so evenly matched that the game can easily go either way.

Clevelandsux
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM

I have little doubt in my mind that the Steelers will win. I believe in bigben. No disrespect to the packers, but we are taking this one.The packers are the same team that lost to the Lions and dolphins. The Steelers have had much tougher opponents than Green bay and play in a better conference. I believe our defense is playing lights out right now. I believe it will be a good game, but the Steelers will prevail.

The seahawks were 13-3 in 2005. No slouch. The Cardinals had Kurt Warner and good wr's. So I will not discredit our last 2 sb's.

Dan
01-25-2011, 10:19 PM
I think its funny that we are not favored? WTF? We had a better record than green bay, they were a 6th seeded wildcard team, but yet they are favored? Plus we are more experienced and won 2 sb's in the last 5 years. Talk about no respect. Nobody wants us to win. I think its going to be funny seeing Goodell pass that seventh Lombardi trophy to bigben, Harrison and company.

It's because people think the Packers are the 2nd coming of the 72 Dolphins. I think the Steelers are the better team and they'll win. Seeing how Caleb Hanie gave the Packers' D so much trouble, Big Ben should be able to destroy them.

LarryNJ
01-25-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm calm now simply because we made it through the last 2 weeks that were very nerve racking. There's no hatred from me for the Packers or their fans. If Favre was their QB it would be much easier to hate them. I'm glad Rodger's has filled his shoes nicely and how can you not like Matthews? I'd love to see him in Black & Gold, something I would never say about Ray Ray or Bart Scott. As for their fans I have no problem with them. I think that the week and days leading up to the game will be nuts in Dallas. 2 great fan bases that will have fun without being jagoffs. They are from the mid west it's a much different breed of people than Boston, Baltimore or NY.

I'll do one thing different this SB than the other 7 as I have this entire playoff. I won't be glued to the TV watching every single interview and break down. I probably won't watch a thing until game time. There's just way too much BS that I don't feel like listen to. I'll continue to stay here on this site and selectively read some articles online. I plan on getting away from it all this weekend by relaxing and drinking in Manhatten! Should be interesting. :) I'll enjoy quietly representing the Steelers in my gear through out NJ, DE, Philly & NYC. Next week the nerves will start for sure and there's no doubt the week will drag on.

I think it's a very even match up that could go either way. I look for us to win simply because of experience.

LarryNJ
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
As Well As The State Of The Eagles. This is what I was listening to on my drive home tonight. Talk radio in Philly. Hang in through the first few minutes of the Eagles D coordinator talk it gets very good. Or FF about 1/3 of the way. I promise it will make you proud and smile. :yesnod::yesnod:

Sal Paolantonio Talks With Mike About Super Bowl XLV As Well As The State Of The Eagles
Posted 1/25/2011 5:59:00 PM

Sal Paolantonio gives Mikey Miss an inside preview of Super Bowl XLV and discusses the Eagles' future

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10196861

You will see why we are the greatest and what makes us different.

SteelCityKid5
01-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Its gonna be a tough game but I think our experience helps. The one thing that Im accustom to now is the AFC championship game. They used to worry the hell out of me but not anymore. After the game, the Steelers celebrated but they knew that the bigger prize was 2 weeks away. The thing I cant get through my head yet is if this Packers offense is going to be like the Patriots O who tore us apart or the Saints where we held our own? Thats what Ive been thinking of. Thoughts??

LarryNJ
01-25-2011, 10:50 PM
The thing I cant get through my head yet is if this Packers offense is going to be like the Patriots O who tore us apart or the Saints where we held our own? Thats what Ive been thinking of. Thoughts??

That's going to no doubt be their game plan and probably the only way we lose. It scares the **** out of me. To combat going nuts I simply say Dick has 2 weeks, Dick has 2 weeks.

airbrake 1
01-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Great listen...i love how he describes rex ryan, blow hard fits rex to a tee...i always tell people that the people in philly have to be beside themselves seeing the steelers in another super bowl...philly won a baseball world title a few years ago but they fancy themselves as tough guys and in the two tough guy sports football and hockey the city of pittsburgh has 9 world championships since the flyers last won the stanley cup in '75 and we all know how many super bowls they have "zero"... some tough guys 'eh i hope they never sniff a title again... we win another super bowl some people in philly we be ready to take the bridge...jump now you idiots:tt02:

SteelCityKid5
01-26-2011, 12:46 AM
That's going to no doubt be their game plan and probably the only way we lose. It scares the **** out of me. To combat going nuts I simply say Dick has 2 weeks, Dick has 2 weeks.

I believe we are in the same boat.

Dean Denton
01-26-2011, 01:45 AM
My house is going to be split this time. I was born just outside of Green Bay, and by birth rite, I should be a Packers fan. However I am not, but my mother, sister, and brother-in-law are. So for me, this is a great SB, and I am loving this more than the last two. Steelers-Packers are two of the most loved franchise in sports, and besides getting a chances to beat the crap out of Seattle again, I love this matchg up the most. Not to mention this is being played in Dallas...hahahaha, love it. We had a Cowboys fan on this forum at the start of the season, and I told that idiot this would happen. Where is that guy now?...in your face Cowboys fans. However, the Steelers really need to win this game. Do it for Johnny man, do it for Johnny.....

Steel Trap86
01-26-2011, 01:46 AM
If anybody's image took a harder shot then Ben's over the year it was Tiger Woods lol

Tiger Woods has made his Super Bowl allegiance clear: He's rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Said Woods on Twitter on Tuesday:

"Seeing a lot of questions asking about the Superbowl: I'm picking the Steelers, can't pull for Rodgers he's a CAL guy"

Woods -- who is returning to action on the PGA Tour this week -- played golf at Stanford in college, where the Cardinals are archrivals with the University of California.

Dean Denton
01-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Yeah, Tiger loves Ben because they are both a couple of perv's....lol

SteelCityKid5
01-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Ill sleep better at night knowing Tiger likes the Stees in the SB.

Steel Trap86
01-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Ill sleep better at night knowing Tiger likes the Stees in the SB.

I like Tiger Woods, he is one of my favorite athletes. Very intelligent human being who knows his sports. I'm glad he is behind the Steelers in the Superbowl.

Real Deal Steel
01-26-2011, 02:52 AM
Tiger wins titles, Steelers win titles. Greatness appreciates greatness.

steelchamp204
01-26-2011, 02:56 AM
I think the packers are a cold/hot team. They blew out the falcons at atl but really didnt put the bears away until the end of the 4th quarter on sunday. The Bears defense is an Okay defense. Plus they didnt even have cutler 3/4 of the game. It was 14-7 middle of the fourth. And Ill say this as I said before. Rodgers doesnt see alot of 3-4 defenses throghout the whole season. So its gonna be different for him seeing a 3-4 and 4 lbs dropping into coverage at times. than opposed to 3.

--- Added 1/26/2011 at 12:56 AM ---

Plus Rodgers has had only 4 games this whole season including playoffs where he threw under 225 yards. We HAVE to stop the pass.

TheExiled
01-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Proud to represent Steeler Nation in Baltimore!! Town here has been in a coma since the beat down. Celebrating proudly, yet quietly as the hate has really gotten out of hand down here. So proud of Ben & James for handling all of the criticism sent their way. Wonderful to see the Steeler rookies, Brown & Sanders, stepping up & showing up the Raven hired guns who let their team down when needed most. Coach Tomlin & team shows once again the Steeler Way is the only way. Thanks for a fantastic year! Go Steelers!!:yellowthumb:

UKSTEELER
01-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Can't quite believe we're there, . . .

I had us 10-6 at best and probably going out in the playoff's, it's incredible really what we've achieved this season, Ben missed the first 4, and we didn't panic we did what we had to do, the defense in that first month was incredible.

We've also been helped massively by our draft class, without MoPo anchoring the line, I don't think we'd be here, and the two young receivers have done way better than we could have hoped . . . making important contributions down the stretch, the loss of Santonio, hasn't become an issue.

