PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS Fans are... SO SPOILED

igor0190
01-24-2011, 01:08 AM
STEELERS Fans are... SO SPOILED it's not even funny. Nobody should take any of this for granted. 2005, 2008, and now this year!

It really is unbelievable and after watching football with friends who have other favorite teams, it shows how truly amazing it is to have your team go to the Superbowl. Most fans are lucky to experience this maybe once in their lifetime.

Anyways... if you're a Steelers fan and have the chance... get down to Dallas if you can. It's a lot of money to spend, but it is TRULY once in a lifetime! There is no reason to be confident that you will have the chance to see this kind of team again. I'm sure you could ask anyone who was around from the 70's team, how long the wait must have felt until '95.

:banana:

Moondog
01-24-2011, 01:30 AM
This is something to be grateful for, this doesn't come around too often, if ever, for other teams. I will enjoy and savor these moments. This team, this organization, is special, it's great to be a fan.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2011, 02:00 AM
I know I'm spoiled but remember I didn't grow up in the 70s either....Born in 79 so there was many let downs before this great magical run these past 6 years.......I lived through the let downs from our QB's.....Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Kordell, Maddox so I know this special and I'm grateful for it.....

My best bud is a Bears fan and I know how he feels since his Bears have lost a Super Bowl and conference title game in his lifetime......

Steelers fans are lucky our team makes the play-offs consistently and are competing for Super Bowl titles consistently........

Steel Trap86
01-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Pittsburgh in general....you have the Pens and the Steelers. 2 big time teams right now, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pens won the cup again this season they are so stacked and the Steelers have a chance to win their 3rd Superbowl in 6 years.

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2011, 02:14 AM
Yes we are. But we paid our dues through the cornball QB like Brister, Stewart etc.

We paid and now it's time to enjoy our time.

LarryNJ
01-24-2011, 05:24 AM
STEELERS Fans are... SO SPOILED it's not even funny. Nobody should take any of this for granted. 2005, 2008, and now this year!

I guess some fans are but I know I'm not spoiled. If you appreciate it and show gratitude and don't act like a jagoff you're not spoiled.

DBR96A
01-24-2011, 05:50 AM
I spent Super Bowl XLIII weekend in Tampa. It was a spur-of-the-moment idea, and I didn't actually attend the game, but I did go to a tailgate party at a Steeler bar a couple of miles north of Raymond James Stadium, and it was fun as hell!

If we win the Super Bowl this time, then I hope I can drive up to Pittsburgh to attend the victory parade! That's been the one experience I've missed out on.

SteelDad
01-24-2011, 08:50 AM
I guess some fans are but I know I'm not spoiled. If you appreciate it and show gratitude and don't act like a jagoff you're not spoiled.

Well put Larry.:yellowthumb:

steelersgal86
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Steelers Fans are Blessed...I have been to 2 superbowl parades and hoping to make my 3rd :woot:

greg1964
01-24-2011, 09:15 AM
I grew up in Pittsburgh during the 70's and enjoyed the four in six years, An like most burghers' had to move out of the city. But my children never enjoy the the filling of watch their team winning it all: When they (my children) were in their teen years, that experience the disappointments of the Cowhers years and all the AFC championship games loses, But now 26, 23, and 22 they have a chance of seeing what I enjoy. The Steelers wining in ALL AGAIN.

YES WE STEELERS fans are SPOILD: but living in the Washington DC and see how the ineptitude of their organization....well let just say....life is good in Steelers nation

LatrobePA
01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
My son is 12 and will witness 3 SB's already. I told him to be thankful his grandfather is a Browns fan and is 52 years old and hasn't seen 1!!!

steelersbabex25
01-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I was thinking about this when I woke up this morning. This will be our 3rd Superbowl in 5 years, that's insane!

tburg68
01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm 42 years old, I became a Steeler fan growing up in SE Michigan in the 70's, because the Lions and Browns sucked so bad, the Steelers games were on more then the other two. I loved Lambert, Ham, Mean Joe, LC, Blount, Franco, Swann, Stallworth, Webster, Bradshaw, etc.........

I suffered greatly through the 80's and 90's. I pull for the 49ers to make a Super Bowl and LOSE, so they will not have a perfect record in the SB.

I bleed black and gold.

I DO NOT take the Steelers organization or its current string of Super Bowl appearance for granted, I tell my boys (15 & 11) to soak it in, because when Big Ben retires, Malone or Brister or Stewart could be the next QB's.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Steelers fans are not spoiled they are just blessed more than others. For that I am truly thankful. I am further thankful that I chose the Steelers as my team many many years ago. In those days they definitely were not the winners. They just played kick *** football and they were a fearsome competitor. Advancing to where they are today is icing on the cake. In this century we are on a roll. However, never forget that along with the good times will come bad. I will be there for both. Now is definitely good so I will enjoy it to the fullest. If your team sucks and you are not happy with them well, there is no cure for that other than to hang in there. Course, you could have chosen the Steelers. And oh yeah, don't tell me the Dallas C...ys are America's team either cause you don't know what you are talking about.

Goodfrom55
01-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Never spoiled, always appreciative that we have a team, a franchise that puts a competitive team on the field year after year. It's a testament to the culture of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I don't talk trash or gloat, because at one point or another, we have all been there on the losing side of the AFCCG. I enjoy it and much like life, thank God for it, and take nothing for granted.

SteelerCountry58
01-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Never spoiled, always appreciative that we have a team, a franchise that puts a competitive team on the field year after year. It's a testament to the culture of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I don't talk trash or gloat, because at one point or another, we have all been there on the losing side of the AFCCG. I enjoy it and much like life, thank God for it, and take nothing for granted.

Well said,I feel that way too. Enjoy the "ride"! We are just lucky enough
to have "operator's"(Rooney's) who know how to run the thing the proper way.