PDA

View Full Version : Since the Super Bowl is on Fox this season...

Troyisabeast_43
01-24-2011, 07:19 PM
It will provide a good storyline if the Steelers should win the game and how Terry Bradshaw will react to Ben Roethlisberger on the stage with the Lombardi Trophy in his hands. Bradshaw is normally the guy on Fox like Nantz is for CBS who handles all the Trophy presentations and it will be very interesting to see if Ben and Bradshaw will bury the hatchet once and for all and see eye to eye on the stage should the Steelers win... Personally, I for one would love to see these two shake hands and make up and kind of mend fences and move on from here...

Nolrog
01-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Too bad Bradshaw would be diplomatic about it. When Franco presented the Lamarr Hunt trophy yesterday, he was as excited as the players. I really enjoyed seeing that.

airbrake 1
01-24-2011, 07:26 PM
I think ben will be cordial to terry, but i can't believe ben will forget all the things terry has spouted off this year...if there was one person who i thought would have some sympathy for ben, it would have been terry, but terry is a strange guy...you never know what you're going to get from him, and personally i'm a big terry fan, but i think ben feels at least a little betrayed by terry...hopefully after we win we can all get along ben and terry included....it will be beautiful watching goodell have to hand the lombardi trophy to james harrison and the mvp trophy to ben, gonna be sweet #7 is within our grasps...go steelers:tt02:

SteelCityKid5
01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
This is hilarious because I was thinking the same thing

steeldoc
01-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Terry was a beast as a player, but his schtick as a country boy is rather annoying. I think he is pretty insecure which is why he crashes and burns with people. Ben seems like a guys guy (no pun intended), who probably could care less about Bradshaw...but you know he wants one more ring than Terry has.

K Train
01-24-2011, 08:18 PM
every step ben gets closer to dominating everything bradshaw ever did the more bradshaw hates him

LarryNJ
01-24-2011, 08:30 PM
If we win the SB the last thing on Ben's mind is going to be what Terry said to or about him. I say that for 2 reasons, 1st he will be so excited, relieved, happy that he won't care. 2nd I really believe that Ben has put it all behind him. I think he knows that he's a different person and he's happy with that. What Terry says or did say has no bearing on him.

Terry will be nothing put professional on the stage. Deep down I'd guess he's pulling for the Packers.

Clevelandsux
01-24-2011, 08:31 PM
I love Bradshaw. Great player, but a major headcase. ever see that feature about about him on the history of the Steelers dvd? Seems like a very bitter guy. Bradshaw has been giving ben his props over the playoffs. Hopefully they'll bury the hatchet.

WindyCityShaker
01-24-2011, 08:41 PM
every step ben gets closer to dominating everything bradshaw ever did the more bradshaw hates him

At least twice over the last 6 games or so Terry did compliment Ben and give him props for his play. He seems to be softening a bit but that could just be posturing.

SteelDad
01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
First and foremost, this will mean no Nantz and no Simms.:cope::clap:

In regards to possiblity of TB and Ben being on stage together, let's win the damn game first and worry about this later. For the sake of conversation though, TB was my idol growing up but even I know when to say "Shut the hell up Terry." He will be fine and so will Ben.

SteelCityKid5
01-24-2011, 10:09 PM
So like can Madden come out of retirement and team up with Al Michaels and have this game on NBC? We're 2-0 with those two.

Troyisabeast_43
01-24-2011, 11:05 PM
First and foremost, this will mean no Nantz and no Simms.:cope::clap:

In regards to possiblity of TB and Ben being on stage together, let's win the damn game first and worry about this later. For the sake of conversation though, TB was my idol growing up but even I know when to say "Shut the hell up Terry." He will be fine and so will Ben.

I made a thread on here about a month or so ago about how horrific the Steelers record is with Nantz and Simms in the regular season at 4-18 I believe since 2005. But in the playoffs since 2005 and this includes the game last night the Steelers are 5-0 when Nantz and Simms do their games in the playoffs. So it definitely MUST be a post season thing with these two lol...We get the unfullfilled pleasure of listening to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman in the Super Bowl now. The good news is Buck and Aikman both have done 4 Steelers games since 2006 and they are 4-0 with them since then and one of those 4 wins was the win against the Packers last year on the final play...

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Terry Bradshaw should excuse himself from being within a hundred yards of Ben.