We've not had as much talent at the skill positions on offense, as this for a long time, . . . Ben, Hines, Miller, Mendy, Wallace, Redman, Sanders, Brown!! Incredible.

Of course it will be a close game, we don't do anything but, so It's going to be exciting, because the Packers are a good team with good quality themselves, but we have better quality and there is no reason why we shouldn't walk out of Texas with No.7.

If for some reason we do lose, I'll be less bitter as I have respect for the Packers, they deserve to be there too. We would still have had an incredible season and there is no reason to think we won't be contesting the SB again for the foreseeable future.

Go Steelers, . . proud of you.

SteelDad
01-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Interesting.... Tiger and the Steelers do have something in common if you think about it.:thinking:
We were once both heavily screwed over on Thanksgiving.

SteelerNC
01-26-2011, 09:31 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

Interesting.... Tiger and the Steelers do have something in common if you think about it.:thinking:
We were once both heavily screwed over on Thanksgiving.

LarryNJ
01-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Great listen...i love how he describes rex ryan, blow hard fits rex to a tee...i always tell people that the people in philly have to be beside themselves seeing the steelers in another super bowl..

yes it does! :)

This is the first year that I've heard several people caller and host actually say we need to be like them. :lol:

I love how amazed Sal sounded about they way the Steelers were run. This isn't the first team he has been around.

steelcityboy
01-26-2011, 10:46 AM
I hope the overtime rule doesnt come into play
http://sportales.com/football/superbowl-overtime-rule-change/

--- Added 1/26/2011 at 08:47 AM ---

Here it is in a nutshell!

NHStlrfan
01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
The thing I cant get through my head yet is if this Packers offense is going to be like the Patriots O who tore us apart or the Saints where we held our own? Thats what Ive been thinking of. Thoughts??

The Packers do have a similar attack to NE however there are a few key differences to note.
1. They don't have the same number of targets. That is they rely on their recievers more than tight ends. Recall how the Pats were prior to Moss leaving. That's more close to the Pack than the team you saw them field in Pittsburgh. You can focus on the top 2 and take them out limiting the options. With NE there were just more targets.
2. Rodgers while being an excellent QB is more prone to scramble because he can. Brady will look for the pass all the time and never run. Plays and formations can and will be called to force his hand.
3. Until recently the Pack has had no real running threat. Yes they've had recent success however they've still not moved it well against good run defenses and even then much of that run was scrambles.

If the Steelers D can limit Driver and Jennings then the rush can get to Rodgers. Then it will be up to the front 5 to bring him down when they get there. Steelers D better than Chicago D. GB got just 14 on offense. Ben vs. Cutler, well I like Ben to make a play and not leave the game.
Last wild card, Troy will have 2 weeks to get better and make the impact he's known for. Look for him to be in Rodgers way a lot.

Steelersfan
01-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I hope the overtime rule doesnt come into play

--- Added 1/26/2011 at 08:47 AM ---

Here it is in a nutshell!

Spamming a site are ya?

steelersbabex25
01-26-2011, 11:30 AM
I like Tiger Woods, he is one of my favorite athletes. Very intelligent human being who knows his sports. I'm glad he is behind the Steelers in the Superbowl.

Yeah, if you take away the part that he's an absolute pig, he's just great. //end sarcasm

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-26-2011, 12:06 PM
The super bowl of super bowls. the Steelers v Eagles. Having lived in both houses. The big city versus Pittsburgh. This is a lifelong dream of mine. To see this. Unfortunately ain't gonna happen. The reason is quite simple. The Steelers have stability and extreme sense of purpose in the front office and out on the factory floor. Except for NE the rest of the NFL does not possess this x sense.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-26-2011, 12:25 PM
No structure to this thread. Raw input from all sources as you find it. Good bad or otherwise. Only rules, use a real source and and quote it. Let me start with this from today's Dallas Morning News by Tim Colishaw(one of their beat guys). "Sorry, North Texas: Right teams playing in Super Bowl"...http://ne8.org/17n.

SteelCurtain17
01-26-2011, 02:41 PM
I am proud of the guys this year. They fought through alot and just getting to this point is an accomplishment. Packers will be a good test and hope we pull through for 7th heaven. Go black and gold!

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-26-2011, 04:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-twoquestions012611

"Injured Packers LB Barnett feels left out"

a little dessension in the ranks is a good thing, for us.

no green bay packers cheerleaders either source: http://detnews.com/article/20110126/SPORTS0101/101260415/1126/rss14

NHStlrfan
01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110125/PKR07/110125183

Legacy? Street name? Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy is only focused on winning the Super Bowl

steeldoc
01-26-2011, 06:47 PM
If he wore Black and gold on Sundays during the golf season I might take him seriously.:cope:

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-26-2011, 07:22 PM
"Replica helmets for Pittsburgh Steelers sold-out in Mexico City"
http://ne8.org/17o This is meaningless. Hey it is supposed to be. Do the Steelers have a fan base problem? Not hardly. Been scanning the sports news in Europe on the Super Bowl. I am sure I'll capture some real drivel. Fans across the pond have a little problem understanding American football and generally equate it with one of the rugby styles. Not even close.

Clevelandsux
01-26-2011, 08:20 PM
I remember wishing I was old enough to remember the 1970's Steelers teams. How great it must have been to see such a great team competing for the Super Bowl every year.

Then going through the mediocre 80's and all the dissapointments under Cowher etc.

This feels like Christmas for me, and I think it should be every year!

I really feel it is Steeler nation vs the rest of the world. Nobody respects us. Green bay is favored?? wtf? Goodell certainly doesn't want us to be in it. All my friends are Clowns fans that are whining that we cheat and ben is a rapist etc. I want this one so bad.

I'm sorry, Green bay is a good team. But I don't see them as a great team. Not like we're playing the old 49ers or cowboys. I don't think they should be favored either. Based on what? Ok they have a good defense and a good qb. But we have a good defense and a great qb and more experience. I certainly think we should be favored.

Steelers fans will not sell out for anyone. Go Steelers!

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Apologies to Rivers of Steel for somewhat hijacking his thread. Since we are getting a lot of great fan reaction to the super bowl in multiple threads, we'll make this one the official Sound off about the Super Bowl Thread. General thoughts, Rah Rah type of posts, What the Super Bowl means to you, etc. :tt02: - BRC

This one feels like a business meeting. I never realized it, but, I been tryin real hard to hate the cheese heads and I can't find the hatred that I have for the rest of the entire NFL cept them. I hope I ain't losin it. Just sayin.

So, what are your feelings SA's?

Ok with me. The info was really startin to go in all kinds of directions.

Steeler envy is going over the top. Feels real good. http://ne8.org/17p

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Steelers logo is now on the field that jerry built. Ouch. What's the name of his team?

coach
01-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Dick has two weeks is right, but our O needs to be up to it, too.

Keep Rogers off the field as much as possible and punish him when he is on it.

I keep thinking back to the last game these teams played and we won by a point. Finley and Grant were playing for them. I think Hartwig was our Center, Parker was or RB, TP was hurt, and wasn't Smith out then too? I am too lazy to go back and look at the roster and injuriers that week.

Don't get me wrong, I agree this game is a matchup nightmare, but the Steelers have another gear when they get close to the Lombardi (especially as underdogs I think).

I agree with someone else who said I am too tired to hate the Packers right now. I need to relax for a bit after two intense weeks. But, they are in the way our capturing the Holy Grail.

I don't hate them right now, but I will be prepared for some good natured trash talkin soon. I just need to recover a bit. It's not personal like it is with the AFC North teams or teams like the Jets who trash talk better than they play. It's just business. :tt02:

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-28-2011, 01:07 AM
this from the local forth worth texas rag. tonite. 105,000 folks predicted for the super bowl. wonder how many will be steelers fans? 105,000, well i guess that is big, after all, that is one big *** stadium. just sayin. oh yeah, Romo is good to go -- for golf tournament. you know his nose had to get in here somehow. sorry for includin it but, needed a laugh.

i'd put something in here from the dallas news but they are appearing to be such cry babies cause ft. worth is gettin all the press so the heck with them.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-28-2011, 11:33 AM

That would be the absolute best! I would love it if Flo got to give Jerry the single finger wave! :grin1:

steelersbabex25
01-28-2011, 07:04 PM
I hate to be the devils advocate here, but does anyone ever feel completely not confident at all in the Steelers at playoff games? I always feel like this is the year that their luck is going to run out. They've proved me wrong before, hope they can do it again.

coach
01-29-2011, 12:06 AM
I hate to be the devils advocate here, but does anyone ever feel completely not confident at all in the Steelers at playoff games? I always feel like this is the year that their luck is going to run out. They've proved me wrong before, hope they can do it again.

