PDA

View Full Version : To think about all the things this Steelers team has overcome this season...

Troyisabeast_43
01-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Is just truly remarkable when you stop and break it all down. Playing the first 4 games without Ben Roethlisberger and having to rely on both Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch who wasnt even going to be considered to be on the roster in preseason and finishing 3-1 was the start to this amazing journey. Having to use a makeshift offensive line pretty much every single week and every single game at some point this season when different guys went down and still being able to win games consistently and show the kind of resilience the Steelers did game in and game out was truly remarkable. And of course losing Aaron Smith in the Miami game 3 months ago today and seeing the evolution and the emergence of a guy like Ziggy Hood step in and have a huge playoff season here these two games was just awesome as well. Nobody gave this Steelers team a chance during the course of this season through all this adversity. It was always either the Jets,the Patriots,or the Ravens in the media's eyes as the teams to beat in the AFC. And despite all that and through everything I mentioned the Steelers are the team in the AFC left standing and the ones that will make the walk down the runway and run out of the tunnel in Dallas in 13 days. It's been a great journey and to see this organization hoist another Lombardi Trophy this season with everything they have gone through with Ben and the injuries and coaching and personnel changes in the off-season and during the season I believe would be the Steelers greatest Super Bowl victory in this great franchises proud history...

steelersbabex25
01-24-2011, 07:34 PM
:plus1: all everyones going to be talking about is the Packers journey and how they're the first NFC 6 seed to go to the Superbowl and how Aaron Rodgers is everything Brett Favre was and more. Nobody's gonna sit there and disect all the hardships that the Steelers had to overcome besides the Steelers and their fans. A 7th Lombardi would be a story book ending to a season like this.

LarryNJ
01-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Yes it's been an impressive run. You have to give props to the entire organization from the front office to the entire support staff. I'm sure the Packers will get more stories written about them and that's fine with me. They actually have not had an easy run either. They were decimated by injuries and the Favre Rodgers story is the kind of thing the public like to hear about.

WindyCityShaker
01-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I think the media will, especially now with the Pouncey injury, cover our offensive line troubles this season, but that Ben's turn around will get as much press as anything else this SB.

franchise3
01-24-2011, 09:39 PM
James Harrison after Tampa game - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon. Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

GO STEELERS!!!

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Everybody counted this team out at the beginning of the season. Saying the issues with Ben will cloud and destroy our whole season.

We don't need anybody who wasn't with us from the start. All I need is the Steeler Nation faithful. That's all we've ever had and that's all we've ever needed.

steelersbabex25
01-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Everybody counted this team out at the beginning of the season. Saying the issues with Ben will cloud and destroy our whole season.

We don't need anybody who wasn't with us from the start. All I need is the Steeler Nation faithful. That's all we've ever had and that's all we've ever needed.

Yeah and now they're all kissing our :moon:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Everybody thinks the Steelers are going to get killed in this game. They say we have no answer for the Packers offense, they say our offense can't handle the Packers defense. They say the Packers are destined, blah blah blah.

That's why they play the game folks, the Packers are as good an NFL representative as we've seen in quite awhile. They have overcome a lot too and have made believers out of a lot of people, especially late in the year. The problem is, the Steelers are playing in the Super Bowl here too everyone. Newsflash, we've overcome more than our share of problems on and off the field in 2010. If anyone is motivated by the non believers, we certainly are. Pittsburgh thrives on that, we don't need you mentality, we'll win it on our own. You have to love that attitude that we carry into this game. Everyone said the Ravens would beat us, then they said the Jets would own us, and look who is headed to Dallas.

It ain't over yet folks and if we're fortunate enough to hoist that 7th Lombardie then we will know that we earned it and all the critics can bow down and eat crow.

Troyisabeast_43
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Everybody thinks the Steelers are going to get killed in this game. They say we have no answer for the Packers offense, they say our offense can't handle the Packers defense. They say the Packers are destined, blah blah blah.

That's why they play the game folks, the Packers are as good an NFL representative as we've seen in quite awhile. They have overcome a lot too and have made believers out of a lot of people, especially late in the year. The problem is, the Steelers are playing in the Super Bowl here too everyone. Newsflash, we've overcome more than our share of problems on and off the field in 2010. If anyone is motivated by the non believers, we certainly are. Pittsburgh thrives on that, we don't need you mentality, we'll win it on our own. You have to love that attitude that we carry into this game. Everyone said the Ravens would beat us, then they said the Jets would own us, and look who is headed to Dallas.

It ain't over yet folks and if we're fortunate enough to hoist that 7th Lombardie then we will know that we earned it and all the critics can bow down and eat crow.

As awesome as the Super Bowl win over the Cardinals was 2 years ago seeing how dramactic it was and how it was won, winning this one against a great team and franchise like Green Bay I believe would be the best one of all. To see this team win a Super Bowl this year with all the injuries they have had and all the off-season problems and QB issues,and online issues this season I believe would be the sweetest victory of the 3 Super Bowls this decade...

Scorp
01-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Did it really start in misery? I'm asking cause the Tribune says it did. I disagree. Maybe they said it did because we didn't have Ben for the first 4 games. What are your thoughts?

Scorp
01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Episode 5: Black and Gold.

In western Pennsylvania, six world championships, three rivers, and one hugely passionate fanbase converge. And on Sundays in Autumn, 65,000 Terrible Towels twirl as one, spurring a football phenomenon that is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

To be a member of Steeler Nation is to bleed black and gold. It's no coincidence that both the city's coat of arms and team colors are the same, and that the U.S. Steel logo has adorned one side of their helmet since 1933. The Steelers aptly embody the industry that supports Pittsburgh, but also, the people who make the town run better.

Those people include the heroes involved with The Pittsburgh Promise, a scholarship program launched to help students in area public schools plan, prepare, and pay for education beyond high school at an accredited post-secondary institution within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is a commitment to the future of young Pittsburghers and an affirmation of the region's aspirations to be a dynamic place to live and work. One initiative to raise money for the Pittsburgh Promise is the city-wide "Casual Friday" pledge, where local businesspeople pay $5 to dress down in their favorite black and gold outfits before gameday. What ensues is a mass Steelers pep rally, and more than that, a weekly coming together of people for a worthy cause.

But there are no casual Sundays for the Men of Steel. Once they put on the black and gold, it's time to go to work. Just like the grit and elbow grease on which Pittsburgh is built, the Steelers' hardnosed tradition is what makes them so beloved by their fans.

And it is this unwavering pride and devotion that the cameras of "The NFL Season: A Biography, Presented by SAP" sought to capture, as Big Ben Roethlisberger made his controversial return form suspension Week 6 against the division rival Cleveland Browns.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-the-season/09000d5d81bd0670/The-Season-Black-and-Gold