PDA

View Full Version : Need more of the Mendenhall performance in 2 weeks

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
27 rushes, 121 yds 1. TD.

We're going to need that type of performance in the Super Bowl. The Steelers knew they were going to get the chance to run on the Jets this week and they sure accomplished that task! Mendenhall and the offensive line were on fire in the first half. Flozell Adams and Ramone Foster were opening up holes big enough to drive a bulldozer through. The best part was that he was finishing off those runs with punishing hits on the defenders. Dude was on fire tonight, and Redman was getting yards as well. Even Memo made some big plays for us.

Green Bay is 18th in run defense in the NFL in the 2010 regular season. That's enough motivation for the Steelers to set up and run that rock. If you can run against a stoudt defense like the Jets, you can do it on anyone.

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Mendy was out of his mind tonight. Wow. He would just not be denied on any run. Keep it going into the superbowl Mendy

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-23-2011, 11:40 PM
We were able to run as long as Pouncey was playing...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Pouncey left in the 1st quarter. Legursky and the OL were playing together most of the time Rashard got his yards. The difference was they Jets changed their scheme up in the 2nd half and came after Legursky, that's when the problems started.

Troyisabeast_43
01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
The Packers despite having a pretty good defense have been very weak against the run this season and can be run on. The Bears with a 3rd string QB today came back against the Packers and were able to make plays on them to at least have a chance to win the game. Mendenhall should be able to run the ball with success in this game and if that happens then it will really make Ben Roethlisberger and the passing game that much more dangerous...

steelersbabex25
01-24-2011, 12:05 AM
The Packers despite having a pretty good defense have been very weak against the run this season and can be run on. The Bears with a 3rd string QB today came back against the Packers and were able to make plays on them to at least have a chance to win the game. Mendenhall should be able to run the ball with success in this game and if that happens then it will really make Ben Roethlisberger and the passing game that much more dangerous...

Not to mention Jay Cutler sucks and Ben Roethlisberger is a god.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2011, 08:33 AM
The Packers love to get after the QB just like we do, using Mendenhall and Redman will be key to our getting this victory. If we don't run the ball and they tee off on Ben it could be a long day.

coldrolled
01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Pouncey left in the 1st quarter. Legursky and the OL were playing together most of the time Rashard got his yards. The difference was they Jets changed their scheme up in the 2nd half and came after Legursky, that's when the problems started.

you sure.... maybe our friend BA took over more control in the 2nd half...

ben was on fire in the first half...

we always seem to have 2 qtrs of goose eggs ....... no matter how hot we are...

how many 3rd qtr 0 point games do we have.. anyone have the stats for that?

BA doesnt adjust to changes in the game....

Please send him packing.

LatrobePA
01-24-2011, 09:23 AM
BA is going nowhere! Ben was quoted saying " Bruce is a father figure to me "

--- Added 1/24/2011 at 08:23 AM ---

The Packers love to get after the QB just like we do, using Mendenhall and Redman will be key to our getting this victory. If we don't run the ball and they tee off on Ben it could be a long day.

The packs can be run on!!

coldrolled
01-24-2011, 10:09 AM
BA is going nowhere! Ben was quoted saying " Bruce is a father figure to me "

--- Added 1/24/2011 at 08:23 AM ---

The packs can be run on!!

sad... but i feel if we had a real good OC... we would win 37 to 17 week in and week out.... but whatever....

lets kill the pack..... :cope::cope::cope::cope:

steelersbabex25
01-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Well I think the Jets also prided themselves on getting after the quarterback, and they obviously didn't have that success until later in the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2011, 01:57 PM
The Jets sold out to stop the pass early on which open things up for the Steelers run game....Its pick your poison with this offense...Sure this offense has its warts but Ben has proven to beat you with the pass and the Steelers run game can beat you......I will say the Packers have two great corners on the outside like the Jets......I agree Mendenhall should be a huge part of the game plan against them....Just not running but in the passing game as well.....

I would exploit the middle of the Packers D......I think Miller (who has been beasting since coming back from concussion) I havn't seen Miller block like he has been blocking like he has been lately in a long time......Miller is one determined SOB out there.....But the TE's and RB's should be have an increased role in the passing game....I would look to give Brown an increased role as well.......Brown on the Packers 3rd or 4th corner I'll take that matchup.....