I don't know how many times they have done just enough to win or lose a game. How many times have they won games they should have lost or lost games they could have won. I think you posted that you watched that GB game from last year. My level of confidence comes and goes regularly in games like that. I have to run to the fridge for a beer or a shot in between plays during some games.

I can't tell you what I was thinking when AZ took the lead in the SB. Are you kiddng me?
I had to go for a walk. But, I think we all have confidence that more times than not, if it is a 1 score game, we have a better chance to win than they do.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Just picked up by Super Bowl XLV Terrible Towel today! :towelwave:

As far as the Steelers luck goes, this year they have made a lot of their own luck. Sure they caught a break in games like the Bills game for example, but honestly every great team gets alittle bit of luck during the season. Trust me we've had more than our share of bad luck and we've overcome. I like the fact that we've played so many close games. It keeps you humble and hungry.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-29-2011, 06:22 PM

As far as the Steelers luck goes, this year they have made a lot of their own luck. Sure they caught a break in games like the Bills game for example, but honestly every great team gets alittle bit of luck during the season. Trust me we've had more than our share of bad luck and we've overcome. I like the fact that we've played so many close games. It keeps you humble and hungry.

Good call Blitz.

Stop worrying. Unless ya all missed the whole season, remember this years Steelers won when it needed to be done. Count the wins.

Heinzie
01-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I am proud that we won the tempt destiny billboard (http://temptdestiny.com/eng/new.html) for our team and they gladly accepted it!

Farrior Fan
01-29-2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81df9056/article/continuity-commitment-keeping-steelers-on-top?module=HP_spotlight

It also has a video from some guy named Woodson

NHStlrfan
01-29-2011, 09:40 PM

They've overcome the starting QB out for 4 weeks, the backup QB going down, then the backup to the backup QB going down, musical chairs on the O-Line, their best TE out 2 weeks, the loss of Troy at times, and the NFL singling out their D for punishment to name just a few. As Blitz points out, you make your own luck as it were. They've got character and resolve. That overcomes bad luck every time! :tt02::tt02:

steelersbabex25
01-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Rod Woodson :dunno: Who's that?

dawgs
01-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Fun Facts:

1.) The greatest exodus of people over the last 20 years has been from the city of Pittsburgh. The reason being that all of the blue collar jobs left the city and were replaced by Tech and Medical jobs via the University UPMC. All positions are being staffed by outside citizens of other states and countries, because from Washington county to Butler, the education level is severly lacking. The average Pittsburgher does not know what Yinzer/Yunzer and nebbing means, because they aren't from here.

2.) Average household income for the Metropolitan Pittsburgh area is actually under that of Clevelands. Clevelands Metro area, such as places like Ohio City, have been refurbished and redesigned for White collar occupancy. Pittsburgh's Metro area is still a designated segragation zone made up of primarily "The Hill District" (Oh Damn He knows about "The Hill"?) Lawrenceville and Wilkinsburg.

3.) The greatest man made pollution disaster occured on the banks of the Allegheny river which still holds the record for the largest domestic oil spill in our fresh water system causing the most environmental destruction on record. So much for that river fire!

4.) The biggest political tyrannt in mayoral history was not Michael White, it was an idiot named Tom Murphy, who ran Pittsburgh into the ground for 12 years!! Not only was he pro union and guilty of pension kickbacks, he seperated Pittsburgh from most of it's money teetering on the brink of Bankruptcy, he was also very proudly Mafia linked. He ran unopposed several times.

5.) The longest Sports losing steaks in Baseball belongs to the Pirates, 18 years and running!

6.) The longest losing streak in Football belongs to the Steelers with only 3 seasons over 500 in 40 Years! They were also the first team in the NFL to never to win a game in a season, and more than once!

7.) The average Steeler fan cannot name a Borough in Pittsburgh, because they have never been here.

8.) The largest waste of tax payer money in the tri-state area and under investigation is an underground tunnel running under the rivers to the North shore, never completed and massively over budget. This is the real bridge to nowhere.

9.) Recently posted article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette featured the massive closings and layoffs of Pittsburgh Hospitals, including West Penn Allegheny, which offers up those pathetic Steeler ballerina commercial kicking a football at Hines Field (talk about embarrassing). When asked where they would go for specialty care, survey says Cleveland Clinic!! Wonderful place to be for medical care isn't it?

10.) Pittsburgh is a architectural nightmare. The city is falling apart and the Squirrel Hill tunnels and fort Pitt tunnel, which cause 1 hour traffic jams to go in and out of were admitted by the city as " Not properly thought through". Meanwhile let's protect "The Igloo" as a national landmark and use city money to keep a tuna can we don't need on the skyline.

10.) Chuck Knolls first championship rings came from his days as a linebacker for the Browns, along with Don Shula. When asked who he credited with his coaching success he replied "Coach Brown was the greatest football mind he had ever known.

11.) Allegheny County Pittsburgh and Dade County Florida, flip flop for the number one Senior population depending on the seasons of the year. I have asked several of my senior clients why they come back and they reply" To visit my kids and family who can't afford to move" So if they can't afford to move, do you think they have enough money to lock up the trailer and follow the Steelers around like a Grateful Dead groupies? Steeler fans don't travel well, they already live in those cities, it's called bandwagon and relocates. I should know, I handle their money or lack thereof.

Had to do it. keep you humble.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey dawgs, how did the brownies do in 2010? Just curious, as I didn't really pay much attention to our division rivals this past year.

Welcome back to the forum and hope you enjoy the super bowl. For your information the PITTSBURGH STEELERS are in it for the eight time. Mathematically that is almost 20% of the super bowls played. I forgot how many the brownies where in. Do you happen to know that?

I found this on the web, I think it is the brownies towel.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3888/2660183906c2b5338371.jpg

coach
01-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Fun Facts:

1.) The greatest exodus of people over the last 20 years has been from the city of Pittsburgh. The reason being that all of the blue collar jobs left the city and were replaced by Tech and Medical jobs via the University UPMC. All positions are being staffed by outside citizens of other states and countries, because from Washington county to Butler, the education level is severly lacking. The average Pittsburgher does not know what Yinzer/Yunzer and nebbing means, because they aren't from here.

2.) Average household income for the Metropolitan Pittsburgh area is actually under that of Clevelands. Clevelands Metro area, such as places like Ohio City, have been refurbished and redesigned for White collar occupancy. Pittsburgh's Metro area is still a designated segragation zone made up of primarily "The Hill District" (Oh Damn He knows about "The Hill"?) Lawrenceville and Wilkinsburg.

3.) The greatest man made pollution disaster occured on the banks of the Allegheny river which still holds the record for the largest domestic oil spill in our fresh water system causing the most environmental destruction on record. So much for that river fire!

4.) The biggest political tyrannt in mayoral history was not Michael White, it was an idiot named Tom Murphy, who ran Pittsburgh into the ground for 12 years!! Not only was he pro union and guilty of pension kickbacks, he seperated Pittsburgh from most of it's money teetering on the brink of Bankruptcy, he was also very proudly Mafia linked. He ran unopposed several times.

5.) The longest Sports losing steaks in Baseball belongs to the Pirates, 18 years and running!

6.) The longest losing streak in Football belongs to the Steelers with only 3 seasons over 500 in 40 Years! They were also the first team in the NFL to never to win a game in a season, and more than once!

7.) The average Steeler fan cannot name a Borough in Pittsburgh, because they have never been here.

