PDA

View Full Version : 34 defense vs 34 defense in the Super Bowl

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Dom Capers, known around the league as the other great 34 zone blitz master behind Lebeau will have his defense ready to go. This is going to be a great matchup, both teams know the defense well so who makes the big mistake on offense will be key!

I'm glad we've got Coach Dad on this one I'll tell you that much. What strategy will these 2 will have for each other? Who can outsmart the other?

nuclearchihuahuas
01-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Its like playing ourselves. Should be hard fought

Scorp
01-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Mirror images of eachother? Just wearing different colors. Black and Gold vs Gold Plated. What a game it's going to be.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Dom Capers was the DC here in Pittsburgh back in the Cowher days. We had a great defense then, and he's got the players to back it up in Green Bay. Talk about a titanic matchup!

You're exactly right chichuahuas, it is like playing ourselves.

Scorp
01-23-2011, 11:42 PM
DL will get the better of them. It's going to be a bruiser.

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Should be one for the ages. 14 days..

HUNT4SEVEN
01-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Dom Capers and Dick Lebeau it's gonna be a classic battle, I'm so happy we made it i just hope we win it all, hopefully Pouncey will play because we need him

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Dom Capers was the DC here in Pittsburgh back in the Cowher days. We had a great defense then, and he's got the players to back it up in Green Bay. Talk about a titanic matchup!

You're exactly right chichuahuas, it is like playing ourselves.

Capers coached the greatest Steelers D never to reach the Super Bowl (ok 2nd best to the 76 Steelers) had a brain slip there older fans....sorry guys

But that 94 Steelers D was the best Steelers D I have seen never to reach the Super Bowl.....That unit was amazing......

Don't forget Packers HC Mike McCarthy is a Pittsburgh guy to.....Of course John Kuhn.....lol

MattyVfromCT
01-23-2011, 11:48 PM
one MAJOR difference between ours and theirs. we had one of the all time great seasons against the run whereas they were 18th in the league. we just ran it down the jets' number 3 ranked defense's throats so i like mendy's chances of going over 100 against the packers. we can run on them, setting up the play action and that would be deadly. we really need pouncey back though that was the biggest difference in the 2nd half. we couldnt sustain drives on offense and it wore the d out