PDA

View Full Version : anybody get any "stuff" today?

mwittman5
01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
living in san diego all ive heard today (wore my Ben jersey to my college) is that the packers will win and one guy even told me to lay down so he can run me over when he let me cross the street lol. anybody else get any stuff from other fans today?

WindyCityShaker
01-24-2011, 06:26 PM
I got 1 Pack will win, but 3 Go Steelers 2 in the Rochester NY Airport.

Now living in Chicago I can tell you through calls, emails, from friends, family, co-workers etc, about 97% of Chicago is hoping, nay praying we beat the Pack. I run into Steeler Nation more often than you'd expect in Chi-town.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-24-2011, 06:43 PM
All day at my school, I've been hearing Packers "fans"(just appeared out of nowhere) saying how they're gonna destroy us.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2011, 06:46 PM
I got mostly, it's going to be a great game :blah: The one Jets fan at work wasn't there today, but I'm going to print out some Steelers stuff and post it on his door tomorrow :D

Steel Trap86
01-24-2011, 06:55 PM
I got a few "Go Packers" at my university today, but I know a lot of Steeler fans too. One guy always goes against the Steelers because he likes upsets, so it was pretty damn funny when I told him the Pack are going in as 2.5 favorites lol

I got 1 Pack will win, but 3 Go Steelers 2 in the Rochester NY Airport.

Now living in Chicago I can tell you through calls, emails, from friends, family, co-workers etc, about 97% of Chicago is hoping, nay praying we beat the Pack. I run into Steeler Nation more often than you'd expect in Chi-town.

What does Chi-Town think of Cutler today? Sitting out of a game that could send your team to the Superbowl on a sprained MCL? Even if he really couldn't play, he still didn't even help the 3rd string QB on plays or give him any guidance. He was sitting on the bench doing **** all. total failure as a leader. Somebody showed me a youtube video today of Bears fans burning a Cutler jersey so I guess that says something lol

Nolrog
01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
living in san diego all ive heard today (wore my Ben jersey to my college) is that the packers will win and one guy even told me to lay down so he can run me over when he let me cross the street lol. anybody else get any stuff from other fans today?

I literally work 15 mintues from the Florham Park campus of the Jets. No one said nothing around me today.

MNSteelerfan
01-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, living in Minnesota there are a lot of Packer haters who were saying go Steelers to me. It's interesting tho, the Packer fans I did run into just gave me dirty looks when they saw my Steelers gear, didn't have to balls to say anything

coach
01-24-2011, 08:06 PM
One of the guys at work says to me, "go pack, go."

Tha's cool, he's a Broncos fan.

Last week, he says "go jets, go."

Nuff said.:bunny:

pimplydan
01-24-2011, 08:15 PM
I met a man wear a sweater with the green bay logo , so I opened up my coat to show him my steeler jersey . As he was walking by , he went thumbs up and sayed good luck !

This was at the airport in Montreal

WindyCityShaker
01-24-2011, 08:28 PM
What does Chi-Town think of Cutler today? Sitting out of a game that could send your team to the Superbowl on a sprained MCL? Even if he really couldn't play, he still didn't even help the 3rd string QB on plays or give him any guidance. He was sitting on the bench doing **** all. total failure as a leader. Somebody showed me a youtube video today of Bears fans burning a Cutler jersey so I guess that says something lol

Yeah there were a lot of folks upset at least during the game, of course todays report of the MRI lightened that a little bit, but questions are still there.

Living here I get innundated daily with Bears news and with lots of family and friends being fans I do get a ton of exposure to the team. Physically who knows what he could or couldn't do but I agree he didn't show me much competitiveness in the area of trying to get back out there like someone else mentioned about Pouncey in college and other players where you physically have to take the helmet from the player. Even though Hanie said he did help out I think the cameras would have caught that at some point or another; I remember seeing Jay sitting right next to Hanie not saying a word while Hanie was studying the photographs.

I saw a guy who was having an awful game who did sustain an injury but rather than it being a disabling injury he used it as an opportunity to stop taking a beating. I think we're just spoiled by Ben and how tough he is. You know BR would've at least gone back out there with a brace to see if he could go or not.

SteelDad
01-24-2011, 08:58 PM
One of the guys at work says to me, "go pack, go."

Tha's cool, he's a Broncos fan.

Last week, he says "go jets, go."

Nuff said.:bunny:

Love the avatar Coach!!

Packer fan is as good as it gets. I doubt many of them will say anything negative. They appreciate the game big time and obviously will pull hard for their team, but they honestly are just good folk. Next time we play in Lambeau I encourage you to go even if just to tailgate. Very hospitable bunch that loves beer and football. Could it be any better?

SteelerCountry58
01-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Living in Pa I get mostly thumbs up even though there are a fair
amount of Eagles fans here too. They can't say much when I wear my
Got Rings? shirt around. That usually shuts up the vagrants.
As far as The Pack fans,they are old school knowledgeable people
overall who respect the game unlike some cities nitwits. I don't
have a problem with them but they are in the way to 7 and must
get mowed down in the process.:lol:

steelchamp204
01-24-2011, 10:14 PM
No prob at all here in pa. At work I have a COUPLE eagles fans, 1 jet fan, 2 dolphins fans and the rest are all steelers. I dont get no ****.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-24-2011, 10:29 PM
People were saying that we'll lose cuz were not playing an NFC West team for once....LOL

pontiacbubba
01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Living in Atl( just north of it actually), I don't get a lot of Packers fans at all. Some Atl fans are saying we'll lose but, for the most part, its done to try to get me riled up( In a good natured way ). Being orginally from Erie and having to put up with the Bills/Browns fans, I'll take this no problem!

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2011, 11:35 PM
I got mostly, it's going to be a great game :blah: The one Jets fan at work wasn't there today, but I'm going to print out some Steelers stuff and post it on his door tomorrow :D

As you should. As much as the Jets and their fans have been talking, it's now time for them to get it back. haahhaa

Dee Mca
01-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Living in Indiana
I got a lot of "I should be ashamed of myself for jumping on the Steeler bandwagon"
I think most Hoosiers are retarded in the fall I wear nothing but Steelers gear.
After the season is over I switch to Pens and Pirates.
Yes I am a Pirates fan and damn proud of it!

SteelerDan1973
01-25-2011, 03:10 AM
I was told by a Browns fan that the Packers would "get up in you all." She then told me to "mark my (her) words". I merely smiled in reply.

SteelDad
01-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Living in Indiana
I got a lot of "I should be ashamed of myself for jumping on the Steeler bandwagon"
I think most Hoosiers are retarded in the fall I wear nothing but Steelers gear.
After the season is over I switch to Pens and Pirates.
Yes I am a Pirates fan and damn proud of it!

Although I don't use the word much, retarded and Hoosiers typically go hand-in-hand. I'm required to say this as a Mitten-Dweller.

DIESELMAN
01-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Although I don't use the word much, retarded and Hoosiers typically go hand-in-hand.

Right on!! My fiancÚ just had our baby boy last Aug. I live in Brandenburg, Ky, right across the river from Indiana. They have a really good L&D at their hospital, so when my fiancÚ (Marian) asked if we should have TJ there, I told her "Hell No!!!", "my son is not going to be a damn Hoosier!!!"

Scorp
01-25-2011, 08:32 AM
I got a "Beat them Packers" from a bears fan yesterday when i dropped off my son at school.

steelersbabex25
01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
I got a lot of "congratulations on the Steelers" today. A few of my friends told me that this is the first time that they've ever rooted for the Steelers.