PDA

View Full Version : AT LAST, a worthy fanbase

Go 'Lers
01-24-2011, 11:42 AM
As Steeler fans, this Super Bowl will be especially meaningful as we are going up against a team with just as much passion, history, and tradition as our beloved team. I know a thing or two about the less than equal fans from our previous Super Bowl matchups...

I WAS AT SUPER BOWL XL - The sheer number of fans we had in Detroit compared to the tiny contingent of Seahawks fans made it feel like Heinz Field with a roof. They estimated 85% black and gold but from a first hand perspective it felt like MUCH more!

I VISIT PHOENIX (2 months after) SUPER BOWL XLIII - My friend in Arizona said Cardinals fans were in a fever-pitch just for the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl then vanished afterwards. Lifelong Cardinals fans...for two weeks. I even wore my Steelers shirt during the day and walked around with impunity.

Now we finally get to go up against a worthy group of fans that can match our intensity and love for the team. The Steel City vs Titletown is going to be epic.

NHStlrfan
01-24-2011, 11:48 AM
The NFL and anyone who sells memorabilia has got to be LOVING this matchup! Even with the economic issues I'll bet the records are going to fall for Superbowl gear sales!

I live in New England where you would think they would have mania as well. Just not the case. Oh yeah, there are a number of rabid fans here but NOTHING like you see in the Burgh and surrounding area. Year round in Pittsburgh you'll see Steelers gear everywhere. In NE, when the Pats do well you see it, but when not, they're on to something else.

Stlrs4Life
01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Think it's a great match up for the NFL.

Ambridge
01-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Two of the Leagues Flagship Franchises both with huge fan followings and rich traditions playing for all the marbles......on paper this should be a Great Game.
It's also worth mentioning that Mike McCarthy is a Pittsburgh native which makes for a good side story as well.

airbrake 1
01-24-2011, 02:37 PM
this game has the makings of the greatest super bowl ever...i would guess that this super bowl will break all super bowl records (attendence, television ratings, gear sold)...these two teams played a classic game at heinz field with the steelers winning on the final play of the game...even though pittsburgh and green bay are some of the smallest markets in the NFL they have the most passionate fanbases, who pack road stadiums, pull up big television numbers and sell tons of gear...even though new york and chicago are much bigger markets i would bet a jets/ bears super bowl wouldn't even come close to the television numbers the steelers/packers match-up will deliver...the football gods have rewarded us with this historic match-up...one more win to go baby...go steelers:tt02:

SteelCurtainYinzer
01-24-2011, 05:12 PM
The neighbors up the street from me are transfers from Wisconsin. Every weekend they put out their Badger flag and then on Sunday they put out their Packers Flag.....Right next to them is a unoccupied rental home....I am thinking about posting up a Steelers flag, hanging some terrible towels and taking a radio and blasting "Renegade" on Super Bowl Sunday....Just so they know where they are at!
:tt02: