PDA

View Full Version : I can we can officially call this Mike Tomlin's team...

Troyisabeast_43
01-24-2011, 12:13 AM
I will admit I have been hard on Tomlin in the past and especially this year after the Steelers got blown out by the Patriots. I said we will see how good of a coach he is and if he gets this team to respond and not go in the tank like they did last season and boy did he ever. Since the Patriots game the Steelers have gone 8-1 with the only loss coming against the Jets on the last play of the game without Troy and Heath. This is officially now Mike Tomlin's team guys and no longer leftovers from Bill Cowher like so many people like to say time and time again. You are really starting to see guys that Mike Tomlin drafted and picked up make huge contributions on this team. Guys like Mendy,Wallace,Pouncey,Sanders,Brown,Ziggy,Timmons, Woodley,Redman,and Im sure I could find a few more are all Tomlin guys not Cowher guys. Also, Tomlin having the guts to part ways with a guy like Jeff Reed after the loss to the Patriots and bring in a guy like Suisham who has been tremendous since he has been in here was a great move and decision by Tomlin. So I think once and for all we can finally say that this is Mike Tomlin's team and that all the this is still Bill Cowher's team nonsense can finally once and for all be put to rest...

pimplydan
01-24-2011, 12:22 AM
I was resting already for a long time.

I loved Cowher all along his career ,the only thing he did that I disliked was him having the fate in Kordell Stewart . Kordell just didn't have it .

We went threw a few hardship years with Kordell at the helm of the steelers.

Tomlin is a different story , Ben is the leader of the team and he is one hell of a winner.
Ben is for real , steeler fans watch the ride and enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2011, 01:08 AM
I believed it was Mike's team in 2008.....Tomlin put his stamp on his team in 2007.....He made the tough choice to cut Peezy and to start Harrison....Great move

Tomlin also has takes partial credit for drafting Timmons, Woodley, along with other key players in helping this team reach two Super Bowl in three years.......

I know I still can be critical of Mike but I'm silenced forever......Really for me I had a light season in being critical of this team....Winning has made me chill some what.... All those let downs in the past I'm finally over.....I still have my oh boy dumb moments but I'm a passionate fan.......Can't help it....I wear my emotions on my sleeve....lol

igor0190
01-24-2011, 01:22 AM
For Tomlin to take the job over Whiz and Grimm... He is obviously something VERY special. The guy is an amazing leader. He may not be offensive coordinator or even defensive coordinator material, but hey look at the genius coordinators who bomb as coaches time after time. (Childress, Wade Phillips...)

I've been an unwaivering supporter from day one, and he's one guy i've never understood the criticism he gets.

pimplydan
01-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Let me tell you guys one thing ,you all hack at Arians all the time . today can you say anything about the OC game management?

Yea, maybe Tomlin calls more than we think, look at todays calls they were phenominal.

LarryNJ
01-24-2011, 05:33 AM
For Tomlin to take the job over Whiz and Grimm... He is obviously something VERY special. The guy is an amazing leader.

I've been an unwaivering supporter from day one, and he's one guy i've never understood the criticism he gets.

I believed it was Mike's team in 2008.....Tomlin put his stamp on his team in 2007.....
:plus1:

It always has been Mike's team and he'll soon ahead of Cowher behind Noll. I'd put him there already.

steelersbabex25
01-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Let me tell you guys one thing ,you all hack at Arians all the time . today can you say anything about the OC game management?

Yes. 75% of the offensive calls were shot to hell but someone made them look good because of good execution.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2011, 08:40 AM
This team is beyond a shadow of a doubt, all Mike Tomlin. The Steelers were always a physically tough team but Tomlin has made them mentally tough. They will always fight to the final gun, no matter what. They love adversity, they thrive on tough situations and tough opponents. Cowher made his mark on this team, but Tomlin has taken it to another level. This team needed a guy like him to step up and make the changes that this team needed to make in order to survive and move forward. Woodley, Timmons, Brown, Hood, Sanders, bringing in Flozell, all these moves have paid off big time.

He's had his share of ups and downs, and the whole Max Starks contract situation was a nightmare but overall Tomlin is the STeelers and the Steelers are Tomlin.

harpo
01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
But I thought Whiz was the greatest coach of our time? (sarcasm "on") :tt02:

LatrobePA
01-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Tomlin sucks and should be fired for sucking!! hahahahahahahahahaaa

SteelJunkie
01-24-2011, 03:58 PM

Yea, maybe Tomlin calls more than we think, look at todays calls they were phenominal.

Maybe Tomlin called the first half, then let BA call the second half because he wanted him to feel he contributed. Realizing his mistake he took back over the last drive. :)

tburg68
01-24-2011, 04:03 PM
It always has been Mike's team and he'll soon ahead of Cowher behind Noll. I'd put him there already.

I agree. As soon as a coach takes over, it becomes his team for better or worse. Contrary to some beliefs, you can't just throw a team on the field and expect good results, no matter the talent level or who brought them to the team. Emotion plays more of a part in football than any other sport. Tomlin has done an excellent job managing the emotion of this team. He can also take some credit over the imput of the players drafted while he was head coach. IMO, he is already a better coach than Cowher, and time will tell if he approaches or passes Noll.

His only fault that I can give him(not that he gives a crap about my opinion) is his continued loyalty to BA. The ONLY thing keeping the Steelers from being a dominate Offensive team, is OL injuries and a stupid OC.

LarryNJ
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Cowher would have ran, ran, ran & punted on that last drive. Here's an interesting blog from the New York Times. Rex Ryan said they expected a QB draw when he saw the formation.

9:48 P.M. Crazy Call. But It Worked.
The empty-backfield pass from Roethlisberger to Brown was the boldest, craziest, stupidest call I have seen in a long time. There’s something appropriate about the Jets losing on a bold, crazy, stupid play.

9:43 P.M. Big First Down for the Steelers
A killer first down. Chances are, if a team plans to throw while killing the clock, it does so on second down.

Note that the Jets stacked their three down linemen directly over the center and two guards on the first two plays of the drive. The Steelers may try to run to the outside against that stack.

Live Analysis: Final: Steelers 24, Jets 19
By MIKE TANIER
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/coming-soon-jets-at-steelers/?ref=football

steelersbabex25
01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Cowher would have ran, ran, ran & punted on that last drive. Here's an interesting blog from the New York Times. Rex Ryan said they expected a QB draw when he saw the formation.

Live Analysis: Final: Steelers 24, Jets 19
By MIKE TANIER
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/coming-soon-jets-at-steelers/?ref=football

Okay, totally forgot about that play call. That was unreal that Tomlin did it, really the perfect thing to do. Play to win, don't play not to lose. Although, if he didn't get it we would all be saying how stupid it was. Either way, gutsy gutsy playcall and it paid off.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-24-2011, 06:11 PM
I believed it was Mike's team in 2008....

same here

Nolrog
01-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Maybe Tomlin called the first half, then let BA call the second half because he wanted him to feel he contributed. Realizing his mistake he took back over the last drive. :)

Nah. They were sitting on it just trying to keep the clock running (both sides of the ball.) They dialed down the intensity on both sides in the 2nd half. If it was close, they would have played much different.