Dean Denton
01-25-2011, 12:45 AM
I would love to see Bradshaw take the trophy and hit Ben in the balls with it dropping him to a knee, then have Ben stagger to his feet, eyes watering, and snap Bradshaw in a Stone Cold Stunner, rocking him off the stage. With Terry laying flat on his back, Ben jumps off the stage to drop a big elbow, but Terry roles out of the way, and Ben falls into the waiting arms of Howie Long, who then starts to snap Ben's back in a bear hug. Just before Ben fades to black, he bites Howie's ear off and gets free spitting the ear back in Howies face. With Blood dripping from Ben's chin he see' Terry trying to crawl away on his hands and knees. The entire time the crowd is on their feet because this brawl is coming in on a 120 foot TV in HD. Troy tries to stop Ben, and begs him to join him in prayer, but Ben just knocks Troy aside and runs straight at the helpless Bradshaw, then punts him in the face sending Bradshaws teeth flying in all directions. At Bens feet is the Lambardi trophy, now covered in blood as well as finger prints. Ben picks it up and holds it tight to his chest as he looks over Terry, who is knocked out, Howie who is reeling in pain, holding what is left of in ear on the side of his head. Then to Troy, poor Troy who is left shaking his head, tears streaming down his face as he looks upon Ben. The man Troy knew him to be all along. Not only the greatest QB in Steelers history, but the greatest QB in NFL history. Troy runs to his QB and grabs him in a loving embrace. The crowd goes wild again. Troy grabs Bens arm and raises it and the Trophy for all to see. The champ has done it again.
Or Ben and Terry could just shake hands. either way I'm good if they win again.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Dean that was funny man....lol Didn't know you were talking about Ben/Terry or Hulk Hogan/The Ultimate Warrior for the WWF championship in WrestleMania VI......lol

But Terry has lighten up on Ben the past few weeks and I think I even read Ben wouldn't mind burying the hatchet with Terry....Not in Terry's skull of course but to work things out between the to......

As for Joe Buck....makes me want to yuck....I hate that guy....Aikman is ok I guess.......But I'm sure he will ball wash Aaron Rodgers the entire game like always.......lol

SteelDad
01-25-2011, 07:36 AM
I made a thread on here about a month or so ago about how horrific the Steelers record is with Nantz and Simms in the regular season at 4-18 I believe since 2005. But in the playoffs since 2005 and this includes the game last night the Steelers are 5-0 when Nantz and Simms do their games in the playoffs. So it definitely MUST be a post season thing with these two lol...We get the unfullfilled pleasure of listening to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman in the Super Bowl now. The good news is Buck and Aikman both have done 4 Steelers games since 2006 and they are 4-0 with them since then and one of those 4 wins was the win against the Packers last year on the final play...

Those are some stats I can live with!!:yellowthumb:

--- Added 1/25/2011 at 06:36 AM ---

I would love to see Bradshaw take the trophy and hit Ben in the balls with it dropping him to a knee, then have Ben stagger to his feet, eyes watering, and snap Bradshaw in a Stone Cold Stunner, rocking him off the stage. With Terry laying flat on his back, Ben jumps off the stage to drop a big elbow, but Terry roles out of the way, and Ben falls into the waiting arms of Howie Long, who then starts to snap Ben's back in a bear hug. Just before Ben fades to black, he bites Howie's ear off and gets free spitting the ear back in Howies face. With Blood dripping from Ben's chin he see' Terry trying to crawl away on his hands and knees. The entire time the crowd is on their feet because this brawl is coming in on a 120 foot TV in HD. Troy tries to stop Ben, and begs him to join him in prayer, but Ben just knocks Troy aside and runs straight at the helpless Bradshaw, then punts him in the face sending Bradshaws teeth flying in all directions. At Bens feet is the Lambardi trophy, now covered in blood as well as finger prints. Ben picks it up and holds it tight to his chest as he looks over Terry, who is knocked out, Howie who is reeling in pain, holding what is left of in ear on the side of his head. Then to Troy, poor Troy who is left shaking his head, tears streaming down his face as he looks upon Ben. The man Troy knew him to be all along. Not only the greatest QB in Steelers history, but the greatest QB in NFL history. Troy runs to his QB and grabs him in a loving embrace. The crowd goes wild again. Troy grabs Bens arm and raises it and the Trophy for all to see. The champ has done it again.

Dean, I don't think you put nearly enough thought into that.:lol:

DIESELMAN
01-25-2011, 07:55 AM

LMAO!!! You forgot the part about Goodell trying to break it up, Silverback comes in and hits Goodell in the jaw (breaking it of course), then hauling Goodell up to the top of the stadium where he does a power bomb all the way down to the 50 yard line. Next day, Art Rooney II is named NFL commissioner!!

Scorp
01-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Terry will have a change of heart about Ben and have a much different perspective of him. He should realize people makes stupid choices but change for the better. Ben has done his part as usual and that is helping the Steelers get to the Super Bowl yet again.

Dean Denton
01-26-2011, 12:39 AM
LMAO!!! You forgot the part about Goodell trying to break it up, Silverback comes in and hits Goodell in the jaw (breaking it of course), then hauling Goodell up to the top of the stadium where he does a power bomb all the way down to the 50 yard line. Next day, Art Rooney II is named NFL commissioner!! The beating of Goodell comes in the next chapter. And thats going to be a team thing, with Harrison starting with a blow to the head...lol

Scorp
01-26-2011, 12:47 AM

:haha: F--k yeah.

Rampage
01-26-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm actually really happy this is on Fox with Aikman and Buck. I like those guys more than just about any other crew out there.