8.) The largest waste of tax payer money in the tri-state area and under investigation is an underground tunnel running under the rivers to the North shore, never completed and massively over budget. This is the real bridge to nowhere.

9.) Recently posted article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette featured the massive closings and layoffs of Pittsburgh Hospitals, including West Penn Allegheny, which offers up those pathetic Steeler ballerina commercial kicking a football at Hines Field (talk about embarrassing). When asked where they would go for specialty care, survey says Cleveland Clinic!! Wonderful place to be for medical care isn't it?

10.) Pittsburgh is a architectural nightmare. The city is falling apart and the Squirrel Hill tunnels and fort Pitt tunnel, which cause 1 hour traffic jams to go in and out of were admitted by the city as " Not properly thought through". Meanwhile let's protect "The Igloo" as a national landmark and use city money to keep a tuna can we don't need on the skyline.

10.) Chuck Knolls first championship rings came from his days as a linebacker for the Browns, along with Don Shula. When asked who he credited with his coaching success he replied "Coach Brown was the greatest football mind he had ever known.

11.) Allegheny County Pittsburgh and Dade County Florida, flip flop for the number one Senior population depending on the seasons of the year. I have asked several of my senior clients why they come back and they reply" To visit my kids and family who can't afford to move" So if they can't afford to move, do you think they have enough money to lock up the trailer and follow the Steelers around like a Grateful Dead groupies? Steeler fans don't travel well, they already live in those cities, it's called bandwagon and relocates. I should know, I handle their money or lack thereof.

In the 1980s, the Browns won the AFC Central Division Championship 5 times, and made it as far as the AFC championship game 3 times (1986, '87, and '89). However, all three times, the Browns were denied a trip to the Super Bowl by the Denver Broncos. The Broncos; REALLY?????

In 1995 the team's owner Art Model moved the team to Baltimore and it became the Ravens. You got dumped for Batimore; REALLY??????

The franchise won, but they had to leave Cleveland to do it.

You had to do it, but not to keep Steeler fans humble. You had to do it to release some of that pent up frustration.

Steeler fan to Browns fan; I'll show you mine :tt02: if you show me yours :cursin:.

steelersbabex25
01-30-2011, 12:58 PM

A fun fact:

Anything that a Browns fan says to a Steelers fan will never be taken seriously, because we all know that in the end, all it is is jealousy.

Had to do it to keep you humble.

Scorp
01-31-2011, 02:49 AM
History and tradition run deep within the Steelers and Packers, and in the blue-collar communities both teams reflect.

By Vic Carucci NFL.com

DALLAS -- You just know that, somewhere on Super Bowl Sunday, the two of them will be together.

They'll be watching and smiling, satisfied that what they were a part of creating so many years ago -- the pride and tradition that bonds their teams and the communities they represent -- is still very much in place.

There is no doubt that, at least in spirit, Vince Lombardi and Art "The Chief" Rooney are celebrating their version of absolute perfection in that the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers will decide the championship of the NFL. Not only do Lombardi's Packers and Rooney's Steelers comprise the first Super Bowl matchup of teams more than 75 years old, they also have the most combined Super Bowl victories (nine) and Pro Football Hall of Fame members (39) who spent the majority of their careers with either team.

"Yeah," Rocky Bleier said, "I can picture them sitting there -- one (Rooney) having a cigar, the other one maybe having a beer -- saying, 'Hey, we didn't do too badly with these franchises and where they are today.' I could see that."

Bleier offers a unique perspective on the parallels between the two teams that will make for a showdown of mirror images in Super Bowl XLV. He grew up in Appleton, Wis., where as a middle-schooler he witnessed Lombardi's transformation of the Packers into a powerhouse in the early 1960s, and later played running back for the Steelers as they built their dynasty in the 1970s.

Bleier understands better than most what it means to have a tightly knit, working-class community embrace its football franchise and for the team and the town to share an identity rooted in hard work, toughness, and a high level of achievement that can be measured in decades.

The Packers, who have been in business since 1919 and a part of the NFL since 1921, and the Steelers, whom Rooney founded in 1933, are also unlike the league's 30 other teams in ways not defined by longevity, championships, or individual honors. The Packers are the only NFL franchise that is publicly owned. The Steelers, though belonging to the Rooney family, have long conveyed a clear feeling that they, too, are a public property.

In both cases, most players, even after retirement, feel as strongly connected to the team and the town as the fans that live there.

"People will come up to me, and the feeling that they have for us today is similar to what it was when we played; it just has not changed," said Jerry Kramer, an offensive guard for the Packers from 1958 to 1968. "And a lot of that is due to the fact that it's a team that's owned by the people and the team can never desert them. So there's no danger to loving and getting emotionally involved with a team like that because they'll always be there."

Said Steelers Hall of Fame running back Franco Harris, who along with former teammate Bleier served as an honorary captain for the coin toss before the AFC Championship Game victory against the New York Jets: "There is that long, huge connection from the '70s to today, and, really, that's by design. You have owners like the Rooneys that like to continually make that connection and Mike Tomlin, the coach, very much so likes to maintain that connection when he talks about 'the standard that was set and then the standard that we will shoot for.' So I feel like I'm part of this new generation and I want them to feel like they are a part of us, that we are one."

No other clubs have a following that generates a stronger presence at road games, due largely to people in the respective regions moving to other parts of the country (which was especially the case when thousands of steel industry jobs were lost in Western Pennsylvania in the early 1980s) yet maintaining their team loyalty. Another factor in the well-deserved reputation that Packers and Steelers fans have for "traveling well" is that getting a seat for a home game is next to impossible if you don't already own a season ticket or aren't a relative or close friend of someone who does.

Hall of Fame quarterback Bart Starr was "delighted and honored" to have been a part of the contagious fan interest in the Packers that swept through Green Bay and steadily expanded into the upper-Midwest some 50 years ago.

"Sensed it, felt it, saw it, believed it, and enjoyed it," Starr said.

The league couldn't have two better fan bases to help ensure that a record crowd of 105,000 will pack Cowboys Stadium, including about 5,000 outside the actual seating area watching on big-screen televisions in the Plaza Party section. It will be a pilgrimage of green-and-gold-wearing Cheeseheads and black-and-gold-wearing citizens of Steelers Nation.

"And I expect that these fans will have respect of one another and there will be a feeling there of sportsmanship that maybe you don't see every day," Kramer said.

The consistent success of the Packers, who have won three Super Bowls, and Steelers, who have a record six Lombardi trophies, does make it easier for their followers (including many with no ties to Wisconsin or Pennsylvania) to pledge their unwavering support. So, too, does the fact that they can accurately be described as the antithesis of the big-spending, high-glitz approach that widens the ever-growing gap between professional sports and fans that, in many cases, struggle to make ends meet.

This isn't to suggest that these teams operate on a shoestring budget. Both have recently renovated stadiums that are the centerpieces of redevelopment, something that larger-market teams have not been able to do or have done with less success. Heinz Field is a main component of Pittsburgh's revitalization and the Lambeau Field Atrium -- which is home to the Packers Hall of Fame, Packers Pro Shop, restaurants, and a variety of events and entertainment -- is a year-round tourist attraction that continues to grow.

However, history shows that the Packers and Steelers have been among the NFL's most fiscally conservative franchises. The success they've enjoyed in two of the league's smaller markets makes them shining examples of the importance of shared revenues and the ability to replenish talent each year through the draft. Thanks to smart drafting and astute personnel acquisitions, both organizations have taken full advantage of a system that allows small-market teams to be every bit as competitive as those in major cities.

Strong work in the front office also has allowed them to overcome down cycles. After their '60s domination, which included victories in the first two Super Bowls, the Packers didn't become consistent winners again until the 1990s, capturing their third Super Bowl following the 1996 season and making an unsuccessful trip to the big game a year later. That was at the height of the Mike Holmgren/Brett Favre era.

After owning the '70s, the Steelers didn't re-emerge as a true power until after Bill Cowher took over in 1992. Through the rest of that decade, he lead the Steelers to three AFC championship games and one Super Bowl, which they lost, before guiding them to a Super Bowl victory following the 2005 season. Three years later, Tomlin led the Steelers to their sixth Super Bowl win.

"One of the toughest things to do, as other teams have found out -- if you look at teams like the Raiders, the Dolphins, the Cowboys and San Francisco that have been strong in different decades -- is to keep it going over a long period of time," Harris said. "What the Steelers have accomplished in the last 40 years is quite remarkable. We just had our 15th championship game, and I saw where we've won a playoff game at least every four years (during that 40-year span)."

Like their communities, the Packers and Steelers have long been known for having workmanlike players and serious, businesslike coaches (such as Lombardi, Holmgren and Mike McCarthy in Green Bay, and the three coaches the Steelers have had since 1969 -- Chuck Noll, Cowher and Tomlin).

To a certain degree, it's as if time has stood still in both cities. Players and coaches have come and gone (although less frequently with coaches in Pittsburgh), but certain things never seem to change. When you arrive at Green Bay's Austin Straubel International Airport, you are greeted by a sign that welcomes you to "Titletown USA," a moniker that took hold while the Packers won a dozen title games (before winning the first Super Bowl in 1966). When you arrive at Pittsburgh International Airport, you are greeted by a life-sized statue of Harris leaning forward to grab a ball only inches above the ground for the "Immaculate Reception" that gave the Steelers their unforgettable playoff victory against the Oakland Raiders.

Fans of both teams have time-honored traditions, such as kids at the Packers' training camp lending their bikes to players to ride to and from the practice field, or the tailgating in the Lambeau Field parking lot at the crack of dawn before a July shareholder meeting, or non-stop twirling of the "Terrible Towel" everywhere inside Heinz Field, or the honking horns of the "Here We Go Steelers" chant.

"For people to come to Lambeau, it's almost like a religious experience," Kramer said.

Kramer has lost count of the number of times he has been approached by someone recalling for him a typical fall Sunday afternoon in Wisconsin consisting of dinner "at grandpa's house and then we'd lie down on the floor to watch the Packers game. And nobody could talk!" During and after his playing days, Kramer always had "a vision of game day in Wisconsin, where they get up and milk the cows at about 3:30, 4 o'clock in the morning, and some of them finish at 6, 7 o'clock and drive from all across the state to Green Bay, and just stream into that city by the thousands."

Bleier accompanied his father, who owned a bar, to Lambeau for one of the most famous games ever played: the "Ice Bowl." He remembers freezing his "little tushy off in 15-below-zero weather" as the Packers beat the Dallas Cowboys for the 1967 NFL championship.

Bleier's father was a Packers shareholder, and proudly displayed the certificate that stated as much. Although, like the rest of the Packers shareholders, he received no dividend checks and had no voting power, there was a clear sense that a piece of that team was his. That is the same attitude that permeates throughout Green Bay and Wisconsin.

"They are owners, and that's just unbelievable, it's unheard of in any other franchise," Starr said.

Bleier can recall how fans in Green Bay would mingle with players at local bars and restaurants, or would see them in church.

"All of a sudden, they became part of that community and then, as they won, that identity became that much stronger," he said.

Even in the days before texting and Twitter, information -- in the form of fact and rumor -- about everything concerning the Packers had a way of rapidly spreading throughout Green Bay. As Kramer pointed out, "You could start a rumor on one side of Green Bay at the barber shop and it would be across town in a couple of hours."

Wanting only the best results for their team, Packers fans in the 1960s felt duty bound to serve as an extra set of eyes and ears for Lombardi. Back then, one of the favorite topics of gossip was Hall of Fame halfback and kicker Paul Hornung, who was known for enjoying the night life and for often being less than conspicuous about it.

"If that white Cadillac convertible, with the No. 5 license plate, was out past 11 o'clock on a week night in camp, coach Lombardi knew about it the next day," Kramer said. "The residents of the city would take it upon themselves to police Hornung's escapades and let the coach know that he was breaking curfew."

When Bleier first arrived in Pittsburgh in 1968, he immediately saw how similar it was to the area in which he was born and raised. Back home, Appleton and other cities along the Fox River were headquarters to thriving paper mills. In Pittsburgh -- where the Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio rivers flow -- the steel industry was still going strong.

"Pittsburgh, basically, is a Midwestern city," Bleier said. "It has that (Midwestern) work ethic. And our success in the mid-70s paralleled what I saw as a kid from the Packers. Having lived in Packerland during that period of time really helped tie in my ability to relate to the fans and understanding how important it is just to be able to say, 'Hi,' and what you did on the field was a part of their lives."

What might seem corny or uncool to some people in different parts of the country plays well in Green Bay and Pittsburgh.

"It plays very well," Harris said. "All those things make the connections, those little things here and there that might not seem big within themselves, but a lot of little connections lead to bigger ones."

None is going to be larger than what Lombardi and Rooney, wherever they might be gathering on Super Bowl Sunday, will enjoy seeing.

DIESELMAN
01-31-2011, 06:02 AM
Good read!! Lots of history and tradition in this Super Bowl. Should be a damn good game!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Im all kinds of excited for this matchup, 2 epic NFL franchises with more history than you can shake a stick at. Who wants it more, who's going to make the big game changing play! Is it Sunday yet!!??

PeachStatesteeler
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Go ahead media, take Green Bay all you want. The Steelers are bringing home number 7.

Green Bay is glad to be in the Superbowl. The Steelers expect to be here and win.

Winning SuperBowls..... It's what the Steelers do.

That is all.

:cope::cope::cope:

Rampage
02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Wait a second. Stryper wore the same colors as the Steelers and they had the song "To Hell With the Devil."

Is it a sign from above?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Wait a second. Stryper wore the same colors as the Steelers and they had the song "To Hell With the Devil."

Is it a sign from above?

Dude, I used to rock to Stryper..man I loved those guys! I think you're right about the sign, I'm going to go find it on youtube now! The more good signs the better! LOL

Scorp
02-02-2011, 08:17 PM
So what is it Addicts? I'm going to say SUPER!!!!

Goodfrom55
02-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Dominant.

Farrior Fan
02-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Roethlisberger

DIESELMAN
02-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Win!!

coldrolled
02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Blitzkrieg

airbrake 1
02-02-2011, 09:42 PM
champions

mos07
02-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Tomlin-esque. (Not pretty, but effective)

steeldoc
02-02-2011, 10:36 PM
All Ben.:cope::cope::cope::cope:

Farrior Fan
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Polamaluized

SteelCityKid5
02-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Physical

Steelers_All_Day_43
02-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Amazing

SteelDad
02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Concussion

jd1000
02-03-2011, 06:08 AM
Dynasty!

steelers4life66
02-03-2011, 07:09 PM
:pray: 7th heaven. :pray:

coach
02-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Surprising.

Farrior Fan
02-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Silverback

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2011, 01:31 PM
No more talk, no media crap, no more player interviews all day. It's time get down to business.

hit 'n run
02-04-2011, 03:28 PM
i kinda like the packers for a NFC team....i dont hate them at all, im really looking forward to this game....

i want it for flo, i want it for mendenhall since he didnt play in the last one, i want it for wallace, and i want it for ben just because he rapes everyone and everything no matter what
So K Train, exactly how hot is it "in hell" ?

Do they serve ice water down there?

Packer Fan
02-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I posted this in another part of the forum as well.

First off I want to say congrats Steeler fans on getting your team to the Super Bowl. I can't think of a better match up for Sunday. You guys should be proud of the Steelers and how they are portrayed nationally. The Steelers are a classy team and play down right nasty! I mean that in a good way. Lots of props to you guys and let's hope for a clean game where the players determine the outcome. As a Packer fan I would not bet the farm either way on this game. Which ever team wins, will have earned it. Have a good time Sunday and hopefully we are all on the edge of our seats till the final whistle blows. Good luck.

Rampage
02-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I posted this in another part of the forum as well.

