PDA

View Full Version : So sick of hearing about the jets!

Clevelandsux
01-23-2011, 12:50 PM
I turn on espn today, all i hear jets jets jets! blah blah blah! And bigfat Rex! We are totally getting dissed. I mean who has won 2 sb's in 5 years? Where is this game being played? I just hope the Steelers feel slighted just as much as i do.

steelchamp204
01-23-2011, 01:06 PM
I turn on espn today, all i hear jets jets jets! blah blah blah! And bigfat Rex! We are totally getting dissed. I mean who has won 2 sb's in 5 years? Where is this game being played? I just hope the Steelers feel slighted just as much as i do.

Seriously, when have the steelers EVER been favored in the playoffs? Its always like this and they can have all the media attention, I dont mind it. We will get enough attention when we make it to the sb.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Seriously, when have the steelers EVER been favored in the playoffs? Its always like this and they can have all the media attention, I dont mind it. We will get enough attention when we make it to the sb.

i can enjoy this game more when we are not the star. when we get to dallas it will be a steelers luv fest. the jets really suck.

LatrobePA
01-23-2011, 01:17 PM

It's getting old as hell, but they put together the "dream team" this past offseason so the hype has been all seaon long. One more day and all should be quiet on the Jets front (I HOPE)!!

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 01:18 PM
They're a good story, much like the '05 Steelers. However, they won't be winning the Superbowl.

LarryNJ
01-23-2011, 01:22 PM
The Jets certainly are more of a media story no doubt. It's very easy to be sick of that. But at 6:30 none of that matters. To me last week was beat the Ravens...this week is simply get to the SB. The Jets mean nothing and if we win I'll have the satisfaction of going to the SB I probably won't think about the Jets again. Much different than today where I'm wondering what Ray Ray and his mates along with the entire city of Baltimore are thinking as the Steel City and the Steelers are showcased again!

pimplydan
01-23-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't feal like watching the pregame stuff at all ,my t.v. isn't even on yet.

But you have to realize why they are talking about the Jets . They are talking about the Jets because they have had a nice run just to get here . Deep down inside they are just trying to amplify the intensity off the match up ,but they DO presume that we will beat them .

So they talk about the Jets this week because then they are gone..............:2cents:

steeldoc
01-23-2011, 01:36 PM
I never watch any of the pre game bullshit. It's for those who know little about football or for those who need their ego's stroked by the media. We all know what the Steelers with Ben are capable of. Who cares what the media thinks. Did anyone in the media predict that the Pats would play like crap last week? :cope:

Clevelandsux
01-23-2011, 02:05 PM
or Dennis Byrd and his inspirational speeches! blah blah blah! How about having Rocky Bleier giving the Steelers inspirational speeches about getting shot in vietnam! I'm just so sick of it! I just want the Steelers to put an end to it tonight. Then Rex can go back to munching on toe jams.

--- Added 1/23/2011 at 01:05 PM ---

Oh thats another thing, the Ravens are bitching that we jumped offsides on the winning td last week. wah wah wah! here we go again!

Moondog
01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
It doesn't matter about what people think, besides, the Jets have a large market place, the talk is about the hype and the $$$.

jd1000
01-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Well folks, if 5 or less people get murdered elsewhere, the media in NY might, just might give it a paragraph. But if a cow farts anywhere in the NY-NJ area, those schmucks will make it a headline.

The Northeast media has and always will be like that. Besides, now that the Breck Girl (Tom Brady) is out, ESPN (Entertainment Supported Patriots Network) has to go for the next best thing in their minds.

If the Jets AND Packers lose today I dont know what they will do. Oh yeah, actually I do...they will ride Jery Jones' jock until kickoff Feb 6th.

JD from Utah

North Steel
01-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Let them talk all the **** they want,it looks SO much nicer when they get there smelly asses kick today:crossfingers::tt02::helmet:

LarryNJ
01-23-2011, 03:05 PM
How about some Bengals news?
Sources: Carson Palmer wants trade

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN
Archive
Carson Palmer will ask the Cincinnati Bengals to trade him and will contemplate retirement if he does not get his wish, according to several sources.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6051119

Wow, I'd miss beating up on the most over rated QB in the league. I guess he can't handle all the young guys stepping in and having success.

jd1000
01-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Oh great...Carson can retire and whine about the Steelers and the hit he took in the knees from us (which was accidental) when he does the network gig.

JD from Utah:tt02:

Clevelandsux
01-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Palmer is an overrated bitch. Been saying that for years. He knows he'll never hold bens jock strap as long as hes in the same division. wah wah wah!!!!

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh great...Carson can retire and whine about the Steelers and the hit he took in the knees from us (which was accidental) when he does the network gig.

JD from Utah:tt02:

Kimo :( He felt so bad about that.

jnes1216
01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
It doesn't matter about what people think, besides, the Jets have a large market place, the talk is about the hype and the $$$.

I agree, of course all the talk is the Jets they're in NY. They have a lot of characters on that team, then with the hard knocks coverage they got more exposure. Doesn't matter, they'll be well covered in defeat too.

SteelDad
01-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Oh I'm sorry are we playing the Jets tonight? I thought that the AFC Title had already been granted to them as they are of course 'the jets' and Rex Ryan is their coach and they are a much more interesting story than us and they have a bigger TV market and Dennis Byrd is motivating them again tonight and then little Johnny what's his name will ask Mark Sanchez from his hospital bed in NYC to throw not one, but two TD passes tonight and then blah, blah, fricking blah!!! Go Steelers!

LatrobePA
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Great come back Jets.

Look on the bright side Rex, more time to suck your wifes toes!

nuclearchihuahuas
01-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Will they stop talking now that they have lost?

Callax
01-23-2011, 10:17 PM
sounded like during the game that Jim Nance was a SERIOUS JETS HOMER

SUCK IT JIM...
SUCK IT LONG,
SUCK IT HARD.....

NYCsteelersfan
01-23-2011, 10:47 PM
sounded like during the game that Jim Nance was a SERIOUS JETS HOMER

SUCK IT JIM...
SUCK IT LONG,
SUCK IT HARD.....

He makes me sick.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2011, 11:33 PM
I can't wait to hear them whine! When push came to shove, with the game on the line you were just like the Ravens, couldn't finish the deal!

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 11:35 PM
We won't have to hear about them anymore :woot: