PDA

View Full Version : non-holding call dooms steelers in 1st game vs jets

xxxsteelernation
01-22-2011, 08:18 PM
anyone remember that if it was not for a non-defensive holding call against sanders, that game would have been won by the steelers. and the jets owuld not be talking as much smack as they have. it seems like espn never gets down to complete facts when using doing there analysis, and yet still most of espn are picking the steelers to win. so makes me wonder what cowher and obama know that we don't.

andyg1984
01-22-2011, 08:34 PM
i def rmbr that .. holmes would have caught that .. jk ..

LatrobePA
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Yes I do, it was a bad miss call for sure...I still think if we had Heath or a TE that could catch the game would of been diffrent...

Lets not forget the Jets needed that game in a bad way...

Moondog
01-22-2011, 09:20 PM
In hindsight, I think it's better the Steelers lost the regular season game, it keeps them on point for this one.

Real Deal Steel
01-23-2011, 12:51 AM
I remember Harrison being hog tied every time he went after Sanchez.

Nolrog
01-23-2011, 09:11 AM
In hindsight, I think it's better the Steelers lost the regular season game, it keeps them on point for this one.

Not only that, but it makes the Jets over confident.

Steelers are getting very little respect from people around the NFL right now. I'm amazed that the #2 seed is being so over looked in favor of the #6. In the last 20+ years, since the NFL expanded to 12 teams in the playoffs, only one #6 seed has made the Super Bowl (the Steelers a few years back).

--- Added 1/23/2011 at 08:11 AM ---

anyone remember that if it was not for a non-defensive holding call against sanders,

Technically speaking, that's pass interference, not defensive holding.

pimplydan
01-23-2011, 09:15 AM

you hit the nail on the head . Right now that's all that matters

Callax
01-23-2011, 10:03 AM
anyone remember that if it was not for a non-defensive holding call against sanders, that game would have been won by the steelers. and the jets owuld not be talking as much smack as they have. it seems like espn never gets down to complete facts when using doing there analysis, and yet still most of espn are picking the steelers to win. so makes me wonder what cowher and obama know that we don't.

Steelers win 24-17 the jets's clock is about to strike midnight

As for you last sentence, obonehead doesn't know **** from shinola

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 01:12 PM
JUST in the game vs the Jets? Harrison is always held.

jetsknicks1
01-23-2011, 01:18 PM

Please. Are you actually blaming the loss on a non exsistant call? Blaming it on something that didn't even happen? What about your RB "First down" that kept the drive alive and if I'm not mistaken, you guys ended up scoring? It was completely obvious that he was a yard short.
It's an extremely rare event when a game is actually decided by the refs.

LatrobePA
01-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Diffrent Sunday and a diffrent game, there were missed calls the whole game, some for both teams...Today's a new day! Lets go Steelers!!

jetsknicks1
01-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Diffrent Sunday and a diffrent game, there were missed calls the whole game, some for both teams...Today's a new day! Lets go Steelers!!

I agree. There are BS calls and calls that are never made in every game. GO JETS!

SteelCityKid5
01-23-2011, 02:59 PM
If Matt Spaeth had hands, this wouldnt be a thread.

steelersbabex25
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
If Matt Spaeth had hands, this wouldnt be a thread.

Matt Spaeth doesn't have hands? :dunno:

jnes1216
01-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Like the UFC says "Take it out of the hands of the judges".

xxxsteelernation
01-23-2011, 05:32 PM
the point is that sanders had his man beat and was a sure score if not held but the db grabbed him and it was obvious and for a game changing play it was to obvious not to call.