First off I want to say congrats Steeler fans on getting your team to the Super Bowl. I can't think of a better match up for Sunday. You guys should be proud of the Steelers and how they are portrayed nationally. The Steelers are a classy team and play down right nasty! I mean that in a good way. Lots of props to you guys and let's hope for a clean game where the players determine the outcome. As a Packer fan I would not bet the farm either way on this game. Which ever team wins, will have earned it. Have a good time Sunday and hopefully we are all on the edge of our seats till the final whistle blows. Good luck.

Same sentiments for your Packers. Both teams have played themselves into the Super Bowl and this should be a great game. Probably one of the better match ups in recent history and it will be exciting to see how things go.

Packer Fan
02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Funny to me how the media is just digging for dirt on these teams and just can't find it. Biggest story is Ben took the line out for dinner? C'mon! Lots of Steelers fans in WI, good people also. Here in WI it seems as though the media has picked the Steelers. The 2 1/2 points I believe is Vegas trying to get more action on the Steelers. Lots of Packers fans bet the house whether they have a chance or not. This game should have no spread! Hate to use the same old cliche, but I think this game will come down to a couple big plays. Both teams are too solid to get blown out. If you love football this is the game for you. As I said before, we won't all be happy Sunday night, but if you guys win it could'nt happen to a better team or fans.

LatrobePA
02-04-2011, 04:22 PM
From my 95 year old grandmother: Kick their F'N asses!!

Troyisabeast_43
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
No more talk, no media crap, no more player interviews all day. It's time get down to business.

Im with you BRC the time for talk and all this media hype will finally be over after today. No more player or coaches interviews after today. For us fans, time is going to drag until 630 Sunday night. It will be absolute torture having to sit through all the pre-game stuff Sunday morning and afternoon before this game. At least the Penguins play the Capitals on Sunday at 1230 which will be something to watch and keep an eye on for a few hours leading up to the game...

steelersbabex25
02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
6/7 "experts" just picked the Packers to win on Sports Center. Keyshawn was the only one who picked the Steelers. Can't wait to prove these asshats wrong.

--- Added 2/4/2011 at 03:58 PM ---

REALLY enjoying watching every single person on ESPN pick the Packers.

Rampage
02-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Funny to me how the media is just digging for dirt on these teams and just can't find it. Biggest story is Ben took the line out for dinner? C'mon! Lots of Steelers fans in WI, good people also. Here in WI it seems as though the media has picked the Steelers. The 2 1/2 points I believe is Vegas trying to get more action on the Steelers. Lots of Packers fans bet the house whether they have a chance or not. This game should have no spread! Hate to use the same old cliche, but I think this game will come down to a couple big plays. Both teams are too solid to get blown out. If you love football this is the game for you. As I said before, we won't all be happy Sunday night, but if you guys win it could'nt happen to a better team or fans.

I actually read an article about the spread and they said that the 2.5 points was put in place by Vegas because the Packers have been a huge betting team in recent history and they are going to bring a ton of money and bets in for the game. They said something about the points preventing a whale or flurry of bids from tilting everything. I tried finding the article but I'm not sure where I saw it, maybe Fox Business News?

steelers4life66
02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
After this week of Rodgers this and packers that. The way the media and everyone else has climbed on the packers nuts. I have plenty of hate for them. Steelers need to go out there and get their respected back. I hope we beat the packer til their eyes bleed and they **** themselves. :reddevil:

Clevelandsux
02-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Heres what i say. Screw the Pack! Screw Curly Lambeau, Vince Lombardi (except the trophy that bears his name), Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Brett favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ray nitchske, Mike holmgren. f-um all! And those pathetic cheeseheads! This is wAR BABY!!!

I think they should change the lombardi trophy to the Art Rooney trophy!!!

Clay Matthews jr? Oh this is kin from a former Cleveland Brown so screw him too! Mike McCarthy? Who is the fat bastard?

Go steelers!

--- Added 2/4/2011 at 06:28 PM ---

Also if you say you don't hate the Packers, you will if we lose. My plant manager where I work who is a Packer fan told me the Packers were going to kick our butts! We'll see about that.

DBR96A
02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
After this week of Rodgers this and packers that. The way the media and everyone else has climbed on the packers nuts. I have plenty of hate for them. Steelers need to go out there and get their respected [sic] back. I hope we beat the packer til their eyes bleed and they **** themselves. :reddevil:

What respect are we "getting back," exactly? I'm still waiting for the Steelers to get their due.

LarryNJ
02-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Here's a very good interview with MT.

It's in 3 or 4 parts so don't stop after the first one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nfl/Y_Sports_NFL/24074636;_ylt=AtXram1onDxaa3EncEECc.1DubYF#nfl/Y_Sports_NFL/24074636

--- Added 2/4/2011 at 08:36 PM ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kra385tFusk

Heinzie
02-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Notation from the TD site:

"Since 2000, only one of the SB bound teams (without a TD billboard) which had the most TD votes also wound up winning the SB. This does not include the Giants (3rd TD billboard) or the Saints (4th TD billboard). As seen in Table 3 from the results of this experiment, the Steelers was that team. Now that they won the TD billboard of chance (indirect choice), does it mean they are destined to win again? (SEE RESULTS (http://temptdestiny.com/pdf/TDE_tables.pdf))"

http://temptdestiny.com/images/TD5_web_cam.jpg (http://temptdestiny.com/eng/new.html)

So do you think this is a prediction of what's to come or just a statistical coincidence?

pimplydan
02-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Really guys I've been a steeler fan since the year of superbowl XIII . It was amazing to see the steelers beat the favourite cowboys that year. I've been bleeding black and gold ever since.
Yes I wanted them to win really bad in 2006 and almost died in 2008 when Fitzgerald caught that TD pass with what 2 minutes left.

But this superbowl means the world to me . I really think I will be the happiest man alive if they win and distroyed if they lose .(I know this makes no sense but)

I really being honest here . Am I oversizing this thing or am I normal ? Sometimes I ask myself how did it get so deep .

But really I love it. Really love the Pittsburgh Steelers . Help me understand !!!

Speeed
02-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Relax. Drink an Iron City, wipe away the sweat with a Terrible Towel, and put on ESPN.

Big T
02-05-2011, 02:29 AM
I am unbelievably nervous. More nervous than I was for the last two I think. Idk lol. We just cant lose this game. It would kill me lol.

sanscritt
02-05-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm with you. Been a Steeler fan since I was born (1968), whole family is from the 'Burgh. Starting to chew fingernails now, lol. I am surrounded by:eek1:Colts fans (live in Indiana now).
Am really looking forward to a good game, but am really worried about this one!

Phenomenal TJ
02-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Don't sweat it. It's because all of the media talking about how Godly Aaron Rodgers is and how Donald Driver is the second coming of Jesus Christ. They're just trying to break into the world of journalism, and doing it terribly from the look and structure of some of the stuff I've read lately.

This one means the most because it's the current one. I'm nervous too, but that's natural for Super Bowl Eve. Pouncey and Smith being out doesn't help matters, as I'd be a lot more confident if we had them available, but what're you going to do about it? Nada.

You'll be fine come kickoff.

LarryNJ
02-05-2011, 05:55 AM
Relax. Drink an Iron City, wipe away the sweat with a Terrible Towel, and put on ESPN.

Drink a beer is always a good suggestion, but hell no to ESPN! He might go postal if he watches that. :lol:

Everyone who cares is nervous. It's a great feeling, look at what the alternative is. Not being here and not caring. Everyone in Baltimore is sleeping soundly while we are up before dawn, unable to sleep. I'll gladly take being nervous anytime. I'm grateful for it.

Steelerfreak56
02-05-2011, 07:05 AM
I was birthed in a terrible towel. 16 years old now and my bestfriend is a damn packers fan. He's talkin all this crap and I don't know what I'm gonna do If we lose, I haven't slept in 42 hours. Any ideas

pimplydan
02-05-2011, 07:22 AM

love to have the fringe full of iron city but here in Mtl,Canada their's none .If I could I would . ESPN forget about it , I have had enough of pregame for now .
One half hour before kickoff pregame will be O.K

Yea IC would be my beer but it is Coors light .

pimplydan
02-05-2011, 07:35 AM
You know what I am thinking . It's really going to be steeler nation vs the world in that stadium Sunday . Nobody in Texas wants the steelers to win another superbowl , we would have too many more than their beloved Cowboys .

The others will go for the NFC team instead of the AFC team .

Then their's so many others that just want another team instead of the steelers to win the superbowl .

Then theirs the many real Packer fans with their new bandwagoners .Copied towels.

This time it is going to be us against the world for sure!!

Steeler nation please give me your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clevelandsux
02-05-2011, 08:57 AM

First of all don't watch espn. Turn on some Steeler dvds, highlights, etc. Watch the Afc Championship or the Ravens playoff again. Then tell me if this looks like a team that is going to lose?

So relax big fella! Pittsburgh is winning number seven! All of us in steeler nation will be having the last laugh on sunday night.:cope:

Clevelandsux
02-05-2011, 08:59 AM
I guarantee you there will be plenty of support coming from Steeler nation too! The only people that are pro packers are the biased media and all of the haters.

Clevelandsux
02-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Fun Facts:

F-off clowns fan! Get your sorry loser *** out of here.

--- Added 2/5/2011 at 07:08 AM ---

Oh Clowns fan, I was at that "scrimmage" last month we had with Clowns at the big mistake on the lake. Nice little practice for the Steelers before the playoffs. lol

nuclearchihuahuas
02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Staubach is going to award the Lombardi and he really does not want to give it to the Steelers. NFL network making a big deal about that. The Packers have copied the towel (err for them the 'washcloth'). I have heard nothing but 'go pack go' in the background over the pregame nfl network shows. I see way more packer fans in the background then steeler fans. I think at best there will be a bias in coverage by the nfl network. Maybe from Fox as well - I am not sure about them. That's ok...I figure SteelerNation can stand alongside Flozell and participate when he gives Jerry the one finger salute. :nahnah:

steelersgal86
02-05-2011, 09:56 AM
I am sure there will be alot of steelers fans there...but you are right..it is us against the world...no one besides steelers fans wants us to get 7

pimplydan
02-05-2011, 10:05 AM
First of all don't watch espn. Turn on some Steeler dvds, highlights, etc. Watch the Afc Championship or the Ravens playoff again. Then tell me if this looks like a team that is going to lose?

So relax big fella! Pittsburgh is winning number seven! All of us in steeler nation will be having the last laugh on sunday night.:cope:

Hey thanks , I owe you one and you you will get it ,bye the way I was just watching the game vs the Packers again . We do have control in this game and with Troy in there they wouldn't even have scored their first two TDs .

It is a good temporary cure !!!

LarryNJ
02-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Staubach is going to award the Lombardi and he really does not want to give it to the Steelers. ..... Maybe from Fox as well - I am not sure about them.

I thought Bradshaw was awarding the Lombardi¿ Fox broadcast the NFC games, so yes of course they would like the Packers to win. Than next season they can advertise games with the Super Bowl champs.

Steelerfreak56
02-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Ever since we won XLIII the rest of the NFL got sick of us. Especially the anchors and announcers. Even cowher picked the jets to win two weeks ago

Clevelandsux
02-05-2011, 11:19 AM
No Cowher picked the Steelers. So did Staubach.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
There will be plenty of Steeler Fans in Dallas. Let's not kid ourselves here, the Steeler Nation travels better than anyone. I won't be the lopsided numbers that we saw in Detroit but we will be represented.

airbrake 1
02-05-2011, 11:26 AM
they will be sadly disappointed at games end...it really sickening how the media seems to gush over one team...as for the crowd i really hope the packers fans bring those title towels it will look as if the entire stadium is filled with steeler fans...can't wait to see staubach have to had off the lombardi trophy to the rooneys...he couldn't get the job done the two times he faced us in the super bowl and i'm sure these sour grapes will be almost as bitter as those 2 two losses back in the seventies...go steelers

Steelerfreak56
02-05-2011, 11:47 AM
No Cowher picked the Steelers. So did Staubach.

"Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher doesn’t believe his old team will win the AFC Championship Game and make it to this year's Super Bowl."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Bill-Cowher-picks-New-York-Jets-to-beat-Pittsburgh-Steelers-in-AFC-Championship-Game-012111

Rampage
02-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I was birthed in a terrible towel. 16 years old now and my bestfriend is a damn packers fan. He's talkin all this crap and I don't know what I'm gonna do If we lose, I haven't slept in 42 hours. Any ideas

Tell him that it's shaping up to be a good, hard fought game and whichever team wins will have completely earned the right to hoist the Lombardi. Don't get involved in the game of talk, you just about always lose that battle.

Blazedby92
02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
It'salways been SN against the world for YEARS!!!!

Clevelandsux
02-05-2011, 12:16 PM
I saw Cowher before the AFC title game on cbs. He picked the Steelers. Unless he flip flopped. Staubach was on sirius and said he picked the Steelers too. Joe Namath was on sirius. They asked him how the Jets were disrespected by the media before super bowl 3. He said nobody has been more disrespected by the media than the Steelers this week. That they are 2.5 point underdogs, but have 25 guys with 2 super bowl rings.

steelersbabex25
02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
It's also going to be pro-Packers in Maryland, Virginia, California, Arizona, Florida, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Connecticut..you get the picture.

coach
02-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I saw Cowher before the AFC title game on cbs. He picked the Steelers. Unless he flip flopped. Staubach was on sirius and said he picked the Steelers too. Joe Namath was on sirius. They asked him how the Jets were disrespected by the media before super bowl 3. He said nobody has been more disrespected by the media than the Steelers this week. That they are 2.5 point underdogs, but have 25 guys with 2 super bowl rings.

Then he said, you're pretty,,,,,,,,,,can I kiss you? He;s probably been drinkin since the Jets lost the AFC CG.

steelers4life66
02-05-2011, 04:13 PM
"Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher doesn’t believe his old team will win the AFC Championship Game and make it to this year's Super Bowl."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Bill-Cowher-picks-New-York-Jets-to-beat-Pittsburgh-Steelers-in-AFC-Championship-Game-012111

He must of had a change of heart, cuz he pick Pittsburgh in the pregame show.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Getting involved in trash talk with a Packers fan is pointless. They'll spew the same **** over and over. It's our turn, we appreciate it more, we have a better WR corp, we have a better QB, we have Clay Matthews, we have Woodson. It's all pointless and they will just drive you nuts.

BTW, none of us have slept too well recently :lol:

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Please dear lord let me live to see the Super Bowl.

--- Added 2/5/2011 at 05:00 PM ---

We ain't gonna lose. Your friend probably won't be after this game is over.

Scorp
02-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Great posts by everyone.

Scorp
02-05-2011, 07:20 PM
If the Steelers win a third Super Bowl title in six years, are they a dynasty?

By James Walker
www.espn.com

FORT WORTH, Texas -- In his 50 years of experience with scouting, personnel and eventually media, Gil Brandt has seen all the football dynasties come and go in the NFL.

In Brandt's eyes, this current group of Pittsburgh Steelers can put its name into that elite category with a third championship in six seasons.

"You have to, yes," the former Dallas Cowboys player personnel executive said of considering Pittsburgh a dynasty. "We have some teams that have been in the NFL 45 years and haven't won a Super Bowl."

The Steelers have a lot on the line Sunday in Super Bowl XLV against the Green Bay Packers. Not only is Pittsburgh playing for another Lombardi Trophy, but the franchise can make a strong case to be the NFL's latest dynasty -- a term that applies only to teams winning multiple titles in a concentrated period of time.

Pittsburgh has all the ingredients for sustained success: good coaching, stellar defense, a franchise quarterback and future Hall of Famers. These are many of the same attributes of past dynasties, such as the old Steelers of the 1970s, the San Francisco 49ers of the 1980s, the Cowboys of the 1990s and, most recently, the New England Patriots of the past decade.

So where would Pittsburgh potentially fit?

