PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants Woodley Gone Now?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry I never wanted this guy gone.....I knew he would turn it in the post-season....He always does.....He doesn't have a 2 sacks a game streak anymore....But he did have a sack in both post-season games so far this year which gives him 10 in the post-season......The Steelers will pay him and they should.....Big Game LaMarr shows up yet again.....

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 10:53 PM
I never wanted him gone either. Stood by this dude since day 1, and what do you know, he comes through just like I said he would.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-23-2011, 10:55 PM
we all may want him but it more about the money he wants...:2cents:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM

Of course but the Rooney's have paid others.....I just think he deserves it.....I'm not saying give him a franchise breaking contract but he deserves to be payed like some of the other top 3-4 OLB's in the game......

Scorp
01-23-2011, 10:58 PM
I was going to ask all the Addicts who got frustrated with certain players in the regular season and wanted them gone. Do you still feel the same way now?

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Of course but the Rooney's have paid others.....I just think he deserves it.....I'm not saying give him a franchise breaking contract but he deserves to be payed like some of the other top 3-4 OLB's in the game......

problem with that is we also got a another great one on otherside...and he signed for less then he could of...plus he's a force ALL season...

Big T
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
One of my favorites no doubt

DanRooney
01-23-2011, 11:17 PM
I honestly don't think he played a greatgame in the least bit. I called the sack before it happened. Their tackle was lined up out of position with Woodley hanging off the edge.

And please that pass deflection was thrown right to him.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2011, 11:21 PM
He will get the franchise tag when the time comes...assuming we have an NFL season in 2011. I've been one of Wood's supporters all along, he may not get the sack every game but the guy shows up in big games and makes the plays.

K Train
01-23-2011, 11:23 PM
id have his babies

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
id have his babies

mazel tov

HUNT4SEVEN
01-23-2011, 11:51 PM
He better not leave i have 2 of his jersey he showed up when we needed him to, Ryan Clark is the liability he always get beat deep...

DanRooney
01-23-2011, 11:54 PM
He better not leave i have 2 of his jersey he showed up when we needed him to, Ryan Clark is the liability he always get beat deep...

Gay and Clark were wretched in the 2nd half.

roosterray
01-24-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry I never wanted this guy gone.....I knew he would turn it in the post-season....He always does.....He doesn't have a 2 sacks a game streak anymore....But he did have a sack in both post-season games so far this year which gives him 10 in the post-season......The Steelers will pay him and they should.....Big Game LaMarr shows up yet again.....

We all want him back - He does deserve to get paid well. Its whether or not we have room to afford him. He'll be franchised for sure. He compliments harrison and timmons very well. We can't afford to lose him.

steelersbabex25
01-24-2011, 12:31 AM
We all want him back - He does deserve to get paid well. Its whether or not we have room to afford him. He'll be franchised for sure. He compliments harrison and timmons very well. We can't afford to lose him.

I could point the finger at quite a few people on here who didn't/don't want him back.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Not me I have always been a Woodley guy......He fits in with the band of brothers mentality of this team.......You can't argue against post-season production and I don't care if the OT was out of place....You're entitled to your opinion man and lets just enjoy this final two weeks of this memorable season....No hard feelings at all but I'm a Woodley guy.......

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2011, 02:19 AM
We let Porter go, we let Greene go, and the list of LB that we've let go goes on and on.

Woodley is gone. Get over it.

Sheetz
01-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Woodley stays, he's a great LB.. why not keep him and address obvious problem areas? Would be dumb to let him go

greennick
01-24-2011, 02:32 AM
We let Porter go, we let Greene go, and the list of LB that we've let go goes on and on.

We also have signed a heap of them. Harrison just recently for example.

DIESELMAN
01-24-2011, 06:38 AM

I'd take Greene over Porter any day of the week, never should've let him go. Letting Porter go was a good decision. No comparison between Porter (60 sacks 8 years) and Woodley (39 sacks 4 years), he's not going anywhere. Get over it.

Nolrog
01-24-2011, 06:52 AM

Doesn't matter if he deserves it or not. It matters if they can fit him under the "cap". It may be wiser to spend that money on that CB that had his contract voided or on a big time tackle instead.

SteelDad
01-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Doesn't matter if he deserves it or not. It matters if they can fit him under the "cap". It may be wiser to spend that money on that CB that had his contract voided or on a big time tackle instead.

Exactly. I started a thread mid-season asking the question "Is Woodley worth the money he'll be demanding?" That does not mean I want to see him gone, it means can we afford him? Woodley has been great for the Steelers and for the city in general, but when you look around the defense and see who gets paid what and who will demand what, could he be the odd man out? I don't know just yet...

coldrolled
01-24-2011, 09:28 AM

dude... we barely spend money.. we can pay the 56 whatever...

washington and chicago even cinci spends big money...

we spend money like a paper boy spends money... nickel and dime.

the only reason half the players stay on the team is to be a steeler.... not for the big pay day. ask number 10.... wheres wake and bake now...

:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

LatrobePA
01-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Stupid thread, no one said they wanted him gone! WHY START **** NOW???

Blazedby92
01-24-2011, 11:12 AM
^^^^Agree enjoy this time the offseason is for this thread.
Hell mid season there were a few of SA wanted to kick Lebeau to the curb where they at now, maybe they should go "play in traffic" like all bandwagon's should, like I said winning brings them out of the wood works.

Woodley is here to stay

Stlrs4Life
01-24-2011, 11:15 AM
I was going to ask all the Addicts who got frustrated with certain players in the regular season and wanted them gone. Do you still feel the same way now?

I still do not like William Gay. Yes, he has had a pretty good season this year. Still think he is over rated.

I never want Woodley gone, and hoping the Steelers resign him.

steelersbabex25
01-24-2011, 11:42 AM

So because we've let a handful of other LBs go, we're bound to let Woodley go eventually too? Good logic, I guess.

--- Added 1/24/2011 at 10:42 AM ---

I still do not like William Gay. Yes, he has had a pretty good season this year. Still think he is over rated.

Over rated? Nobody likes Willie Gay or thinks he's good at all except on the blitz.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Stupid thread, no one said they wanted him gone! WHY START **** NOW???

Not starting **** at all....Just always have supported LaMarr Woodley and will continue to do so......Dude is a big game player and always has been.....

This next response for you isn't for you Latrobe but Blazedby92....LeBeau is 73 and going to retire very soon...What are we going to do clone his ***?.....I'm still not convinced LeBeau would have adjusted to beat the Pats and Brady....But that doesn't even matter now.......LeBeau never has adjusted when facing Brady and some players just match up well against his scheme.....

Hey I just find funny that everybody wants to hang out Bruce Arians all the time which some of its deserved.......But Dick LeBeau isn't untouchable when he has a bad game plan then I'm going to state it.....I didn't like that game plan vs the Pats and I hate seeing the Steelers lose to that team period......Hate those bastards.......