"I think if we win this [Super Bowl], you have to put this organization down as being one of the dynasties of the 2000s,” said Steelers 13-year receiver Hines Ward. "We know what's at stake. For us, it's another opportunity to win another Super Bowl. We're 2-0 in Super Bowls and we don't want to experience the other side."

What exactly counts as a dynasty in today's NFL, and how much has the definition changed?

Here is some food for thought: Since free agency began in the spring of 1993, only two teams (the Denver Broncos and Patriots) have won back-to-back Super Bowls. The Cowboys' Super Bowl titles bridged the start of modern free agency. They won Super Bowl XXVII to mark the end of the 1992 season. After the era began with Reggie White's departure from the Philadelphia Eagles to join the Packers in April 1993, the Cowboys still managed to win the Lombardi Trophy that season. Although the 49ers claimed the 1994 season's title, Dallas would later cement its dynasty status by winning a third championship in the modern free-agency era during the 1995 season.

The NFL landscape has changed dramatically in the past 15 or so years where players rarely play for one team. That makes it much harder to consistently stay on top.

"I think if you can get three in a decade, those teams are up for dynasties," Steelers safety Ryan Clark said. "So I think if you get three titles in six years, you have to be considered."

Even if Pittsburgh wins Sunday, the biggest knock on the Steelers would be this current group has never won back-to-back Super Bowls. But this is a league where parity rules. Eight different teams have represented the NFC in the Super Bowl in the past eight seasons.

"Back-to-back titles is obviously huge, because that to me is the hardest thing to do," said former tailback and Super Bowl champion Ricky Watters with the Niners. "But to stay up there is hard, too. We see teams that get there and then they’re gone. Then they may get back up there, and they’re gone again. So I think the staying power is important."

The Steelers have never won back-to-back titles the past six seasons, but they also never had a losing season. Including playoffs, Pittsburgh holds a 71-35 record over that span.

"Well, I don’t know if it's necessary because it's really hard to win back-to-back," Brandt explained. "The reason it's hard to win is because the competitive balance in this league is so good."

Now more than ever, the NFL has become a coaching and quarterback league. This is a major reason Pittsburgh has been able to sustain its success.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn't put up gaudy numbers but is arguably the most clutch quarterback in the NFL. He is 10-2 in the playoffs and has a chance to improve to 3-0 in Super Bowls this Sunday. Earlier this week, the AFC North blog examined whether a third championship cements his status as a future Hall of Famer.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has a chance to win his second Super Bowl in just his fourth season. Tomlin could surpass his predecessor, Bill Cowher, who won one championship in Pittsburgh in 15 seasons.

Both are young for their respective positions. Roethlisberger, 28, and Tomlin, 38, will be stalwarts in Pittsburgh for a long time with a chance to win multiple championships together.

"We have a great relationship. He's a player's coach and I like playing for him," Roethlisberger said this week of Tomlin. "He's one of the reasons we want to win football games. We are blessed to have him as our coach."

The Steelers don't have to look far for motivation. Perhaps the greatest dynasty of all time was the dominant 1970s Pittsburgh teams that won four Super Bowls in a six-season span. That Steeler dynasty also had two back-to-back title runs.

This week several Pittsburgh veterans say they’re trying to live up to that standard. On their way to meetings at Pittsburgh's complex, Steelers players and coaches must walk by their NFL-high six Lombardi Trophies, including those four won by Terry Bradshaw, Jack Lambert, Lynn Swann and Co.

"We have what you can't buy, which is legacy," Tomlin said. "[It's] an unbelievable standard and expectation and all those great things."

No dynasty lasts forever. That is why it's important for this proud, veteran group of Steelers to seize this moment.

There are aging veterans older than 30 such as Ward, James Farrior, Casey Hampton and Brett Keisel going for their third ring, and there are no guarantees any of these Steelers will get another chance to win another Super Bowl.

"We're not worrying about what happens afterwards. It's a whole bigger issue than us after this game,” Ward said of potentially making history. "So is this the last run? Why would it be the last run? We have a huge opportunity to win our third Super Bowl, and we're trying to come down here and make the most of it and see if we can bring our seventh Super Bowl back to Pittsburgh."

When it comes to attaining dynasty status, consider Super Bowl XLV a "swing game" for the Steelers.

Beat the favored Packers at Cowboys Stadium and this Steelers group will forever be in the dynasty discussion. But lose to Green Bay, and that conversation abruptly ends.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6087641

Scorp
02-05-2011, 07:24 PM
By Mike Prisuta - WDVE-FM

Posted 7 hours ago

aaFORT WORTH, Texas – In the days leading up to Super Bowl XLV the Steelers were asked repeatedly what makes them tick, what it is that gets a franchise to the first weekend in February three times in the last six seasons?

For assistant head coach John Mitchell, that can be summed up by a ride to the airport in Mitchell’s first season with the Steelers.

“I lived in Allegheny Center (apartments) in 1994 and I didn’t know Mr. (Dan) Rooney that well,” Mitchell recalled. “He was living in Allegheny Center while he was having some work done on his father’s house, which he moved back into. He rode to the airport with me (for a Steelers road trip).

“How many owners would come to an assistant coach and say, ‘Hey, let me ride to the airport with you.’”

For safety Will Allen, who came to the Steelers this season after six seasons in Tampa Bay, it comes down to what the Steelers are all about, and it comes from the top.

“There’s an expectation, but they allow you to meet the expectation by how they treat you,” Allen said. “A lot of teams don’t get that. A lot of teams apply a pressure when things get tough.

“It’s not loose here, but they allow you meet the expectation by keeping the communication open, by giving you certain avenues and resources to get the job done. And they’ve been successful doing it. You see past players and current players, they love the organization for that and, hence, there is success.

“You don’t really see that around the league.”

This year’s Steelers traversed a challenging route to Cowboys Stadium for Super Bowl XLV by overcoming the adversities and injuries all teams must deal with and at least one hurdle that was unprecedented – a season-opening six-game NFL suspension of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger that was eventually reduced to four games – by sticking together.

Offensive tackle Max Starks, on injured reserve but a starter in Super Bowl XL and Super Bowl XLIII, maintains the character of the players allows for such adaptability and resiliency.

“I think there are a bunch of characteristics that you must possess,” Starks said. “You have to be selfless, hard-working and team-oriented. Those are the key characteristics that all of us possess. That’s what makes us all Steelers.

“I think when they draft guys they look for those types of principles. You want a guy who’s a smart, intelligent player and is athletic. But you want him to be a selfless individual who puts the team before himself, you want an individual who has a hard work ethic, because if you have that work ethic that makes it a lot easier.”

The environment is professional, but the vibe is collegiate.

At least that’s how Allen sees it.

“We had a really close group at Ohio State when we won the national championship, but to see it on a pro level is remarkable,” he said. “The way that the Rooneys develop a culture of winning, develop a culture for the players, it’s amazing.”

Added cornerback Anthony Madison, a Super Bowl winner with the Steelers in 2008 in Tampa who landed in Cleveland and Indianapolis last season before eventually returning: “It’s a beautiful thing, man. I’m very blessed to be a part of it and I’m sure 99.9 percent of the guys on this team feel the exact same way.”

Heinzie
02-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Saw this on Reuters:

SB XLV to Confirm Theory of Everything (http://ewatch.prnewswire.com/rs/display.jsp?a=63195-1001829556-2024106905)

Sounds like a definite maybe to me. I'll take a W thank you!

jpele
02-06-2011, 12:25 AM
All football players are tough. The profession demands it. The Steelers own a different brand of toughness, though. They push through, they don’t doubt. They do what they do, without apology.

It’s good stuff, in Pittsburgh. On Sunday night, the Steelers deserve a shout.

A great article: >>>HERE<<< (http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110205/COL03/302050017/Doc-Steelers-worth-rooting-for)

From Cincinnati no less.

Jayman
02-06-2011, 02:17 AM
I'm really pumped to see this game! Of course I'm a Steeler fan but i really like the Packers.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Sounding off, it's Super Bowl Sunday!! Time to finish the climb of Stairway to 7!!! still 3.5 hours to go!